It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Town Rallies to Support Man Convicted of the Super Aggravated Sexual Assault of a 4 yr old Boy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: crawley

No. I'm saying that they get too many wrong.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Just seems to me that to a 19 year old there isnt much difference between 25 and 40 years. Coupled with the fact that even when released he has 20 more years of registering, even that life is basically forfeit. Especially for a young man on top of the world. What innocent person would accept those results? Even a public defender would be preferable to simply accepting 45 years of being labled a pedophile....come on

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
It's a shame that justice in this country is now impossible to achieve due to the belief that bad things only happen to bad people.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: crawley
a reply to: Witness2008

Just seems to me that to a 19 year old there isnt much difference between 25 and 40 years. Coupled with the fact that even when released he has 20 more years of registering, even that life is basically forfeit. Especially for a young man on top of the world. What innocent person would accept those results? Even a public defender would be preferable to simply accepting 45 years of being labled a pedophile....come on

Then you simply do not understand how people work.

Judge says Texas man innocent based on DNA testing for Texas man who pleaded guilty to rape

www.usnews.com...

Innocent people plead guilty all the time. And in this case he did not plea down until after a guilty verdict by a Jury.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I know of a lady who supposedly told her kid to lie about a molestation as it was over drugs... And I personally knew the accuser and he was automatically deemed guilty because he was gay. People have sick minds and God doesn't let those type of things slide... Maybe this kid do lie maybe he didn't, but if he did the kid deserves to do some time in juvie hall. If not then it's still normal for people to have supporters guilty or not. Just my two cents

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT
Usually the sexual predator types are perverted old men that can't get a woman to like them. It's hard to believe a 19 year old football star wouldn't have women throwing themselves at him, and he would need to abuse children. Then again, I'm not supporting him and obviously don't condone his actions if he did it. But on the surface, it seems unlikely.

FYI:
- Any adult could be a pedophile. A pedophile may appear to be charming, loving, and completely good-natured while harboring predatory thoughts that he or she is adept at hiding.
- Be wary of adults who have a history of abuse in their own past, either physical or sexual.
- Watch out for grooming tactics and be aware that these tactics are ultimately used to isolate and confuse the child.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
This is my idea of justice.

That is all.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
what a horrible story....the problem with the court system these days it is not about the truth...lawyers are salesman and how good they are defines the outcome

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Would an appeal take 45 years? Maybe some people work that way. Exceptions dont make the rule. The vast majority of folks IF they were innocent would not plead guilty to this type of crime.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NickDC202

I honestly hope that the people who support this sicko get what they deserve, a nice firm slap in the face for their idiocy! I'm ashamed to call myself human after reading some of these supporters comments. Absolutely disgusting.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: lonewolf2

Usually the sexual predator types are perverted old men that can't get a woman to like them. It's hard to believe a 19 year old football star wouldn't have women throwing themselves at him, and he would need to abuse children. Then again, I'm not supporting him and obviously don't condone his actions if he did it. But on the surface, it seems unlikely.

FYI:
- Any adult could be a pedophile. A pedophile may appear to be charming, loving, and completely good-natured while harboring predatory thoughts that he or she is adept at hiding.
- Be wary of adults who have a history of abuse in their own past, either physical or sexual.
- Watch out for grooming tactics and be aware that these tactics are ultimately used to isolate and confuse the child.

WHAT?!

There is ZERO CORRELATION between being abused as a child and being likely to abuse later in life. This is a complete myth. Many abusers claim to have been abused to gain sympathy, but are usually found to be lying. The primary abuse cycle which perpetuates is domestic violence, not sexual abuse. Please do not spread such false and dangerous information. Do you seriously think that the huge numbers of women who were abused as little girls are dangerous? Please don't do this, it's incentive for a young victim of abuse to become suicidal at the thought of somehow inevitably becoming a monster, and is one of the huge reasons victims are afraid to tell!

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I do not understand the mentality that supports child molesters, and nor do I understand the idea of pleading guilty to a crime one did not commit, for any reason.

