It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.: Satellite Imagery Shows Russians Shelling Eastern Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It seems like US with allies supported by propaganda machinery AKA corporate owned media have decided to go all the way on Russia.

I'm afraid they will push on Russia as long as it takes for Russia to react; I'm afraid that is their goal...

Let us hope the tense information stand off will not lead to a World War but to be honest that was my first thought when I saw this (once again) type of accusations from the US and many if not all media parroting the official line even using exactly same title...

It is interesting that despite the claim in the title: "imagery shows" you can read in these articles that "they say offer proof", "DNI claims", "is said to show"...

So if this is 100% reliable evidence why the reports don't just say that "it shows" Russians shelling Ukraine and that it is a proof of Russian involvement.???

I guess because it isn't and it is just one more propaganda bit that relies on ignorance of average citizen...

U.S. officials released satellite images Sunday they say offer proof that Russian forces have been shelling eastern Ukraine in a campaign to assist rebel groups fighting Ukraine’s government in Kiev.

One image dated July 25/26 shows what DNI claims is “ground scarring” on the Russian side of the border from artillery...

A slide from a day earlier is said to show self-propelled artillery on the Russian side of the border oriented toward Ukraine...

U.S.: Satellite Imagery Shows Russians Shelling Eastern Ukraine

same here:

The U.S. State Department has released satellite images it says back up the assertion by Washington and Kiev that Russian forces are firing artillery into eastern Ukraine in support of separatists.

According to The Associated Press, they claim to show multiple rocket launchers fired at Ukrainian forces from within Ukraine and from Russian soil.

U.S.: Satellite Images Show Russian Rockets Hitting Ukraine
edit on 27America/Chicago07u45 by demus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
and there is more:

This fourth page of a four page document released by the U.S. State Department in Washington, July 27, 2014 shows a satellite image that purports to shows ground scarring at two multiple rocket launch sites oriented in the direction of Ukraine military units.

Stepping up pressure on Moscow, the U.S. on Sunday released satellite images it says show that rockets have been fired from Russia into neighboring eastern Ukraine and that heavy artillery for separatists also has crossed the border.

The four-page memo is part of the Obama administration's push to hold Russia accountable for its activities in neighboring Ukraine and the release could help to persuade the United States' European allies to apply harsher sanctions on Russia.

The U.S. images claim to show multiple rocket launchers fired at Ukrainian forces from within Ukraine and from Russian soil.

US: Satellite images show Russia has fired rockets into Ukraine

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: demus
It seems like US with allies supported by propaganda machinery AKA corporate owned media have decided to go all the way on Russia.

Yes so often the media is crappy, but let's face it, this time around all they have is a couple of slides, and an accompanying official statement.
You could ponder on why, the same official sources could not pin down the Russian rebel fighters with a BUK as the shooters of MH17 in the first instance, but just maybe, with a tidbit like this, instil in the public mind that, Hey! maybe it was the Russian army itself.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
this is completely crazy war-mongering and brainwashing...

have released satellite images they say show that Russia has fired rockets against Ukrainian forces in the last week, in support of separatist rebels.

The images, which were prepared by the Director of National Intelligence and forwarded to reporters by the State Department, show what the U.S. government says are multiple rocket launchers and self-propelled howitzers on Russian territory.

and what Washington says is Russian-supplied heavy weaponry being fired by separatists from within Ukraine between July 21 and July 26.

US: Images Prove Russia Fired Rockets into Ukraine

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't know about you but I am choosing not to trust "the officials"; "the Washington".

based on my past experiences chances are that not only that they are probably wrong in their assertions but that they are intentionally deceiving the public...

you be the judge I will wait for proofs.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
DNI is Director of National Intelligence. All US intelligence agencies are coordinated through him.

The images provided are from US satellites.

People have been complaining about the US making claims and not supporting it. Now that they provided the evidence those very people now dismiss it.

Have you ever considered Russia might be lying about their involvement and whats going on in Ukraine? The evidence to date strongly suggests that.
edit on 27-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Have you ever considered Russia might be lying about their involvement and whats going on in Ukraine? The evidence to date strongly suggests that.

