It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysian 777 Passenger Airline Shot Down Over Eastern Ukraine

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

i agree the odds of in recent accidents, that 2 MAS 777 are involved are high. But the odds against some person actually winning the PowerBall lottery worth 100+ million is really high, but it happens.

The odds don't mean it doesn't happen. Every so often it does.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

...and TWA 800 was splashed 6+6+6=18 years ago to this day.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is the most unfortunate year for MAS. It was and still is one of the best airlines in the world. That is before it was snagged by the blood-sucking AirAsia. They have been in hot seat for quite some time locally. But, it was one of the best. I've experienced their service number of times. The people working there are genuinely trained to be helpful. At times, for economic class, you can advance your seat to an earlier flight without too much penalty. Not bad considering there are last minute cancellation and you only have to top up the price. My mother had an experience with MAS where she missed her flight. A counter executive offered his employee's amenity flight to her. They gave me and my family great flight experience. And to hear this happening to them, with so many people shallowly attacking them for the MH370 and now...this. It's sad. I remembered hearing the new how China took it hard with MH370 and blamed everything on MAS. On the really irrelevant account, some Chinese celebrities announced publicly of their intention of boycotting Malaysia. It was horrible. The only good that came out of it is how China Mainland students defended the country where they had been studying, officially informing the medias that they have no intention whatsoever to take part in such conspiracy.

It's eating my heart out. The last I read, 80 children died.

Horrible, truly horrible. I'm not going to jump into conclusions but I think, most of you have a point with how this is so related with the MH370. I just can't get my head around the facts yet. There are so many possible explanation.
a reply to: soulshn

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Strange fact on the plane - The Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 known as MH17 had its maiden flight on 17/07/97 and was shot down 17/07/14, exactly 17 years later.

Is there a source for that info.

edit:

airfleets.net has that data
edit on 7/17/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

yep, Wikipedia

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Strange fact on the plane - The Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 known as MH17 had its maiden flight on 17/07/97 and was shot down 17/07/14, exactly 17 years later.

Is there a source for that info.

Looks like its true...

MH17 Crash Conspiracy Theories: Strange Coincidence Of First, Last Flight Dates

File this under "unsettling coincidences": Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17, a Boeing 777, made its first flight on July 17, 1997, 17 years ago to the day, according to a tweet from the New York Times’ C.J. Chivers.

That detail, at a time when the world is hungering for any new information about the passenger jet that crashed in eastern Ukraine around noon local time Thursday, will no doubt attract the attention of numerologists and conspiracy theorists, if only because there are so many 17s and 7s: Flight MH17, a Boeing 777, first flew on 7-17-97 and crashed 17 years later, on 7-17-14.

Chivers attributed the date of the plane’s first flight to an unnamed “aviation official.”

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Yeah, I traced it back to airfleets. Going to assume it is correct.

Really weird.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Serious??? My god, sorry. I can't see as my company internet is playing up for this site. However, I just came across this video (sorry I can't embed it, link on webpage) and it seems to show massive devastation, chared everything, noting left apart from large bits of airframe and hull etc, then...............it just astounds me.............dude, army soldier comes along with a bunch of Passports, maybe 15 /20 totaly unscathed, pristine all in a bunch to show the camera??

www.news.com.au...

WTF??

No bodies, total devastation, everything FUBAR and pow!!!! F'ing passports all in a tidy bunch.

Total BOLLOX!!!!!! aaaarrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!! BOLLOX!
edit on 17-7-2014 by CaptainBeno because: SORRY HAVING MASSIVE ISSUES WITH THE SITE WHERE i AM

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drunkenparrot

originally posted by: mindseye1609

originally posted by: rustyclutch

.but then again I'm no military man either so I wouldn't know. It was just the location of the fire that makes me think it was a heatseeker instead of one guided by radar or something.

comment from our air vets?

The AN 12 shoot-down on June 6th that is shown in the video was hit by a MANPADS which uses a heat-seeking guidance system which would hone in on the engine exhaust.

The weapon used in the shoot-down today was a much more sophisticated radar guided weapon which uses a proximity fuse to explode a shrapnel wrapped warhead in the vicinity of the aircraft.

Quite often an aircraft disabled with these weapons will continue to fly for some time until all control is lost and the aircraft breaks up while airborne to aerodynamic forces.

Google KAL 007.

Let me first chime in and express my ANGER to whoever posted the false footage of the alleged plane coming down, someone found it was footage from June 6th.

WHY on earth are people posting things as fact without double-checking?

Of course, a proximity fuse is an entirely different story. This means the plane could therefore well have broken up since we're not dealing with a heat-seeker which would only disable an engine. (As suggested in the false footage).

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If the plane was shot down by a BUK launcher, wouldn't the missle leave a white trail which would lead to the plane? If so, then I find it odd that photos or videos of it haven't surfaced anywhere...yet.

BUK video:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Chivers attributed the date of the plane’s first flight to an unnamed “aviation official.”

ha. Just some guy who say it on Wiki and traced the citation back to airfleets, like I did.

Every source it seems is unnamed, even when security doesn't matter. Stupid world.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Drunkenparrot

Ok, how do you make a good tinfoil hat? Maybe there is something to numerology.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

The towns people were walking a large area collecting personal belongings. Every one and everything, it seems, didn't end up in a fire ball.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Watching RT live and a witness said he saw what he thought was debris falling from the sky. Except, it wasn't debris. It was people.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

That's why finding stuff that doesn't break on impact (like a passport) is not surprising.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Shooting down PUTIN'S PLANE, 30 minutes later, would surely have been the better alternative. /SARCASM

I guess if they had shot down Putin's plane, we (or at least Ukraine/Russia) would already be at full-out war, RIGHT NOW. You realize that, right?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

Oh yea, we'd be at war right now if that was the case. Would be very bad.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I just heard on CNN that Malaysia has announced that they are now going to launch an investigation into the crash. My first thought was, "now we'll never know the truth"..

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If a Third Malaysian 777 goes down we'll KNOW FOR SURE its a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyinghaggis
If a Third Malaysian 777 goes down we'll KNOW FOR SURE its a conspiracy.

Ha. Guess they would be the world punching bag. About time to switch to cover the tracks.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join