The issue I have with all this, starts and ends at the reasoning behind the choice to admit guilt, on the part of the molester involved. A life term cannot be applied in the absence of physical evidence as far as I am aware (please correct me, if I misinterpreted the law here), and so without the sort of physical evidence which would undeniably attach him to the crime, he was never in any danger of being slapped with a life term. If there was such evidence, then it would have been bought forward and his denial or otherwise would be moot in the face of overwhelming and inescapable facts, like a sample of his DNA being found on clothing, or the body of the victim.

Now, as I understand it, this case contained little enough of that sort of thing. If he was advised by his lawyer to plead guilty, and was not actually guilty of the crime, then he has been very ill advised indeed, bearing that in mind. Furthermore, admitting guilt in a court room and THEN agreeing a plea deal which includes a twenty five year term with no right to appeal is not the sort of thing that an innocent man, who has neither done the crime of which he is accused, nor knows who is responsible, would do.

The only thing that makes a damned bit of sense to me in this scenario, would be either :

He agreed this deal because he was guilty, and his followers are deluded halfwits with all the moral and intellectual fortitude of your garden variety director of real life snuff movies...

...or he knows who did the crime, and for some reason (and hear me when I say, it would have to be some HELL of a reason) decides to take the rap to protect the guilty party.

But even then, one should seek to protect the innocent, and the victim, before even considering the plight of the offender. The order of importance goes, victim, society, offender. One concerns oneself with the victim first, since it is they who have been damaged, they who bare the worst of the scars, they who are aggrieved by the actions of the criminal. Next is society, because every time something like this happens, it tears families and communities apart, or at the very least results in less trust and more suspicion, less love and more fear. Then, when the broken pieces of the people who really matter in these situations, have been collected, reconnected, and the seals between them healed or are beginning to heal, if possible, THEN and ONLY then, does the process of looking out for the offender begin.

So why would anyone protect a child molester? Why would anyone take their heat?

At this point, by the necessity presented by the insanity of the situation, thought along this path becomes hopelessly convoluted, as would any route by which a man would take on the mantle of someone else's crime, leave alone a crime of this nature.

I personally feel, that the chances of this individual actually being innocent of the crime of which he has been convicted, are somewhere between slim, and none. He has behaved in a way which makes it impossible to believe his innocence, and it concerns me that his tribe continue to support him. There is, it appears sometimes, more than enough foolishness and toxicity in this world, to totally negate all the intellect and nourishing goodness that is also found here. Stories like this do nothing to alleviate that feeling, what so ever.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: sepermeru

originally posted by: lonewolf2

FYI:

WHAT?!

There is ZERO CORRELATION between being abused as a child and being likely to abuse later in life. This is a complete myth. Many abusers claim to have been abused to gain sympathy, but are usually found to be lying. The primary abuse cycle which perpetuates is domestic violence, not sexual abuse. Please do not spread such false and dangerous information. Do you seriously think that the huge numbers of women who were abused as little girls are dangerous? Please don't do this, it's incentive for a young victim of abuse to become suicidal at the thought of somehow inevitably becoming a monster, and is one of the huge reasons victims are afraid to tell!

I apologise, I can see that my post upset you Sepermeru, this was not my intention. My intention was to inform WP4YT, that most pedophiles are not creepy old men, rather that most are charming etc.

I firmly believe, and through research that majority of abused as children will grow to lead normal healthy lives whilst others who's cognitive building blocks have been damaged will continue with cyclic abuse as adults. One can't built a strong house without a strong foundation. Some cyclic sexual offenders may lie about their historical experiences whilst others may not. For those who are convicted of sexual abuse admit to historical sexual abuse is a big step to their own healing and recovery. Most cyclic sexual abusers are male, where as some women tended to sexually maltreated children in polyincestuous family situations. Sad but true.

Juvenile sex offenders: Development and correction.Juvenile sex offenders: Development and Correction.
This paper addresses the developmental nature of sexually abusive behaviors as they apply to juvenile male sexual offenders. Socialization and sexual victimization are discussed. Three case histories elucidate and support the discussion of the development of victim offending. Significant treatment issues of juvenile male sexual offenders center around the sexual assault cycle which provides a framework for sexual offenders to conceptualize and understand the cognitive, behavioral, psychological, and situational factors which have resulted in their offense(s). Although sexual offenders and sexual offenses are each unique, the sexual assault cycle offers a means of addressing essential commonalities in the treatment of juvenile sexual offenders. Sexual offender specific treatment is viewed as essential for decreasing the risk of further sexual offenses, and thus decreasing the incidence of sexual victimization.

