It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.: Satellite Imagery Shows Russians Shelling Eastern Ukraine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

Just pointing out the issue of people accepting Russia's "possibilities" while ignoring others "possibilities".

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The images also contradict Russian accounts that they dont have troops on the border of Ukraine.

Like I said, you guys demanded the US to show its evidence and it did. As always people are free to ignore / accept the info.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Just pointing out the issue of people accepting Russia's "possibilities" while ignoring others "possibilities".

we are not talking about possibilities.

we are talking about difference between a proof and "officials say" "allegedly" "Washington claims" "experts agree" "says to show" "allegedly shows" "alleged proof"!

I don't know who writes those fake reports for them but it's really started to back fire because they are going beyond the point of ridiculousness and really, there is a limited number of time you can use same old stupid story...

I am not buying it.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Heres a link to one of the photos purporting Russian fire into Ukraine. Is it just me? Look right of center at the border marked in yellow "Russia" and "Ukraine". The firing positions and impact sites appear to both be inside Ukraine…

Photo

Naaah, it can't be that erroneous of a claim, can it?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I've seen so many back and forth articles on this I don't really remember who said this other than it supposed coincided with some of the NATO maneuvers going on. Taking a look now.

Here's what I found on a quick search.

Fleets of the spying satellites, called measurement and signature intelligence, or MASINT, orbit the Earth to track electronic signals.

That means they picked up the heat of the missile launch when it shot 33,000 feet up and struck the Boeing 777. "They would have known exactly where it was launched, where it was headed, and the rate at which it was traveling," Riki Ellison, founder of the Missile Defense Advocacy Alliance, told the Los Angeles Times.

The U.S. also operates the Space Based Infrared (SBIR) satellite system, which picks up on missiles plumes with ultra-sophisticated sensors. The technology is so sensitive it can pick up on small arms fire, NBC News explained.
NY Daily News..

Pretty sure we were watching.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Pretty sure we were watching.

If not giving direct targeting intel.

I'd like to see some evidence of shell holes on the eastern walls of buildings (fire from the east), that would point to who is firing on whom as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
let us see what the Washington Post says about "evidence":

overhead surveillance images it said were evidence that Russia has fired artillery rounds from its side of the border against Ukrainian military units.

The grainy photographs, taken between Wednesday and Saturday, are labeled as indicating fire from multiple rocket launchers...

The Pentagon and State Department first accused Russian artillery of firing directly into Ukraine on Thursday. The charges were repeated Friday, although no evidence was offered.

The most recent photograph, taken Saturday, shows what is described as “blast marks” from rocket launcher fire on the Russian side of the border, and “impact craters” inside Ukraine.

A photograph labeled as taken Wednesday shows a row of vehicles described as “self-propelled artillery only found in Russian military units, on the Russian side of the border, oriented in the direction of a Ukrainian military unit within Ukraine.”

U.S. releases images it says show Russia has fired artillery over border into Ukraine

anybody see a pattern here?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Looking at the photo you really can't see much. I totally believe that all are involved in this. No one is innocent. The question really is here ' who started it'? And on that one I really do believe it was us. Thanks to the NGO's with George Soros behind them, they have been pumping money into other countries to disrupt their governments.

Does Russia lie? Yep, pretty sure they do just like us.

So what about the 'evidence' in these photos?
Well you have to remember that Colin Powell went to the UN with a vial that was supposed to cement the reasons for going into Iraq again and that turned out to be proof of nothing.

I at this time in my life,find it hard to believe ANYTHING the US government has to say when it comes to our war mongering. I take so called evidence with a grain of salt. Trust me,I don't believe other countries either. But I'm sure not going to believe a country that has lied over and over again and used false flags to make money off the blood of our young people. I can not support that. Our representatives have proved without a doubt,they are nothing but leaches for a profit. These things are not done to instill democracy. They never were. We have disrupted democratic governments as well as others. I really believe that this fear of Russia is what is driving all this rhetoric. We are determined to keep Russia down and under our thumb because those ole commies are still lurking about! OMG, if they should ever become equal to us again! Lions and tigers and bears! Oh my! We need to get over all this. We DON'T own the world nor should we. We are but one country in a world full of countries. We need to live and let live.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Heres a link to one of the photos purporting Russian fire into Ukraine. Is it just me? Look right of center at the border marked in yellow "Russia" and "Ukraine". The firing positions and impact sites appear to both be inside Ukraine…

Photo

Naaah, it can't be that erroneous of a claim, can it?

you are not the first one to notice that, I already saw comments on multiple sites about that photo.

it shows one thing and "the explanation" says it shows another.

