It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians vs ISIS: Hypocrisy or Convenient Selective Memory?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Let's start by taking a look at the definition of "hypocrisy"...

"hy·poc·ri·sy: the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform."

That being cleared up, it yanks my chain to see the flood of Christians everywhere condemning the radical religious jihad group ISIS for running amok, killing everyone in their path who doesn't hold the same religious views as they do and destroying biblical history, churches and mosques in the Middle East.

I don't condone the killing of any human being because of their personal beliefs and I am vehemently against the behavior of ISIS. They are nothing more than a sick mob that has been infected with some form of group insanity that makes them feel justified in their actions, even though they clearly go against any sane human being's moral compass.

Sounds like another group of people we all know so well, doesn't it? I see absolutely no "PEACE and LOVE" in "HYPOCRISY and MURDER"! So, to all the Christians out there who are complaining about being attacked by ISIS, take a sobering look at this and don't forget your own history...

How many people have died in the name of Christ, Christianity and Catholicism?

VICTIMS OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH

"WONDERFUL EVENTS THAT TESTIFY TO GOD'S DIVINE GLORY"

Listed are only events that solely occurred on command of church authorities or were committed in the name of Christianity. (List incomplete)

Ancient Pagans

As soon as Christianity was legal (315), more and more pagan temples were destroyed by Christian mob. Pagan priests were killed.
Between 315 and 6th century thousands of pagan believers were slain.
Examples of destroyed Temples: the Sanctuary of Aesculap in Aegaea, the Temple of Aphrodite in Golgatha, Aphaka in Lebanon, the Heliopolis.
Christian priests such as Mark of Arethusa or Cyrill of Heliopolis were famous as "temple destroyer." [DA468]
Pagan services became punishable by death in 356. [DA468]
Christian Emperor Theodosius (408-450) even had children executed, because they had been playing with remains of pagan statues. [DA469]
According to Christian chroniclers he "followed meticulously all Christian teachings..."
In 6th century pagans were declared void of all rights.
In the early fourth century the philosopher Sopatros was executed on demand of Christian authorities. [DA466]
The world famous female philosopher Hypatia of Alexandria was torn to pieces with glass fragments by a hysterical Christian mob led by a Christian minister named Peter, in a church, in 415.
[DO19-25]

Mission

Emperor Karl (Charlemagne) in 782 had 4500 Saxons, unwilling to convert to Christianity, beheaded. [DO30]
Peasants of Steding (Germany) unwilling to pay suffocating church taxes: between 5,000 and 11,000 men, women and children slain 5/27/1234 near Altenesch/Germany. [WW223]
Battle of Belgrad 1456: 80,000 Turks slaughtered. [DO235]
15th century Poland: 1019 churches and 17987 villages plundered by Knights of the Order. Victims unknown. [DO30]
16th and 17th century Ireland. English troops "pacified and civilized" Ireland, where only Gaelic "wild Irish", "unreasonable beasts lived without any knowledge of God or good manners, in common of their goods, cattle, women, children and every other thing." One of the more successful soldiers, a certain Humphrey Gilbert, half-brother of Sir Walter Raleigh, ordered that "the heddes of all those (of what sort soever thei were) which were killed in the daie, should be cutte off from their bodies... and should bee laied on the ground by eche side of the waie", which effort to civilize the Irish indeed caused "greate terrour to the people when thei sawe the heddes of their dedde fathers, brothers, children, kinsfolke, and freinds on the grounde".
Tens of thousands of Gaelic Irish fell victim to the carnage. [SH99, 225]

Crusades (1095-1291)