Undoubtedly, there is a proportion of child sex offenders were abused themselves as children. A study was done by Simons (2007) found that 30% of child sex offenders responded in the affirmative to the question ‘have you been sexually abused?’

This study can be found: Simons D 2007. Understanding victimization among sexual abusers, in Prescott D (ed), Knowledge & practice: Challenges in the treatment and supervision of sexual abusers. Oklahoma City: Wood ‘N’ Barnes Publishing: 56–90

National Criminal Justice Reference Service
The General Accounting Office (GAO) identified 25 studies that provided quantitative information on whether persons sexually abused as children were at heightened risk of becoming sexual abusers of children in adulthood.

Abstract: Of the 25 studies, 23 were retrospective; that is, they began with a sample of known adult sex offenders and sought to determine whether these adults were sexually abused themselves during childhood. Only two studies were prospective, and these began with samples of sexually victimized children and tracked them into adulthood to determine how many became sex offenders. Several of the retrospective studies indicated that a substantial percentage of adult sex offenders said they had been sexually abused as children. A majority of studies, however, found that most adult sex offenders said they had not been sexually abused during childhood. These studies varied in terms of their estimates of the percentage of such offenders who had been abused, from 0 to 79 percent. The two prospective studies employed analytical methods that were better suited to establishing a link between child sexual abuse and adult sex offending. Between 7 and 26 percent of sexually abused children in these studies were found to be sex offenders as adults. The GAO concludes that childhood sexual victimization is not sufficient by itself to explain adult sex offending.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
100% guilty hang him !

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It probably shouldn't, yet the simple fact that there are 8 pages of response from people who "know" this teenager is guilty or innocent, when they were not in the courtroom or have access to the transcripts, surprises me. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Although imperfect, our justice system is set in place to try to find the truth.

"....trial by jury of 12 of your peers..." This assures that your conviction does not rest in the hands of one person, the judge, who can easily make mistakes or have a grudge or a predetermined disposition towards the type of offense in question.

"....the right to legal council..." This insures anyone accused of a crime will have someone trained in the law to assist them in their defenses.

The jury deliberated for almost 12 hours in this case. Why? Since none of us here at ATS were on that jury, we will never know. Obviously the evidence did not completely convince one or more of the jurors, and it took time to deliberate amongst themselves to get everyone on the same page.

The young man copped a plea bargain after the guilty vertic was announced? Why would the DA bargain AFTER he won? I've never heard of such a thing, and wonder the accuracy of that statement.

My brother is a sherriff deputy in the state where we both live. We have discussed similar cases that he had sent to the DA for trial (always long after the trial was over, and he never mentioned any names). One thing is for certain, he would not trust the word of one or two toddlers by itself. He would investigate and dig up whatever he can find about the case and individuals involved- does the accused have a history of the crime? Have there been similar complaints about them in the past? Is there any DNA evidence? Psychological evaluations, prescriptions, grades, eye witnesses, charector witnesses... He would even find out about which book you didn't return to the library in fourth grade... He is very thorough. In short, my brother is always AT LEAST 95% certain of a persons guilt before presenting his case to the DA. After all, his reputation is on the line. Perhaps he is a rare breed in today's legal system.

Is there corruption in the legal system? Yes, and there always will be. But just because one seemingly erroronious judgement had been passed in the history of a city, county, or state, that does not mean this one is as well.

So in closing, I would just like to say that everyone needs to get the facts before they decide they "know" if he is guilty or innocent.

P.s. someone mentioned that serving time is not a deterrent for this type of crime.... How about chemical castration? Do you think that would deter someone from committing rape/molestation?

edit on 28-7-2014 by lonweld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So he pleads guilty so he can get out in 25 years to a crime he didn't commit ?

Should of gone not guilty and hoped that the truth would come out before the 25 years came round !

Some people just don't do themselves any favours !

Yep and castration should be a priority !

