It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians vs ISIS: Hypocrisy or Convenient Selective Memory?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yes, and in this case, it's ISIS because they're killing Shia, Sunni and Sufi ... so it's pretty poor fun for any Muslim who doesn't follow their way.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Oh, so you're being "brave" and doing this to prove some mythical point to yourself.

You could actually care less about anything other than your own self-confirming bias. So, since you are so right, why did you even bother?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

YAY! I'm on yet another watch list!

In all seriousness, I've studied psychology, theology and comparative religion for many years before choosing my path. I think the most important thing I learned was that all true peaceful religions are merely different roads to the same destination and one is not more right or wrong than another. By "true peaceful religions", I mean the ones that don't go around murdering people who don't hold the same beliefs. It's so sad that so many people can go militant in the name of religion.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LrdRedhawk
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

YAY! I'm on yet another watch list!

In all seriousness, I've studied psychology, theology and comparative religion for many years before choosing my path. I think the most important thing I learned was that all true peaceful religions are merely different roads to the same destination and one is not more right or wrong than another. By "true peaceful religions", I mean the ones that don't go around murdering people who don't hold the same beliefs. It's so sad that so many people can go militant in the name of religion.

In other words, you don't have any religion or any real belief because there isn't a single faith tradition where someone hasn't sought power and control and hasn't murdered someone in its name at some point in time. It is human nature.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, so you're being "brave" and doing this to prove some mythical point to yourself.

You could actually care less about anything other than your own self-confirming bias. So, since you are so right, why did you even bother?

If you care to elaborate on how you came to that conclusion, I'd be more than happy to answer your questions.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

All this "history" makes me wonder.....When did the Vatican have their "come to Jesus moment"? When did the Vatican repent? When was the Vatican Baptized? When did the Vatican become "reborn"?

We can see changes in individuals when they "find religion". I have yet to see any redemption coming from that body of Christ.

edit on 10-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Not that it matters at this point, especially regarding current events, and only if discussing history, but..

I call into evidence the Battle of Yarmouk, August 636 A.D.

en.wikipedia.org...
"The Battle of Yarmouk (Arabic: معركة اليرموك‎, also spelled Yarmuk, Yarmuq or, in Greek, Hieromyax, Ἱερομύαξ, or Iermouchas, Ιερμουχάς) was a major battle between the Muslim Arab forces of the Rashidun Caliphate and the armies of the Eastern Roman Empire. The battle consisted of a series of engagements that lasted for six days in August 636, near the Yarmouk River, along what is today the border between Syria and Jordan, south-east of the Sea of Galilee. The result of the battle was a complete Muslim victory which ended Byzantine rule in Syria. The Battle of Yarmouk is regarded as one of the most decisive battles in military history,[5][6] and it marked the first great wave of Islamic conquests after the death of prophet Muhammad, heralding the rapid advance of Islam into the then Christian Levant."

and also,

www.provethebible.net...
(informative historical information on various Jihads waged in early Islam)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join