It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mathematicians say it is likely alien probes have reached earth.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bottleslingguy

and those people will also say they perceive God. not in your way but in a way very real to them.

I am actually quite familiar with visions of god among other unearthly things. Those are my experiences and I have quite a few. So I still have no idea how you think that you know what I perceive and believe and experience as real. Obviously you don't so it has to be your imagination.

"you guys" refers to you "zero evidence" people and you are unable to perceive the likelihood that things are very different from what you believe/perceive.

you seem stuck. Its like you have this necessity to project some characteristics on people for thinking a certain way. Probably to protect your own fragile world. I believe plenty of things. Just not imaginary aliens. Your fear is that aliens don't exist in reality so you make up imaginary groups of people and try to come up with some way rationalize how they are wrong or don't think correctly. This group somehow can't perceive correctly.

zero evidence means exactly that. In linear, logical, real thinking, you can't do anything with zero. There may be other ways to understand things but those ways of understanding things have nothing to do with logical processes. You, for instance, keep using real linear terms like likelihood to validate your beliefs but at the same time tell people that they will never understand something for using the same words.

its like you want in on the club but get denied access.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

www.youtube.com...

No no no... ZetaRediculian will appreciate this more:

YouTube

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
here's my problem with you "zero evidence" guys and gals, you say "zero" indicates nothing, null, empty but you fail to realize it still takes up a spot between positive and negative. it is really something isn't it?

a reply to: Ectoplasm8

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

here's my problem with you "zero evidence" guys and gals, you say "zero" indicates nothing, null, empty but you fail to realize it still takes up a spot between positive and negative. it is really something isn't it?

thats actually sort of a point. Zero is a number, null is not. Anyone who works with databases will get what I am talking about. When I say zero, I am strictly talking about the number. In this case (I think) we are talking about the probability of alien probes reaching earth. Probability is calculated from known outcomes observed from sample data. In this case the number totals zero from the sample data. In this case the probability is actually unknown, not zero I believe.

nobody is saying its impossible which is what null would represent to me.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

how probable is it that aliens want to keep us at arm's length so it appears as though they are not here? remember Star Trek? don't get involved with the natives kinda thing

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I'm not sure if aliens have arms

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Ectoplasm8

Zero evidence = Having no measurable quantity of quality physical evidence for alien beings existing or visiting Earth. How is it anymore complicated than that? Using your spin on my definition of zero evidence meaning between negative and positive, how exactly would you arrive at negative evidence of alien beings? For every case of a claimed physical encounter that has no quality physical evidence- a point is taken away? Every time a case is shown to be a hoax- a point is taken away? Every time one of the thousands of claimed sightings a year results in poor quality or no video or photograph evidence at all- a point is taken away? Every day we have no SETI signal- a point is taken away? How is that method beneficial to believers? It still would negate any of this weak evidence.

how probable is it that aliens want to keep us at arm's length so it appears as though they are not here? remember Star Trek? don't get involved with the natives kinda thing

Then you're back to needing to show evidence that intelligent alien life exists in our galaxy or universe in the first place.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I have been thinking about this idea that alien probes have already got to Earth...
What if they got here many thousands of years ago in the form of alien altered bacteria/DNA strands-life was already here,but it was adjusted by this new bacteria/DNA as it incorporated itself into the very code of life itself-the DNA of all life on earth.

Having hijacked a ride on all the species of earth,as a tiny part of DNA,it then needs to "report back"to the origin aliens who created the bacteria.

It does this using quantuum entanglement communication(we know its possible,but aliens may have nailed it millenia ago).
Their DNA "part" of us,and all animals and plants on earth can use quantuum entanglement to download information about earth in real time-no distance issues,back to alien planet HQ.

Maybe we feel or experience this in what humans know as "dreams."

That could explain religion,and that feeling we have that we are all part of something bigger than we can understand.

Anyway,I must go now,and check to see if anyone spiked my coffee with acid.

edit on 19/8/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: hmm

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

Or biological bodies even..

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
I have been thinking about this idea that alien probes have already got to Earth...
What if they got here many thousands of years ago in the form of alien altered bacteria/DNA strands-life was already here,but it was adjusted by this new bacteria/DNA as it incorporated itself into the very code of life itself-the DNA of all life on earth.

