It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA tracking 9 out of 10 Ordinary Americans in files received according to Wash Post and Documents

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GArnold

So you admit defeat. It's not semantics, it's distortion of the facts. Plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I know it would make ATSers feel so special that the NSA has tagged them, of all people to watch.

The NSA doesn't have the capability to watch that many people.

Now the data that the corporations are collecting on you, now THAT is scarey.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Nonsense. You don't even know what technology will be in 25 years. The NSA doesn't have a magical conch that lets them find out what is going to be invented.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: nixie_nox

Nonsense. You don't even know what technology will be in 25 years. The NSA doesn't have a magical conch that lets them find out what is going to be invented.

Well, since they're mass spying i'd imagine they could at least track certain ideas and monitor their progression.

Also in combination with consultations with the futurists in the governmental arsenal, DARPA etc. it wouldn't be too difficult to map it all out... if they wanted to or needed to...

(post by GArnold removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: nixie_nox
a reply to: neo96

Funny how the article gets its info from WAPO yet doesn't link to the article.

I tried to post the link and it did not work. I have no idea why. I posted a google search that has a first result a link to the article. You can certainly open google and type in Washington Post article on NSA targeting ordinary Americans and find the link.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Understood, you've been defeated by an individual who seems to have an IQ of 90 to you. If my supposed 90 IQ makes me an "idiot" in your eyes, then I can only imagine how you must view yourself when you look in the mirror, knowing fully well that you can't admit fault, and resort to the same tactics you try to call out your adversary on.

Must be a sad look you create, and observe.

(post by GArnold removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Ha Ha , I Bet I am the 1 Out of 10 that are too Boring to Spy On...................LOL

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

If you own a cell or are on the internet you have been targeted. Just saying.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

If you own a cell or are on the internet you have been targeted. Just saying.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

imho, you make some fairly reasonable points.

My perspective comes partly from my years as a Navy Radioman. And I was only given . . . interesting hints and bits here and there.

Add to that some of the whistleblower stuff.

Add to that some moderately public knowledge but not common knowledge as you indicate.

Add to that some personal and others' extrapolations but not great leaps of such.

I just think it's inescapable that the organization concerned has the most powerful computers and software etc. etc. etc. available. And, that THAT IS considerably advanced beyond what even most corporations can manage unless the corporations are part of the high level globalist oligarchy already.

I think you may not be aware . . . the super elite running the slightly lower super elite and the planet are and have been FOR CENTURIES

PASSIONATE AND OBSESSIVE INTELLIGENCE GATHERERS.

Maximizing the organization's capacities to collect and analyze data would be bone marrow orgasmic priority number one with them.

And they certainly have had the money and the power to make such happen on a grand--the grandest possible scale.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: nixie_nox

Perhaps we aren't communicating successfully.

The oligarchy has a habit of throwing the BEST AVAILABLE MINDS

and unlimited amounts of money at their favorite projects.

And INTELLIGENCE GATHERING IS THEIR TOP, OVERRIDING PRIORITY--ON WHICH ALL OTHER PRIORITIES REST . . . in some key respects. The same could be said about another priority or 3 or theirs but that is essentially true in some key respects.

It has been their HABIT to innovatively fund creative projects toward that priority AND THEN TO HOLD THE NEW TECH RESULTING CLOSE TO THEIR CHESTS--AS THEIR EXCLUSIVE PROPERTY FOR THEIR EXCLUSIVE USE FOR A LONG TIME--until they had something else MUCH MORE ADVANCED to replace it and UNTIL they didn't care about the implications of the general populace having it.

Therefore, they did not NEED to be prophets about tech in 25 years . . . they'd already created what the rest of the world would only find out about in 25 years. In some respects, the world has not found out about exotic tech that's 50 and 60 years old. At least not conclusively & in detail.

You don't have to believe any of this. However, I've talked to enough folks sufficiently in the know--to have mostly no doubts about such things.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

What we know about the NSA now thanks to Snowden is just the tip of the iceberg. What they are doing is far worse and far more outlandish than we know of so far.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

Far worse and far more 'out there' than we have yet heard any hint of.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nixie_nox

WRONG.

The NSA or some similar black project globalist org . . . has DEFINITELY been monitoring ALL electricity based circuits for more than 40 years. Of that I'm 100% certain from what my colleagues in my Navy job told me as a matter of course. That is CERTAINLY true in the Western world and I was told it was essentially the same coverage in the rest of the world--particularly the bigger cities and more developed countries . . . including the Soviet Union and China etc. etc. etc.

Acres of computers . . . even 40 years ago . . . of the level those folks had then [compared to what the rest of the world had] COULD DO THE JOB handily.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Yea, why not?

They can do it now, they could do it then. Why is that some sort of revelation?

Think about it. As the amount of traffic has increased, these facilities must be. New centers come online. Old ones are shut down.

Traffic rises exponentially, tech rises exponentially. Overall a leveling out.

Not sure how that makes it super advanced, as you say, it took acres, and still does, for them to monitor everything ,and even then, there's just a ton of it that can't be picked up on. Stored, yes, deciphered... brute force on AES128 until ~2030... AES256 still way secure.

It's not so absolute controlish as you believe. I mean, everything is intercepted, but analyzed by human beings? nope.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Seems to me that given sophisticated criteria and software . . . there's not much need for most traffic to be analyzed by humans.

Humans can be alerted when something truly interesting comes along from someone truly worth monitoring or to someone truly worth monitoring. I'd think such criteria would reduce the need for human intervention or monitoring a lot.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

They certainly use algorithms to search for key words and or trends. The Supercomputer at Bluffdale can or is attempting

""But despite its progress, the agency has not finished building at Oak Ridge, nor is it satisfied with breaking the petaflop barrier. Its next goal is to reach exaflop speed, one quintillion (1018) operations a second, and eventually zettaflop (1021) and yottaflop."

www.wired.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Let them read about my life, see how fast they get bored, and just say screw it I'm moving on to the next file.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

I do not think that is the point... It is about a database on every person. Who they talk to... Where they go. How often. How do they spend their $. Etc. I just think you are missing the point of this. It as about future control in my opinion. The NSA has admitted sharing info from Stellar Wind or Prism with the DEA.

This is about Five Eyes grabbing total world information domination. It is certainly about control over you.
edit on 8-7-2014 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join