It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare TV interview with Admiral Richard E Byrd 'There is a secret land mass the size of the US'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
He is obviously talking about unexplored land past the pole, referring to the fact that usual exploration at that time came via Middle America. It's not about a Hollow Earth.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There's a ton of obfuscation about hollow earth , aliens, Nazis etc but its only something tacked on to an original article in which Byrd featured!

Unfortunately the theories serve to obscure the factual topic - a land mass separate but near to the Antarctic . That's not an ice shelf , or floating sea ice , or ice which connects separate hidden islands to form antartica , but a distinct and sep arate land mass , divided by open sea.

From an artefact which I own , a flat map which is made as a table cloth , there is indeed such a place , and it is marked
_Wilkesland

Now having looked up Wilkesland on Wikipedia , the distinction between the two maps provided is clear cut . My map designates Wilkesland as an entirely separate land mass to Antartica . Wiki's map puts Wilkesland on Antartica itself.
Wiki also states that Wilkesland is joined with the south pole , somewhere near central Antarctica .

As for a possible explanation then , is it not entirely likely that , in their quest for national and international resource security , lets say , the ptb have altered the maps ?... Meaning that Wilkesland is in fact a secret separate land mass , equal and maybe richer in resources than Antarctica , being kept away from public knowledge by some prudent (if not greedy) people.

In this view a concurrence can be made with Byrd's statement?

NB there's a certain "Rockefeller Plateau" somewhere down there , as well

edit on 30-7-2014 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

You do realize that is 100% impossible in this day and age.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

At least back up your point of view , which is in danger of being 100% closed minded . There's a long history of mainstream cartography being deliberately skewed - in soviet Russia for example . And in this case all that's necessary is to cover the area in blue sea - hardly difficult.
Don't forget , no one can reach a hidden island without accurate knowledge of its position (I don't own a satellite -do you?)
or without the means to reach it . I don't own a vessel capable of sailing the southern ocean .
Also remember the world's people don't all speak English - so if someone were to discover an unknown large landmass , how exactly could they surmount not just the language barriers but the restrictions on public broadcast in the English speaking world? Twitter it ?
And if such a landmass was militarily strategic , or an agreed international 'bug out shelter', by example, what's to stop those who might find out about this entirely remote region being blown out of the (international) water , on sight ?

Plus , on my_map , Wilkesland is far enough out from the pole to possibly be green in summer time , and for anyone else's interest , the tip of India points down to where it is . Maybe flight MH370 was going there ???

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

In today's day and age there is no "mainstream" cartographers. There are tons of amateur people exploring. Can you hide a small Island in the pacific? Difficult .. maybe ... a giant continent? Sigh.

Also one word .. Satellites.
edit on 31-7-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

People can go on trips even to Antartica, people have sailed there own boats on round the world trips anyone that thinks any large land mass is not accounted for realy needs a reality check!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

People can go on trips even to Antartica, people have sailed there own boats on round the world trips anyone that thinks any large land mass is not accounted for realy needs a reality check!!!

Seriously what goes through people's minds to allow themselves to believe these things?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Yes this place is full of the gullible & fantasists I suppose you cant expect anything else from a conspiracy site.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Why would you entertain such a place then?, that's the begging question!.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede
You seem confused about the difference between magnetic north and the geographic North Pole.
The geographic North Pole is a fixed point, where all lines of latitude converge. Magnetic north does
not stay in the same place over time. The magnetic poles drift, and have, in the past, flipped over.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

In today's day and age there is no "mainstream" cartographers. There are tons of amateur people exploring. Can you hide a small Island in the pacific? Difficult .. maybe ... a giant continent? Sigh.

Also one word .. Satellites.

No one said "continent" , let alone "giant" , but "land mass" part of the continent "Antarctica" , is what the subject is about.

As for those amateurs , one does NOT go 'exploring' the Southern Ocean lightly , it's notorious for its heavy seas for one thing , bitterly cold for another . And what might they expect to find down there anyhow ?? More Southern Ocean ???

If there are no mainstream cartographers - then what would you call Google maps / Google Earth ? Once again you failed to provide examples to your points , but attach some patronisation though , not really appreciated .

Now then : Satellites : although there are thousands : as I said before you don't own one , or the data , plus not all satellites are equipped to provide mapping info by any means .

And lastly , Sats travel a fixed trajectory for the most part . If you're so confident in your argument of ..... "satellites" ... then maybe you could state how many of them travel over the poles , ie North - South , South - North ?

Your point of view is now narrowed down significantly . Its no good blustering about the possibilities being ridiculous - because its not you who or hardly anyone has an overall overview about what exactly this big old world contains or not , sorry m8 !

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Yes this place is full of the gullible & fantasists I suppose you cant expect anything else from a conspiracy site.

Quote Zipmatt , "as for a possible explanation then, " in regard to what Admiral Byrd was saying , etc.

The only concrete thing I will state here , is that it is odd you're on this thread , spreading snot on those entertaining the possibilities . You're probably one of those doorknobs who actually beleive man went to the moon !!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
OP I assume this admiral was talking about the antartica continent with it's unexplored wealth ?

it would be a boon to any country who can easily extract anything from this cold continent.. but who owned antartica ? is this going to be the place where future war for resources flared ?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Quality programming of the past is so fascinating to me.
The fact that our government was so active at this time
with Byrd gives him merit. But I think he was allowed/told to
exaggerate.

Great thread tho.
Thank you for sharing this.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join