It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Daily Show's Jon Stewart Brilliantly Covers The 'Asymmetrical' Conflict In Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: MarlinGrace

We disagree if you think making people laugh doesn't require intellect.

I'd say both qualify as good men, on paper anyway.

After college, Stewart held numerous jobs: a contingency planner for the New Jersey Department of Human Services, a puppeteer for children with disabilities, a soccer coach at Gloucester High School in Virginia.

He practiced law in the private sector and is president of Landmark Legal Foundation, a public interest law firm founded in 1976 and based in Leesburg, Virginia.

Levin has participated in Freedom Concerts, an annual benefit concert to aid families of fallen soldiers, and uses his radio program to promote aid to military families.[9][10] Levin is also involved with Troopathon, a charity which sends care packages to soldiers serving overseas.

Its ok to disagree it keeps the mind fresh, I just think being witty isn't intellectual. But I will say Stewarts chances of being a attorney are better than Levin's chances of doing comedy.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: buster2010
Levin may want to watch it when it comes to Jon Stewart because intellectually Stewart will chew him up and spit him out. Levin really doesn't know much about show business because look at how many people change their names when they go into show business it's commonplace.

Levin might get chewed up and spit out based on Stewart's ability to make fun of someone through comedy, but he could hardly be the intellect over Levin. You might want to consider comparing educations, political involvement, and at least acknowledge the fact he was qualified to be chief of staff to an AG. Worked as an advisor during the Reagan administration.

Stewart is a great comedian, but Levin has great legal mind, one is witty while the other is steeped in constitutional law. Hardly a comparison. Just trying to reduce the propaganda. Buster I consider you a pretty smart guy, we don't agree on most things political , but I am surprised you missed this.

And yet all Levin could come up with is griping about Stewart changing his name, and the usual antisemitic "self-hating" garbage.

This is my first encounter with this Mark Levin character. As far as I can tell, a carton of KFC coleslaw could beat him under the table intellectually speaking.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTengriist

Levin may want to watch it when it comes to Jon Stewart because intellectually Stewart will chew him up and spit him out. Levin really doesn't know much about show business because look at how many people change their names when they go into show business it's commonplace.

Levin might get chewed up and spit out based on Stewart's ability to make fun of someone through comedy, but he could hardly be the intellect over Levin. You might want to consider comparing educations, political involvement, and at least acknowledge the fact he was qualified to be chief of staff to an AG. Worked as an advisor during the Reagan administration.

Stewart is a great comedian, but Levin has great legal mind, one is witty while the other is steeped in constitutional law. Hardly a comparison. Just trying to reduce the propaganda. Buster I consider you a pretty smart guy, we don't agree on most things political , but I am surprised you missed this.

And yet all Levin could come up with is griping about Stewart changing his name, and the usual antisemitic "self-hating" garbage.

This is my first encounter with this Mark Levin character. As far as I can tell, a carton of KFC coleslaw could beat him under the table intellectually speaking.

It would be interesting to see your judgement when they both are in court. Or even take on a constitutional discussion. Because you're funny doesn't make you smart, just witty.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Worked as an advisor during the Reagan administration.

So he worked as an adviser during one of the worst Presidential reigns in American history. Just look at most of the people that work in government you don't have to be smart you just have to have connections.
Maybe if he was a better lawyer he would have seen what kind of people he was supporting seeing how his boss Edwin Meese resigned while under investigation.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

So he worked as an adviser during one of the worst Presidential reigns in American history. Just look at most of the people that work in government you don't have to be smart you just have to have connections.
Maybe if he was a better lawyer he would have seen what kind of people he was supporting seeing how his boss Edwin Meese resigned while under investigation.

So Reagan was a bad president, Meese was under investigation when he resigned, and this makes John Stewart the higher intellect completely nullifying Mark Levin? Didn't I read somewhere you were in the military? Wouldn't that have disqualified you from any smarts considering every president since Reagan was horrible? Or do you get a pass for working for that particular command and chief?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

So Reagan was a bad president, Meese was under investigation when he resigned, and this makes John Stewart the higher intellect completely nullifying Mark Levin? Didn't I read somewhere you were in the military? Wouldn't that have disqualified you from any smarts considering every president since Reagan was horrible? Or do you get a pass for working for that particular command and chief?

