It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Town Rallies to Support Man Convicted of the Super Aggravated Sexual Assault of a 4 yr old Boy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
In my lifetime I never thought I'd see something like this happen; it is one of the most disturbing, disgusting and mind-boggling things I have ever seen: a man is convicted of sexually assaulting a 4 year old boy, agrees to a sentencing plea deal and the community holds post-conviction rallies for him, the media gushes over him and those supporting him are bullying the victim, calling the 4 year old boy a liar and maintaining that the convicted (who by accepting the sentencing plea admitted guilt) is innocent.

Background

Greg Kelley Found Guilty in Child Sex Trial

After more than 11 hours of deliberations, a jury found Greg Kelley guilty on two counts of super aggravated sexual assault against a child. He was found not guilty of indecency with a second child. He now faces 25 years to life in prison. The victim, who was 4-years-old at the time, made comments to his parents that Kelley had him perform oral sex while at an in-home day care. After the guilty verdict was handed down, the 19-year-old put his head in his hands and stayed that way for several minutes. Heavy sobs from his supporters filled the room, and day care owner Shama McCarty fell to her knees in the courtroom. Kelley’s defense attorney Patricia Cummings declined to comment on the verdict.

OK, a 19 year old star football player was convicted of sexually abusing a 4 year old boy; sometimes a jury will return the wrong verdict which is why in America the convicted have the ability to appeal their conviction. I could understand a community supporting someone they feel is wrongfully convicted and help him on his appeal...

But then the situation changed dramatically:
Kelley accepts plea deal, sentenced to 25 years
The Terms of the Sentencing Plea Deal Kelley Agreed to and the Judge Accepted:
- Admit Guilt
- Serve 25 years in prison without the possibility of parole
- Waive all of his appeals.
- Upon release, register as a high level sex offender for 20 years.

Asked why Greg Kelley accepted the sentencing plea bargain his mother said:

His mother, who has been in court everyday since the start of the trial, said Kelley agreed to the deal because he wants a chance at a life. "Yes he deal with that he said I can go in for 25 years I can still have opportunity to do something for myself and he will do it no matter where he is. He will do it," said Rosa Kelley.

The spin is that Kelley took the plea because he was worried he's be sentenced to life in prison. However, it should be noted that a successful appeal would take less than 25 years; so Kelley waiving his ability to appeal is very telling.

In response to this, the community responds by bullying the 4 year old victim of Kelley's sexual abuse and calling the boy a liar--- bully the victim, support your local convicted child sex offender....

I'd encourage everyone to check out #FightForGK and #PrayForGK to see the full extent of the bullying being done and the support for a child sex offender.

Here is one of countless examples of their bullying:

The Media Is Gushing Over the Convicted Child Sex Offender:

Hundreds rally to support Greg Kelley

About 200 supporters of Greg Kelley showed up in force Thursday night a rally to show their support for the former Leander High School football player. Kelley was convicted Tuesday of two counts of super aggravated sexual assault, and on Wednesday his defense team rallied prosecutors for a plea deal.

Greg Kelley's family, friends generate online support

Almost a week after a former Leander High School football player was sentenced to 25 years in prison without parole for sexually assaulting a young boy at the in-home daycare where he lived, Greg Kelley's family and friends maintain his innocence. Kelley's supporters are using social media to spread their belief that Kelley was wrongly convicted. Throughout Kelley's trial, his family and friends wore red and blue ribbons fashioned into crosses to show their support. His supporters also used the hashtag #prayforGK on social media to ignite conversation about Kelley, who they believe is innocent. The hashtag started in August 2013, the same month when Kelley was initally arrested. Kelley's football teammate Brian Love tweeted simply, "#prayforGK." As the trial unfolded this summer, the hashtag became a way for Kelley's friends and family to generate support.

Greg Kelley supporters hold gathering tonight outside Williamson jail

Supporters of Greg Kelley, a former Leander High School football player convicted last week of the sexual assault of a 4-year-old boy, will hold a gathering at 8 p.m. tonight outside the Williamson County Jail at 306 W. Fourth St. in Georgetown. The gathering is called “Shine Your Light for Justice.” Kelley, 19, agreed to a sentencing deal last week for 25 years in prison with no chance for appeal. He was convicted for sexually assaulting a boy at an in-home daycare in Cedar Park where Kelley temporarily lived while his parents were in the hospital. There was no physical evidence, but the boy testified that Kelley had assaulted him.

