It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten-year-old 'raped for revenge on orders of village chief in India'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadeWolf
And this is why India was better off under colonial rule, like most of the other former British colonies. Yeah, there were atrocities committed by the colonial governments, but in a case like this? You better believe everyone involved would be hanged before the week is out.

Oh yea i guess Britishers molesting Raping and killing people in millions is better . Staying blind and ignorant to the crimes in your own country and talking smack at other countries works wonders . The holier than thou attitudes of people here are disgusting and shameful .

Seems like ATS is on a mission to totally dehumanize certain cultures and communities by this constant one sided reporting of domestic problems in one country while forgetting your own domestic issues .

www.nytimes.com...

www.theguardian.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.theguardian.com...

www.mirror.co.uk...

edit on 12-7-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Liptoni totally agree with you if they used my child this way i would be offering my new show to natinal geographic swimming with the crocodiles ganges river addition guess what i would use for my swim crew.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

And this is why India was better off under colonial rule, like most of the other former British colonies. Yeah, there were atrocities committed by the colonial governments, but in a case like this? You better believe everyone involved would be hanged before the week is out.

Oh yea i guess Britishers molesting Raping and killing people in millions is better . Staying blind and ignorant to the crimes in your own country and talking smack at other countries works wonders . The holier than thou attitudes of people here are disgusting and shameful .

Seems like ATS is on a mission to totally dehumanize certain cultures and communities by this constant one sided reporting of domestic problems in one country while forgetting your own domestic issues .

www.nytimes.com...

www.theguardian.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.theguardian.com...

www.mirror.co.uk...

Couldn't have put it better Maddy....Holier than thou attitude, with complete ignorance about ground reality in their own country, forget the world....Is this what majority of the Yanks here are like?

So sad, really, if this is the representation of such a great nation.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Sorry everyone, had a very busy weekend and haven't had a chance to look at all the new posts. Will reply tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Couldn't have put it better Maddy....Holier than thou attitude, with complete ignorance about ground reality in their own country, forget the world....Is this what majority of the Yanks here are like?

Of course rapes occur in the UK and US, but I cannot think of a single case in either country where a judge sentences a 10 year old to be raped.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

Of course rapes occur in the UK and US, but I cannot think of a single case in either country where a judge sentences a 10 year old to be raped.

GO Check your facts , he was not even remotely a Judge . He was a self imposed Judge not part of high court or supreme court ... and not even remotly related to any govt. agency
edit on 15-7-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

GO Check your facts , he was not even remotely a Judge . He was a self imposed Judge not part of high court or supreme court ... and not even remotly related to any govt. agency

Semantics. He was given authority to judge cases by the people of his village. If the villagers don't believe that he is doing a good job then his power can be stripped and most likely easier than a judge that has the backing of a government.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx
a reply to: Cruff

Same # goes on in your country, just replace village chief with pastor, minister, father, Rabi, or any other religious leader.

I have no doubt of that sadly.

As I mentioned, there is a global problem with this sort of thing.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ok, i've read all the comments on here...

For the record, I am not saying all Indians think this sort of thing is right. And I don't mean that the entire culture is disgusting. I don't have statistics on me but go and watch Ross kemps show about this and you will see how widespread it is and how hard it is for people to get real justice.

At the end of the day, call this what you will...babies, girls and women are being raped and killed in huge numbers and that disgusts me.

Yes, it happens a lot in other countries (I am in Australia) but that os not the point of this thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

Semantics. He was given authority to judge cases by the people of his village. If the villagers don't believe that he is doing a good job then his power can be stripped and most likely easier than a judge that has the backing of a government.

How is that different from priests in Vatican being involved in Pedophilia ? Should i also paint whole Christianity now ? Point being He was not a Judge and he had no legal Authority to do what he did .
edit on 16-7-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cruff

For the record, I am not saying all Indians think this sort of thing is right. And I don't mean that the entire culture is disgusting. I don't have statistics on me but go and watch Ross kemps show about this and you will see how widespread it is and how hard it is for people to get real justice.

At the end of the day, call this what you will...babies, girls and women are being raped and killed in huge numbers and that disgusts me.

Yes, it happens a lot in other countries (I am in Australia) but that is not the point of this thread.

Rapes happen everywhere , especially in western countries . This is just another stereotype to Dehumanize Cultures and people by showing only the evils of the society . Muslims are terrorists, Indians are Rapists , Chinese are Child killing copycats so on and so forth . Keep your Ignorance and your Holier than thou attitude and go fix your problems in your own country . Considering the links i posted the problems in west are far far far worse than those in the east .

I am more disgusted about the attitude of people here , Freaking Disgusting people who ever wanted said they wanted to " recolonize India " to Generalizing an entire community of population 1.2 billion to be "Disgusting". Either you people are incredibly rude people or you folks are incredibly stupid.

This Behavior of folks in the west is exactly why many people are starting to Hate the western nations .

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Yes, it happens a lot in other countries (I am in Australia) but that is not the point of this thread.

