It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call To America and the Rest of The world: Remove the Blinders From Your Eyes....Benjamen Netanya

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Is that a statement or a question?

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Before Israel for centuries there was Palestine - then the UN decided it should be divided and gave the majority to the Jewish population in 1947 which since that time have continued to decimate the Palestinians weedling their territory to what it is today, almost 'nothing'. All politicians lie and say things we want to hear. I go by "What you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you say." Go by their actions, not words.

The Palestinians are systematically being taken out - by design. I don't know why it's happening, but cultures and civilizations are taken out all the time. Natives were in North America long before the white people came and they were simply decimated and taken over.

There's a story behind the story behind the story. If one looks at things at face value it appears one way - if one digs into history and motives it looks quite different....

www.ifamericansknew.org...

Historically, the land of Palestine was populated by a people known as the Palestinians. Palestinians have always been religiously diverse, with the Muslim majority maintaining friendly relations with their Christian, Jewish, and Druze brethren. At the turn of the 20th Century, a new Jewish nationalist ideology called Zionism was developing. Zionism called for the creation of a Jewish homeland in Palestine. During this time, increasing numbers of Jewish Europeans immigrated to Palestine, causing the Jewish population to grow from a tiny minority to 35% of the population.

In 1947, the United Nations partitioned Historic Palestine, giving 55% to the Jewish population and 45% to the Palestinian population. The indigenous Palestinians rejected the division of the land on which they had lived and farmed for centuries.

At the time of partition, the Jewish population owned less than 6% of Palestine.

In 1948 Israel declared its "independence," but chose not to name its borders (Israel may be the only nation in the world with undeclared borders). Following its founding war of 1947-49 Israel came into existence on 78 percent of Palestine, a percentage it has steadily increased in subsequent years, a process that continues today.

Between the time of partition and the declaration of Israel on 78% of historic Palestine in 1948, the newly formed Jewish state had depopulated (through massacres, expulsion orders, and fear tactics) over 400 villages and made refugees of at least 726,000 Palestinians (see U.N.).

As Moshe Dayan put it, “Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist, not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either.”

In 1967, Israel occupied the remaining 22% of historic Palestine: the West Bank and Gaza (as well as large sections of Syria and Egypt). Since then Israel has transferred many of its citizens to Jewish “settlements,” (colonies, which are illegal according to the fourth Geneva Convention). Today 40% of the West Bank is off-limits to Palestinians, as they are not allowed to live in Israeli settlements, drive on Israeli-only roads connecting these settlements, or even live or travel through “security zones,” surrounding the settlements.

Following the 1967 war, Israel created what it calls “Greater Jerusalem.” It did this by expanding the borders of East Jerusalem to include surrounding areas of the West Bank where the Palestinian population was minimal. It annexed this new “Jerusalem,” and declared it to be it’s capitol.

Since 1967, Israel has established numerous illegal settlements in this “Greater Jerusalem,” thereby ensuring a Jewish majority in the city. While the municipal government encourages the construction of new Jewish homes in the city, Palestinian families (many of whom have lived in Jerusalem for centuries) are rarely able to acquire the permits necessary to build new homes and are only allowed to live in certain areas of the city due to systematic discrimination against non-Jewish citizens.

For more information on housing discrimination in Jerusalem, watch Jerusalem: An Occupation Set in Stone?

Following the 1967 war, Israel began establishing numerous settlements, or illegal housing developments for Jewish Israelis only on stolen Palestinian land (colonies). There are now thousands of these settlements throughout the West Bank and Gaza, as well as numerous settlements in the Syrian Golan Heights.

Settlements are one of the major blockages to a peaceful and just resolution to Israel’s conflict with the Palestinians and other Arabs. The "roadmap" to peace calls on Israel to dismantle these settlements and to return the land to the rightful owners. Unfortunately, Israel continues to expand existing settlements and to build new ones.

Israeli settlers, who are known for their Jewish fundamentalism and desire to take the rest of Palestine (and perhaps even parts of other Arab lands) for Israel, usually carry large guns. They travel on specially built “bypass roads,” that now crisscross the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Palestinians are not allowed to use these roads.

edit on 31-7-2014 by wishes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
a reply to: Expat888

Okay so thanks for your opinion....Now, where is your proof ya know those things they call facts? Check your emotions... Are we to assume you support state sponsored terrorism.? Ask the people who are there....Yes, murder is taking place and why are you surprised or better yet outraged? When a well defined terrorist group runs a country, do you really think you are gonna get rainbows and lolipops? Or better yet, DEMOCRACY?? it is so sad that the people of Palestine have been taught to hate and continue to teach that hatred to the next generation...but you know what is worse? Someone like you who has the right to to freedom! Freedom to educate yourself and not buy into the propaganda..Freedom to look at the FACTS and not give into your high strung emotions...

