It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very simple math proves the existance of God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a "In The Beginning, There Was Nothing
ore nothing is an miss-translation for god
ore it was an fact..so there was not even god
soooo simple!!reply to: signalfire

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Watchfull
200 year old book of fairy tales + gullible = religious fanatic

which book is that? and who gave you the stars?

hawking said, "because there is a law of gravity, the universe can and will make itself out of nothing."
The Grand Design.

can anyone figure the logic of that out?

S&F OP.

What say you ATS, could our present understanding of math and science back up and support the possible existence of God?

of course it can.

since science cannot explain how the universe started or why.
they get all twisted up, like stephen.

and it is said that there are only 2 options to pick from, God or science.
one "side" already has their answer.

edit on 3127047631am2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere
a reply to: solomons path

So.... Are you suggesting evolution?

Or that we " just happened" ?

The OP is talking about the universe "coming from nothing" . . . So, this isn't a thread about biological evolution. Please don't conflate the two.

The YouTube vid this comes from was entitled "Atheist's nightmare" (or something like that). . . because this preacher thinks he pulled a "stumper". I already explained why his line of reasoning makes absolutely no sense and why it's sophistry wrapped in a straw man. He also can't claim "proof" . . . when there is absolutely none presented. His whole premise rests in a misunderstanding (or more likely intentional misrepresentation) of what cosmology and the Big Bang state.

Also, I'm not sure what your "understanding" of "evolution" is . . . but, that theory doesn't not claim that things "just happened" either.

When people claim things "can't be true" . . . it helps the argument when they actually know what they are talking about. Saying things like "something can't come from nothing" or "things didn't just happen" just demonstrates that he/you/whoever don't even understand the theories that are being attacked.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: solomons path

You pretty much explained everything that you need to know about the OP. I just couldn't believe that it took until the end of page 1 before anyone noticed the obvious strawman in the OP's source. Nowhere in the Big Bang theory does it state that the universe came from nothing. The singularity that existed before the Big Bang consisted of EVERYTHING in the universe. It's not nothing. It's everything. But at the same time, we don't know what that means or how it interacted. So we just say we don't know. Then religious types try to pretend that is the same as the beginning. No that is just the furthest back in time that we can look.

@OP: I don't see any math involved in these concepts. I see flawed reasoning followed by philosophical reasoning described in math format, but I don't see any math being performed here to prove God.
edit on 12-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Starred! I agree to a point!

So what is god mathematically speaking? ... 100% right .. its everything .. OMNIPRESENCE etc.

If God is and has to be 100% [anything less is not God] ... and 0% can be inverted logically using the NOT function [note it IS a function and actually works in the real world] then ...

0% NOT = 100%

This ^^^ is maths and is logical and gets something from nothing and that IS GOD like!

Now please show me where my maths is wrong!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Yep, I'm afraid I agree with Solomon's Path and Krazyshot above, the whole Athiests Nightmare thing is based on a complete misunderstanding of maths and physics. There is no simple maths that proves God, it all rests on a fundemental failure to understand the science behind the Big Bang.

Which is understandable, I mean, that's some complicated science and maths right there.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

0% not does not equal 100%

it equals any value except 0

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

The not function represents duality. Either something exists, or it doesn't. Reality, as we know it, does not exist in duality. There is never a point where something STOPS being one thing and directly becomes its opposite. There are no points where hot becomes cold, not to mention relatively in the universe any temperature you experience on earth is pretty cold compared to some of the temperatures that stars achieve.

Your math is also flawed because you are mixing philosophy into it. You make the assumption that god is everything. We don't know who or what god really is. In math there are no assumptions for variables. The equation HAS to work for ANY value of the variable. Therefore, just like in reality you are forcing a two answer approach by assuming a value for the variable.

You are basically saying X = God and Y = not God. Then writing the equation !Y. Well yes the math works out, but you don't need to be fancy to say that 1 equals 1 and that is all this "equation" in the op is doing.

ETA: Since there are is no way to know how many variable are involved with who or what god is, the answer to the math equation is undetermined or I don't know. But I'm agnostic and don't like to call myself atheist.
edit on 12-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
nobody + nothing = everything only works if there was a place of nobody and nothing leading to the everything we have.