So you are saying that because a person goes into the military they are not allowed to have an opinion about a President? Are there any other rights besides Freedom of Speech that you want to take away from veterans. If that isn't what you meant then are you just calling all veterans stupid?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

So you are saying that because a person goes into the military they are not allowed to have an opinion about a President? Are there any other rights besides Freedom of Speech that you want to take away from veterans. If that isn't what you meant then are you just calling all veterans stupid?

lol no what I am saying is, does a poor choice of employment make you stupid? According to your post it does. If it wasn't for jumping you couldn't come to a conclusion.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

So joining the military is a poor choice? Or is it because the last 3 Presidents were horrible so joining the military under their reign makes you stupid? Basically you're saying you have no smarts if you're an airmen, sailor, Marine, or soldier?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Thats cool, I admit they can be funny at times but I just can't get into them.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

So joining the military is a poor choice? Or is it because the last 3 Presidents were horrible so joining the military under their reign makes you stupid? Basically you're saying you have no smarts if you're an airmen, sailor, Marine, or soldier?

Maybe you could read all the post between buster and I instead of the last one.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTengriist

It would be interesting to see your judgement when they both are in court. Or even take on a constitutional discussion. Because you're funny doesn't make you smart, just witty.

It's not about being funny. It's about being able to come up with a coherent argument.

"You changed your name so you're a self-hating jew!" isn't such an argument.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It was your first replay to Buster that caught my attention.

Wouldn't that have disqualified you from any smarts considering every president since Reagan was horrible? Or do you get a pass for working for that particular command and chief?

So if you joined the military post Reagan that means what according to you?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Because you're funny doesn't make you smart, just witty.

Not only is Jon intelligent but did you know a lot of comedy writers hail from Ivy league schools such Yale, Harvard, & Columbia?

Yale produced comedy writers that work for the Daily Show so let's stop pretending funny people aren't smart.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Fargoth

oliver has his own show on hob now. sundays

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTengriist

Jon Stewart himself has said on his show, something to the effect of 'can't a guy have a difficult relationship with his father without being accused of being a self-hating Jew?'

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

It was your first replay to Buster that caught my attention.

Wouldn't that have disqualified you from any smarts considering every president since Reagan was horrible? Or do you get a pass for working for that particular command and chief?

So if you joined the military post Reagan that means what according to you?

That means if you could get past your perceived anger over nothing, that maybe even you could understand he disqualifies someone's intelligence based on who they worked for. So I proposed the question based on what he said, if you were in the military does it disqualify you as being intelligent as well.

As I said follow the line of post...... If you can't figure it out with the spoon feed then there is nothing left to tell you.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Because you're funny doesn't make you smart, just witty.

Not only is Jon intelligent but did you know a lot of comedy writers hail from Ivy league schools such Yale, Harvard, & Columbia?

Yale produced comedy writers that work for the Daily Show so let's stop pretending funny people aren't smart.

Based on Yale and Harvard that should make the last two presidents good comedy writers instead of crappy presidents. I have no idea how you come to these conclusions, but I am sure jumping got you there.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I don't care what levin's intellectual background is, his points weren't intelligent. Ad hominem does nothing for me. He should do more to disprove what John said.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche
I don't care what levin's intellectual background is, his points weren't intelligent. Ad hominem does nothing for me. He should do more to disprove what John said.

That would take an application of intellectual rigor that is usually absent from Israel apologia. It's so much easier to bounce around screaming that the person you're arguing against "hates Jews" - including himself, if that person happens to be Jewish, as we see here.

formulating a defense of using a mortar hit as a warning of an incoming missile, used against a private home, probably requires a lot more contortion and self-deception than simply snarling out the word "nazi!"

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

There's no anger, just clarification. He's not calling them dumb because they worked within the gov't he's just countering your argument that if you work for the administration it means you're smart. A good example Buster could have used is prez George W. Bush.

That all said, I disagree with Buster that Levin isn't a smart man.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join