It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians vs ISIS: Hypocrisy or Convenient Selective Memory?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LrdRedhawk
n the years 1942-1943 also in Croatia existed numerous extermination camps, run by Catholic Ustasha under their dictator Ante Paveli, a practising Catholic and regular visitor to the then pope. There were even concentration camps exclusively for children!

Not exactly. It was run by the Croatian Gov't and inmates were primarily Serbs, Jews, Roma, communists and anti-fascists (including Croats and Bosnian Muslims).

Jasenovac Concentration Camp

Jasenovac concentration camp ... was an extermination camp established in Slavonia by the authorities of the Independent State of Croatia (NDH) during World War II. The camp was established by the governing Ustaše regime and not operated by Nazi Germany,[3] and was one of the largest concentration camps in Europe.[4]

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

And point out in this current day and age where Christians, or any other religious group for that matter, are going around beheading children?

I just watched a stomach wrenching video showing executed men women and children, the youngest child was 1 years old, in Syria. A deed committed by ISIS.

Go on, tell me I'm a hypocrite fro condemning this brutal and cowardly act.

Or else piss off.

You miss the point. The information you're asking for is not hard to find if you take the time to look for it. People (including children) are murdered all over the world even today in the name of Christianity. You can get mad at me all you want. I don't care. I'm not the one killing people in the name of religion and I didn't make any of this up. It's all facts. Any more research I can help you with today?

2013:

Then there are African countries like the Congo, where witchcraft accusations, springing from old JuJu beliefs that have become intertwined with Christianity, are often made against children, with horrific consequences. You may want to take a couple of deep breaths before you watch this: (Video at link) Accusing people of witchcraft is also common in Saudi Arabia, where beheadings of those convictedbeheadings of those convicted are thought to be on the rise, and India, where witch lynchings reportedly number hundreds a year. Amazingly, a look at the calendar does seem to confirm that it is 2013.

More Witches Have Been Executed Since World War II Than in Centuries Past

2014:

BANGUI, Central African Republic – Tens of thousands of Muslims are fleeing to neighboring countries by plane and truck as Christian militias stage brutal attacks, shattering the social fabric of this war-ravaged nation.

In towns and villages as well as here in the capital, Christian vigilantes wielding machetes have killed scores of Muslims, who are a minority here, and burned and looted their houses and mosques in recent days, according to witnesses, aid agencies and peacekeepers. Tens of thousands of Muslims have fled their homes.

On Friday, thousands of Muslims hopped aboard trucks packed with their possessions, protected by soldiers from Chad, and drove out of Bangui, as Christians cheered their departures or tried to loot the trucks as they drove through Christian areas. At least one Muslim man, who fell from a truck, was killed by a mob. Meanwhile, thousands more Muslims huddled at the airport in a crowded hangar, waiting to be evacuated.

“They are killing Muslims with knives,” said Muhammed Salih Yahya, 38, a shopkeeper, making a slitting motion across his throat. He arrived at the airport Wednesday from the western town of Yaloke with his wife and five children. “I built my house over two years, but the Christians destroyed it in minutes. I want to leave.”

Now in disarray, the Seleka are no longer able to protect Muslims from the Christian vigilantes. The roughly 6,500 French and African troops authorized by the U.N. Security Council to intervene have been unable to stop the violence.

According to the International Organization for Migration (IOM), more than 60,000 people, most of them Muslim, have fled to neighboring countries since Dec. 5, when violence erupted after an uprising by the Christian militias and former government soldiers.

The man who fell off one of the trucks was viciously slain by a mob that cut off his genitals and hands, said Peter Bouckaert, emergencies director for Human Rights Watch.

Tens of thousands of Muslims flee Christian militias in Central African Republic

Modern killings for Christianity

Christian terrorism

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Ante Paveli

Ante Pavelić (14 July 1889 – 28 December 1959) was a Croatian fascist leader and politician who led the Ustaše movement and who during World War II ruled the Independent State of Croatia (NDH), a puppet state of Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany in part of occupied Yugoslavia,[1] pursuing genocidal policies against ethnic and racial minorities.[2][3][4]

And he worked closely with Hitler. Hitler hated Catholics and had hundreds of thousands of them put to death in the Nazi death camps.

On 3 March 1942, Hitler awarded Pavelić the Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle. Siegfried Kasche, the German envoy, handed it to him in Zagreb.

This wasn't a Catholic thing .. it was a Fascist Nazi-like thing.
edit on 7/10/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Stop making this a Christians vs [fill in blank] issue. Fanatics of all stripes and denominations suck. Feel better?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

This really isn't a difficult concept to understand.

Those doing the killing in the name of Christianity are NOT Christian. Those killing in the name of Islam are NOT Muslim.

They are misrepresenting everything they claim to be representing. They shouldn't in the least bit be lumped together in those groups they claim to represent.