Then we'd be able to detect the alteration. There is a whole branch of SETI called "Genetic SETI" for this reason.

There are also some good sci-fi stories along these lines.
edit on 20-8-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

very lame response and you got a star for that? really? Just the same as you're telling me I don't know what you perceive or believe YOU can't do the same for them and tell them that is zero evidence. But like I said you, being a linear thinker, can't go where you have to go to figure this stuff out. So you're best bet is to stick to what you know, perceive and believe and leave the more esoteric stuff to the people who understand it. and respect it for what it is. but I'm sure you'll just continue making fun of them for whatever reason you do it.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

very lame response and you got a star for that? really?

I know, right? The best I could figure is that only one person read that post because there should be about 50 stars. Could be a glitch in the system. Thanks for the star anyway.

Just the same as you're telling me I don't know what you perceive or believe YOU can't do the same for them and tell them that is zero evidence.

Sure I can. Who is "them"? If someone tells me a story about their alien contact, I am not obligated to believe them. It is up to the person that experienced whatever they experienced to figure it out for themselves. I have no idea what someone else experienced or why the came to believe something. All I can do is relate their experience to my own and make what I can out of it.

So the conflict occurs when someone forces their personal experience/beliefs as reality into someone else's personal beliefs. I have sleep paralysis on occasion. People have tried to tell me that I was being psychically attacked while I was having this. Based on my beliefs and experience, I have a sleep disorder. Likewise, people tell their stories about how they were contacted by aliens at night while sleeping. A lot of the times the stories sound very similar to what I experience during sleep paralysis. I can suggest that it might be sleep paralysis. Maybe they never heard of it. But really its up to them to figure it out.

Its not evidence of anything other than what someone believes. There is a big difference between personal subjective experience and real tangible evidence.

But like I said you, being a linear thinker, can't go where you have to go to figure this stuff out. So you're best bet is to stick to what you know, perceive and believe and leave the more esoteric stuff to the people who understand it.

Oh, OK. The part you are missing is that I know how to separate quantifiable reality from my personal reality. I have come to believe in a lot of things that are based entirely on subjective experience. I don't expect others to accept those beliefs as facts. People like yourself insist that aliens are a part of this quantifiable linear reality. So far, they are not. You want it both ways. The thread topic is "mathematics" in which case aliens = zero. This not the "Esoteric knowledge of aliens thread". If you can separate those, the discussions would be a lot less circular.

and respect it for what it is. but I'm sure you'll just continue making fun of them for whatever reason you do it.

who am I making fun of? People that want to shove their belief in aliens into everyone else's reality and that are highly critical of others that don't believe the same way they do? maybe. or People that truly want to understand their own experiences and understand things objectively? no, not them.

edit on 20-8-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

and continues being extremely lame. "sure I can" lol

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Then we'd be able to detect the alteration. There is a whole branch of SETI called "Genetic SETI" for this reason.

There are also some good sci-fi stories along these lines.

so you're saying we completely understand our dna? why do we have "junk dna"? why don't humans have a natural niche on this planet? Even with all the "advancements" we've made in our understanding, we're finding the missing link is getting even more elusive. People are only going to be able to deny the idea of directed panspermia for so long and then the only holdouts will be the linear thinkers who are destined to go the way of the Neanderthals.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

and continues being extremely lame. "sure I can" lol

I absolutely can and I explained why in detail. Which part do you disagree with? If you want to be taken seriously, you might want to try making coherent sentences instead of your usual. Seriously, try to have an actual discussion for once and see how it goes.
edit on 21-8-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

a serious discussion with you???? lol

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

If you noticed, my posts are more than one line and actually explain my points. Is that an issue?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

very lame response and you got a star for that? really?

I agree.

The post he responded to, concerniong your highly erudite theory that stems from a campy 1960's television space western, was oh-so-much more nuanced!

I bet Roddenberry stole the idea from you!

Harte
edit on 8/21/2014 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Remember how in Star Trek all of the various alien species had a hard time agreeing on things? Okay, so some of the aliens might have that rule, but how many? Where are all the aliens who could care less about a Prime Directive? They can't all agree on it.

edit on 21-8-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join