It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abduction Movie - The Story Behind the Movie, and a Movie Poster Giveaway!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: MattyBeckerman

Thanx for the inside scoop onthe Film, and your lives. That does make a difference to me as far as how I feel about your Movie. Not that it makes me feel any different, (as I loved it),but it's nice to have someone open up on a public forum like You did. That sometimes is hard, but you are appreciated, in my book. Thanx.
It Rocked!!!

I love it. You guys did a Kick-Ass job on that Movie!!!
Thanx again and Later, Syx.

Thanks Syx,

I was very apprehensive about telling this story, mainly because I wanted to be sensitive to Rob's situation. It's awesome to hear the response both to our story and the movie. Very validating that we're on the right path.

Best
Matty

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightYearsAhead
I did not see one thing though, the movie claims to be based on a real happening in North Carolina. What is the incident? I don't remember any in that US state from the history of UFO incidents from 1940s to the end of the 20th century.

Here is a little bit of the History of Brown Mountain. People have gone missing there for centuries. dates back over 800 years.

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC AND LOCAL NEWS

BLUE GRASS SONG ABOUT THE LIGHTS

LOCAL WITNESSES IN MORGANTON NC

www.brownmountainabductions.com...

The local folklore is full of stories of people who have gone missing after witnessing the lights.

The first encounter dates back to the Cherokee Indians around the year 1200. According to Indian legend, a great battle was fought between the Cherokee and Catawba Indians near Brown Mountain. The Cherokees believed that the lights were the spirits of Indian maidens who went on searching through the centuries for their loved ones who had died in battle.

One of the most famous legends of the Brown Mountain Lights was of a plantation owner who was hunting in the mountains and got lost. His slaves came to look for him and were seen searching through the hills with lanterns. They never returned.

The disappearances inspired one of the most famous blue grass songs “legend of the brown mountain lights” written by Scott Wiseman in the 1960’s.

Another such legend is of a woman who disappeared around 1850, the general suspicion was that her husband had killed her. Almost everyone in the community joined the search for her and one dark night while the search was on the strange lights appeared on Brown Mountain. Some of the searchers thought that this was the dead woman's spirit come back to haunt her murderer and warn the searchers to stop looking for her body. The search ended without a trace of her body and a large group of searchers disappeared themselves.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

I just now finished watching your movie. I found it full of excitement from the beginning all the way to the end.

One word: AWESOME!
My only criticism would be putting up that last bit of film after the credits. I think a lot of people will miss seeing that, and the interviews at the end.

I appreciate you telling the back story to how this film came about. Congratulations on emerging into the victory lane!

I don't live too far from Brown Mountain, NC. I think I'll keep my distance. But I saw where HomerInNC is putting together a party to go up there this fall.
I hope they are safe. No, no! Not me!!

Wow!

Brown Mountain is amazing. I highly recommend visiting wisemans overlook. It's one of the most beautiful places you can visit. Thank you so much for your kind words. So encouraging.

Best
Matty

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hey Guys. Saw the movie last night and really enjoyed it.
It was very Hitchcock the way you built up the tension without the overt gore.
I always appreciate the effort of playing on the viewer's imagination over relying solely on slasher concepts.
m night shyamalan also played on that with success. Found tape horror can be over-done, but I did not mind it at all with this film.

Maybe we could have a spoiler thread to discuss the movie without ruining it for others.

Again, Matty Rob Cathy & Co. great job.

ps Matty, what farmer character were you?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MattyBeckerman

originally posted by: SyxPak

Thanx for the inside scoop onthe Film, and your lives. That does make a difference to me as far as how I feel about your Movie. Not that it makes me feel any different, (as I loved it),but it's nice to have someone open up on a public forum like You did. That sometimes is hard, but you are appreciated, in my book. Thanx.
It Rocked!!!

I love it. You guys did a Kick-Ass job on that Movie!!!
Thanx again and Later, Syx.

Thanks Syx,

I was very apprehensive about telling this story, mainly because I wanted to be sensitive to Rob's situation. It's awesome to hear the response both to our story and the movie. Very validating that we're on the right path.

Best
Matty

You are Welcome Matty. I can understand the trepidation of telling of a situation involving someone else, such as the case for Rob. If done without their permission could lead to some bad results. For possibly the friendship you shared, and for the backlash on the other person involved, and how it would affect their life.
Someone having a similar life to Rob, would probably not want that info shared on a public forum.
I salute Rob for being a stand up guy and letting you tell of his whole story. I have been no angel and would let someone do the same of me. If they wanted to tell of their exploits with me, that's fine. As long as they ask me first.
I would like to drop you a U2U about something, not having to do with the movie or anything. It is about a Fantasy Thread we have running, that is in general chit chat, of us telling a Fantasy story involving all members there, and anyone else who wants to join in, and is a collaberative writing adventure. Some there have Writer's Status, some don't. If You are interested in knowing more,(same goes for anyone else reading this) write me at the U2U here.
Thanx again Matty, And Please tell Rob Thank You for letting You fill all of us in on his background, which helped you tell Your Story......
And once again, That Movie Rocked!!!

Later, Syx.
edit on 24-7-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hey that looks like a good movie Man!

One of my buddies was abducted some years ago while in a boat on the San Joaquin river. They had just got to the fishing spot, baited and casted out. The both popped open a beer, and the very next moment, they realized there was about four hours missing. Wild ducks swam up to the boat and were acting very strange, allowing the guys to pet them. They looked up in the sky above the boat and there was a cloud all lit up with different colors. Old scars he had suddenly hurt as if they were probed.
Later on he began having dreams about the incident, and saw he had been put on a table.
He believes they took genetic material, because in later dreams an alien woman, that was like us,( except no filtrum) came forward with a baby, that looked very much like him. The two men did not tell their wives about this incident for several years. It still affects him when he discusses that night, and he becomes angry, and agitated. He felt helpless, violated, robbed for DNA, and hates them with a vengeance.

