It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask any question you want about Physics

page: 279
<< 276  277  278    280  281  282 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

Halos and rays around small bright lights at night are somewhat normal, but if they're getting worse, it could be a sign of glaucoma or cataracts.

You also get that with LASIK, some contact lenses will do it as well. And lens implants are notorious for it.

I'm getting halos now, my eyes 'froze' at close range when I hit 45 and now I'm getting cataracts both eyes, probably paying for my sins working with RF. I'm holding out for ocumetics lenses, though. Hopefully that's not a scam.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

There are also certain anti-glare coatings that can help. I have one for sitting in front of a computer which is pretty effective and there are other colored coatings that can help. Even a few years ago, driving at night was a PITA due to all the glare.

Sucks getting old

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

You already knew a prism would split white light into colors, but did you know diffraction can do that too? Here's a comparison of a prism on the bottom and diffraction grating on the top:

Diffraction

Comparison of the spectra obtained from a diffraction grating by diffraction (1), and a prism by refraction (2). Longer wavelengths (red) are diffracted more, but refracted less than shorter wavelengths (violet).

You can get some diffraction with a single hair which is probably what you saw. It's not as effective as a diffraction grating but it still results in diffraction.

The grating and prism do not accomplish the same thing grating diffuses, splits, or scatters a beam and the other(prism) bends it as reflection around geometry, its like projection headlights Vs. the old reflector type the bending that case was a parabolic mirrored surface.

Although it is likely both some bending and diffusion were occuring, in Fungi's bedroom mustache head angle adventures... as blinds have a parabolic shape for the bending and diffusion from the slits and likely window screen squares.

Dust/smoke is super fun to watch in such a sun beam setting... I have a a few remote controlled multicolored led recessed ceiling lamps that create an upward vortex lift in smoke like a vaccum cleaner, hopefully there arent tiny thunderstorms taking place between my ceiling and roof for microbiotic people... cause theyll then start building caves and next thing I know riding spiders around with little spears... tiny little graven images. Its a bit overwhelming all because of those damned lights...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
a reply to: Jukiodone

What bothers me is that everyone ALSO measures 'thrust' when there's no power applied.

O'course, maybe they do produce thrust with no power applied. Wouldn't THAT be interesting.

According to McCulloch

Quote:

"On moving towards the wide end of the cone, the photons are moving to a more energetic zero point field and so gain inertial mass due to MiHsC (yes, light has inertial mass, the Japanese have just tested a light sail: IKAROS). Going the other way the photons lose mass. The almighty cosmic accountant says "Oh dear! Net mass is going towards the right, so I'd better conserve momentum & move the emdrive to the left. Make it so!"."

End

Maybe after the switch is flipped on the EM drive, the cosmic accountant has more work to do as the Photons in the cavity are still in a none average, inertial mass "gradient" that must be normalised?

As photons normalise in the cavity (post switch off) they shed inertial mass leading to a "thrust" reading???

edit on 21-4-2016 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

That would be free energy and it be more than interesting cause a rewrite of physics.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

That would be free energy and it be more than interesting cause a rewrite of physics.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I think youve been dooped~ Zap Brannagin

Yeah the adherants to "laws of physics" are a testee bunch of sour grapes hedonism bot err I mean dyonisis doesnt really approve of just mention the transistor on a circuit and poof they vanish like vampires in a puff of smoke say youre the one stoned or if influential enough say your life is the one at stake by feeding zombies with no brains some line about separatism or say youre batty and try to order chemical lobotomies with yummy unknown action mixed with sheetrock to destroy your organs well anyhoo...

Impermance is also a law, and it trump cards all politics of science life is only a variable when applied to the conceptual... consistency is beyond concepts. Ethics is realizing we all cannot fit in the same boat unless we all work together for equality... beware the spokes people spouting belief outside of a relative moment as fact, ps some of them wink wink are relatives. Pps all sentient life forms are actually relatives... intelligence? capacity? containment? order? chaos? What containment protcols do you press to not lose your $h¡zzN^t?

Shared experience without ego attachments are hard to capitalize on... but damned if those wanting to feed dont keep jumping places in the chow line often enough to start laddling out the same soylent green that feeds people... Andrew sure tastes better with that home cooking on the otherside of that bill right? Concessions yeah they feed people same as conceptual knowledge whether real or not, dreamtime vs. wakefulness, and all those other happy go lucky extremes.

Letting parrots out of cages so all of this can be fun is a hobby I enjoy... is anyone is offended passion in life will guide you through it, factual hmmm wheres the proof but in liquor, pudding, and math. Well, the absolute has had many additions on a house always on fire... a singular point of light without orbit is called a star, one with a lot of gravity is a black hole... welcome with the darkness that once shadowed a white dwarf hard to see that golfball rolling around in space but damned if that shadow isnt enormous right? It does kungfu with all without even trying because its immovable from that ever so small speck of light or life in the void called the absolute and its not drunk when it knows its not the only one.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I cant find any information on how long this residual thrust effect lasts for...which is weird as looking for correlations between energy in and time duration of post power thrust would seem to be a good place to start.

Optical "Drive".