Your argument isn't against Muslims or Christians. It's against extremism and false representation.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Tens of thousands of Muslims flee Christian militias in Central African Republic

You failed to finish reporting the rest of the information

Christians have also been victims of violence, targeted by Muslims in this complex communal conflict that U.N. and humanitarian officials fear could implode into genocide. Several hundred thousand Christians remain in crowded, squalid camps, unable or too afraid to return home.

ISIS is just going and and murdering people who disagree with them. They are destroying and murdering. They aren't doing it out of self defense or retaliation. They are doing it because they are evil.

edit on 7/10/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

I knew I would get bashed as soon as I hit the "Post" button. I'm not knocking anyone's religion as I've said more than once already. All I'm saying in the OP is that what ISIS is doing in the name of religion right now is no different than what Christians did in the past, and as I've shown upon request, continue to do even today. You just don't hear about it or no one cares when they do hear about it.

Not referring to you, but it's always surprised me how confrontational and violent religious fanatics become when you point out even the smallest of flaws in their views. I suppose it's a fortunate privilege to be able to see things objectively than to walk around blinded by subjectivity.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
That was then this is NOW.

Any who nice rant.

I have been screaming this at the top of my lungs to these crazy morons who want to compare modern day Christianity to modern day Islam.

Modern day Christians aren't crucifying anyone. Modern day Islam still buries people up to their neck in sand and throws rocks at them until death.

Stop comparing a religion as it was hundreds of years ago, to the modern day of another religion; Then attempting to call one of them just as bad as the other, when that is CLEARLY not the case.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

All I'm saying in the OP is that what ISIS is doing in the name of religion right now is no different than what Christians did in the past, ...

That's not all you said ... you said this ...

it yanks my chain to see the flood of Christians everywhere condemning the radical religious jihad group ISIS for running amok, killing everyone in their path who doesn't hold the same religious views as they do and destroying biblical history, churches and mosques in the Middle East.

That's what's got people so torqued up. OF COURSE people are going to condemn the murders. It's barbaric. No one has forgotten what other religious groups have done in centuries past. But that doesn't mean we can't condemn what is obvious evil when we see it now.

What? You want people just to sit back and say 'oh well, our ancestors did the same thing a thousand years ago, so we should keep our mouths shut now'? I don't think so .....

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

it's always surprised me how confrontational and violent religious fanatics become when you point out even the smallest of flaws in their views.

If you've viewed any of my posts here you'll know I"m definitely not a religious fanatic.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

a reply to: yeahright

...but it's always surprised me how confrontational and violent religious fanatics become when you point out even the smallest of flaws in their views. I suppose it's a fortunate privilege to be able to see things objectively than to walk around blinded by subjectivity.

Just like it's not surprising to me that twice I've shown the flaw in your OP and have yet to get a response from you. I'm curious as to your thoughts on my last post particularly.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Not referring to you, but it's always surprised me how confrontational and violent religious fanatics become when you point out even the smallest of flaws in their views.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Surprised? That's sort of what makes them fanatics.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

This really isn't a difficult concept to understand.

Those doing the killing in the name of Christianity are NOT Christian. Those killing in the name of Islam are NOT Muslim.

They are misrepresenting everything they claim to be representing. They shouldn't in the least bit be lumped together in those groups they claim to represent.

Your argument isn't against Muslims or Christians. It's against extremism and false representation.

Thank you! Someone FINALLY gets what I'm saying.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well then since that is settled. I suppose if my family got a huge group of our fellow native Americans together and started slaughtering people then that should be just fine right? Conduct some raids. Destroy some infrastructure .....

Cause you know. American settlers did it to us.

Sound about right?

The logic some people use just boggles my mind

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Vortiki

It might be a good idea to read the whole thread before posting?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I've been reading your responses and I appreciate them. This was intended to be a critical discussion so we don't lose sight of the big picture. I knew it would be a touchy subject and it's nice to know that we have a place to openly discuss differing viewpoints as adults as opposed to stooping to juvenile tantrum throwing.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Then and now is important when people try to claim they are good inherently.

Also just because they secularists took over the west doesn’t mean the religious people wouldn’t be doing the same thing if they had a chance.

The slaughter of the NA in the name of Christ and the enslavement of Africans wasn’t ancient history it was modern history of only a century ago.

What do you think the Christian KKK would be doing if they had half a chance or other extremist Christian groups some still today murdering abortion doctors, policemen, and minorities.
edit on 10-7-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Where do I sign up? *j/k

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Past/Present.

All I see is this, heaven's gate remains closed and death/hell on earth.

"Ah who would ever want to be king!" (or dominate anyone else ever for that matter!)

Coldplay - Viva La Vida

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Lol I think I just got us both put on a watch list. I'm in Texas if they knock on your door run this direction lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join