Until we are all willing to look at the facts and not convey a knee jerk emotional opinion then we are fueling this conflict and working against peace! I realize we will never have peace in the Middle East but i do not want to bear the burden of perpetually fanning the flames that in the long run will hurt each and every one of us.....

Thanks,
Pax

You didn't provide any facts yourself…. just statements. Anyone can make a statement, but it means nothing if it is not backed up entirely by actions.

1st… lets assume that Israel seized all their attacks on the palestinian civilians. Do you for a second think that the Iron Dome would not continue to destroy 99.8& of the crude Hamas rockets?
Really… in the last 2-3 years, I want YOU to document how many rockets actually got through the Israeli defence system (provided by the US).

Now, that does not make Hamas right in their actions by any means…. it just goes to show, that even though Israel KNOWS it could deter 99.8% of the attacks, and then let the world see how evil Hamas is and that they are enduring and suffering and the UN would curse Hamas instead, then Israel CHOOSES to hammer the # out of a small area of Israel with weaponry far more superior than what Hamas could ever dream of possessing.

Israel is in no real danger…… really, they aren't.

Now to mr Nuttyyahus statements. As I said, statements are nothing without actions. But it's funny how the UN put down that things should be in this and that way in 1967 regarding borders, but regardless of Israeli rethoric, they are stilling pissing all over the 1967 dicissions with their constant settling….. the settlements are a passive aggressive way of attacking and ousting the Palestinian civilians. UN has numerous times said "enough is enough to Israel" but Israel don't give a #.

How do you defend the settlements? What is the justifiable reason that Israel could IGNORE the dicissions of the UN, a council that is the sole reason they "got" Israel in the first place and a council of which they are a member?

Then we have the happy accident where Netanyahu got caught on live mic stating how easy it is to push around the US.

You OP are a prime example of propaganda induced Israeli support. You take words for granted… It appears that because someone says something it means that they stand by it. In politics nothing could be farther from the truth….
They say what you want to hear, so you can feel comfortable believing them.

I don't get my points of view from the media or my own politicians. I don't need ANYONE to tell me what to think or say in regards to the Israeli attrocities. I'm atheist by choice, so religion has no impact on me.

NO… I just need to look at the naked pictures without text to tell, that something is completely wrong down there, and being the bigger one, Israel has the majority of the responsibility.
They pretend to want a two state nation, but if that is what they want, why don't they just liberate the Palestinian civilians and remove Hamas? They could complete the job in a couple of days… no instead they are pounding the entire area with bombs and artillery careless about who they murder in the process.

They could achieve their goals with a minimum of casualties and that's is not what they are doing.

Let's just take the example of the latest school bombing. The UN warned the Israelis 17 TIMES!! 17…. and also said that they were ALL refugees. The school got bombed anyways.

You can talk all you want about Israels right to defend itself, but two wrongs does NOT make a right… no way.
And unlike Hamas, who are exhausted and deillusionized from 70 years of occupation, Israel has a choice to do this the right way.

But as long as religious stance decides that someone has the right to a certain area of some part of the world (which in fact no one does….. if that was true, the American people should be tried for the ethnic cleansing of the native indians), then the middleeast will be in flames.

I long for a generation of people who can see past the insanities of religion and chooses not to believe the outrageous words of the Talmud or extremist versions of the Quran. A generation that UNDERSTANDS that anyone can live ANYWHERE they want without being procecuted or mistreated.

Netanyahu is a zionist and therefore by nature a racist, since zionism is about race purity rather than integration.

So no… most of us are not blinded by the media. If anything the media is pro-israel more then pro-hamas.

What sets us apart is exactly the opposite; we don't buy into propaganda at all.
The same goes for our view on the US. Kerry pretending to want peace… Obama condemning and so on. But whos companies are drilling for oil in the Golan heights and who just restocked Israels weapon supplies?

Actions speak louder than words.

Hence Israel and the US has lost the media war thanks to the tireless efforts of common people who uses Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Israel sucks, there is nothing else to add that hasn't been said before.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Good luck with this OP. S&F

Nice to hear someone with a level head for a change.

We have the US that is responsible for millions of deaths the last decade only. Along with other western nations. The US taxpayer is also funding Israel.
Yet people here will liken Israel to Nazi Germany for protecting THEIR HOMELAND.