The theory is also being discussed in terms of Nanocavities forming an "optical" system (rather than an RF system) to act as a cavity resonator for "light waves" themselves with many times higher Q-Factor.

I tapped out at Interpolating entropy in Physics but that looks like a super efficient light drive off of them sci fi movies innit??

edit on 22-4-2016 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

When Tom Bearden saw output greater than input he declared "overunity! Give me 11 million dollars so I can commercialize it!"

When legitimate scientists and engineers see output greater than input, they wonder where they screwed up their measurements.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

When Tom Bearden saw output greater than input he declared "overunity! Give me 11 million dollars so I can commercialize it!"

When legitimate scientists and engineers see output greater than input, they wonder where they screwed up their measurements.

It's just odd that more than one group is seeing it. I'm more interested in the "thrust with no power" thing than its normal behavior.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

It's just odd that more than one group is seeing it. I'm more interested in the "thrust with no power" thing than its normal behavior.

Puthoff et.al. seem to think there is some sort of time based bleed off from the distorted inertial reference frame.

Happy to be corrected if this paper is not talking about a similar principle....

As far as I can google....Puthoff et. al. seem to be the grandfathers of this crazy talk.

edit on 22-4-2016 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone
Puthoff et.al. seem to think there is some sort of time based bleed off from the distorted reference frame.

Meh. Maybe it's a "Johnson noise rectifier" for virtual particles.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I didn't say it was a claim that gravity is a form of magnetism, but I did make that analogy because the claim that charge is some kind of "looped standing wave" seems the same to be from the perspective that it appears to be a brain fart that one cannot explain how it can be tested.

I cannot suggest a test. Folks working on string theory will eventually.

"...elementary particles travel as waves in quantum theory". That's from Lee Smolin, looped quantum gravity proponent.

edit on 22-4-2016 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
there is question any one to help me to follow (or not to follow)) my line of thinking:

Noob (complete) is here.

Say, hydrogen atom. When I imagine it I see a sphere. That sphere to my humble knowledge is made of layers. Core layer is positive proton cloud and outter layer is an electron cloud. These clouds have met and from now on are held together by electromagnetic force where, electron cloud overlap all around positive proton cloud.
Question, is it valid to picture H atom as a sphere?
Second question, why overlap instead of mixing electron cloud with proton cloud?
Third, with how I picture it where electron cloud layered around proton cloud, can and is electron cloud affect an opposite side of it through proton cloud? Does it penetrate it? Can negative connect to another negative directly through positive barrier?

thank you board!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: greenreflections

not too far off make it consume mass and produce helium, and you can walk outside in the day time noon is best look up and get blinded by a rather large one.

I thought Id answer this one since the other fellows are talking about thrust like when shes on top and rectifiying that "noise maker" on Johnson like asking for ball gags... its just a more comfortable position at the cat ladies house when they distract it off the bed with string.

Dont mind me im just the big black hole all the other lights have been bending around...

The EM drive they are currently speaking of, and the packets of light however and its measurement... can be researched right now as there is a recent public paper about packeting/pocketing photons using LEDs by trapping them in an opaque layer, increasing the spectrum by intensity by aiming at a particular spot when over lain with a white coating and output is measured... so if it is a real interest and if anyone wants to see that expected/actual graph about light outputs based on the Planck discussion take a dive? Search engines are your buddy. But it goes inline with the pocket/packet and reading on the EM drive as a resolution to the above discussions.

BTW did anyone see the huge bubble image from hubble? What gas do you suppose its blowing out and filling it with... now thats a huge pocket of space being stretched out so hmm what does one suppose the material is forming its boundary to bubble. Plasma of course... but yeah neato stuff.

Someone mentioned cataracts the ancient egyptians used to cure theirs by placing a drop of honey in the corners of their eyes and laying pharoh style, perhaps for some of that thrust that requires no power output. Too much sugar can lead to cataracts as many super saturation college experiments in various rodents have shown so hey switch to tea instead of coffee perhaps, Jean L Piccard prefers Earl Grey... paging Mr. Grey your book flopped, I dont know if Sir Stewart playing tiny flutes has any tie in to Gilligan no not the one with the skipper but the the Griffon one... dore no that was dorian and damnit there goes that circular thinking device again called interconnectedness. Time to make some bacon, and well porking has already been discussed.

is it trope or tripe?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

"It is what it is without help... help; just makes it something else."

What is this in reference to? I presume you waltzed out the womb in your present grand form

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Its a one line gatha about enlightenment, that irreversable step beyond the conceptual... or beyond that dream within a dream business or world of egos one has found oneself in once the baby music stops and thar be rules to hoist ones creative freedom bit by bit for "growing up". Shunryu sp? Suzuki has a nice book about Zen mind beginners mind... where all that creativity is there like when one was a child... much less discursive thinking in those days and more direct experience and happiness in simple things.

Of course, it is what is is... eludes to the undefined, that which is beyond concept or awakened mind without an ego that grasps at a self from attachments to name and form this is exactly why people suffer too, it is a learned limitation all concepts are empty like a shadow, build and dependent on something else in order to form a self and other association for agreement to affirm each others existence, when two people are so entangled with selves seeking that separation and validity of a self, they limit each other... stuck in a set of rules in an illusory world of self other dependent reality instead of actual reality that has no definition.