No, because to date there is no direct evidence. Show me forensics. A biot of rocket or shell fragment with date code and mil lot # would do nicely.

Do you remember the Syrian rebels fake shelling Turkey, blaming the Syrian government?

Of courrrrse you don't.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
how long did I have wait to see the edited 5 frames @ the pentagon?

why click a source if it ain't comprised in a timely manner?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Deutche Welle has gone easier with the title - being closer to the truth...

I don't want and will not accept "alleged proof"...

US officials have released images which allegedly show Russia firing on Ukraine.

Early reports indicated that a total of four pictures were released. They allegedly depicted an area close to the two countries' shared border.

The images released on Sunday reportedly show Russian batteries located within its own territory and impact craters across the border in eastern Ukraine.

US officials release alleged proof of Russia firing into Ukraine

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

No, because to date there is no direct evidence. Show me forensics. A biot of rocket or shell fragment with date code and mil lot # would do nicely.

Do you remember the Syrian rebels fake shelling Turkey, blaming the Syrian government?

Of courrrrse you don't.

The evidence is in the satellite images.

People demanded the US show its evidence and it did.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

Just like the Russian press conference suggesting an SU 25 shot the jetliner down, even though they never stated it did?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Nice work OP. While the US state dept reps claim "secret information" and other long focal length photos from space, RT looks a little closer to home.

Yah naysayers say, its RT. Decide for yourselves who's more credible, the US or Russia.

Inspection teams find no violations from the Russian side

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: demus
I don't know about you but I am choosing not to trust "the officials"; "the Washington".

based on my past experiences chances are that not only that they are probably wrong in their assertions but that they are intentionally deceiving the public...

you be the judge I will wait for proofs.

I have to agree with you. Looking at the photo's earlier gave me a distinct feeling of deja vue ala Saddam Hussein WMD style. And these were not even government satellite photos.

the US. Office of the Director of National Intelligence released satellite images taken by the private civilian company Digital Globe (and thus not government sourced)
Link

So what's the deal here? We had a military satellite over this very area when the plane went down. Why not let us see those pictures?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Wow.... lots of fluff and no evidence to support the Russian claim.

the guys comments are non specific. They did not provide any details so their claims of the inspections can be verified.

This is similar to Russia massing 40k troops on Ukraines border. Russia kept lying by stating they were never there. Only to have Russia claim later that they were withdrawing their troops from the border.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Of courrrrse you don't.

if it is evidence than why nobody (except US officials) dares to say it is evidence?

are they afraid of "evil overlord Putin"?

or "maybe" there is no evidence but just (again) allegations...

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Or maybe Putin is lying.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Has there been a statement from the US on having a satellite over the area when the jet was shot down? I ask because the only place I have seen that claim was from an RT article.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I see what you're trying to do... Why You Mention Putin?

who released satellite images?

who is making allegations?

I am only saying that there is "alleged proof" and I am not willing to put my trust in "alleged proof"...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Bassago

Has there been a statement from the US on having a satellite over the area when the jet was shot down? I ask because the only place I have seen that claim was from an RT article.

there were "alleged statements"...

US Air Force monitoring satellites probably spotted the activation of a telltale missile radar signal in eastern Ukraine – quickly followed by the infrared signature of a midair explosion.

A U.S. satellite over Ukraine picked up on the heat of the missile, experts said.

and it is not from RT but from Daily News and New Scientist, you are welcomed to check.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Of courrrrse you don't.

Nice pictures. They don't show much. First of all the link in the OP (Time Magazine) states:

Satellite imagery shows evidence of Russian artillery attacks against the Ukrainian military, U.S. officials say

Have we gone beyond "official sources say" and "experts agree" in the main stream? Lucky us.

The top pic in the Time link shows a "Russian Battery" pointed at Ukraine, but I see the barrels are down and locked… not firing. My lying eyes. Yes the Russians are there, at least the photo made that clear.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join