Rockets, tunnels leading into Isreal, raids have been conducted through these tunnels and killed Isrealies. Using human shields. Firing rockets and storing ammo in UN schools. (never hear the UN get critisized for this). After multiple warnings (leaflet drops, dummy smoke markers and evacuation orders) then Israel strikes their targets. Have the US EVER used these tactiks? Have any of YOU israel haters ever critisized HAMAS for stopping civilians evacuating buildings before being attacked?....thought not.

You need to start reading the news from both sides. Seems most here cannot do that.

Do the people on this thread SUPPORT this?? WHy do the Isreal haters NEVER admit Hamas are just as much to blame. If they had the same weapons as Israel they would make Israel look like choirbous.
Israrel have offered 2 state solutions but Hamas will still not let go of the Annhialate Israel rhetoric, this alone is one of the main reasons peace talks keep failing.

Ihate the violence overthere and am sure there could be a peaceful alternative,but when 2 sides conflict, 2 sides are to blame.

WHy do people here promote the Hamas rhetoric? Americans too, after what their country has done to millions around the world and they critisize the Jews?????? beggars belief....it really does.

Any ameri8cans here defending Hamas, you have more power to stop this than the Isreali people....but you dont. All you have to do is stop YOUR country funding them.....BUT YOU DONT.

WHY??? if you care so much you are willing to insult people of a differing viewpoint, why the hell are you not doing something about it, the problem lies with the US, usually does these days.

STOP HATING THE JEWS AND START HATING THE REAL CULPRITS.....US Govt.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Bassago
The main issue I can see is Palestinian hatred of Jews and Israels consistent squeeze and confiscation of Palestinian lands. If Israel would have stayed with the original agreements and borders things may not have been so bad.

The problem is it is not "Palestinian lands" and the term Palestine is a modern term. If one wanted to actually suggest what land would be Arab Palestine than that land is known today as Jordan, that is somehow magically not Palestinian lands too....Funny how right across the river it is Jordan, but the rest is somehow Palestinian lands because it is in the middle of Israel. Funny how Jordan was created about the same time as Israel, and no one has an issue with that....hmmmm That might be so ,but I don't see Jordanians running around killing women and children,begging for endless financial support,playing a victim card, and calling every one else an animal.They also do not interfere in anybodies affairs ,,not to mention they do not own the entire propaganda machine,,don't you just start me here because I can go on for ever.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Why should any of you care that doesn't have some kind of direct involvement in all this? I would love to see your posts about the 5 million killed in Darfur over the years....crickets....

Spent a lifetime putting people back together in warzones around the world .. I speak out against all the corrupt bastards who profit from bloodshed and misery and dont give a damn about human life.

Now what have you done junior ?

I respect the commitment you have to your profession.

Saying that, I have known a lot of medics and doctors who have become biased for many reasons, most of them have to do with the stress of their position and for the people they help.

If you are speaking about the corrupt bastards who profit from bloodshed and misery, then you are speaking of pretty much every militant group, terrorist group and government in the world, but in this instance your animosity is pointed at Israel? If you had worked on the other side of such situations you would be saying the same thing.

I can relate to and understand your position. In the end it is just human nature, heavily influenced by religion and pride. Every country has committed atrocities, every country will in the future, we cant seem to help ourselves. Until the people who sit back and heart bleed from their armchairs experience first hand what both sides of this situation are going through they will never understand.

edit on 31-7-2014 by kdyam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Also, just to complicate an already complicated situation, Jerusalem hosts the Dome of the Rock - the cradle of muslim, christian and jewish religion and has had many altercations around it. The whole middle east situation is really difficult to understand - personally I think it is fueled on purpose. Religion itself has been a major cause of most wars but few seem to understand the hypocrisy of such a thing. Muslim, Jewish and Christian religions all say they're the only ones any anyone not of their faith is worthless, even expendable depending on how extreme the brainwashing, er, I mean belief ;-)

(post by flice removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: shapur
That might be so ,but I don't see Jordanians running around killing women and children,begging for endless financial support,playing a victim card, and calling every one else an animal.They also do not interfere in anybodies affairs ,,not to mention they do not own the entire propaganda machine,,don't you just start me here because I can go on for ever.

Maybe, because they are a large oil rich country, maybe because they got their butts kicked the last time they attack Israel, maybe because they are Muslin and so all the other Muslin countries do not to want to see them wiped off the map....

Jordan could give up land 5 times the size of Gaza strip right next to Gaza strip without blinking an eye.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Xtrozero

Is that a statement or a question?

Is your post above a statement or question?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pennydrops

That's just the thing…. we don't hate jews, we hate zionists. A group of people much like the muslims who live for jihad. Jews are fine, I have no quarrels with any moderate religious person.

