It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mathematicians say it is likely alien probes have reached earth.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Can anyone right know present indisputable peer reviewed evidence that ET intelligences do NOT or cannot exist and are not well beyond our current scientific understanding and cannot posses the technologies needed to not only get here but to a greater extent remain in the shadows of doubt about their existence,(UFO REPORTS), and who also hold the intelligence not to reveal themselves to us from a non contact and purely OBSERVATIONAL agenda.

Simple answer is no one at present can offer that evidence just like those who believe in such ET intelligences cannot offer such evidence that favours their beliefs. There is one glaring and indisputable evidence though and that evidence manifests in the form of the "POSSIBLE" , for until a possible can be proved impossible it remains a POSSIBILITY. My primary point is that the ET possibility of advanced ET intelligences engaging in a observational agenda of us through history or before history records began remains so out of the simple deduction of the term POSSIBLE POSSIBILITY UNTIL PROVEN IMPOSSIBLE.

At present those claiming a non possibility of such ET intelligences engaging in a highly advanced stealth operational observational agenda have not presented to date any evidence or indisputable peer reviewed evidence that such ET intelligences CANNOT exist or are engaging in such agendas.
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: K-PAX-PROT
Can anyone right know present indisputable peer reviewed evidence that ET intelligences do NOT or cannot exist and are not well beyond our current scientific understanding...

No. It's impossible to prove a negative. I also can't prove that monkeys won't fly out of my butt at some point in the near future.

edit on 7-8-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: donhuangenaro
if alien probes did get here, I believe aliens that sent them would be flabbergasted by the amount of stupidity on this planet...

Yes, well, that's not an original, imaginative or particularly clever thought. Whenever somebody says something like this, I kind of feel sorry for them, because either they think they're smarter than most people on the planet, or they're oddly self-loathing. I think it's weird either way.

True, our intelligence is limited, and possibly hampered by our animal natures, but we have accomplished some really remarkable things that an alien might be very interested in.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

my point being is that it is a perfectly valid notion to believe we are alone. The difficulty that I would have is if someone rejected the idea that we may not be alone and based that belief on religious ideas or thinking that we know enough.

I personally cannot see how a belief that we're alone can stand since I would not know WHY life would only have evolved here and not on potentially millions/billions of planets which could *well have* all the (almost) same criteria like we have here.

Even if it takes a multitude of very specific and fine-tuned factors to enable life, there is no reason to believe that such a place doesn't also exist elsewhere in the universe. (Why should things have happened here, and ONLY here?)

The idea that from billions of stars with x-billions of planets life evolved only here...is rather absurd.
I understand that science may say intelligent life on other planets may be VERY rare, very well possible. But I cannot see a SCIENTIFIC explanation/theory which would convince that we're possibly/likely alone. If such theories exist I would like to know them, what their reasoning may be.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
The idea that from billions of stars with x-billions of planets life evolved only here...is rather absurd.

Well, there are singular things in the universe. And since we have no idea how non-living material on Earth magically formed itself into something with a point-of-view, we really can't say that the more planets we have the better odds we have of something similar happening. So far, the hard evidence indicates that we are the only game in town. That could change tomorrow. Or not.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed

Well, there are singular things in the universe. And since we have no idea how non-living material on Earth magically formed itself into something with a point-of-view, we really can't say that the more planets we have the better odds we have of something similar happening. So far, the hard evidence indicates that we are the only game in town. That could change tomorrow. Or not.
I am really tired so I will go with your response

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
One of the first things that came to mind while reading through this thread.

Ya just never know....

The Black Knight! - or maybe the Blue Knight. Sometime into its 10,000 year expedition to earth.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

www.amazon.com...

