It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Daily Show's Jon Stewart Brilliantly Covers The 'Asymmetrical' Conflict In Gaza

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Jumping what? Your arguments are that because people are funny it doesn't mean they are smart. So I'm just letting you know many comedy writers come from Ivy league schools.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

College doesn't make you smart. It means you're really good at regurgitation. I love how people think that college is some kind of achievement.

On topic... I find Jon Stewart to be entertaining with little bits of truth thrown in. I watch for the political laughs.
edit on 20-7-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Here's more of Levin's rant...

Mark Levin Rant Targets The Daily Show's Jon Stewart: "I Don't Trust Jews Who Change Their Names"

He needs psych help but will probably just pop an aneurysm soon.
edit on 7/20/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure Mark Levin has completely lost his mind at this point. He can't argue the merits of Stewart's comments, so let's attack a name change.

Really?

And this is THE go to commentator for the political right in this country?

And Levin would be really dumb to even try to take on Stewart. He would not stand a chance.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I would like Netenyahu as world president.Blow up all the bad guys along with some good guys who lived with the bad guys,instant peace.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
I would like Netenyahu as world president.Blow up all the bad guys along with some good guys who lived with the bad guys,instant peace.

While you're at it why not make Kim Jong Un vice president.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Levine is a despicable human being. Anyone who pays attention to his rantings and ravings should have their head checked. If a battle of wits between he and Stewart were to happen, he would lose handily as he's unarmed, to say the least.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Have to agree with many of the commenters here questioning Mark Levins intellectual capacity. And I'm quite "conservative" on many issues, at least economically. But that gives me a keen insight into my supposed own. Most of those who speak for the Right are bat sh*t crazy.

Stewart, even as a comedian, would tear him a new one in a debate. Levin, on his radio show his national platform, had no counter argument to the simple jokes Stewart put out illustrating Israel's immense advantage over Palestine in terms of military capability. Which illustrates the fact that Israel SHOULD be the one showing the restraint and democratic initiative. Instead, they of course shoot first and ask questions later. Anyone who has read or is aware of the policy and words of leading Israeli politicians knows that the killing of innocent civilians is a strategy of the IDF, in the name of "deterrence." They cannot be stupid enough to believe this actually works. If they kill enough civilians than the people will rise up and stop Hamas or any other extremists from attacking Israel? More like, they're ensuring generations of Israeli hatred in the region and giving extremists all the recruitment tools they need.
edit on 20-7-2014 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

Going to school doesn't make you smart? Did you seriously just write that?

Good luck reading this thread and being able to post in it without ever having to go to school.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Battle Of Wits you say?

Memorable Movie Death #3: Vizzini From Princess Bride

edit on 20-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This thread is full of leftists doing what they do best -- drawing ignorant conclusions from a quick glance at the real world, and then defending those conclusions with delusional fury.

When all you can do is call for your opponent to be locked up, you have lost the debate.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Wow, talk about incompetence. You just made a quip about me reading when you couldn't even read/comprehend what I even said. I said college, not school. There is a fundamental difference between basic schooling and college/university.

Thanks for the laugh

edit on 20-7-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
But have you ever argued about the daily show on weed man

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

Oh no, I read you correct. College is school and if you think doctors, teachers, lawyers, business managers, scientists, and so on, become such without school, well...

I'm not even gonna argue with you so feel free to continuing attacking my reading comprehension. Agree to completely disagree.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I've always like Mr. Stewart; he has always been able to be funny while getting directly to the point which takes a good level of intelligence. This Levin character though, his arguments were lacking in any substance. His counters to Stewart would never convince me or anyone with a logical mind.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills I'd have to agree with Aedaeum; college doesn't make you smart. Only you can make yourself smart through hard work, dedication and constant motivation. Knowledge can be attained in many place's, not just a school setting. So, your argument is a bit lacking. Also, MarlinGrace is correct by stating you jumped to conclusions. He was just countering the crappy logic with the same logic in order to make a point, not because he actually believes that because one has a government job that one is not intelligent.

edit on 20-7-2014 by Voyaging because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Voyaging

Oh my god. I cannot believe I have 2 people here who think going to college doesn't make one smarter. Yeah because learning new things everyday doesn't make you smarter? Who do you think taught you and your children to read and write? It was college educated teachers.

I'm really done with this topic. It's ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

That's only somewhat appropriate. Levine couldn't handle Vezzini nor the dreaded pirate Roberts.

BTW, if you can somehow insert the Princess Bride into a debate, you win, so congrats! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Thanks for the levity.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Levin may want to watch it when it comes to Jon Stewart because intellectually Stewart will chew him up and spit him out. Levin really doesn't know much about show business because look at how many people change their names when they go into show business it's commonplace.

Stewart will cower before Levin's 170db of rage

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Levin may want to watch it when it comes to Jon Stewart because intellectually Stewart will chew him up and spit him out. Levin really doesn't know much about show business because look at how many people change their names when they go into show business it's commonplace.

Stewart will cower before Levin's 170db of rage

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join