And most recently, this:
Community Rallies to Support Convicted Football Star
The video at the above link will make you ill.

Let's Again Review the Terms of the Sentencing Plea Agreement Greg Kelley Agreed to:
- Admit Guilt
- Serve 25 years in prison without the possibility of parole
- Waive all of his appeals.
- Upon release, register as a high level sex offender for 20 years.

Again, this is the plea Kelley agreed to and the judge accepted. Yet his supporters continue to bully Kelley's 4 year old boy victim(s), call the child a liar and hold events and rallies to support the convicted guilty child sex offender.

There are not many voices condemning the #FightForGK and #PrayForGK bullies who continue to re-victimize these young boys sexually abused by Greg Kelley; if you care about supporting the victims please raise your voice.

Equally as important:
What kind of a world do we live in where its OK for #FightForGK continuously bully 4yo sex abuse victim & blame the victim; say he's lying?
Is supporting those who sexually assault and sexually abuse children going to be a new trend in the US?

edit on 7/27/2014 by NickDC202 because: edited title

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NickDC202

What leads these people to believe the 4 year old is lying? (maybe i missed that part)
edit on 27-7-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
My question would be, do they have proof he did it? How exactly would proof be obtained? Did the jury convict based on just claims by the child? Children are very known to fabricate things all the time. I can understand why the defendant has such a following; is it really likely a 19 year old football star would do such a thing? Usually the sexual predator types are perverted old men that can't get a woman to like them. It's hard to believe a 19 year old football star wouldn't have women throwing themselves at him, and he would need to abuse children. Then again, I'm not supporting him and obviously don't condone his actions if he did it. But on the surface, it seems unlikely. Hopefully the jury saw evidence that made certain he was indeed guilty. It's a travesty when innocent peoples lives are ruined.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT
My question would be, do they have proof he did it? How exactly would proof be obtained? Did the jury convict based on just claims by the child? Children are very known to fabricate things all the time. I can understand why the defendant has such a following; is it really likely a 19 year old football star would do such a thing? Usually the sexual predator types are perverted old men that can't get a woman to like them. It's hard to believe a 19 year old football star wouldn't have women throwing themselves at him, and he would need to abuse children. Then again, I'm not supporting him and obviously don't condone his actions if he did it. But on the surface, it seems unlikely. Hopefully the jury saw evidence that made certain he was indeed guilty. It's a travesty when innocent peoples lives are ruined.

Remember: Greg Kelley AGREED to a Sentencing Plea Deal with the following terms:
- Admit Guilt
- Forfeit right to all appeals
- Serve 25 years in prison with no possibility of parole
- Upon Release Kelley is Required to register as a High Level Sex Offender for 20 Years.

NO INNOCENT MAN WOULD EVER AGREE TO THOSE TERMS.

If Greg Kelley were innocent, he could have appealed the verdict; a successful appeal would take less than 20 years. It wouldn't matter if he didn't take the sentencing plea and was sentenced to life in prison because if he was innocent he'd be out in less than 20 by successfully appealing; he gave up his right to appeal. That is quite telling.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917

What leads these people to believe the 4 year old is lying? (maybe i missed that part)

Because they don't think their friend could do such a thing. They're delusional and cannot accept the reality which is found in the terms of the sentencing plea Kelley accepted.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What I find really odd in this case, is its based on a 4 year old, but is it based on DNA evidence. Normally one does not merely take the word of a 4 year old that may say something to get even with someone even, and doesn't have any concept of consequence, without some evidence.

In our case, regarding sexual abuse, they took the evidence, interviewed, several boys, all victimized by the bully, and we pressed charges, but they didn't call a court case, instead he was called up on other charges, because he was already going in and out of jail, but they were more robbery related, whereas this kid, who was best friends with the managers of the townhouses, and therefore her household was endangering the entire neighborhood and many blocks of young children, and he and his friends were persecuting our household, and my sons, and we were given an eviction notice once, and had to get advocate. I did what the police said and phoned in and put it in writing to the realtors. I had young children running to my house, asking for us to protect them.

Well that should have gone to court, and there was enough kids involved for witnesses. Won't go into details but it was fairly bad like this one, similar.

However, in this case, its one 4 year old, who I want to believe, I tend to believe children. Don't see the DNA, and it may not be a righteous conviction.