First Crusade: 1095 on command of pope Urban II. [WW11-41]
Semlin/Hungary 6/24/96 thousands slain. Wieselburg/Hungary 6/12/96 thousands. [WW23]
9/9/96-9/26/96 Nikaia, Xerigordon (then turkish), thousands respectively. [WW25-27]
Until Jan 1098 a total of 40 capital cities and 200 castles conquered (number of slain unknown) [WW30]
after 6/3/98 Antiochia (then turkish) conquered, between 10,000 and 60,000 slain. 6/28/98 100,000 Turks (incl. women & children) killed. [WW32-35]
Here the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents—save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres. [EC60]
Marra (Maraat an-numan) 12/11/98 thousands killed. Because of the subsequent famine "the already stinking corpses of the enemies were eaten by the Christians" said chronicler Albert Aquensis. [WW36]
Jerusalem conquered 7/15/1099 more than 60,000 victims (jewish, muslim, men, women, children). [WW37-40]
(In the words of one witness: "there [in front of Solomon's temple] was such a carnage that our people were wading ankle-deep in the blood of our foes", and after that "happily and crying for joy our people marched to our Saviour's tomb, to honour it and to pay off our debt of gratitude")
The Archbishop of Tyre, eye-witness, wrote: "It was impossible to look upon the vast numbers of the slain without horror; everywhere lay fragments of human bodies, and the very ground was covered with the blood of the slain. It was not alone the spectacle of headless bodies and mutilated limbs strewn in all directions that roused the horror of all who looked upon them. Still more dreadful was it to gaze upon the victors themselves, dripping with blood from head to foot, an ominous sight which brought terror to all who met them. It is reported that within the Temple enclosure alone about ten thousand infidels perished." [TG79]
Christian chronicler Eckehard of Aura noted that "even the following summer in all of palestine the air was polluted by the stench of decomposition". One million victims of the first crusade alone. [WW41]
Battle of Askalon, 8/12/1099. 200,000 heathens slaughtered "in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ". [WW45]
Fourth crusade: 4/12/1204 Constantinople sacked, number of victims unknown, numerous thousands, many of them Christian. [WW141-148]
Rest of Crusades in less detail: until the fall of Akkon 1291 probably 20 million victims (in the Holy land and Arab/Turkish areas alone). [WW224]

Note: All figures according to contemporary (Christian) chroniclers.

Due to the post size limit on ATS, it is impossible to show the entire list. Feel free to go to the link below to see the rest of the list which includes millions more who were murdered in the name of Christianity, including Heretics, Witches, Religious Wars, Jews, Native Peoples, 20th Century Church Atrocities and more.

VICTIMS OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
That was then this is NOW.

Any who nice rant.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yes, Christianity has been spread by the sword in the past.

Islam spread that way from the start, by their great prophet Mohummad. It apparently still spreads that way.

If you like your head, you can keep your head.... as long as you belong to the right Islamic sect!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Religion has always been a prime motivator for warfare. Always has been, and always will be. I don't care for any one religion, as they all have blood on their hands.

That said, i wouldn't mind seeing these guys resurrected to combat radical Islamists:

Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue.
Doesn't matter though. Muslims already consider their wars against the West to be Jihads. Having an order capable of taking the fight directly to extremists would be pretty handy, i must admit.

edit on 10-7-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

It's great to bring up history for the historical aspect and perhaps show what was good and what was bad and perhaps use it as a learning experience to better the future, but to bring up history as proof to show how a current "group" is the same as they were in the past is nothing more than a lame attempt to bash a group you disagree with.

We can change what is now, but we sure as hell can't change anything from the past!

Especially when none of us were even alive at that point in history.......

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Here it is..
It doesn't matter what the people of any religious group did hundreds or thousands of years ago when regarding current events. What currently matters is what's currently going on and who is currently doing it.

Pow! Right in the kisser.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The Crusaders were as much Christian, as those in ISIS are Muslim. They were and are both radical extremists and in no way represent what Christianity and Islam is about.

Not really that difficult to understand.
edit on 7/10/2014 by EternalSolace because: Clarity

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Point taken.

People have been doing horrible things to each other for centuries. So when it happens now, just shut yer yap and take it.

Good strategy.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
In all seriousness though, at least the Christians have managed to learn from their past. Islam continues to experience violence, not only against other religions, but itself.