But since we can see how the vast majority of the Israeli jews love their leader and support his ill actions, then they loose their status of being moderate and fall in the category of being extremists.

Thus we don't hate jews, we hate extremist religious people. In this case; zionists...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice

originally posted by: paxnatus
a reply to: Expat888

Okay so thanks for your opinion....Now, where is your proof ya know those things they call facts? Check your emotions... Are we to assume you support state sponsored terrorism.? Ask the people who are there....Yes, murder is taking place and why are you surprised or better yet outraged? When a well defined terrorist group runs a country, do you really think you are gonna get rainbows and lolipops? Or better yet, DEMOCRACY?? it is so sad that the people of Palestine have been taught to hate and continue to teach that hatred to the next generation...but you know what is worse? Someone like you who has the right to to freedom! Freedom to educate yourself and not buy into the propaganda..Freedom to look at the FACTS and not give into your high strung emotions...

Until we are all willing to look at the facts and not convey a knee jerk emotional opinion then we are fueling this conflict and working against peace! I realize we will never have peace in the Middle East but i do not want to bear the burden of perpetually fanning the flames that in the long run will hurt each and every one of us.....

Thanks,
Pax

You didn't provide any facts yourself…. just statements. Anyone can make a statement, but it means nothing if it is not backed up entirely by actions.

1st… lets assume that Israel seized all their attacks on the palestinian civilians. Do you for a second think that the Iron Dome would not continue to destroy 99.8& of the crude Hamas rockets?
Really… in the last 2-3 years, I want YOU to document how many rockets actually got through the Israeli defence system (provided by the US).

Now, that does not make Hamas right in their actions by any means…. it just goes to show, that even though Israel KNOWS it could deter 99.8% of the attacks, and then let the world see how evil Hamas is and that they are enduring and suffering and the UN would curse Hamas instead, then Israel CHOOSES to hammer the # out of a small area of Israel with weaponry far more superior than what Hamas could ever dream of possessing.

Israel is in no real danger…… really, they aren't.

Now to mr Nuttyyahus statements. As I said, statements are nothing without actions. But it's funny how the UN put down that things should be in this and that way in 1967 regarding borders, but regardless of Israeli rethoric, they are stilling pissing all over the 1967 dicissions with their constant settling….. the settlements are a passive aggressive way of attacking and ousting the Palestinian civilians. UN has numerous times said "enough is enough to Israel" but Israel don't give a #.

How do you defend the settlements? What is the justifiable reason that Israel could IGNORE the dicissions of the UN, a council that is the sole reason they "got" Israel in the first place and a council of which they are a member?

Then we have the happy accident where Netanyahu got caught on live mic stating how easy it is to push around the US.

You OP are a prime example of propaganda induced Israeli support. You take words for granted… It appears that because someone says something it means that they stand by it. In politics nothing could be farther from the truth….
They say what you want to hear, so you can feel comfortable believing them.

I don't get my points of view from the media or my own politicians. I don't need ANYONE to tell me what to think or say in regards to the Israeli attrocities. I'm atheist by choice, so religion has no impact on me.

NO… I just need to look at the naked pictures without text to tell, that something is completely wrong down there, and being the bigger one, Israel has the majority of the responsibility.
They pretend to want a two state nation, but if that is what they want, why don't they just liberate the Palestinian civilians and remove Hamas? They could complete the job in a couple of days… no instead they are pounding the entire area with bombs and artillery careless about who they murder in the process.

They could achieve their goals with a minimum of casualties and that's is not what they are doing.

Let's just take the example of the latest school bombing. The UN warned the Israelis 17 TIMES!! 17…. and also said that they were ALL refugees. The school got bombed anyways.

You can talk all you want about Israels right to defend itself, but two wrongs does NOT make a right… no way.
And unlike Hamas, who are exhausted and deillusionized from 70 years of occupation, Israel has a choice to do this the right way.

But as long as religious stance decides that someone has the right to a certain area of some part of the world (which in fact no one does….. if that was true, the American people should be tried for the ethnic cleansing of the native indians), then the middleeast will be in flames.

I long for a generation of people who can see past the insanities of religion and chooses not to believe the outrageous words of the Talmud or extremist versions of the Quran. A generation that UNDERSTANDS that anyone can live ANYWHERE they want without being procecuted or mistreated.

Netanyahu is a zionist and therefore by nature a racist, since zionism is about race purity rather than integration.

So no… most of us are not blinded by the media. If anything the media is pro-israel more then pro-hamas.

What sets us apart is exactly the opposite; we don't buy into propaganda at all.
The same goes for our view on the US. Kerry pretending to want peace… Obama condemning and so on. But whos companies are drilling for oil in the Golan heights and who just restocked Israels weapon supplies?