One problem with this theory is 1/0, or an undefined infinite in which there is no nobody and no nothing.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
Now, this brings up an interesting point.. How can all we are and all we have come from nothing when even Math doesn't allow that to happen?

interestingly, information never originates from matter alone.
no matter what informational system you look at, it can ALLWAYS be traced back to an intelligence.
that is a well known fact in the IT, and not even metaphers like the shakespear-ape infinity example works without an "ape" being responsible for the creation of information in the first place.
yet we totally ignore this as soonish as its somehow applicant to ourself, since we MUST exclude any "devine intelligence" from our construct at all costs...

wich is sort of illogical, considering this statement:

"All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter."
Max Planck

now i would say freakin max planck kew darn well what hes been talking about, after a lifetime of studying physics.

edit on 12-7-2014 by Dolour because: moar typos

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dolour

Starred!

I fully agree that Logic as an abstract idea exists outside time and space and preexisted the big bang singularity!

If it didn't then anything could illogically happen!

edit on 12/7/2014 by DietJoke because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
But as soon as you prove the existence of god he ceases to exist

edit on 12-7-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hasn't this thread been posted umpteen times already? Rehash of a rehash of a repost of a repost...and it will end exactly the same way as all the others.

Also, 'nobody+nothing=everything' is ridiculous, but 'nobody+nothing= god' is perfectly rational? Gimme a break.
edit on 12-7-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555

guess its the way you look at it, many atheists don't believe in the big bang theory.
-tho I'm not an atheist, in definitive terms..

Confused, why would believing or not believing in the big bang theory have anything to do with being an atheist? I'm not aware of an atheist guide book that sets out rules on such things.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

originally posted by: Watchfull
200 year old book of fairy tales + gullible = religious fanatic

which book is that? and who gave you the stars?

hawking said, "because there is a law of gravity, the universe can and will make itself out of nothing."
The Grand Design.

can anyone figure the logic of that out?

S&F OP.

What say you ATS, could our present understanding of math and science back up and support the possible existence of God?

of course it can.

since science cannot explain how the universe started or why.
they get all twisted up, like stephen.

and it is said that there are only 2 options to pick from, God or science.
one "side" already has their answer.

An internet user on a conspiracy forum criticizing a world renowned physicist on his own area of expertise. But you won't do it to his face, will you?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
Also, 'nobody+nothing=everything' is ridiculous, but 'nobody+nothing= god' is perfectly rational? Gimme a break.

absolutely not!
nobody+nothing=void thefore its gotta be someone+something=everything, or we wouldnt exist.
NUll+NULL will allways result in NULL.

the assumption is, that only cause we cant measure the factors involved, doesent mean they dont exist.

edit on 12-7-2014 by Dolour because: moar typos

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

No - which came first the chicken or the egg? Did someone create a chicken whole or an egg whole - which is the Divine creation that started the whole chicken/egg thing?

Read some basic general systems (The MacroScope by Joel de Rosnay which can be found online in it's entirety at pespmc1.vub.ac.be...) is an excellent introduction. "The Web of Life" by Fritoj Capra is also good.

Systems - things 'emerge' from the greater system. They are designed independently by a 'creator' and inserted into an existing framework.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix

originally posted by: pirhanna
1+1 = 2 therefor God. *Rolls Eyes* You are entitled to your opinion but its just that, not science or math.
Please move this thread to the appropriate forum.

LOL.. This Is in the right forum. This is not a thread about god or religion but about math/science. It seems you didn't read my opening post very carefully. If i wanted to have a scientific thread about rocks would you suggest we create a rocks sub forum instead? LOL Seriously folks...

It barely qualifies as math. It's the equivalent of a failed homework assignment. "See Me After Class" quality work. At least it's not your math, just something you're passing along.

edit on 12-7-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The equation is wrong. Humans did not come from nothing. As Carl Sagan once said, we are star stuff. The same elements that make up the universe and what went into the creation of us. All the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, etc. etc. etc.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix/***00000---poo=++-
Is easy to prove that something can be done from nothing. Go to a quiet place, close your eyes. What do you see? Nothing, right? Then open them. And Voila!!! All of a sudden there is everything.
Quantum theory reveals that God exist. If a particle floats freely in space, with nothing around. Does that particle know it exist? The particle does not know it, because there is no reference. Until it realizes his own existence. Then everything became evident.
Conciousness is the key.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join