It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abduction Movie - The Story Behind the Movie, and a Movie Poster Giveaway!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

It's OK... I'm convinced that good people get caught up in this dark net because;
A. they don't realize the harm it does (lost revenue to those who need it to live and have the ability to continue to create stuff we all dig and enjoy)

and

B. since it's on the internet it must be OK or, at least not illegal

A couple of my personal goals for ATS are to educate people about this stuff as well as bust out the HOAXERS and charlatans in UFOlogy.

It sounds to me like you really didn't understand the ramifications of snagging a free flick, go forth and sin no more!

We still loves ya.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Syx, you are NOT a dumbass! Not even close, my friend.

I don't ever 'pirate' movies, when I can...I rent them from a variety store for $1.99.
There are times in my life though, when I can't afford that...and certainly can't afford $4.00.

On occasion I have watched something online via a link...not even considering that it may be 'pirated'.

Most of the people I know download thousands of movies from the internet, and laugh at me for waiting to rent them from the store. The store usually only gets the big Hollywood new releases though, and likely would never have this particular film.

Thank you for mentioning this thread though...I am now going to read it all from the beginning. I will ask my daughter to use her credit card to purchase the movie for me. (Might ask her to buy a poster too, so I can send it to you and the Mrs.).

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Springer I appreciate your understanding of my situation. I Thank You. And No, I didn't really understand the the full impact of doing what I did.

Going Forth, and sinning no more! LOL!!

A High 5 , or should I say a High Syx To Ya Springer!

edit on 28-7-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Jacy! I've missed You at Your Thread! What's up?! Drop me a line.

And Yah I am a D.A. about some things Young Lady. I am not too proud to admit that. But Thank You for standing up for me!
You are a True Friend Indeed!

A Poster would be Kool, but a visit from You would be The Best package I could Ever have come to my door!!

Your Bud, Syx.
edit on 28-7-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I was speaking with an old friend yesterday that I haven't talked to in years, he asked me how the site is doing, all the usual stuff, then he told me he saw this movie ("Alien Abduction") and it reignited his interest in esoteric things (and caused him to call me). He had been away from the topic (paranormal, aliens, ufos, etc...) the last several years because his life got real busy (he got hitched and had two kids) and was just surfing around looking at various things online and discovered this movie, rented it, and loved it.

I'd like to thank Matty for making a movie that not only rekindled someone's interest, but reconnected two old friends.

edit on 7-29-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MattyBeckermanMatty Beckerman..looking into how i can get in touch with you. I have some questions and perhaps something to help.
Probably hard to believe when i cant even work an inbox today! LoL

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Is the movie only available online or can i buy it via dvd?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
So whats the standing on this? Hope we were able to help to get the word out for the movie. And how do we know if we were lucky enough to secure one of those awesome posters? I only ask because I have not heard anything back from email and I know I had mine in pretty early...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MattyBeckerman
So, I just noticed that 'Alien Abduction' is now on Netflix. That's a good thing right? I have no idea how that works when they pick up movies, but I'm grateful and plan to watch it later tonight.

It's funny that a few reviews are up trashing the film. No worries, I'm convinced that 80% of the reviewers think they are film critics and actually hate every single movie they watch. I'll five star it for sure.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Holy smack! It IS on Netflix.
Well I guess I could watch it again on my big screen now.

Great news there Matty it's spreading fast.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
How can a Canadian get a hold of this movie? I've tried to dl it from I-tunes and Amazon but, I keep getting a "This movie is not available for download in your area". Does that make any sense to anyone?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dfens
a reply to: shadow watcher

Yes!!! I just went on there and posted a review on it, a very positive review. Alot of idiots out there were very nasty about the movie. Hate people like that. Gonna rewatch it today when I go get the GF, shes as obsessed with aliens and abductions as I am

edit on 8/10/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Just curious...has any one received a poster yet?
Sorry if I missed something already posted.
I was pretty close to the beginning...thanks.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

Same thing I asked about a week ago....crickets.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Watching this on Netflix now.

It's wonderful!

Best found footage movie I've ever seen!

Great job guys!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

In which countries in Europe is this watchable? Everything gives me 'not available in your country' - im not UK/Germany. Buy or on demand, the same.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Did this just die out? Nothing posted back from op in quite some time. Would have been nice to see a winners list or something. Oh well, again awesome movie anyway.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

The posters are being mailed out this week according to Matty. We'll put up a list of winners after we know who received one.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Watched this movie last night and was extremely impressed. It reminds me of a combination of Signs and Blair Witch, and that's meant as a compliment. There were a couple of scenes which really threw me back in my chair, and I'll say no more lest I ruin it for someone.

This isn't an effects-laden movie but the ones that are there are done well.

Congratulations on a job well done and I look forward to what else you may have in store.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MattyBeckerman

I just watched this movie and it scared me to death. I actually live about 60 miles from Brown Mountain and I have heard about the lights. The movie is well done and the effects are better than movies with budgets of one hundred million dollars or more. A must watch again movie.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join