It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare TV interview with Admiral Richard E Byrd 'There is a secret land mass the size of the US'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
There could be fertile land in Antarctica.

In the areas of the mountain ranges there would also be geothermal activity, i'd say there would be a slim possibility that Antarctica could have frozen over then in regions of volcanic activity like those mountain ranges perhaps, overtime regions of ice were melted beneath the surface making really large hollows in the valleys, the geothermal activity would act like an igloo the ice holding in the warmth.

In regards to entrance if a large enough area was covered in an ice sheet the areas where it collapsed at it's far ends could in theory be open and as you walked across the ice you'd hit "slants" where the ice went down under the dome and could walk right it without even realizing it seemingly entering a "new land" since sun shines at the pole continuously at times you'd have a description that matches what is described...

I'm talking about a unique undiscovered bio system under the ice.... not saying I have it 100% correct, just a theory, but about the only one I can imagine, certainly not the size of the USA, but I could see the possibility of pockets the size of a small State being hollowed out by geothermal activity and remaining warm after the fact and what it would seem like if you accidentally walked into one of them...

I doubt it... but I'd be curious if there have ever been any heat maps done, heat rising from the ice would be what you'd look for.

Then of course there is technology...

If you domed areas and let snow accumulate on the surface in small enough amounts or just painted a glass like material "white" you'd never see a thing from the sky I guess...

I'm just saying I suppose, there are places the ice is what 3500 M deep? Something being there is definitely not impossible, would be a freaking great place to hide if you had the tech or found a natural pocket under the ice that could sustain life via geothermal activity

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
R. Evelyn Byrd is a relative of mine, and I'm even named after him, in part.

I feel idiotic not knowing the details of his reports. I definitely have the intention to look at this, out of curiosity and due diligence.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
As I was Curious about this TV Program ( Longines Chronoscope ) (1951–1955) Korean War Era..
that Admiral Byrd was on I had to Seek a little bit of research

Longines Chronoscope (1951–1955)
Trivia
www.imdb.com...

Its Public Domain

Longines-Wittnauer donated the rights of its episodes making them available for research and duplication.

The Reason for this posting ...

The National Archives collection of includes 482 kinescopes from this series. Over 600 programs were broadcast, but more than a hundred tapes were damaged by a fire at the storage facility and were not included in the donation by the Longines-Wittnauer Company.

Fire ? from 600 Programs Down to 482 That Leaves 118 Missing ... aka LOST

And I wonder what these Lost Forever Episode Programs these 118 had For Participants ! ?

Fire ? or Were they Kept from Public Eye ? Hmm...

Tho I would like To Know WHEN ..What Year. these Episodes were Donated to the National Archives ?

Well as for Admiral Byrd ... There Some Interesting Stuff he has Mentioned, like Mass amounts of Coal !? URANIUM ! Antarctica Was Tropical at One Point . and what about Operation High Jump ... What Really Went On ? in 1946-47

Natural Resource's are Hidden in Antarctica as When the World Runs Out Nations will Go After Antarctica

Because of the The World Antarctic Treaty (1959)
Antarctica is Banned to be Mined untill a 2048 Review

I say... that is Interesting ...

(Tropical)
Ancient Antarctica's Forests Featured Weird Trees, Wood Fossils Show

LiveScience | By Stephanie Pappas Posted: 11/04/2013 8:30 am EST
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Secrets of Antarctica's fossilised forests
By Howard Falcon-Lang Royal Holloway, London
www.bbc.com...

Two New Dinosaurs Discovered in Antarctica
John Pickrell
for National Geographic News
March 9, 2004
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Uranium Found In Antarctica
page: 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...
ATS = lostinspace

The article says the uranium was found in core samples. I wonder how deep they took the core samples. It's likely the Australian mines were not being excavated at the time at that depth considering the snow cover layering. Most people should remember that there is a huge mountain range under the ice. There's a couple thousand feet of ice covering the tops of those mountains. The uranium could have come from the geology of antartica.

Coal in Antarctica
economicgeology.org...

Antarctica is still a Undiscovered

1000's of Feet to Miles thick of Of Layers Of Ice on The Mountain Ranges to the Plains .. Who Knows what Man will Find ..

Don't look for it, ______! You may not...like, what you'll find.
Dr. Zaius:

edit on 28-7-2014 by Wolfenz because: re edit grammer # and more to add

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I can't believe how many people missed the point of the video.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
wiki:

Byrd was an active Freemason. He became a member of Federal Lodge No. 1, Washington, D.C. on March 19, 1921 and affiliated with Kane Lodge No. 454, New York City, September 18, 1928. He was a member of National Sojourners Chapter No. 3 at Washington. He and his pilot, Bernt Balchen dropped Masonic flags on the two poles—Balchen also added his Shrine fez. In the Antarctic expedition of 1933-35, 60 of the 82 members were Freemasons and on February 5, 1935 established First Antarctic Lodge No. 777 of New Zealand constitution.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I think all you Bird bashers should give this guy a break. To achieve the rank of Admiral in 1947, you had been through mental and physical stresses that would have most of today's military men laying on the floors of VA hospitals in fetal positions sucking their thumbs.