There needs to be a unified response from the moderate Muslim community, in order to defeat radical extremists and usher in a new, peaceful age. This won't happen so long as Islamic extremists are running around, beheading people due to the beliefs of which they hold.
edit on 10-7-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LrdRedhawk
it yanks my chain to see the flood of Christians everywhere condemning the radical religious jihad group ISIS ...

Why does it 'yank your chain' when people state the truth .. the ISIS people are mass murdering and destructive. They are un-evolved and are doing evil. That's the truth. So sorry that the truth 'yanks your chain'.

ETA .. oh, and it's not just Christians who are discussing the evil that ISIS is doing. It's Muslims and Jews and Atheists and Hindus and everyone else.

take a sobering look at this and don't forget your own history...

Christians are well aware of their ancient history. So what? The people who did those things have been dead for a thousand years. Christianity has evolved. This is 2014 AD.. not 1000 AD. To turn a blind eye to what is happening now would be wrong.

edit on 7/10/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

If you applied the same logic to everything in life, you'd be supporting anarchy and chaos. Humanity is flawed, humanity is imperfect, and humanity has a history of screw ups. GET OVER IT AND LIVE IN THE PRESENT.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What is so wrong with hipocracy? With out it our morals would not be in tact. We were all born into sin. The urge to do something right should not be looked down on.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Christians hey, those who are supposed to be judged by their fruit, fruit of the Spirit

Galatians 5:22-23New International Version - UK (NIVUK)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

I can assure you many call themselves Christians, but their actions clearly show otherwise.

Its a bit like saying all atheists are like Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot

Not very reasoned, really, is it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
"Ancient history"? "Living in the past"? Seriously? Again comes uninformed judgments without any research or knowledge of facts of even RECENT history. "Selective Memory". I have nothing against anyone's religion and I did not create the history. As I stated, I have plenty against hypocrites and insane religious genocidists.

From the link in the OP:

20th Century Church Atrocities

Catholic extermination camps
Surpisingly few know that Nazi extermination camps in World War II were by no means the only ones in Europe at the time. In the years 1942-1943 also in Croatia existed numerous extermination camps, run by Catholic Ustasha under their dictator Ante Paveli, a practising Catholic and regular visitor to the then pope. There were even concentration camps exclusively for children!

In these camps - the most notorious was Jasenovac, headed by a Franciscan friar - orthodox-Christian serbians (and a substantial number of Jews) were murdered. Like the Nazis the Catholic Ustasha burned their victims in kilns, alive (the Nazis were decent enough to have their victims gassed first). But most of the victims were simply stabbed, slain or shot to death, the number of them being estimated between 300,000 and 600,000, in a rather tiny country. Many of the killers were Franciscan friars. The atrocities were appalling enough to induce bystanders of the Nazi "Sicherheitsdient der SS", watching, to complain about them to Hitler (who did not listen). The pope knew about these events and did nothing to prevent them. [MV]
Catholic terror in Vietnam
In 1954 Vietnamese freedom fighters - the Viet Minh - had finally defeated the French colonial government in North Vietnam, which by then had been supported by U.S. funds amounting to more than $2 billion. Although the victorious assured religious freedom to all (most non-buddhist Vietnamese were Catholics), due to huge anticommunist propaganda campaigns many Catholics fled to the South. With the help of Catholic lobbies in Washington and Cardinal Spellman, the Vatican's spokesman in U.S. politics, who later on would call the U.S. forces in Vietnam "Soldiers of Christ", a scheme was concocted to prevent democratic elections which could have brought the communist Viet Minh to power in the South as well, and the fanatic Catholic Ngo Dinh Diem was made president of South Vietnam. [MW16ff]

Diem saw to it that U.S. aid, food, technical and general assistance was given to Catholics alone, Buddhist individuals and villages were ignored or had to pay for the food aids which were given to Catholics for free. The only religious denomination to be supported was Roman Catholicism.

The Vietnamese McCarthyism turned even more vicious than its American counterpart. By 1956 Diem promulgated a presidential order which read:
"Individuals considered dangerous to the national defense and common security may be confined by executive order, to a concentration camp."