Rapes happen everywhere , especially in western countries . This is just another stereotype to Dehumanize Cultures and people by showing only the evils of the society . Muslims are terrorists, Indians are Rapists , Chinese are Child killing copycats so on and so forth . Keep your Ignorance and your Holier than thou attitude and go fix your problems in your own country . Considering the links i posted the problems in west are far far far worse than those in the east .

I am more disgusted about the attitude of people here , Freaking Disgusting people who ever wanted said they wanted to " recolonize India " to Generalizing an entire community of population 1.2 billion to be "Disgusting". Either you people are incredibly rude people or you folks are incredibly stupid.

This Behavior of folks in the west is exactly why many people are starting to Hate the western nations .

Wow.....

How about you calm down and talk like an adult instead of calling me ignorant and holier than thou! You don't know anything about me or the friends and family I have so don't think about playing the race card here.

I didn't say anything about recolonizing anywhere so stop painting people with all the same brush.

We're talking about India here and not every country - otherwise this thread would be a million pages long and list all the atrocities every country has done, will do and contemplates doing.

I am not dehumanizing anyone and I never said that all Indians rape children and women...

I said was that the behaviour was disgusting and it needs a massive effort to stop it happening. Sure, it happens everywhere but as I just said above I am talking about this particular example.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

How is that different from priests in Vatican being involved in Pedophilia ? Should i also paint whole Christianity now ? Point being He was not a Judge and he had no legal Authority to do what he did .

There has been a pretty loud, worldwide condemnation over the atrocities committed by the Catholic church (and rightfully so). Your argument that the priest raping the child and the village judge sentencing a 10 year old to be raped are not the same thing. Both are atrocious actions, but one is a man raping a child and in this case a man, in front of an audience, is given permission to rape a child as punishment.

An assembly of elders was then convene to determine the husband’s punishment for his violence. The families of the victims and attackers alike were then summoned to a meeting where the village chief allegedly ruled that the attacker rape the ten-year-old girl to avenge his beating.

Are you really saying that the two are equitable?

Also worth mentioning, in India the squeaky wheel often becomes a target for violence due to their demands for justice....Rape victim's mother beaten to force her to drop charges in India

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Cruff

I tell ya....there needs to be some serious vigilante justice of a massive order over there and MASSIVE education of boys to show them how to treat and respect women so this damn cycle can stop once and for all. ARRRRRRRGH!!

I think you need to get a little perspective on the situation. What makes you think it is a problem that just India is facing.

Lets compare it to a Western world country..

Rape:

United States, 66.5 per 100,000

India 2.0 per 100,000....

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

It's not just India that faces this problem and I don't disagree that other countries have a serious problem with it.

This particular case just really got to me (and others by the look of it) so wanted to let people know about it.

The whole world needs to respect women and treat them well.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: Atreya
a reply to: projectbane
I hate to tell you , but America largest immigrant population are Indians . Maybe South Americans are about to surpass that . I think in both cultures that women are not treated too nicely

I'm thinking Mexicans.
whoop whoop! This is just sick imo.
edit on 16-7-2014 by jjsr420 because: typo!

edit on 16-7-2014 by jjsr420 because: typo!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

a reply to: purplemer

It's not just India that faces this problem and I don't disagree that other countries have a serious problem with it.

This particular case just really got to me (and others by the look of it) so wanted to let people know about it.

The whole world needs to respect women and treat them well.

These problems will go away as more people are educated and are given better standard of living and with a strong govt. , also a very well educated populace with access to information things will change . Already India's Conviction rate when it comes to Rape is 27% which has been steadily increasing . Things will get better slowly and steadily . This is not a new problem, it has existed for ages . These problems are coming , being exposed and people are being punished

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Wow.....

How about you calm down and talk like an adult instead of calling me ignorant and holier than thou! You don't know anything about me or the friends and family I have so don't think about playing the race card here.

I didn't say anything about recolonizing anywhere so stop painting people with all the same brush.

We're talking about India here and not every country - otherwise this thread would be a million pages long and list all the atrocities every country has done, will do and contemplates doing.

I am not dehumanizing anyone and I never said that all Indians rape children and women...

I said was that the behaviour was disgusting and it needs a massive effort to stop it happening. Sure, it happens everywhere but as I just said above I am talking about this particular example.

Post deleted as i confused general folks as moderators ( my apologies) . This Gross generation only happens when anyone not belonging to west is involved . If you are not seeing whats happening in first two pages either you are blind or you are willingly ignoring whats going on .

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Of course you people are , why don't you read the first couple of comments with even moderators saying disrespecting women is our "culture" .

Could you point to the post(s) where that was said?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Of course you people are , why don't you read the first couple of comments with even moderators saying disrespecting women is our "culture" .

Could you point to the post(s) where that was said?

There is a particular post of yours where you say " maybe we don't consider girls humans" . but other than that the entire first page is in a desperate attempt to relate Rape with Culture . I deleted my above comments regarding mods as i am hoping you are specifying the individuals in the community/village rather than "those people" as in we in India ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join