I'll repeat what I have said many times before on the possibility vs. probability of the existance of intelligent alien life. Only one life form in 4+ billion years and billions of different species, has evolved high intelligence. One.. that's it. Meaning, there's a 99.99% (probability) chance that an Earth-like planet will contain basic life that has the sole purpose to survive and procreate. There's a 0.01% (possibility) chance that an intelligent species will evolve. In order for anyone to realistically argue the probability that intelligent alien life is common, you have to get over this huge stumbling block of our own example showing that high intelligence is not common. It's possible, but extremely rare. If in fact high intelligence was as easy and probable as this argument tries to make it out to be, it would have evolved many times on Earth. It did not.

As it's already been pointed out... Speak in terms of possibilities not probabilities.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Why would they even want to?

There resources in between us any any other star thats probable to have life, since we know most planets are barren, that makes for some serious distance away.

Are they just looking for other creatures to kill? what for? To find to simply meet?

Those probes if possible or created would also need to be sending signals of some sort back to the home planet and then that home planet would need to send out somthing to go and do whatever it was they wanted to do. Thats a long time for any civilization to last (going by our own example).

Lasting 10 million years with all the dangerous stuff space has to offer, is a long time with no incidents.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Intelligent life is prevalent and there is only about 160 species on Earth and we are very unique compared to them because of our emotions and creativity, all our entertainment such as movies, music, tv has never been seen before out of any universe or in other dimensions. a reply to: smithjustinb

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
alien probes did arrive but I threw them all away. the perverts!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerrysummers22
Intelligent life is prevalent and there is only about 160 species on Earth and we are very unique compared to them because of our emotions and creativity, all our entertainment such as movies, music, tv has never been seen before out of any universe or in other dimensions. a reply to: smithjustinb

You don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I know what it means you moron. I used it to describe his view of the human race as being the only one in existence.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

how in the world can you say something is extremely rare as if we know all the examples? considering the amount of Earthlike planets out there I'd say it is highly likely there are at least several thousand distinct species of sentient beings. The universe is most likely teeming with it.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bottleslingguy

how in the world can you say something is extremely rare as if we know all the examples?

good point but the examples or sample he used was intelligent life on earth.

the amount of Earthlike planets out there I'd say it is highly likely there are at least several thousand distinct species of sentient beings. The universe is most likely teeming with it.
how in the world can you say something is highly likely when every sample we have contains no evidence of life outside our planet? Its only possible not likely or probable. It only seems likely but mathematically it can't be done since you will have divide by zero.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: bottleslingguy

when every sample we have contains no evidence of life outside our planet?

according to whom ?

also,
look into panspermia.
edit on 12-8-2014 by krash661 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I would look on the moon and in the orbit of the sun for probes. It would make sense that they might put probes around our sun for Energy for the probe itself.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
I would look on the moon and in the orbit of the sun for probes. It would make sense that they might put probes around our sun for Energy for the probe itself.

The moon is looking pretty amazing at the moment.

Closest it gets in a cycle of the sun, literally couldn't get closer brighter than it is right now

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

well I'd say if we have this one example of us "coming from the slime" but haven't yet sampled even one gazillionth% of the potential life supporting planets out there one could extrapolate if it happened here it more than likely happened somewhere else and has had time to advance to the point where they would have come across at least a few other habitable planets. Look at our propensity to explore outer space- why are we the only ones who can do that? (ergo my solipsististic comment to Occamsrazor) You guys are just being the half-empty crowd. It's silly, it's like closing your eyes so you don't see the boogey man and that makes him go away.

OMG I know what the problem is- you guys are using linear-math lol
edit on 12-8-2014 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
theres an actual equation referred to as the drake equation
N = R^* [multiply] f_p [multiply] n_e [multiply] f_l [multiply] f_i [multiply] f_c [multiply] L

N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy that may be communicating
R* = the average rate of star formation per year in our galaxy
fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets
ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
fl = the fraction of the above where life independently evolves
fi = the fraction of those where life develops intelligence
fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that can be detected
L = the length of time such civilizations release detectable signals into space

also,
it would be nice if this site had calculus/mathematics software.

new topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join