It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call To America and the Rest of The world: Remove the Blinders From Your Eyes....Benjamen Netanya

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
IMHO i only see two scenarios where there will be peace on Gaza.
1: Palestine and Israel come to terms and stop being hostile towards each other. (we all know this isn't going to happen)

2. Because Israel is the superior power here: Israel does what it has always wanted to do to begin with and exterminate every Palestinian in the area.

While i don't agree with the 2nd scenario, i'm being realistic and that's probably the event to occur in the future.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Perhaps this is one of the main reasons so many are against Israel!! You see our government, and i don't mean the U.S.A. I am speaking of the World's government, tends to carry on its indoctrination of Anti Israel, Antisemitism , Anti Jew call it whatever you want, but the bias here against the State of Israel is unrelenting and undeniable!

Human Rights Council

The Special Rapporteur on the question of Palestine to the previous UNCHR, the current UNHRC and the General Assembly was, between 2001 and 2008, John Dugard. The mandate of the Rapporteur is to investigate human rights violations by ISRAEL ONLY, not by Palestinians

Yep that seems about right!

Many observers have made allegations of anti-Israel bias. The Economist wrote: "In its fourth regular session, which ended in Geneva on March 30, the 47-member council again failed to address many egregious human-rights abuses around the world. (...) Indeed, in its nine months of life, the council has criticised only one country for human-rights violations, passing in its latest session its ninth resolution against Israel." In 2007 Human Rights Watch noted the Human Rights Council disproportionate focus on Israel and accused it of failing to take action on other countries facing human rights crises.

Similar accusations were voiced by Freedom House,the Washington Post, Kofi Annan, Ban Ki-moon, US President George W. Bush, and members of the European Parliament. The UNHRC President himself, Doru Costea, said in 2007 that the Council should "not place just one state under the magnifying glass".[/exnews]

Renewed accusations of an anti-Israel agenda at the UNHCR were voiced by the ADL,[131] and by an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal[132] In a report on the Council activities between June 2007 and June 2009, Freedom House finds some improvement but notes that "Israel remained the target of an inordinate number of both condemnatory resolutions and special sessions."

en.wikipedia.org...

AND ON AND ON AND ON!! Why the outrageous bias against one country? I will save my response for later...

Thanks for all the thought evoking and intelligent replies and thank you for keeping it civil!
Pax

edit on 7/31/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Put up or shut up ..? Really.. thats your opinion of that murdering Satanyahoo ..??
In that case, I urge you to go to Gaza today, right now, and witness what you will see with your own eyes ..
Until then OP.. we'll see how many children's body parts you can count before realization hits you ..
The zionists will not even spare you with their indiscriminate genocide..

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

You are talking about the extreme neturei karta (Jews against zionism). You think that all jews in israel oppose zionism? only an extreme small minority, more of a laughing stock than anything... maybe 1-2% of jews are neturei karta.... everyone in israel is zionist.

No everyone in Israel is not a Zionist that is just a flat out lie. You seem to forget that there is Christians and Muslims that are living in Israel as well I highly doubt they are Zionist.

There is a lot more disinfo in your post..... you make it sound as if you've actually been there lol!

Point out the disinfo instead of just saying it. How do you know if I have been to Israel or not?

You are very extreme and unrealistic and your views are not accurate. i say this as someone who knows more than you ever will about this conflict and everything surrounding it! just thought that the op should know!

You have done nothing but spout Zionist propaganda let's actually see a neutral source to back up what you say because all you use are Zionist sources.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Personally, I believe both sides have some responsibility, but Israel are acting pretty reprehensibly right now. They warn people before bombing their houses, which tells me they know exactly what they're doing and bombing of schools and hospitals was not an accident.

It seems like the conflict is based on a number of key questions which in the main are relatively petty: Who started it (or who was the first aggressor), who is entitled to the land? Are they terrorists? When the only question people should be thinking about is how can peace possibly be achieved?

I'd argue that technically the British and the French started the whole thing with the secretive non-democratic Sykes-Picot agreement, but I doubt anyone will be calling for them to take responsibility. It's a bit hypocritical to me that this is seen as a legitimate war based on 'democratisation' of Palestine when there was limited democratic practice used in the creation of Israel. Even the countries that agreed to it were heavily bribed and the Muslim countries never agreed to it.

