It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Town Rallies to Support Man Convicted of the Super Aggravated Sexual Assault of a 4 yr old Boy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Sex crimes are generally prosecuted aggressively in Texas. Sex offenders are considered the lowest of the low, even within the heirarchy of the state's prison system.

That said, it could easily be said that many times a child's testimony is easily riduculed or the child considered mistaken, or worse, a liar -- all to protect the alleged abuser.

In the Kobe Bryant case, the rape victim was issued death threats by his fans. In the Penn State scandal where Sandusky was considered a legend, the children were considered liars and opportunists by many of his fans.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

You noticed too. I was starting to get that Twilight Zone feeling.

Second

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This is the last thing I am going to say about this. After thinking and examining myself I could never serve on a jury for a case like this. I have a son. I am a father. I am predisposed to believe what the child says. I would do anything to protect a child. I believe child molesters are the lowest form of life on this planet. I am not a man who is violent unless it can not be avoided. I am no saint. I will protect myself and my family using any means available if the violence of others is thrust upon us. The thought of an adult abusing a child makes my blood boil. It makes me want to become the Punisher and seek vigilante justice. So because of this I will stop posting in this thread and making judgements on whether this guy is innocent or guilty. If he is innocent may god protect him. If he is guilty may he burn in hell.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

I could care less what the side show is around any given case, my only concern with this one is that the conviction took place in the most corrupt county in Texas, where I have a good deal of experience.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

You took a guilty plea, but profess innocence. Why do you suppose a plea bargain was offered. Does not seem to be a very aggressive way of seeing justice done for such a heinous crime.

link   
I would have gone in front of a jury and looked at the evidence presented if I was innocent.

link   

See my above post. You made some good points and made me examine why I took my position. I am not going to comment on this anymore.

edit on 27-7-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

There are many counties in Texas that could vie for the title of most corrupt county evah.

As far as this particular case is concerned, the truth is only known by those involved and God. The jury mulled the evidence for 11 hours and found the young man guilty. It's not up to any of us to dismiss the serious claims of the children involved.

I'm just glad the children are alive and not tragically missing or dead.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: maria_stardust

I could care less what the side show is around any given case, my only concern with this one is that the conviction took place in the most corrupt county in Texas, where I have a good deal of experience.

Fine. Got kids? Want this dude moving in? Maybe the state will pay.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats
I would have gone in front of a jury and looked at the evidence presented if I was innocent.

Exactly. Throw 25 years away because of......................... nope. Not me.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yes I do have kids. And one of those kids was wrongfully prosecuted in Williamson County. I know the place well. Do you know anything at all about the brand of justice in Williamson County? How they investigate their criminal cases? How about the DA's themselves? Or the Judges that those DA's have business dealings with? Do you know about all the overturned cases that came out of Williamson County? The FBI and Justice Department investigations in Williamson County?

I think in this case I'm going to trust the community in Williamson County to give us the low down on what happened. They understand it better than any of us.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

Sex crimes are generally prosecuted aggressively in Texas. Sex offenders are considered the lowest of the low, even within the heirarchy of the state's prison system.

That said, it could easily be said that many times a child's testimony is easily riduculed or the child considered mistaken, or worse, a liar -- all to protect the alleged abuser.

I

But sometimes THEY ARE NOT TELLING THE TRUTH!!!!!!

There's been study after study showing children can be manipulated into telling lies - it's very, very easy to do around preschool age.

There was a study where children were read a story about a mouse in the basement - they were then questioned about having a mouse in their house and gave detailed accounts of having an actual mouse.

Though I will agree abuse is common but it's critical you have a system that handles the interviews and evidence HONESTLY.

TEXAS COPS HAVE A CULTURAL OF CORRUPTION. I noticed your term of aggressive prosecution - It seems like this is a code word for dishonest?

Dishonest cops not only hurts the accused but hurts actual victims.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

That's a lot of questions man. I only asked one. As a father would you let this dude move in?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Anyone can be manipulated. Anyone. That doesn't mean they are, though.

So in your opinion, all children are either liars or they are manipulated.

Interesting.

I'm curious as to how you would react if your child told you that he or she had been sexually abused. Would you believe your child?

My bet is that you would do everything in your power to not only protect your child, but make sure that the sexual abuse was tried to the full extent of the law.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

You may be the one to see this one glaring fact....why offer the plea deal after the jury found him guilty? I know why Kelley took it. He had seen what chances he had on an appeal. There may have also been the financial burden that the family could not take, so they cut their losses. The prosecution had only one motive for the deal. Bury the questionable evidence or total lack of.

So many here pounding on aggressive prosecution of sex offenders. How does that apply to this case. They get guilty and give him an even lighter sentence than what the law allows. This case stinks to high heaven.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
To those of you who are saying taking the plea proves he is guilty what does it prove about the prosecution.

If they really, really believed he was guilty and they had a strong case why would they let him out to society?

I can understand the kid not wanting to risk his entire life but why did the prosecution risk letting a sex offender out. To me that proves the prosecution had doubts about his guilt.

As a prosecutor, you get all sorts of perks for convicting someone of this type of crime. There are people out there who don't mind destroying an innocent person just for their career.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

The guy having been prosecuted by Williamson County? I just might. I trust my own instincts before those state sanctioned criminals.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

So in your opinion, all children are either liars or they are manipulated.

Interesting.

I'm curious as to how you would react if your child told you that he or she had been sexually abused. Would you believe your child?

My bet is that you would do everything in your power to not only protect your child, but make sure that the sexual abuse was tried to the full extent of the law.

Your post is the perfect example of how people are wrongly convicted.

I didn't say they were all liars or manipulated. I said there were many studies to prove that children around preschool age can be manipulated.

Why did you twist my words?

You twisted my words because any time someone casts the slightest doubt on an abuse claim you feel it's ok morally to lie and manipulate facts.

And this is how innocent people get convicted.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

While it's true anyone can be manipulated it's the preschool age group that is very prone to manipulation. There's been plenty of studies to show that they can be feed false memories and actually believe things that are not true.

So someone around 11 can be manipulated into telling a lie, they will know it's a lie. A preschool age child will actually believe they are telling the truth.

So around this age it's critical you have honest police and therapists involved in the process from day one. Otherwise, it's difficult to determine the facts.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I didn't twist your words, I only read between your lines of reasoning.

It seems to me that you believe the children are either lying or they have been manipulated. However, there is no proof that such a thing occurred.

To consider otherwise is how guilty offenders are set free.

Our legal system is by no means perfect and there are times when it may seem unfair. The same could be said for any number of things that pass our way through this life. That's just they way things are in our imperfect world.

I would rather trust the judgement of our court system, it's judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys and most importantly, it's juries to perform their jobs to the utmost of their abilities. Why? Because it is the most impartial way we have at the moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join