It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA tracking 9 out of 10 Ordinary Americans in files received according to Wash Post and Documents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have been saying this all along. The NSA is not really about catching terrorists. It is about creating a database on each and every American. There can be no doubt now.

"Ordinary Internet users, American and non-American alike, far outnumber legally targeted foreigners in the communications intercepted by the National Security Agency from U.S. digital networks, according to a four-month investigation by The Washington Post.

Nine of 10 account holders found in a large cache of intercepted conversations, which former NSA contractor Edward Snowden provided in full to The Post, were not the intended surveillance targets but were caught in a net the agency had cast for somebody else.

Many of them were Americans. Nearly half of the surveillance files, a strikingly high proportion, contained names, e-mail addresses or other details that the NSA marked as belonging to U.S. citizens or residents. NSA analysts masked, or “minimized,” more than 65,000 such references to protect Americans’ privacy, but The Post found nearly 900 additional e-mail addresses, unmasked in the files, that could be strongly linked to U.S. citizens or U.S.residents.

The surveillance files highlight a policy dilemma that has been aired only abstractly in public. There are discoveries of considerable intelligence value in the intercepted messages — and collateral harm to privacy on a scale that the Obama administration has not been willing to address.

Among the most valuable contents — which The Post will not describe in detail, to avoid interfering with ongoing operations — are fresh revelations about a secret overseas nuclear project, double-dealing by an ostensible ally, a military calamity that befell an unfriendly power, and the identities of aggressive intruders into U.S. computer networks."""

m.washingtonpost.com... 8-045a-11e4-8572-4b1b969b6322_story.html

I am very interested in what the military calamity was.... This is shocking and breaking news if indeed true.

washingtonpost.com... 045a-11e4-8572-4b1b969b6322_story.html

www.bignewsnetwork.com...

mobile.reuters.com...

www.bostonglobe.com...

www.google.com... le-gws-hp.3...2526.17215.0.17844.41.36.5.3.3.0.383.5789.2j24j7j2.35.0....0...1c.1.48.mobile-gws-hp..20.21.2559.3.wSedVdjh6W8

edit on 7-7-2014 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Double post remove please

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Awesome !

Hey NSA ?

How did you like that Binge watching of NCIS over the weekend?

That was some good TV !

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: GArnold
When they start tracking extraordinary Americans give me a shout.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I hope they enjoyed the late night shows!

Saved for future reading!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Your title is misleading, ie a lie.

They're not tracking nine out of ten ordinary Americans.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

How so ?

Ordinary Internet users, American and non-American alike, far outnumber legally targeted foreigners in the communications intercepted by the National Security Agency from U.S. digital networks, according to a four-month investigation by The Washington Post.

Nine of 10 account holders found in a large cache of intercepted conversations, which former NSA contractor Edward Snowden provided in full to The Post, were not the intended surveillance targets but were caught in a net the agency had cast for somebody else.

Big brother is watching us MORE than the 'evil doers'.

I missed the 'lie'.
edit on 7-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Obviously, the title states, "9 out of ten ordinary Americans".

Look at what you just quoted, and the quote in the OP stating 9 out of 10.

Neither of these in any way, makes the claim of 9 out of ten ordinary Americans.

It's a lie.

This part:

originally posted by: GArnold

Many of them were Americans. Nearly half of the surveillance files, a strikingly high proportion, contained names, e-mail addresses or other details that the NSA marked as belonging to U.S. citizens or residents. NSA analysts masked, or “minimized,” more than 65,000 such references to protect Americans’ privacy, but The Post found nearly 900 additional e-mail addresses, unmasked in the files, that could be strongly linked to U.S. citizens or U.S.residents.

There is either serious reading comprehension issues, else outright lying going on with each of you.
edit on 7-7-2014 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Whew....lucky me that I have a boring life and no money. No reason for the NSA or any of its buddies to want anything to do with me.

It feels good to be a 10%er

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I guess someone is INTENTIONALLY IGNORING the other sourced material.

Where they EASILY can see this link.

www.bignewsnetwork.com...

Nine in ten NSA spying targets are ordinary Americans

That is NO LIE.

I suggest some people look up the Utah Data center.

Think they just built that for 'meta data'.

LOL.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Ok.. I meant 9 out of 10 people whose files were received by the Wash Post are ordinary Americans. Not foreign Terrorists.... This is a sample size obviously. If it is a sample size then in general I would say out of every 10 people being intercepted... 9 out of 10 are ordinary Americans. The Post received 160,000 accounts. Happy now? I changed the title to reflect the mistake.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Yes, lie.

First, that source is misreading the washington post article. It doesn't say 9 out of ten Americans, it claims 9 out of ten of those targeted were Americans. Huge difference. Second, it's incorrect, as it's obviously referring to the source I already mentioned.

Here:

Link

I look forward to an honest apology from you.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Nine out of ten and Americans in the same passage means nine out of ten Americans. You gotta read with special eyes!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

No, it's still incorrect. It said 9 out of ten were not the intended target, and many of them were ordinary Americans.

We have no clue of the quantity that is, "many of them". Without context, it must be understood to be propaganda, or at least, meaningless.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
i wonder if the NSA could getthose pak scammers who are calling me every day claiming to be a MS subcontractor calling about a problem MS has detected with my hard drive? Those bastiges won't take no for an answer. even after i told them i called MS and checked MS Technical support websites to see if they were legit and the consensus they are crooks.

"No. Micrsoft said you are a crook. please take me off your crook scam call list before i sic the feds on you. thank you very much."

"Ok.sir." (then they call that night and the next day and the next.)

if the NSA could help me with that it would be appreciated. other than that they can bugger off too.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Sigh.. Please refer your indignation to the Wash Post.

""""Nine of 10 account holders found in a large cache of intercepted conversations, which former NSA contractor Edward Snowden provided in full to The Post, were not the intended surveillance targets but were caught in a net the agency had cast for somebody else.""""""

We know based on every other piece of info received in the last 13 months that the NSA is systematically targeting ordinary US citizens. If you do not have internet or cell phone or iPad than chances are you are exempt. The Utah Data center can store every days worth of communications worldwide for like 20,000 years. Sorry you do not agree with the title. I am using it based off the article.. Reuters and Boston Globe. Complain to them if you wish.

Bignewsnetworks news article title.

Nine in ten NSA spying targets are ordinary Americans
- See more at: www.bignewsnetwork.com... puf

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

This is the 3rd time I'm having to quote the same two paragraphs. You just put in the first. It's misleading. This is the whole bit.

You're acting as an agent of propaganda in this thread.

Please, it's already bad enough. No reason to make it what it isn't.

Again, that link refers to the article in the washington post, of which two paragraphs are quoted multiple times in this thread, in fact right in this one.

Just bizarre.
edit on 7-7-2014 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

It is no lie.

Some people need to face the FACT.

The NSA spies on us.

They know EVERYTHING we do.

Where the NSA leaves off thanks to the ACA it's data hub picks up.

Where the ACA data hub leaves off the banks pick up.

Where the banks leave off the political parties voter 'data bases' pick up.

We are WAY BEYOND what ORWELL ever imagined.
edit on 7-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I am acting as an agent??? Compared to you? That's hilarious. Please read the title of the article I posted. It clearly says "9 out of 10 people targeted are ordinary Americans." I am not sure if you work for the NSA or are a sock puppet but please stop the English bickering.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Then I bow out of this thread with the truth clearly on display for those with the intellect to discern.

Good day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join