Thats where the actual freedom lay... the kicker is having been once so mired in that waltz of 1 2 3... 1 2 3... there arises a great compassion and empathy for those so attached grasping and suffering over needless complications. Every sense on fire burning attached and a mind swirling without reason, just an extreme of logic or an extreme of emotion and trying to solve only personal problems with a part time job helping others.

Unfortunately, words can only get someone so close beyond dogmatic words and concepts, as one must use concepts to say hey its all just concepts. They are just conditioning, and they only arise in name and form from that conditioning. There is just contact with phenonmena it needs no definition... I dont even think anymore all of my writing is automatic. Theres no need to label any of it to exist, no need to split conceptual hairs for a right or a wrong as that is just assertions of ego...

Not long ago a year ago perhaps, people were speaking of hitting a scientific dead end... and well, getting people excited and passionate about subjects they love or have an interest in brings happiness, and staring at a ladder others have built yeah of course, its going to look like no where else to climb... so hey blame the 14th Dalia Lama for asking for a merging of disciplines for positive human growth... that solves problems for more peace understanding and happiness.

I know I piss of a lot of establishment, that says hey we need to slow down and milk cows til it drys up like salt on a snail then dish more out... um no, thats just greed... and everything I share online is open source, Ive given away designs, inventions, all sorts of crap to help humanity... they come and go of course people are like oh no dont give stuff like that away, well if I open source it? how can anyone patent it all they can do is reproduce it... automatic equality. Now if I did go the greed route, there would be cause for investigations blah blah blah, complications of taxes etc I dont need... I live simply and I like simplicity... unfortunately I get hacket a lot and I mean a lot a computer bricks no more than 15 mintues after it is up even on setup Im virtual machined and clouded with iframes and all that jazz, its annoying but understandable... greed has a system and im not in it but boy do i get raped on non stop by those after fortune goes with the territory i guess.

Oh heres an invention I havent released yet, a personal life preserver... theres this device called a cracker people put nitrous oxide cartridges in roll a balloon on the end twist fill up the balloon then inhale it... laughing gas whatever. same deal but a highly visible/reflective fabric balloon packed in the end cartridge filled with helium and a clip... wole thing about the size of a small flashlight all fashionable and crap, single use one quick twist when in trouble, end cap blows off and the balloon inflates.

Tada thats the kind of thing I do and unfortunately kinda famous for it but dont want to be famous i like being an underground diy friends not fans sort... hopefully people that see the inventions etc I share and choose to make whatever I give the whole world, gives something back to the world community as charity from profits, like feeding hungry kids, sheltering the homeless, that sort of thing. If not thats not my concern but hey competition and brow beating on open source goes a long way against the misers wanting to be greedy. I of course encourage others to do the same to help the world, but hey their choice of course.

Talk about... Ask a question get a answer huh? Well, thanks for asking and to everyone else, sorry for a bit off topic of the thread... and for lightening the mood about things people take so seriously so its fun if its been a bit irritating to concept lovers taking science as religious truth, some take themselves and life too seriously but thats what therapy and health insurance is for I suppose, but before I digress... bye.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Ok, been a while. But I have a new question. How would a sample of Radium react under neutron bombardment from a 1 Curie AM241/BE source? Assuming the Radium sample is approximately 500 milliCurie.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

obviously pound the living crap out of the radium sample, since it is a radioactive sample it releases charge at a larger rate... those poor neutrons without a charge though. Good thing they arent conscious right... consciensious objectors, as we throw our conscious projectors at it. There obviously would be particle collisions and a vibration causing the radium to radiate at a much higher frequency than previous in its natural shedding state of decay, without a charge even though currie is a unit of heat the obvious shedding would build some as the bonds are articifically knocked off from an outside source... of course some radioactive containment would be a good idea if cancer isnt your friend, I smoke so obviously not concerned about that sort of thing though other may be tra la la any way... light and heat higher than the standard or an increase in radioactivity of the material.

For those wanting to visualize this its sort of like glass beading or soda blasting steam cleaning a surface to clean it of rust or some other debris. Obviously in that process different materials produce different effects of whats blasted and whhats getting blasted. There is of course a side effect virtually unseen on both materials on contact... and this just bounces back to the math further up on geometrical structures of order... the radium and chaos the neutron beam yes chaos because its un natural and just because someone is directing that chaos does not equate it to order just as an intention or purpose to do so... so we are all agents of chaos to the natural order when so applied to the natural world around us and the effect questionable by other agents of directed chaos.

Comical I assure you...
edit on 24-4-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone
Puthoff et.al. seem to think there is some sort of time based bleed off from the distorted reference frame.

Meh. Maybe it's a "Johnson noise rectifier" for virtual particles.

Just spent spare time over 3 days reading upon on Stochastic Electro-Dynamics via a rather large detour around lasers.
Got any more amusing imaginary technologies that sound a bit rude (for that other guy)?

"Brownian Motion Inverter" would have Big Bro Darkness in tangles.

top topics

<< 276  277  278    280  281  282 >>

join