It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Have Spent Enough Money On A Broken Plane To Buy Every Homeless Person A Mansion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Collateral

What? We can't just sit around a campfire and sing koom ba ya?

Can't we all just get along together? Make love, not war! Nobody can hurt me without my permission, right?

Perhaps if we asked, our enemies would offer peace. Doesn't peace begin with a smile?

Give peace a chance. An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind, right?

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity, no? If everyone demanded peace, instead of another TV, would there be peace?

Whenever you are confronted with an enemy, conquer him with love. Peace comes from within, do not seek it without... without what?

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
— Thomas Jefferson (Letters of Thomas Jefferson)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Within about 10 years or so, long enough for the military to get a couple of generations ahead, then we will probably see communications completely revolutionized. The F-35 goes a huge way towards miniaturizing that, which will probably help to make it happen faster. We will see bandwidth capabilities for the net skyrocket to levels that we have only dreamed of until now.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Take one weapon system, divvy up the money to the people, and it would spur the largest economic growth ever seen.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Fargoth

Ummm...errrr...

...and now for sports! Bob, how' that world series gonna turn out?

(Sponsored by Brawndo: The Thirst Mutilator! It's got what plants crave!)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Building 600,000 mansions might improve the economy by creating jobs. The terrorist in charge just don't want that.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Releasing some of the technologies in the black world would spur a growth that we could only dream of. The problem is that so much of it could be used to do Very Bad Things.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Let's just ignore the part where many, many homeless people don't want to live in houses.

When the government housing for homeless people was offered around my area, the majority knocked it back because they didn't want to live that way. They were simply accustomed to living outdoors.

That's a bit of a Segway, but relevant to the randomness & irrelevance of the thread title.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Yes. Thank you Obama!...and government entitlement programs.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Within about 10 years or so, long enough for the military to get a couple of generations ahead, then we will probably see communications completely revolutionized. The F-35 goes a huge way towards miniaturizing that, which will probably help to make it happen faster. We will see bandwidth capabilities for the net skyrocket to levels that we have only dreamed of until now.

I must admit my ignorance here, I only looked at the F-35 from the usual glasses, that of more absurd military spending! Spending that would be used to continue our aggresive policies throughout the world.

Could you elaborate a little bit as to how the F-35, will lead to better communications? I do realize that with all things there is a positive and a negative side. I do try to be optimistic that being said, we have so much suffering in the world, I would love to believe that it will lead to benefits for people beyond the scope of my military is better than yours, now give me your resources while I give you my version of democracy!
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731pmWednesday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

They say technology is 40 years more advanced than what we currently use, this boggles my mind on what we are truly capable of.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Collateral
Let's just ignore the part where many, many homeless people don't want to live in houses.

When the government housing for homeless people was offered around my area, the majority knocked it back because they didn't want to live that way. They were simply accustomed to living outdoors.

That's a bit of a Segway, but relevant to the randomness & irrelevance of the thread title.

Really! The homeless people did not want housing! I find that hard to believe, really I find that to be unbelievable! And off of this you belive the thread title to be random and irrelevance!?

The thread title is the article title and in the article the author mathematically points out a few different uses of the 1 Trillion dollar price tag that will be reached in a number of years. Each use to the benefit of many, many people. I do not understand how that is random or irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Never mind that all of the money which is, was and will be wasted was basically conjured, pulled out of their asses, and reduced the buying power of every single other person's money in the system.

Gee, no wonder everything is such a mess....

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

There is a No Probability of Intercept datalink on the F-35. It uses a new way of transmitting data that has recently been perfected. It has ridiculously high bandwidth and speed behind it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is also the laser communications system that has been developed primarily for the military. NASA recently sent a probe to the moon, and during the mission, they were able to transmit data at 622Mbps over 239,000 miles.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I don't really care whether you believe it or not. Having spoken to some of them who knocked it back, and listening to why they knocked it back, I am happy to take their word for it, since they are the people in question.

The title, whether article or not, is a use of hyperbole.

It is irrelevant because it is just a random mathematical assumption on a lot of variables to grab people's attention.

A much more realistic, yet less attention grabbing headline was undoubtably overlooked for this hyperbolic nonsense.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I think I see the hyperbole. Yes, to directly correlate the F-35 program to homelessness is a hyperbole, but as a tax paying citizen, I think the distinction is there. To what end is the F-35 beneficial to Americans, and at what cost?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr

In multiple technologies that are being developed for the program that will then be developed for civilian use. Just as the military has always done through the years.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

There's a lot more going on with the F35 than the public knows about, and neither does the guy who wrote that article. It's not a piece of junk.

That would be fantastic to hear about! What positive uses could the F35 be used for and would they outweigh the other potential uses listed in the article?

Defending our country. A whole lot more become homeless when we become weak and are attacked by Russia/China. When other nations stop making weapons I support the US doing so.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Just imagine how we'd all be living if we didn't have to pay for wars?

Free health care.
Homes for everyone.
Decent education.
Huge amounts of money for sensible research projects.
etc etc

But no, instead we give it all away to the men who make bombs and then we drop them on ourselves.

What a sick world we live in.

*That's commie talk! You crazy kids and your anarchist ideals, with your vegan diets and your love of peace. Cut those dreadlocks off and get a job!

*Denotes satirical mockery of prattling right-winger.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr

Undoubtedly, the F35 program has gone way over it's initial budget and timeframe. However, these are common issues in Engineering.

The flow down effects for society come from: job creation, Structural, mechanical, electrical, IT engineering advances that would of not been made otherwise, technology development and enhancement, communication development, export sales, self defence...the list goes on.

People typically take a similar gripe with the NASA budget, not realising how much society has benefited from NASA engineering, research and development.

Now for the homeless...ok, so you can build houses for them instead of doing all the above mentioned... They are still largely unemployed, needing education and medical treatment and will need to be able to make ongoing payments on the properties.
It is such a vague statement as if everyone who lives in a house is happy and healthy.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I understand that aspect of things, defending our country, they spend quite the amount on that quite consistently. Sometimes it goes unaccounted for, a good example being the 2.2 Trillion that vanished right before 9/11

Also, part of defending out country should on some level work towards a less aggressive foreign policy. I do not wish to get into this on this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join