It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mathematicians say it is likely alien probes have reached earth.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

look back at your posts mate, you did not know what i was talking about before something like an "evil twin"

you asked for facts for my statement,well there it is.
edit on 1-8-2014 by ben555 because: your

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ben555
a reply to: JadeStar

i have seen that theory about the asteroids that might contain DNA in a documentary called "star jelly" i think.

Right, the Panspermia theory.

It goes in and out of favor over time but it's been around for quite awhile.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

logic is math that uses equations.

Find a source for that beside yourself.

www.cs.fsu.edu...

i provided links stating that logic is a branch of math. This link shows how to write an equation from a truth table.
logical statements are evaluated by using a truth table.

can you use your words as to why you disagree
edit on 1-8-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
Drake equation is so annoying !
Might as well just guess without the bs !
Hate that equation !

Do you hate it because:

1) You hate math?
2) You don't understand it?
3) You don't understand what it's purpose actually is?

I can help.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
You don't understand what you are seeing.

Logic doesn't come from equations.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ben555
look back at your posts mate, you did not know what i was talking about before something like an "evil twin"
you asked for facts for my statement,well there it is.

look dude I still have no idea what you're talking about. Apparently you read into something I posted. Apparently I am doing research? Do you think I'm a witch or something

looking at your post history, that was the last thread you posted in before this one. And you came into that thread to target me, call me names, and bully me. You are showing a pattern. got it.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You don't understand what you are seeing.
Logic doesn't come from equations.

source or put a little more effort into it. Thanks

and thats not what I said anyway. What is it? Troll day or somethi

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

Hate that equation !

Do you hate it because:

1) You hate math?

I can help.

I just think it's just too open to interpretation and the numbers are just so expansive that it will never have an define answer !
Or even close !

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The Crux of the debate is this:

You either think that we're unique and operate under that assumption or
You think that life is not unique and operate under the opposite assumption...

I agree that there is only evidence to support our uniqueness but that doesn't negate the other hypothesis.

remember that a hypothesis is an idea or theory that is not proven but that leads to further study or discussion.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

now i am here reading alot. i logged on for nothing to do with you. please read back.

you were the one who pulled me up about the word "logic" and how i used it. again read back on this thread.

i used the term research because as someone with an interest in "why people believe in alien civilizations are visiting earth" does not want to accept any answer because there are no facts.

people come to a UFO and alien forum to discuss ideas and theorys and believe many different things to you. so why the need to come here and keep saying this is not a fact? we dont need you making people un-comfortable because we choose to believe something different from you.

no one has to explain there reasons for any kind of belief to you.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: ben555

for me equations dont mean much to me. dont really understand them. common sense says it is full of life,simple.i dont need a PHD to use logic.

I think what you really mean is that you believe. For me, when I look up at the clear sky at night, that is all it takes. Its not logic. Logic IS an equation BTW.

because a made a comment in my post above yours saying

ross,zeta

for me equations dont mean much to me. dont really understand them. common sense says it is full of life,simple.i dont need a PHD to use logic.

being such a close minded person unable to think outside the box is a waste of the human brain(not aimed at zeta&ross)

You had to add the part

Its not logic. Logic IS an equation BTW.
trying to be smart because of a general comment i made.

look at my posts then yours.

my evidence of trolling is above!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
The Crux of the debate is this:
You either think that we're unique and operate under that assumption or
You think that life is not unique and operate under the opposite assumption...

I think both are valid assumptions or beliefs considering that it is truly unknown.

I agree that there is only evidence to support our uniqueness but that doesn't negate the other hypothesis.

true that. We live in exciting times. I think it makes it more exciting when you look at things in a real way.

remember that a hypothesis is an idea or theory that is not proven but that leads to further study or discussion.

absolutely.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

Hate that equation !

Do you hate it because:

1) You hate math?

I can help.

I just think it's just too open to interpretation and the numbers are just so expansive that it will never have an define answer !
Or even close !

Actually we do have solid numbers for the first few variables. You'll find them in green in the infographic below.

I've added to this infographic so you can see what we know, how we learned what we know, what we don't know and what we plan to build to learn more:

Click infographic for full resolution

There will probably be a good answer to all the factors except L the length of time a technological civilization exists if we keep doing what we've been doing: plugging away at learning each individual variable through observation and experiment.

It's not a philosophical question anymore, it's a scientific problem which can be addressed with current and future technology.
edit on 1-8-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Yes, you took what I said out of context.

For me, when I look up at the clear sky at night, that is all it takes. Its not logic.

yes, for me, its not a belief based on logic. For you it is I guess. Instead of attacking me, could you share your logic? I am researching peoples beliefs and stuff. Its not all about me and how I annoy you.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

I've added to this infographic so you can see what we know, how we learned what we know, what we don't know and what we plan to build to learn more:

if it makes you feel better, I have learned a lot from your posts.

I really think this is the first time I have seen the Drake equation as having some facts behind it.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

no i did not take it out of context. you said

I think what you really mean is that you believe. For me, when I look up at the clear sky at night, that is all it takes. Its not logic. Logic IS an equation BTW

this was your comment about logic. you had to bring up that point because of my comment not directed at you,taking up pages about the definition of logic. you made the snide comment to me after my general post,so im attacking you?
re-read the thread we are on.

Now you say you are doing research into peoples beliefs after you had said...

For me, when I look up at the clear sky at night, that is all it takes" why are you here then?

"I am saying that I believe that intelligent life exists in the universe as do many others. I don't understand your question."

are you still following up on "why people who see UFOs think their aliens?" idea? how is your research going??

"I honestly have no idea what you are referring to. Could be any of the 5000 straw man arguments made against me to attack my personal beliefs. Research?"

Now you had no idea what i was referring to saying- "5000 straw man arguments made against me to attack my personal beliefs.Reaearch?"

now you ARE conducting research, lol

your credibility as a de-bunker/skeptic has gone way down. making stuff up and cant even remember what has been said in your own posts. oh dear.

edit on 1-8-2014 by ben555 because: of

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

your credibility as a de-bunker/skeptic has gone way down

Good. Because I am neither. I am a Super Genius!

enough about me. What logic did you use to arrive at your current beliefs?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

read my above post. thank you

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLawOfOne
a reply to: Totemic

According to the Sumerians legends. The annunaki found our planet via a probe and found out that our planet had a lot of gold and this was thousands of years ago. They came here and made us dig gold for them. The annunaki quickly found out we were lazy workers, so they genetically altered us to be better gold diggers. I've always wondered why ancient man was so good at finding and extracting gold from the planet. They were gold mining before the wheel was invented. Even the egyptians had the most gold in ancient times and they lived in the freaking desert.

No "Sumerian legend" has ever been found that says anything like that.

harte

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Math uses logic, logic isn't math.

logic is math that uses equations. If you state that you use logic, and not equations, you are not using logic.

Now I understand the UFO guys...

All logic can be expressed mathematically using symbolic symbols.

What's being misused here is the term "equation." That word implies an "equals" sign in a mathematical expression.
"Equals" signs are not part of symbolic logic.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join