It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GoodGame: Empire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Just wanted to know if anyone else here at ATS is currently playing GoodGame: Empire??? I've been playing for about 8 months or so now I guess. It's a MMO that won best MMO of the year in 2013.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

nah. i like RTS+RPG but not when the system does it..
the TV is showing ads for this game lately, it looks like they ripped off the intro sequence from game of thrones
there's also ads for another downloadable 'clash of clans' (more of the same)
they tend to get stale after a while..
most of the FTP MMO's end up having the same problems & i keep hearing about the cash shops in all these things

does goodgame:empire have a cash shop?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

I'm not sure what a "Cash Shop" is exactly. Do you mean a way to Pay real money into the game for advancements??? If that's what you mean then yes they have one. You exchange money for Rubies which you can use to speed up the building and quickly advance rather than wait the time it takes for certain things. Which can be very long sometimes.

I don't pay anything and only play the free method. But that is how most people play actually from what I can tell. What I really like about this one however is how smooth it runs. I've played others and they seem to drag along and you get bogged down with a lot of pointless BS.

This one moves quickly, has lot's of strategy and they introduce new features a lot. Like I said, I've been playing for about 8 months now. Sometimes I just log in for 10 minutes, set a couple things to build, or troops to attack somewhere distant which takes hours or more for it to complete on it's own and I log off and let it do it's thing. I've gone from the first castle you start with to now having 2 complete castles in two territories. One with 3 outposts the other with one. Plus two more territories to eventually build two more castles. I'm also part of a fairly powerful alliance which is another cool aspect to it.

In fact, I've put so much time into it now, that it's like a part of me in a way. It's like working on a project where you slowly build something like a clock tower or something out of toothpicks that takes a long time, but in short intervals.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

yeah that's the cash shop (buying items to advance)
i used to play an mmo called imperial-conflict which used the turns/hours method
(there was no cash shop back there)
sounds promising that they've sped up the process

..spent a lot of time building a toon at an ftp mmo once (with no cash shop items) taking it over lv 100 but then got banned (and rightly so)
i'd just like to find a nice turn-based oldschool RPG, something like underworld:gold or the new one he's working on

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I have been playing Game of War, is it similar?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

I have been playing Game of War, is it similar?

I haven't played Game of War, but from the looks of it, it looks kinda close.

Game of War looks cool. I might have to check it out now.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
There are a million games like this one. I played for a little bit, but it reminded me of Envoy too much.

I used to play these types of games, but they rely too much on the cash-shop and its too easy to spend hundreds of dollars on the game.

I would much rather pay a chunk of cash up front to play a game, or even have a monthly fee if the game was good enough. The nickle and dime cash-shop style just leads to a pay-to-win system where only those with deep pockets will ever have a chance to compete.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
There are a million games like this one. I played for a little bit, but it reminded me of Envoy too much.

I used to play these types of games, but they rely too much on the cash-shop and its too easy to spend hundreds of dollars on the game.

I would much rather pay a chunk of cash up front to play a game, or even have a monthly fee if the game was good enough. The nickle and dime cash-shop style just leads to a pay-to-win system where only those with deep pockets will ever have a chance to compete.

this

i would love to see more sub based games that are worth the fee

lower the fee if you looking at f2p

f2p is alway pay to win no mater what people progressing faster than others with money and just domination on free players is a bad idea new players quit fast

new topics

top topics

join