I'm almost afraid to watch your movie. After talking to him, aliens scare the crap out of me.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Nice! I really want to watch this movie. Unfortunately im currently situated in Germany. I can´t watch the on demand version from here. Due to my location.

I really hope it will be available over here soon and also in english.

Anyway thank you for sharing this info. I have been searching for such a movie for quite some time!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It looks pretty good, but are all the "redneck" types portrayed as dumb-stupid idiots? Just something I need to know before deciding if I'll buy it.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

It looks like an awesome movie-- Would love to watch it.

Rebel 5

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Absolutely not. Little background regarding the "Redneck" Character in this movie. He was inspired by a true friend of ours who died way too young. He died suddenly. Matty and I were unable to travel home to Jersey for any of the services. He was cremated and his family kind of dispersed after that. I could never wrap my mind around the fact that he just vanished from the face of the Earth like he had never existed. There isn't even a gravestone to bear his name.

He was incredibly proud of his high school football achievements and his number "31" was a big deal to him. It became the number on the mailbox in the movie. He had a dog named Tango and a brother named Scott. All details that we put into the movie.

I'm proud of the fact that this amazing person I had the honor of knowing is finally memorialized in some way. Jeff Bowser totally got the character, breathed life into with with his own creativity, and was every bit as commanding on screen as our friend was in life. We didn't give any of this information to Jeff ahead of shooting. Matty wanted to afford the actors the opportunity to find the characters on their own, but I did speak to Jeff after we wrapped to commend him on a job well done. He told me that his main concern in taking this role was to not make him a parody of every redneck on screen. He wanted him to be human, and genuine, a little likable, but mostly, real. I think he nailed it.

*The third man in the picture with Matty and I from New Orleans is the Real Sean McClain's identical twin brother Scott...

Before he was abducted, of course.
edit on 26-7-2014 by robertalvinlewis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: robertalvinlewis

Awesome! Sorry about your friend. I will definitely check this out when I get time. Thanks for replying back.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hesse
Nice! I really want to watch this movie. Unfortunately im currently situated in Germany. I can´t watch the on demand version from here. Due to my location.

I really hope it will be available over here soon and also in english.

Anyway thank you for sharing this info. I have been searching for such a movie for quite some time!

The movie will be out in Germany soon. Falcom Media Group are distributing it there. Here is the link. Send them a message asking about it. It will help us greatly!
www.falcom.ch...

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

edit on 26-7-2014 by MattyBeckerman because: somehow it quoted the wrong person

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
It looks pretty good, but are all the "redneck" types portrayed as dumb-stupid idiots? Just something I need to know before deciding if I'll buy it.

Thanks

I'm pretty much a redneck myself. I lived in the mountains, grew a beard, pretty much drank every night, and made moonshine. My wife had to force me back into civilization otherwise I would be off the grid somewhere in the backwoods.

Best
Matty

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I have been a member of ATS since 06. My account was deleted under strange circumstances so I decided to lurk and never post. Until I watched this movie. Without a doubt, one of the best I have ever seen concerning this subject (and I am an old bastard). Just had to say, absolutely phenomenal. Hats off good sir. That was quite the ride.

PS The mountain man was spot on. Thanks for that, wasn't an ounce of Hollywood phony. Kinda know because I am one of them. Mountain that is.
edit on 27-7-2014 by shaihulud66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2014 by shaihulud66 because: (no reason given)

(post by NotSoAnonymous removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
C'Mon Man. I cant afford to buy the movie.
I did see it from a link someone provided me though.
I already wrote in on how much I loved the Film!
But I want a chance at getting a Poster!!
Thanx for seeing my point of view on this Matty.

Later, Syx. Mike.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: shaihulud66

Good to see that You joined up here again. I love ATS and have found tremendous mountains of good information here. You know, after you sift out all the B.S.
I agree that this Movie Rocked! It is definitely a very good representation of this subject!
Later, Syx.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Wait a minute, let me get this straight, you couldn't afford $4.00 but you did see the movie on a pirated (STOLEN I.P.) link and you still think you should get a poster?

Seriously?

If everyone steals things like this where is the money to PAY for the posters supposed to come from? If those who produce this art can't make the rent because they received ZERO dollars for it (or 50% less than they should have, either way) what do you think they're going to do? Go get a job that removes their ability to produce this kind of art because they have to work at something else that consumes their energy and TIME to produce it..

Look, I'm not just picking on you, I'm picking on the entire culture that has come to believe that STEALING a movie or a song (by downloading it from an illegal TOR server, or whatever server) isn't "that big of a deal", "nobody gets hurt".

That's Bullshit, and if it continues it will be the END of indy movies and new music from people who weren't born with a silver spoon in their mouth or, those who have a lucrative tour contract that allows them to pay their bills to produce this art rather than work driving a forklift (or whatever).

"Come on Man"!

Sigh... Spit... Grrrr...
edit on 7-27-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Springer I had no idea it was only 4 bucks! For cryin out Loud, I am a DumbAss. I admit That! For whatever reasons, I did not look deep enough to see the cost of the Movie.
Apologies to Matty, Rob, and You and the rest here at ATS! I will be submitting my Payment SOON!
Thanx for Hitting My Nail on The Head Springer. Please Let Your Anger Subside? I do feel Terrible at this moment, and I should. I admit that as well. As You stated clearly, If behavior and actions like Mine exists in the minds of others, it could lead to an and of such Great Films such as Alien Abduction. I for one DO NOT want to That Happen!!!

I hope That My Sincere Apologies are accepted by You, Matty, and Rob, and ALL of ATS!?.

Syx.

edit on 27-7-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join