It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis photographed with popcorn and chairs, cheering as IDF bombs Palestinian targets inside Gaza

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Well put. It was The First Battle of Bull Run. And it was watched by civilians who thought that war was full of glory and splendor. It would be a nice way for them to spend the day in the country. Little did they realize the pageantry of the battle would turn so ugly and end in a rout of the Federal troops. The carnage was shocking though mild when compared to later Butcher's Bills, but was enough to show the people this would not be a pleasant time for the country.

However, in this case, had I and my family been subjected to days of indiscriminate rocket fire I think I would take a small measure of satisfaction in seeing the perpetrator take a retaliatory pasting. Also, I am mindful that from time immemorial, when kids are fighting in the school playground, someone always says, 'fight, fight! And then all the other kids come to witness the stoush. Many of the so-called, 'enlightened ones,' apparently believe that in this wonderful age of science, education, social enlightenment and open slather human rights, that homo-sapiens has gotten past this. My advice to such folk is to please go back to your couch and keep on sucking down that kickabeejoyjuice until the world evolves to the model you so euphemistically believe, exists. (Perhaps it does....but only in the minds of the deluded).

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Americans cheered when their aircraft dropped bombs and kill iraqi soldiers and civilians in Gulf War I..

What's the difference between cheering in the comfort of your own home and cheering while watching a live battle ?

didnt some moslems also cheered when the saudi martyrs destroyed the twin towers in new york ?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Welcome to the mentality of Israel these people have become sick to the bone.

The house of Israel has fallen yet again.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

No difference there all idiots
anyone that cheers to see hundreds/thousands killed is a moron of the highest degree and needs some serious brain readjustment.
lobotomy's should be brought back for said people

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JokerThe1st

No difference there all idiots
anyone that cheers to see hundreds/thousands killed is a moron of the highest degree and needs some serious brain readjustment.
lobotomy's should be brought back for said people

anyone who can laugh at other people's suffering should look deeply in the mirror and check if he still got his conscience intact..

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

anyone who can laugh at other people's suffering should look deeply in the mirror and check if he still got his conscience intact..

Not laughing at anyone's suffering

the smiley face was to convey the lobotomy comment was a joke and not to be taken to seriously.

Why do people think they can discredit others by always taking things out of context, it is a very obvious and childish technique.
edit on 16-7-2014 by JokerThe1st because: added

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I still maintain that the author of this thread linked the story for propaganda purposes.

Without thinking critically and realising this group represents a minority, many readers are jumping on the "All Israelis = barbaric, bloodthirsty, savages that have lost all sense of compassion and humanity" bandwagon. This serves to strengthen anti-Israel sentiment which will eventually lead to even more deaths in this conflict.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JokerThe1st

Does that count for the Palestinians too? I keep repeating this line because it's pertinent and I've still yet to see a valid response , Palestinians are all the time seen cheering the killing if Jews and their children's shows teach kids to kill Jews and martyr themselves. Are they exempt?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Where the photos of the Israeli parliament observing a moment of silence for the Palestinian lives lost? You think that would happen in Gaza in the roles were reversed? I doubt it.

Where are the photographs of Israeli planes dropping thousands of leaflets telling residents to flee? Would the Palestinians do that? I doubt it.

Did you even know that militants on the strip are firing their #ty rockets from peoples homes and when Israeli defences pinpoint those locations - those militants run, leaving the residence to fend for themselves?

This whole subject is a gross oversimplification by people who have no idea what is actually going on

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
I still maintain that the author of this thread linked the story for propaganda purposes.

Without thinking critically and realising this group represents a minority, many readers are jumping on the "All Israelis = barbaric, bloodthirsty, savages that have lost all sense of compassion and humanity" bandwagon. This serves to strengthen anti-Israel sentiment which will eventually lead to even more deaths in this conflict.

Well said.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
They have the right to rejoice when their military is beating the stuffing out the enemy. We would and have done the same many times over.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
So let's have some balance here! So you all think this is OK?

janmorganmedia.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Did you happen to see this? I just posted as a reply to the original thread.

janmorganmedia.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: desertruby2014

Did you happen to see this? I just posted as a reply to the original thread.

janmorganmedia.com...

Ya but see that's ok. For whatever reason the standard only applies for Israel. The rest is ignored or deemed admissible

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Honestly if they indeed are doing so yes it does,
I have witnessed Israel's view of the Palestinian people and it is quite disgraceful. they are seen as less than human and in many cases are a denied existence altogether.
I have not personally seen the same from Palestine but i am sure there are incidents of such

This does not excuse Hamas either and to be frank the country should be 50/50 split if nothing else, also apart from Israel's own 'God' declaring they have a right to be there what other basis is there ???

And if there is not one you all need to pull your heads from between your buttocks and find a peaceful solution to this crap storm of intolerant idiots running around. on both sides of the fence !
edit on 16-7-2014 by JokerThe1st because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Ya but see that's ok. For whatever reason the standard only applies for Israel. The rest is ignored or deemed admissible

See my earlier post on the matter.

We see the capering Palestinian / Arab on our televisions and in the news regularly. They're used as an example of what awful, barbarous, subhuman people they must be. Their celebration of these things is used as a justification for brutality and violence against them. That's "all they understand," we're told. "How can you reason with such people?" the media asks us, as they show us these images. How dare they celebrate bombings, what filthy, awful animals they are!

...But then we see Israelis doing the same thing. We see Israelis capering and celebrating bombings - Just like these other people who we are told deserve violence, hatred, loathing, and dehumanization because of it. Since we're generally reasoning beings, we take the standards that have been hammered into our head - "dancing and capering and celebrating is awful!" and we apply it, with full fairness, to these Israelis who are doing exactly that.

And since the Israelis and their supporters are the very people telling us to hate and fear and loathe and brutalize Arabs for doing this, we dismiss the Israelis as hypocrites and liars, and end up dismissing the notion of "Palestinains are the bad guys" entirely, ven in those cases where it's deserved - the manipulation is shown to be too obvious to ignore, and there's a backlash against those seen as the manipulators.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JokerThe1st

You haven't seen the same from Palestine? Are you ignoring the fact that they have children's shows dedicated to teaching their kids to kill the Jews and martyr themselves?

I'm not trying to attack you here. It's just my thoughts that when people say they haven't seen this attitude from Palestinians it is either disengenious or they aren't clearly looking at both sides of the coin

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTengriist

So you also think it is ok for Muslim protesters to throw stones at synagogues and other houses of worship? www.frontpagemag.com...

Hmmm..what i see is Israelis sitting in chairs... and i seem to remember when Saddam Hussein statue toppled, the americans and other countries cheered...Oh, but that is ok? Hypocrites!

edit on 16-7-2014 by desertruby2014 because: changed name

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Don't hold your breath or waste your energy for a response because you will never educate the uneducated individuals who are full of martyrdom and hatred. As i said earlier, it's ok now for the Moslems to throw stones and bricks at synagogues and cheer while they are doing it with worshippers inside and Israeli flags burning in the streets of the USA changing Burn the Jews in the Oven. And marches going on in the UK chanting death to the Israelis. I am sure if a country were to fire rockets and drop bombs into the UK (or any other country for that matter), you bet their government wouldn't hesitate to fire back and wage a full on war. I think the Americans forget the Cuban Missile Crisis. England forgets World War 1 and 2. Everyone forgets!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CommandoJoe
well, Looks like I'll have to give you that one

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join