I mean a 19 year old is a kid too, 1 year older than my middle boy, and if it was my son and he was not guilty and I believed him I would never let them lock him away. They'd have to kill our whole family in the showdown. Will never allow that kind of sacrifice of my child.

The one involved in our case, was in an out of foster homes, robbery of a pizza store with a friend, really ruined kid. But on the phone I saw his face crumple and he looked like he was devasted that his family hadn't taken him with them on their day trip and had left without supper and locked doors. He lived in hell. And had a destroyed core. I would never have wanted him to have a 25 year sentence either. Wanted him to be healed, loved, counseled, given courses, learn meditation, tai chi, camping trips, joy, happiness, healing healing healing. I love him too! Though he harmed my kids and his cousin.
edit on 27-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Paint the place red and them burn it down..jk
Pretty sick story..Would anyone here plead guilty to that kind of charge if you were innocent?..or any charge?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
What I find really odd in this case, is its based on a 4 year old, but is it based on DNA evidence. Normally one does not merely take the word of a 4 year old that may say something to get even with someone even, and doesn't any concept of consequence, without some evidence.

In our case, regarding sexual abuse, they took the evidence, interviewed, several boys, all victimized by the bully, and we pressed charges, but they didn't call a court case, instead he was called up on other charges, because he was already going in and out of jail, but they were more robbery related, whereas this kid, who was best friends with the managers of the townhouses, and therefore her household was endangering the entire neighborhood and many blocks of young children, and he and his friends were persecuting our household, and my sons, and we were given an eviction notice once, and had to get advocate. I did what the police said and phoned in and put it in writing to the realtors. I had young children running to my house, asking for us to protect them.

Well that should have gone to court, and there was enough kids involved for witnesses. Won't go into details but it was fairly bad like this one, similar.

However, in this case, its one 4 year old, who I want to believe, I tend to believe children. Don't see the DNA, and it may not be a righteous conviction.

Great post!
You convey many of the same thoughts that I had about this case until Remember: Greg Kelley AGREED to a Sentencing Plea Deal with the following terms:
- Admit Guilt
- Forfeit right to all appeals
- Serve 25 years in prison with no possibility of parole
- Upon Release Kelley is Required to register as a High Level Sex Offender for 20 Years.

Unless Greg Kelley is the dumbest person on the planet, an innocent man would never give up his right to clear his name by agreeing to the awful sentencing plea that he took. Right?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The US has some exreme sentencing. Innocent people cop pleas to avoid 200 year Texan style sentences. So its kind of like a shotgun marriage, invalid.

I added a bit more to my post concerning a teen who was in and out of Government Foster Homes, then back with his family, drugs had been involved initially I believe and he had learning disabilities and behavior I gather they couldn't deal with, whereas I've spent my life on mission, never for me, and all about kids with learning disabilties, and it doesnt matter, they are loved and not medicated.

In any case, we now have a border on a disability we rescued from the coast who was shy, has a personality disorder and is intelligent, and not suited for living on the streets being threatened and despite some selfishness and other young man with role model issues, he is loved, very much. One of the things he shared was, in the ministry, they filmed sexual abuse of children, its all satanic type and abuse type crapola, run by the governments and black ops.

Now won't go into that too much and there is nothing on earth we can do to bring it up legally, but I do speak up from time to time. He shared some horror stories in the US too. And some army training. oddly enough, and not the only youth in the group. One of his and my sons school friend was a US teen in a Canadian foster care, who had that training, and was offered jail or Canada. WHY?

Now, this case was so similar, abuse, crimes, desperate core damage a kid I wanted to gather in my arms and sail away with to set up a healing camp if I had the resources. Ministry invovlement, so I blame THEM. The bad guys running our world, for his abuse.

But i would never ever want a 25 year sentence for him.

So, why this kid who is a school hero. Not likely, he doesnt even have the background for it. The kid I described has the background for it.

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Redneck communities like this will ALWAYS back up their local HS football heros, even when they're proven rapists. It's all they have. Wasn't there another case where several HS footballers were taped bragging about gang raping a young girl who was passed out drunk? Wtf.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's Texas and this kid prob was a prominent football player.
Also, do we know if the kids were minorities? Could totally see that being the case as to why all these people don't believe them.
Pretty damn telling tho when you plead guilty and waive all chances of appeal....