Supposedly to fight communism, thousands of buddhist protesters and monks were imprisoned in "detention camps." Out of protest dozens of buddhist teachers - male and female - and monks poured gasoline over themselves and burned themselves. (Note that Buddhists burned themselves: in comparison Christians tend to burn others). Meanwhile some of the prison camps, which in the meantime were filled with Protestant and even Catholic protesters as well, had turned into no-nonsense death camps. It is estimated that during this period of terror (1955-1960) at least 24,000 were wounded - mostly in street riots - 80,000 people were executed, 275,000 had been detained or tortured, and about 500,000 were sent to concentration or detention camps. [MW76-89].

To support this kind of government in the next decade thousands of American GI's lost their life....

Rwanda Massacres
In 1994 in the small african country of Rwanda in just a few months several hundred thousand civilians were butchered, apparently a conflict of the Hutu and Tutsi ethnic groups.

For quite some time I heard only rumours about Catholic clergy actively involved in the 1994 Rwanda massacres. Odd denials of involvement were printed in Catholic church journals, before even anybody had openly accused members of the church.

Then, 10/10/96, in the newscast of S2 Aktuell, Germany - a station not at all critical to Christianity - the following was stated:

"Anglican as well as Catholic priests and nuns are suspect of having actively participated in murders. Especially the conduct of a certain Catholic priest has been occupying the public mind in Rwanda's capital Kigali for months. He was minister of the church of the Holy Family and allegedly murdered Tutsis in the most brutal manner. He is reported to have accompanied marauding Hutu militia with a gun in his cowl. In fact there has been a bloody slaughter of Tutsis seeking shelter in his parish. Even two years after the massacres many Catholics refuse to set foot on the threshold of their church, because to them the participation of a certain part of the clergy in the slaughter is well established. There is almost no church in Rwanda that has not seen refugees - women, children, old - being brutally butchered facing the crucifix.

According to eyewitnesses clergymen gave away hiding Tutsis and turned them over to the machetes of the Hutu militia.

In connection with these events again and again two Benedictine nuns are mentioned, both of whom have fled into a Belgian monastery in the meantime to avoid prosecution. According to survivors one of them called the Hutu killers and led them to several thousand people who had sought shelter in her monastery. By force the doomed were driven out of the churchyard and were murdered in the presence of the nun right in front of the gate. The other one is also reported to have directly cooperated with the murderers of the Hutu militia. In her case again witnesses report that she watched the slaughtering of people in cold blood and without showing response. She is even accused of having procured some petrol used by the killers to set on fire and burn their victims alive..." [S2]

As can be seen from these events, to Christianity the Dark Ages never come to an end....

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

And point out in this current day and age where Christians, or any other religious group for that matter, are going around beheading children?

I just watched a stomach wrenching video showing executed men women and children, the youngest child was 1 years old, in Syria. A deed committed by ISIS.

Go on, tell me I'm a hypocrite fro condemning this brutal and cowardly act.

Or else piss off.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

...two Benedictine nuns are mentioned... According to survivors... . The other one is also reported to have... witnesses report... She is even accused of...

That clinches it for me. I'm sure these anonymous never to be identified 'witnesses' and 'survivors' couldn't be put under any duress to make false statements because that would be wrong. That is, if they exist.

I don't even see your point. People are bad and there's no point in calling them out?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch Would the fruit still grow if fed by a sinner? If we are walking through the wilderness and i fall into a hole and tell you not to follow me that would be a good thing right?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Depends upon what you found in the hole.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright How about sex drugs and rock and roll?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

From the link in the OP:

Yes .. let's look at your 'source' of information.

The site has as it's headlines - Welcome to the world of Acharya S/D.M. Murdock!
And even before you get there, at the very top are her books for sale.
She gave herself a hindu title and she preaches that Jesus and Buddha were myths.
She refers to America as Amerikkka at her website.

Acharya Information

Oh ... and the The Rwandan genocide a genocidal ethnic war between Tutsis and Hutus. Catholics got slaughtered by the two factions.

edit on 7/10/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join