On entitlement, I'd say no-one is entitled to it. The idea that a group of people are entitled to a piece of land because they lived there a thousand years ago and it says so in some scrolls found in a cave is asisine. It's the same on both sides though, if people weren't indoctrinated to believe the land was holy there might not be such an issue.

In the past, despite being democratically elected, both sides have acted like terrorists, they've all terrorised innocent people caught up in the conflict regardless of what they have to say in their defence. That was one of the comical things about Sean Hannity; deriding that man for rationalising the murder of Israelies when he frequently does the same about the murder of Palestinians.

The worrying thing is that both countries seem to have given up on the idea of peace. It needs a real influential, diplomatic leader to come in who both sides respect. I don't even know if anyone like that exists, but it's certainly not John Kerry.

edit on 31-7-2014 by twfau because: paragraph

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well that was a giggle of a read, let me know how many minds you change.

Personally if we aint living over there, why are we even picking sides?

What do we do, put a wristband to show our support, or just complain on the internet, both are equally ineffective.

It's kinda how there are fans for pro sports... sorta-kinda-maybe-not

Let me see am I a Israeli, nope.
Let me see am I a Palestinian, nope.
Aint got time for an Agenda.

And seriously trying to defend either is like defending a pedophile, good luck w that. Might as well just go scream into a wall and call it progress.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

You see our government, and i don't mean the U.S.A. I am speaking of the World's government, tends to carry on its indoctrination of Anti Israel, Antisemitism , Anti Jew call it whatever you want, but the bias here against the State of Israel is unrelenting and undeniable!

It is their job to point out when other nations commit war crimes and crimes against humanity. Are you saying Israel should be above the law? Why because they cry about how they have been persecuted over the ages? If that's true then there are many groups that can say the same thing. Christians have been persecuted since it started. Blacks have been use as slaves throughout history. Native Americans were almost wiped out in the theft of America. Muslims can also say it because they have been attacked since it started as well.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I hate this whole damn conflict. Neither side are good guys. They are both bad guys and if you side with either side over the other, you are buying into some sort of propaganda.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'll say it and say it and say it. If "Israel" wanted peace, there would be peace. They don't.

And "they" are not all the Israeli people, just those led astray by the warmongering Zionist Lukid party, which is again gaining power, is in bed with others of their ilk, like the U.S. neocons and other Zionists worldwide, not being limited to the strongest propagators ( U.S. and Israel), and who deem humans as fungible.

This model and MO should be familiar to and resonate with us all. And it must be stopped.

Perhaps they are demonized because they deserve to be. Also, anyone who believes this is limited to the Palestine and Hamas just needs to step back and take a good hard look. Lebanon. Iraq. Syria. Al Qaeda, IS. DOES NOT MATTER. Well at least not until they set their sights on YOU.

edit on 7/31/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

With friends like Israel, who needs enemies.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Well, murdering a 1000+ innocent civilians isn't going to get Bibi any peace awards from what I see. Also using the excuse of the 3 murdered teenagers as an excuse to bomb the hell out of innocents isn't looking to good either. Or the demolition of Palestinian's homes to expand his settlements in direct opposition to previous agreements.

But hey, what do I know? From the devastation I've seen inflicted on innocent Palestinians civilians because of Hamas and by the IDF I'm surprised every Palestinian in Israel doesn't have a suicide bomb strapped on just for the chance to take that murderer out.

How did you guys get so ignorant about the war in Israel??? It's not about the dead teenagers...The Gazinians started firing numerous rockets at Israel...Israel told them to stop or their would be retaliation...They still won't stop firing the rockets with many dead people laying around...Israel has no choice but to try and stop those rockets...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Honestly... for what reason?

You are not going to change your view until Israel ceases to exist which means every Jew with it. It seems this is what you want.

Why waste my time trying to teach you what i know?

I dont live in USA like you..... you have way more catching up to do.... and im not talking about reading!
edit on 2014-07-31T11:54:52-05:00201407bam3107am5231 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Dude give new meaning to that old Elton John song..... Bennie and the Jets.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

I'll just leave this here:

Netanyahu says 9/11 terror attacks good for Israel.

The Israeli newspaper Ma'ariv on Wednesday reported that Likud leader Benjamin Netanyahu told an audience at Bar Ilan university that the September 11, 2001 terror attacks had been beneficial for Israel.

"We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq," Ma'ariv quoted the former prime minister as saying.