I guess that is the reason why each and every news report on this satellite imagery is talking about "alleged proof"...
edit on 27America/Chicago07u24 by demus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
just let them play thy didnnt whine when the US invaded Iraq

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I guess there is nobody in any other country in Europe, that can verify this. they are all kicking back and enjoying their life. maybe it will take missiles being fired into Poland or Germany before anyone blames Russia. maybe Israel can show them how to handle this type of attack, they don't screw around.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The images also contradict Russian accounts that they don't have troops on the border of Ukraine.

We guard our borders well, too. Even more so if war was raging on the other side.

Can't fault them for "pivoting" now, can we?

Off topic about troops massing. This thread is about the Russians actually shooting into Ukraine, which they ain't.

Done here.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

The images provided are from US satellites.

Which satellite/s are those?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
And when Russian satellites showed that the Libya narrative was a fabricated lie, the USG and the world just ignored it. It was brushed off as Russian propaganda and fabricated images but now I am supposed to believe the US would not fabricate images....

what kind of stupid game are we playing here?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Have you ever considered Russia might be lying about their involvement and whats going on in Ukraine? The evidence to date strongly suggests that.

A bit puzzled as to what you mean here, you use [AND] Are you talking about two separate things? Do you mean MH17, AND throwing stones over the border?
edit on 27-7-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So they have satellite imagery of this, but none of mh17? Right....

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Just like the Russian press conference suggesting an SU 25 shot the jetliner down, even though they never stated it did?

But the US did say categorically that MH17 was shot down from a missile fired from the Ukraine, East Ukraine to be precise. Howeveeerrrr...another biggy, they now say there is no evidence that it was the rebels.

Thing is, you should never have mentioned MH17 on this thread whatsoever, once I brought it up speculatively.
You can blame John Kerry for the gaff, To add, cut to 1.20 to avoid the Hors d'oeuvres.

edit on 27-7-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The US is trying to force Russia to either admit or deny what they have been up to. Russia so far has been kind of vague and suggesting other possibilities but, never being definative. They do not want to be pinned down like they were with the missles in Cuba when the US got them to deny and then laid the photos out making the Russians cringe. Russia says they have no proof we did anything not that we are saying we did not. So the US drops a little to see if the Russians then officialy deny so they can be cornered and dropped on again. Putin has no idea what do now. Everything has gone wrong. Russias economy has proven even more fragile then people feared, most of Russias few friends in the world have not even pretended to believe anything the Russians are trying to sell, Russias rating in the world are have hit rock bottom, the rebels in Ukraine have failed to rally popular support among the locals and thus are getting a bad beating from Ukrainse motely forces and on top of all that Russia has the US building up evidence on the flight shoot down, on the shelling, and weapons tranfers that they could drop at anytime. Things are so bad that they just raised interest rates even though that slows any chance at economic growth because they are worried about another mass of cash leaving the countrie in the next round of santions. Putin has to find away to get Ukraine to the table without looking like he is ready to deal just because his position has become so weak. If the US and West want to be jackholes this is going to be a very hard time for Russia to save face.
edit on 27-7-2014 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Bassago

Has there been a statement from the US on having a satellite over the area when the jet was shot down? I ask because the only place I have seen that claim was from an RT article.

Yup! see above.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
The US is trying to force Russia to either admit or deny what they have been up to. Russia so far has been kind of vague and suggesting other possibilities but, never being definative. They do not want to be pinned down like they were with the missles in Cuba when the US got them to deny and then laid the photos out making the Russians cringe. Russia says they have no proof we did anything not that we are saying we did not. So the US drops a little to see if the Russians then officialy deny so they can be cornered and dropped on again. Putin has no idea what do now. Everything has gone wrong. Russia economy has proven even more fragile then people feared, most of Russia few friends in the world have not even pretended to believe anything coming the Russians are trying to sell, Russias rating the world are have hit rock bottom, the rebels in Ukraine have failed to rally popular support among the locals and thus are getting a bad beating from Ukrainse motly forces and on top of all that Russia has the US building up evidence on the flight shoot down, on the shelling, and weapons tranfers that they could drop at anytime. Things are so bad that they just raider interest rates even though that slows any chance at economic growth becuase they are worried about another mass of cash leaving the countries in the next round of santions. Putin has to find away to get Ukraine to the table without looking like he is ready to deal just because his position has become so weak. If the US and West want to jackholes this is going to be a very hard time for Russia to save face.

could you repeat that please.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join