It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Have Spent Enough Money On A Broken Plane To Buy Every Homeless Person A Mansion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The reality of this is so absurd that we need a country wide discussion as to the direction we, as a society would like to go! I have always been disgusted by the ludicrous amounts of money we spend on our military, however this takes the cake for it is a single project!

Since they are going to tax us anyways, which income tax being constitutional is debatable, we have a duty to direct which way they spend the money they take from us. There is no excuse to allow our money to be spent on weapons of war when they can be spent on helping all who need help. Which crosses all demographics.

thinkprogress.org...

On any given night in 2013, the Department of Housing and Urban Development concluded, there were an estimated 600,000 homeless Americans living on the streets. Numerous studies, however, have showed that rather than putting money into temporary shelters or incarceration, communities have saved millions of dollars by investing in permanent homes for the homeless. A recent report showed that in one Florida community, it cost taxpayers an estimated $30,000 to take the homeless off the streets through traditional methods, but only around $10,000 per person to give them permanent housing and provide job training and other support. Expanding that concept to the Federal level, even taking into account things like varying real estate prices around the country, it’s possible that $7.4 billion would be more than enough to start a program nationwide. With the full amount spent on the F-35 at its disposal, the U.S. could afford to purchase every person on the streets a $664,000 home.

We have to begin demanding change, that is all that there is too it. Our federal government has been out of control for far too long, it is very clear that our politicians have no interest in standing for the people. They are far too busy enjoying the money they get from whichever corporation you would like to list. This goes far beyond partisan politics, we can see that very clearly and this is a shining example of what I am talking about!

Put simply it our responsibility to keep our government in check, that is all, far too many war crimes have been committed in our names and continue to be done. It is not even worth mention these crimes for they are and have been apparent.

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731pmWednesday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

As a former USAF member, I completely concur - this was, is and will continue to be a waste of money. By the time it becomes IOC (initial operational capability), it will be outdated - actually that's the case for most USAF aircraft, but that's not the point.

Government works at the speed of law, which is the slowest process in human evolution. It is needed, but it is not practical anymore.

I believe a paradigm shift needs to occur on a much grander scale to encourage humans to consider the real world we live in. There are many movements to make this happen, but at the end of the day, I believe it will take a massive catastrophe for humans to be shaken to the core for what they believe - another world war?

I don't think fighting our governments is or will do anything. They are on a programmed path of ruin. It's up to human evolution to move ahead. The thinkers, feelers and shakers need to make it happen without the rule of law.

...and no, I'm not talking about anarchy. That's just another theory of government that works great on paper but not so much in execution.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'd like to know how they are expected to pay for the ongoing costs of said mansions.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

There's a lot more going on with the F35 than the public knows about, and neither does the guy who wrote that article. It's not a piece of junk.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Just imagine how we'd all be living if we didn't have to pay for wars?

Free health care.
Homes for everyone.
Decent education.
Huge amounts of money for sensible research projects.
etc etc

But no, instead we give it all away to the men who make bombs and then we drop them on ourselves.

What a sick world we live in.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Yeah, I think a sensible amount of humility, realism and humor is needed in the world today. But, that doesn't sell, so we get jet planes, bombs, sanctions, borders, law, etc.

Booo!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Free health care.
Homes for everyone.
Decent education.
etc etc

But no, instead we give it all away to the men who make bombs and then we drop them on ourselves.

Welcome to life amongst humans.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I think the bank bailouts if evenly divided would have paid each American citizen $40k.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It's not just the USA that spent money on the F-35. Just about every other country has also chipped in with aircraft purchases in exchange for supplying some component of the plane. In some cases there have been investigations into those politicians.

Some of the money spent on the F-34 does go on salaries for engineer and managers. It almost seems to be the opposite of taxing wealthy areas to provide aid for poor areas.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Free health care.
Homes for everyone.
Decent education.
etc etc

You sound like one of them commie queers. Drop and give me 50, Soldier!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

I think the bank bailouts if evenly divided would have paid each American citizen $40k.

Drug dealers would of become overnight billionaires.

I really think this argument is a bit redundant.
We can't afford not to develop military technology due to the nature of humans. There are a lot of downstream technological advancements that we get as it is though.

Massive cash handouts in it's place? Society imploding in 5...4...3...2....
edit on 30-7-2014 by Collateral because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
What IS THAT about anyway?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr

Thank you for your input!

Sadly I agree, there is no easy way for the paradigm shift to occur. It does appear that we are going to have to experience a third World War. We are incrimentally getting to the point where we will have nothing left to lose except working with each other and our environment!

I am quite thankful to have the beliefs that I do, for if I did not believe that suffering is one of the tools with which our spirit evolves I would not be able to take the world we live in. Also sense of humor which you mentioned in one of your posts is absolutely necessary, for what is funnier than divine beings acting like total morons!
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731pmWednesday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Does this mean we don't have flying saucers?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

There's a lot more going on with the F35 than the public knows about, and neither does the guy who wrote that article. It's not a piece of junk.

That would be fantastic to hear about! What positive uses could the F35 be used for and would they outweigh the other potential uses listed in the article?
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731pmWednesday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Lol do not even get me started on the banks and what we could do with all that monopoly money!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

There are a number of systems that have potential for use in many ways, up to and including faster internet and communications for people all around the world, eventually, improved control systems for air traffic control, and many more.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrflipjr
a reply to: VoidHawk

Yeah, I think a sensible amount of humility, realism and humor is needed in the world today. But, that doesn't sell, so we get jet planes, bombs, sanctions, borders, law, etc.

Booo!

And on top of that nobody really wants a war. Only corrupted high educated sociopaths in army and government do like the sound of war. If we could only omit such people from such positions there is hope for a peaceful and prosperous society.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

No.Thank you for the post.

Yin and Yang lives on....(if I may be so bold!)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thank you for your input Zaphod, those are aspects of improvement I had not focused on, but are absolutely important!

Communication is huge, really it is everything, human innovation never ceases to amaze me and when we collectively work together there is absoutely nothing we can not find solutions for!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join