And don't mean to offend any one from Texas. My comment about the possible racism is not meant to paint all Texans as racist.
edit on thSun, 27 Jul 2014 12:13:48 -0500America/Chicago720144880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The US has some exreme sentencing. Innocent people cop pleas to avoid 200 year Texan style sentences. So its kind of like a shotgun marriage, invalid.

I agree that extreme sentencing exists in the US; however if I were innocent and offered 25 years with no right to appeal, I'd never agree to it because a successful appeal takes less than 25 years and allows me to fully clear my name.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If he wasn't a popular football player, would he receive the same support?

My guess is no.

Something about popularity and sports makes one a good person?

History says no, but people say yes, people love their sports and people who do sports.

Inoccent, maybe, maybe not?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toadmund
If he wasn't a popular football player, would he receive the same support?

My guess is no.

Something about popularity and sports makes one a good person?

History says no, but people say yes, people love their sports and people who do sports.

Inoccent, maybe, maybe not?

Great thoughts!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Toadmund

If you read my posts about what fits the MO for a kid even doing such a thing, you'd understand that he doesn't even come close to fitting the MO. Without real DNA evidence, its just a young child without any concept of consequence's word. For all you know, the kid had an enemy who threatened the 4 year old and told him he would cut someone with a knife, there are so many scenarios.

One that really happened in my kids and friends life was a threat of knowing a big bad guy with a knife who would kill them. They don't even tell you when you train to them to speak up when they believe the threats. They were older than 4.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Different people make different choices. I would not allow this entire thing to happen. I would get a PI on the judge and the prosecutors and dig for their dirty laundry because the US likes to sacrifice innocents and people, its what they do as dark satantic creatures and I want them narded.

This young man does NOT fit the MO of a abused disturbed sociopathic ministry type kid, so is very unlikely to have done this, and it seems that he was given a verdic that was not beyond a shadow of a doubt which violates the entire justice system, but was more of a opinion trial. opinions should not imprison anyone.

Many plea bargain who are completely innocent.

I clicked out of the thread and read Texas town, didn't realize it was Texas, though had used Texas as an example for extreme sentencing. Wow.

In which case I underscore all I've written in spades.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Different people make different choices. I would not allow this entire thing to happen. I would get a PI on the judge and the prosecutors and dig for their dirty laundry because the US likes to sacrifice innocents and people, its what they do as dark satantic creatures and I want them narded.

This young man does NOT fit the MO of a abused disturbed sociopathic ministry type kid, so is very unlikely to have done this, and it seems that he was given a verdic that was not beyond a shadow of a doubt which violates the entire justice system, but was more of a opinion trial. opinions should not imprison anyone.

Many plea bargain who are completely innocent.

The stigma of being the guy who diddled a 4 year old boy would be all I needed to never agree to anything that forfeits my ability to appeal the verdict and clear my name.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Good for you, but this is akin to being against a wall with a firing squad and unless it happens to you, you'd never know the despair and terror.

Please note, and don't misunderstand me, for this happened to 3 of my kids and the perpetrators cousin, one of their friends, and its awful, but they were old enough to get the situation and also caretake others. In the situation it really happened, but we didn't want 25 year sentences, we wanted some justice and protection of the neighborhood and healing and counseling for him. But he needed to be removed from being around younger children. That he wasn't was because of the Masons and Dark Side Ritualist running that town, and all towns of course. They wanted him to cause that damage and create as much trauma as possible to the grass roots people, thats how our PTB operate. They do this on purpose and harm as many youths and turn out their dark armies on the people all the time.

What he did was a kind of bullying, one upping, dominating, and came out of absolute shredded self esteem.

I care about ALL children, and youths and that ALL are healed and safe from this corrupt system that twists them into pretzels and uses them as forces for the dark side. ALL children are needing help and love.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Easy on the Redneck comments... I ar one, and every redneck I know would curb stomp any punk that thought molesting a 4 year old was a good idea.

That said... its Texas, in some parts of texas football is a religion, and they would blame the victim 9 times out of 10.. but don't just single out texas this isn't the first time in the nation that the victim got bullied because the perp was a football star.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Seems clear someone pressured him into taking the deal. You do not throw around 25yr sentences based on a childs testimony alone. The reason is because a child can not be cross examined like an adult. If someone had a grudge and put the kid up to this then you will never know. WTF is super sex assult? That alone in wording is bs. Generally super is used to express something positive. There is nothing super about kids being abused. This whole thing stinks. We all know that this will not stand. Now if we have a witness or dna or video then the sentence would seem justified.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join