Actions speak louder than words.

Hence Israel and the US has lost the media war thanks to the tireless efforts of common people who uses Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

And yet your reply is made up of comments and no facts of proof.

One rule for you and another rule for others?

If you are a US citizen, you should be ashamed after the millions of lives YOUR country has taken the last few years, Isreals actions pale into insignificance.

If you are not from the US, did you get so passionate when the US was committing genocide on a much larger scale accros many countries...droning still happening today. ARe you as disgusted by this?

People LOVE hating the jews, even before Israel was created, people the world over hated the Jews. This is not about Israel, that is just another excuse to hate the Jews like the Nazis did.

The koran speaks of killing Jews, Judea was already destroyed by the time of its writing.....the Jewish homeland destroyed and yet they still hated the Jews. This we see today is just a continuation of that.

I find it hilarious when Turkeys PM calls them Nazis. They are nothing like. The US govt is closer to that description.
edit on 31-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

This is a futile attempt at pro-Israeli propaganda. Today, the human race has evolved technologically and because of that, we have become more smarter. So much so that most of us now have become wise to the propaganda based lies used to deceive us by trying to convince us that Israels action in Gaza is justified and an act of self-defense.

However, Israel has tanks, planes, bombers, nuclear weapons, Iron Dome, submarines, battleships, drones, satellites, chemical and biological weapons. Therefore they have military supremacy over the helpless Palestinians. So why are they so scared of the old rockets that Hamas fires at them? Even with their Iron Dome and their military supremacy they still need to invade Gaza and kill thousands of civilians?

The reason why Israel continues to commit atrocities is because the USA and NATO nations have no courage to confront it on the international stage. The USA and NATO are parties to this evil and will incur a cosmic ass spanking from the Gods who are probably watching this crisis in Gaza.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Yes... Yes I am. I despise the western imperialisn under the guise of democracy.

What our western governments have done the last 60 years is appalling and frankly Im just waiting to the breaking where the general population has haf enough and picks up their pitchforks. Then Ill happily join then...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
Israel sucks, there is nothing else to add that hasn't been said before.

And you actually received stars for this statement. It goes to show how much hate people have for Israel. Personally I find it sad.

You do realize that when you paint with such broad brush strokes you tend to paint yourself into corners.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: phfaty

This is a futile attempt at pro-Israeli propaganda. Today, the human race has evolved technologically and because of that, we have become more smarter. So much so that most of us now have become wise to the propaganda based lies used to deceive us by trying to convince us that Israels action in Gaza is justified and an act of self-defense.

However, Israel has tanks, planes, bombers, nuclear weapons, Iron Dome, submarines, battleships, drones, satellites, chemical and biological weapons. Therefore they have military supremacy over the helpless Palestinians. So why are they so scared of the old rockets that Hamas fires at them? Even with their Iron Dome and their military supremacy they still need to invade Gaza and kill thousands of civilians?

The reason why Israel continues to commit atrocities is because the USA and NATO nations have no courage to confront it on the international stage. The USA and NATO are parties to this evil and will incur a cosmic ass spanking from the Gods who are probably watching this crisis in Gaza.

Honestly, you talk of propaganda yet do not aknowledge the atrocities committed by BOTH sides. If you take sides....you have fallen for propaganda of some description.

If you ignore the propaganda you will see the evil i8n BOTH sides and not play the blame game.

PropogandA = blame game. You have fallen for it just like those who have an opposing view.

We need to act li8ke adults and stop this stupi8d blame game, be seen to take action as an international community against BOTH sides equally and resolve this asap. Unfortunatley,people like you are justifying Hamas' actions which are killing people too.

PROPOGANDA. ALL OF IT ON BOTH SIDES.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice

Yes... Yes I am. I despise the western imperialisn under the guise of democracy.

What our western governments have done the last 60 years is appalling and frankly Im just waiting to the breaking where the general population has haf enough and picks up their pitchforks. Then Ill happily join then...

I'll join you too.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Expect more vitriol.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I noticed this man back in 1991 in an interview
on sky news with some others when the gulf war
was on... He was loving it !!!!

You need to open YOUR eyes.. and see what is
blatantly obvious.... regardless of what Hamas is or is not.

Israel had been hit by a few scud missiles, the interviewer
was asking what would Israels response have been if the scud missiles had been chemical.

The interviewer suggested the response could be nuclear.

Netanyahu was grinning from ear to ear and laughed " You said it.. not me"

My point... The current prime minister in Israel is an evil man who loves war.

edit on Thu, 31 Jul 2014 02:25:10 -0500252America/ChicagoThursday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join