There's no doubt that the Admiral witnessed hundreds of deaths, sent thousands more men to their death and inhaled gallons of jet fumes, and other chemicals that would be illegal today.

So, if he thought the other half of Antartica was a new continent, that's understandable. It's too bad the interviewer didn't ask him about UFO's. Byrd would have had some good info on that phenomena I bet.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
amazing how many of the usual trolls responded to the OP and tried to discredit byrd, without even mentioning his diary, within the first 45 minutes of this being posted.

interesting

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: smarterthanyou

I agree, the trolls shine bright when these kinds of subjects are discussed...

2nd

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: smarterthanyou
amazing how many of the usual trolls responded to the OP and tried to discredit byrd, without even mentioning his diary, within the first 45 minutes of this being posted.

interesting

Amazing how many of the usual SPONGES believe this kind of stuff when we can show it's false!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

I don't want to be rude, but the latter half of this movie ... those guys should be in the looney bin.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470
Thats some truth right there! We know nothing about the universe, or our own planet for that matter. Like u said, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!! Me getting laid proves that point lol

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
www.nasa.gov...

Live stream from ISS.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

*facepalm*

I didnt say he said it was missing.... If such a land (as implied by the OP) ... oh never mind. Ridiculousness since any land down there besides Antarctica would be spotted in any number of ways .. specially by satellite.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

originally posted by: smarterthanyou

interesting

Amazing how many of the usual SPONGES believe this kind of stuff when we can show it's false!

You poor felllow... Not a single person here is saying this is definitely true.

The ONLY people on this thread making definitive judgments are those trashing either Admiral Byrd or trashing their Byrd-related theories of an inner earth, etc.

"It is the sign of a mature mind to be able to entertain a theory without believing in it."

Please ... You and the others who keep congratulating each other on how superior your thinking is (OccamsRazor? Hah!) need to realize that everyone else here has already entertained your evidence, and moved on to entertain other evidence.

You're basically those guys who visit videos of WWF Wrestling and make condescending comments like "You guys know this stuff is fake, right?? Lol they're just actors!!"

You guys are too easy sometimes. Good for a laugh on occasion but mostly you just cause headaches and thread derailment.
edit on 7 29 2014 by Son of Will because: Tablet bugged out the website, hah

edit on 7 29 2014 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Surely you are not gullible enough to believe this load of bull cookies!

You've completely lost the whole point of the thread my friend!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Secret land mass, hollow earth, groan! Just how are they keeping it a secret, with scientists running around
and a horde of satellites, many of which are non-government? You can keep secrets when only a few people
know the details (and the government does hide things many things from us). But not something like this.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
For all we know he's telling the truth all we have to go on is pictures and maps of the world but even on Google Earth where it's not blurry you can see land dirt and what looks like green grass
I just like you can only go by the pictures that are supplied and the story's people say the only way anyone will know 100% is if we do a crowdfund and go our self other then that it's all hear say most maps nowadays still don't show the world's land masses right most are too small or way to big. We can look at the live feed to get an idea but short of a team going we will never know
edit on 29-7-2014 by cloudsstar because: .

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: cloudsstar
You can build and launch a cubesat for the price of a Corvette. Go for it, LOL.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
I think it would be quite something for us to find out that, once again, we were wrong about our assumptions on the shape of our planet. It's been a long time since that has happened and last time it caused quite a ruckus.

Humans have never been wrong about the shape of the earth. Flat earth theory was a shortly held belief by people in europe (and not even by the majority), but people like the ancient greeks calculated the curvature of the earth WAY before knights where charging at each other with giant spears while on horseback.

Myth of the Flat Earth

The myth of the Flat Earth is the modern misconception that the prevailing cosmological view during the Middle Ages saw the Earth as flat, instead of spherical.[1]

During the early Middle Ages, virtually all scholars maintained the spherical viewpoint first expressed by the Ancient Greeks. From at least the 14th century, belief in a flat Earth among the educated was almost nonexistent, despite fanciful depictions in art, such as the exterior of Hieronymus Bosch's famous triptych The Garden of Earthly Delights, in which a disc-shaped Earth is shown floating inside a transparent sphere.[2]

According to Stephen Jay Gould, "there never was a period of 'flat earth darkness' among scholars (regardless of how the public at large may have conceptualized our planet both then and now). Greek knowledge of sphericity never faded, and all major medieval scholars accepted the Earth's roundness as an established fact of cosmology."[3] Historians of science David Lindberg and Ronald Numbers point out that "there was scarcely a Christian scholar of the Middle Ages who did not acknowledge [Earth's] sphericity and even know its approximate circumference".[4]

Historian Jeffrey Burton Russell says the flat-earth error flourished most between 1870 and 1920, and had to do with the ideological setting created by struggles over evolution.[5] Russell claims "with extraordinary [sic] few exceptions no educated person in the history of Western Civilization from the third century B.C. onward believed that the earth was flat", and credits histories by John William Draper, Andrew Dickson White, and Washington Irving for popularizing the flat-earth myth.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
That is interesting!

love it!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join