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lonewolf2

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and compassionate reply. I agree completely with your main point: most abusers are charmers. They are predators and very good at "blending in" and gaining trust. It's important people understand that "st ranger danger" is, while important to teach, less likely to be a problem than more subtle forms of grooming from abusers who have put themselves in trusted positions.

I'd like to address the correlation between people who *have* abused having been abused. There's an important aspect to the sample pool there -- it's pre-selective of abusers. That is, it looks at people who, in addition to having been abused, are willing or inclined to hurt others. That correlation doesn't mean the abuse itself makes them willing, if that makes sense. It means of the set of people who are that evil, many say they were abused.They might not have been. They might have been. But as you say, and thank you again for being clear,most people who were abused are not evil, so it seems like one factor in many, including the fundamental willingness to be evil, rather than something which taken alone is meaningful as to whether someone will become evil.

One more little point...a predator is pretty unlikely to reveal a past of abuse, for the same reasons we agree on. They're trying to seem trustworthy and "normal". I think if someone is open about it, there's almost no chance they'd attack anyone. An evil person would do everything to hide it.

We're well off topic here, but your reply was so nice, and these points seem interesting and important, so I'm putting it here. All I know about this case is that I don't know and can't know -- except that either way, no matter what, the person hurt most is the innocent child.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917

What leads these people to believe the 4 year old is lying? (maybe i missed that part)

yeah....and all the evidence against this guy, apparently that wasn't talked about either, most courts require evidence besides a 4 yr old just saying "he touched me"...too much left out, so, to me, this guy belongs in prison for a long time...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Also the SNAP Network has issued a statement:

A detailed documentation of the case is found at a link within the below statement which I've highlighted here

Note there are lots of links within the statement I've linked to below so I'd encourage folks to use that as an information resource.

Texas Church to hold rally for admitted molester
www.snapnetwork.org...

For immediate release: Monday, July 28, 2014

Statement by Amy Smith of Dallas, SNAP leader

Supporters of a convicted child sexual predator are holding a rally today to support him. We hope they will change their minds and cancel the event. We also urge officials at a Leander church to cancel a similar event set for Aug. 10.

This month, a jury found Greg Kelley guilty of sexually abusing a four year old boy. Before sentencing, Kelley voluntarily accepted a plea deal in which he admitted guilt. Two young boys testified against him. One mom testified that her son told her Kelley had molested him.

People who want to support a convicted and admitted predator should do so privately, not publicly. To hold rallies for a convicted and admitted predator endangers kids by making it harder for those who see, suspect and suffer child sex crimes from speaking up.

Those who believe Kelley is innocent should visit him, pray for him, write to him and help his family. But they should do so in ways that do not scare other victims of other predators into staying silent.

By mounting public displays of support for a convicted and admitted predator, these misguided individuals are rubbing even more salt into the already - deep and still - fresh wounds of abuse victims and making it harder for police, prosecutors and employers to catch and oust child molesters.

Adults must learn to accept a disturbing truth: child molesters don't have forked tongues or devil’s tails or horns on their heads. They are usually not "creepy" people who give us "the willies" or seem socially inept. They are usually charming and charismatic and outgoing. That is often how they are able to gain the trust of children and adults.

So we must overcome the dangerous temptation to believe an accused sex offender is innocent just because he's likeable or talented or devout. Discrediting victims and publicly supporting predators, especially convicted ones, not only hurts the innocent victims who have already suffered too much, but it also hurts other victims who suffer in silence and self-blame.

It creates a hostile environment and does not encourage victims to speak up and help protect other innocent people.

We urge officials at Generations Church to cancel this hurtful event. If congregants really must support a convicted predator, we ask that they do so privately.

The church is run by pastors Bob & Tammy Brydon (1461 E. Woodview Dr. in Leander, TX (512-616-7000, [email protected]). According to the church website, the Brydons have been “actively involved in local church ministry, in both lay and pastoral staff positions, in several large Austin-area churches.”

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
So he pleads guilty so he can get out in 25 years to a crime he didn't commit ?

Should of gone not guilty and hoped that the truth would come out before the 25 years came round !

Some people just don't do themselves any favours !

Yep and castration should be a priority !

A successful appeal would have taken MUCH less than 25 years.

For many with questions about the Sentencing Plea Bargain and Admission of Guilt, here is a refresher:

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join