It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very simple math proves the existance of God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

The Torah is endless in it's articulateness but for me and my dad in heaven i believe only true love, care and happiness prevails and is the true precursor of this world and can manifest the world as is.

Though, as he created it, there came another one, an evil one, who wanted to create a so called paradox within as to gain stature like my dad. Evil will and intents within man to make himself feel free because he felt good doing so.

Though. Math is the law... Only half the side of it prevails, so choose the good. Be the light of THE light and prevail rather than stand up for that is for a short while and never is not.

Pray for you friends. Words are math you know.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix

What say you ATS, could our present understanding of math and science back up and support the possible existence of God?

No.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

When will the podcast for this episode be available?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Check on Sunday. It's been a little hit and miss, but now that Nef's done with the Tour de France, he'll probably get it posted shortly.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen

Check on Sunday. It's been a little hit and miss, but now that Nef's done with the Tour de France, he'll probably get it posted shortly.

Thank you. I'll have to check it out. I'm interested to know what came of the discussion regarding this thread.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

My god. It's full of fail. Again.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

The discussion on the show?

I'm guessing that you didn't hear it, if that's your conclusion, because the most likely person to support the claim of the OP, me, rejected it.

edit on 18-7-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I like this thread and these kinds of discussions. I consider myself a deist. Thomas Aquinas makes a very convincing scientific argument for the existence of a "god" in his 5 Proofs.

I will have to disagree with the idea that scientists are atheists. Maybe some are, maybe some are not. I think any scientist worth their salt approaches these things more as an agnostic. Not knowing for sure either way and always remaining curious.
For a scientist to say "there is no god" would be very unscientific.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

The discussion on the show?

I'm guessing that you didn't hear it, if that's your conclusion, because the most likely person to support the claim of the OP, me, rejected it.

Naw. I haven't. Is it any good. Is there a rationalist position amongst the fray?

I almost feel it's subverting common sense to give any recognition at all to the conspiracist mindset, which is after all what permeates this place.

REASON BE DAMNED!

That's the usual motto..
edit on 18/7/2014 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: ..

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrPlow
I like this thread and these kinds of discussions. I consider myself a deist. Thomas Aquinas makes a very convincing scientific argument for the existence of a "god" in his 5 Proofs.

I will have to disagree with the idea that scientists are atheists. Maybe some are, maybe some are not. I think any scientist worth their salt approaches these things more as an agnostic. Not knowing for sure either way and always remaining curious.
For a scientist to say "there is no god" would be very unscientific.

For that (number of scientist that are atheist) we best use statistics rather then your guess. From top scientist in USA (this was data only for USA) only 7% believe in God. So to answer your question - no not all scientist are atheist, only 93% are, witch is... what... majority of them.

Dr. Tyson covered this topic in one of his speeches, you can watch it here:

What he points is true, we should ask our selves how come there are 7% 'scientist' (should the be even called that name) who believe God created earth and everything, even all data from their every day life shows opposite.

Scientist will never say 'There is no God!', but majority of them would say 'There is no proof of God's existence, or any handy work claims what he did!'. (same goes for most of claims from Bible or Qur'an, or any other 'Holy Book'.
edit on 18-7-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog
Scientists also would never say "There is also not proof that god doesn't exist"

Again, a true scientist would say "we don't know...let's use what we have available to find out!"

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Is it any good. Is there a rationalist position amongst the fray?

You can hear old shows here: Reality Remix Rewind Player and judge for yourself. I think that, for the most part, it's a fairly rational show (though I am a theist, I consider myself a "theistic skeptic", believing that most supernatural/paranormal stuff is nonsense.)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Scientists also would never say "There is also not proof that god doesn't exist"

Again, a true scientist would say "we don't know...let's use what we have available to find out!"

Have you ever heard of the term Agnostic Atheist?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

not all scientist are atheist, only 93% are

What survey are you citing?

Pew's numbers are very different that yours:

According to the poll, just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power; specifically, 33% of scientists say they believe in God, while 18% believe in a universal spirit or higher power. (Source)

93% of scientists being atheists is a highly suspect number.

And you do know that Tyson is an agnostic, not an atheist, right? lol

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Atheist and agnostic are not mutually exclusive terms.

ETA - This link (www.illustrial.net...) does not work for me. Just keeps trying to update something but never gets there.. Maybe one of my scriptblockers is stopping it, but given the terrible (as in absolutely awful) amount of virulent adware associated with this site I do not feel safe in disenableing my safeguards. So I will sit this one out, in safety, thanks very much.
edit on 18/7/2014 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: Sigh... do I even need a reason?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

True, but Tyson seems pretty adamant about not be labelled an atheist. Can't say as I blame him -- though I am a Christian, the behaviour of some of my fellow "believers" often makes me wish that I wasn't labelled with them.

ETA - This link (www.illustrial.net…) does not work for me.

It's a Flash based player, if you don't have Flash, you can download the shows directly as MP3s here:

ETA: lol, ATS won't even link to its own archives. Alternative link: preview.tinyurl.com...

edit on 18-7-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

When talking about existence in science, the default is non existence, until objective evidence is found to support the said phenomena. People don't need to prove god (or anything else) doesn't exist, they only need to prove that he does. When there is absolutely zero objective evidence of god in science, god is not factored into any theories or equations. That's just the way it works. There are millions of possible things that could exist. Science deals with what can be verified. Most atheists are agnostic, btw and would be willing to revise their views should actual evidence be discovered. There are some hardcore atheists that wouldn't be convinced no matter what, but they are quite rare.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

True, but Tyson seems pretty adamant about not be labelled an atheist. Can't say as I blame him -- though I am a Christian, the behaviour of some of my fellow "believers" often makes me wish that I wasn't labelled with them.

I think he is protecting his career. If he were to come out and directly state he was atheist he would immediately negate a huge portion of his potential market.

ETA - This link (www.illustrial.net…) does not work for me.
It's a Flash based player, if you don't have Flash, you can download the shows directly as MP3s here:

ETA: lol, ATS won't even link to its own archives. Alternative link: preview.tinyurl.com...

Will listen to the MP3 over the weekend. Thanks for the link.
edit on 18/7/2014 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: ..

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MrPlow

No, a true scientist is a skeptic about anything that can't be verified through evidence or repeatable experimentation. Faith doesn't play a role in what the data presents.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

not all scientist are atheist, only 93% are

What survey are you citing?

Pew's numbers are very different that yours:

According to the poll, just over half of scientists (51%) believe in some form of deity or higher power; specifically, 33% of scientists say they believe in God, while 18% believe in a universal spirit or higher power. (Source)

93% of scientists being atheists is a highly suspect number.

And you do know that Tyson is an agnostic, not an atheist, right? lol

Follow video above and you will see that is 7% of TOP scientist who believe in God. That 'top' scientist would be someone who is top in their fields and are members of academy of science.

In my opinion, it is just play of words and even Tyson himself not wanting to be labeled IMHO has nothing to do with his belief, but rather reaction of surrounding. It is hard to be labeled atheist in country where even with best education people end up uneducated and in some cases not even knowing what countries surround USA...

Some links:

www.stephenjaygould.org...

answers.yahoo.com...
edit on 18-7-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join