Okay let's see if you can understand exactly what Netanyahu meant by those comments....Let's start with what he didn't mean ....he did NOT mean the attacks on the twin towers was a good thing and he was glad it happened!!! The latter part of my statement is what you are trying to convey....That Bibi was blissful that America was attacked....His comments simply meant this: Netanyahu said israel was benefiting because now the rest of the world can finally see the REAL THREAT of terrorism that israel has dealt with for years coming from a rogue government made up of terrorists that will not stop until every jew is dead! it was to israel's benefit in that it brought awareness to what these sick Jihadists perpetrate daily on Israel....You are very good at spinning an article and using it to your own benefit. Forget that his quote was entirely taken out of context!

Pax
edit on 7/31/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It's okay to be against he policies of the Israeli Government, especially in regards to the Palestinians.

That's not the same as being anti semitic or anti Jew or anti Israel.

I don't like to do It, but the way Israel treats the Palestinians does have some small Parallels to how the Nazi's treated jewish people and other minorities pre world war two.

It is horrible the way the Israeli Government treats the Palestinians, takes their lands, denies them human rights and kills them indiscriminately. They should be held accountable and Netanyahu as a leader in Israel should take a heavy brunt of that criticism. However, just like in America, Israel is a Democracy with many others in government and the military that should take just as much of the blame.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Was this wrote by mossad?

edit on 31-7-2014 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
No topic brings out ignorance and hatred like Israel. Allow me to paraphrase some of the common sentiments in these threads:

'I'm not a holocaust denier, but I don't think it was really too bad.'

'I don't hate all Jews, only the practicing Jews.'

'If the Israelis would just hammer their guns into plows and deactivate the Iron Dome, Palestinian rockets could rain peace down upon them.'

'The numbers say it all -- innocent people on both sides are dying and so Israel should be punished!'

'Netanyahu is EXACTLY like Hitler, because........because Jews are involved in this conflict, and, and........Hitler was an evil guy who had something to do with Jews, so........this must have something to do with Hitler, but.......the Palestinians can't be Hitler because they are the good guys, so........OBVIOUSLY the predominantly Jewish people of Israel must be the Nazis, and that makes Netanyahu Hitler!'

Not the most thoughtful arguments to be made on ATS, but comments like these flood any thread regarding Israel. I sincerely hope the lurkers and silent members see through the blind hate some have for the Israeli people.

OP -- don't get frustrated. Netanyahu deserves to be defended. History will paint a truer picture of the man, so long as the Caliphate isn't writing the history books.
edit on 31-7-2014 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
No topic brings out ignorance and hatred like Israel. Allow me to paraphrase some of the common sentiments in these threads:

'I'm not a holocaust denier, but I don't think it was really too bad.'

'I don't hate all Jews, only the practicing Jews.'

'If the Israelis would just hammer their guns into plows and deactivate the Iron Dome, Palestinian rockets could rain peace down upon them.'

'The numbers say it all -- innocent people on both sides are dying and so Israel should be punished!'

'Netanyahu is EXACTLY like Hitler, because........because Jews are involved in this conflict, and, and........Hitler was an evil guy who had something to do with Jews, so........this must have something to do with Hitler, but.......the Palestinians can't be Hitler because they are the good guys, so........OBVIOUSLY the predominantly Jewish people of Israel must be the Nazis, and that makes Netanyahu Hitler!'

Not the most thoughtful arguments to be made on ATS, but comments like these flood any thread regarding Israel. I sincerely hope the lurkers and silent members see through the blind hate people have for the Israeli people.

Don't get frustrated, OP. Netanyahu deserves to be defended. History will paint a truer picture of the man, so long as the Caliphate isn't writing the history books.

Why are you supporting the killing of Woman and children with this twaddle?
What an Ignorant post.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4
Calling my post ignorant is not even the most absurd part of your 'reply.' If calling out idiocy equates to supporting the death of anyone, anywhere, then you are correct and I have fundamentally misunderstood my own existence. After considering that for less than half the time it took to type, I am certain that your post is devoid of substance.

The post you refer to was not overtly pro-Israel (because my opinions are not), it was pro-thought.

I realize it's futile, but for the sake of productive discussion I ask that you formulate a thought or two before replying.

edit on 31-7-2014 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Your post was .. badly formed and Pro- childish!
Thinly failed accusations of anyone, that doesn't support Israel... is a
Jew Hater! pfft
A pathetic attempt at ridiculing the more human and decent among us who
are calling a genocide a genocide.

Carry on with your defense of the indefensible.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join