It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KFC ad in spansih?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So has anyone else seen the KFC ad is Spanish?
Just imagine the outrage that one will cause when the right person sees it lol

edit on thSun, 06 Jul 2014 18:29:36 -0500America/Chicago720143680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Soo choked

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Which dialect of Spanish is it in?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Dis is Amurica, Engris Only!!

Thank you come again.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
¿Qué? Pensé pollo frito era solamente para los hablantes de Inglés. Col Sanders podría estar rodando en su salsa...

(What? I thought fried chicken was only for English speakers. Col Sanders might be rolling in his gravy...)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Just like the Pride Whopper gimmick. None of them seem to be able to pass up an opportunity (Pelosi) to make a extra buck...

Just business as usual. Nothing to get mad about.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrflipjr
¿Qué? Pensé pollo frito era solamente para los hablantes de Inglés. Col Sanders podría estar rodando en su salsa...

Estas en serio o me estas tomando los pelos?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If you live in Florida that is not uncommon unfortunately. It is one of my petpeeves. This is the United States and our language in English. If you want to live here you should learn the language.

Recently I recieved a brochure in the mail and it was in Spanish. Where it wanted me to fill in my info I wrote, "If you want my business write in English, this is the United States and we speak English!" The following week I recieved another brochure from the company and this time it was in English.

It irks me to no end that businesses think if you live anywhere below Orlando that you're probably Spanish speaking.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Technically, the US doesn't have an official language. I wouldn't worry too much because there are actually some good things about this. 1) English is often the recognized language around the world - of course it depends where you are. 2) I'm pretty sure the US schools won't start teaching Spanish as the only language 3) What's so bad about learning another language? I believe anyone not willing to learn is destined to remain ignorant on a global level - of course that's Uhmerican!

Alas....

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 2manyholes

eh; you speak english, if they don't so what?

the canadians can manage with having quebec and two languages, it should stand to reason that the US is just as capable of the same thing, and we probably won't have to anyway, that is if we simply relax, eventually there will come a point when they will have assimilated like everyone else into america, we just need to relax

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Estoy bromeando

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I'm sure there's a KFC ad in French too..

The worst thing about being a two language country is getting halfway through reading something and realizing you only understood half of it because it's not in your native tongue.

It's surprising how much of the other language you pick up, just reading it everywhere.
Can't understand spoken French though.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well it isn't because of the legal immigrants that we are seeing this. Legal immigrants have to learn and understand the language of the land. We have over 200 languages spoken here, to cater to just the Spanish speakers Is ridiculous. It wasn't until years of unchecked numbers of illegals came along, that we were forced to dial one for English on the phone or be required to speak Spanish to get jobs in many areas across the US.

English has been the one language that has united us all, not separated us. It wouldn't be fair to have people come here legally and be forced to speak English AND Spanish. Do we wish to be united or divided?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Just found it ironic, maybe it's cause I live in socal so I'm in the market for that ad.
No anger here, laughed a little when I saw it

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
In many Asian countries, the Colonel beats the Clown at least 2 to 1.
Japan just opened up a swanky KFC that has a full bar and wait staff.

Big deal. If I watch tv and there is an ad I dont care for...I simply DON'T BUY THE PRODUCT. Same goes with stores that treat their employees like turds.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
A few years ago, we had a couple of stores try putting up Spanish signs in all the isles and within weeks, they were taken down because of all the complaints. If you let them get away it, you are allowing one specific group to be catered to. We don't cater to the over 200 other languages do we? That would be chaotic. Everyone else respected the Country and learned and spoke the most common language spoken here without ever complaining or demanding we speak their language, why cater to Spanish speakers?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Just found it ironic, maybe it's cause I live in socal so I'm in the market for that ad.
No anger here, laughed a little when I saw it

You and me both. I live right near the North Carolina/Virginia border, I think we might have as many Spanish speaking folks here than the Spanish speaking countries at times.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Well of course that would be chaotic, but since English is one of those 200, are we not catering to just one of then?
Yes I know it is the majority, just feel like being nit picky.

edit on thSun, 06 Jul 2014 19:56:17 -0500America/Chicago720141780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2manyholes
If you live in Florida that is not uncommon unfortunately. It is one of my petpeeves. This is the United States and our language in English. If you want to live here you should learn the language.

Recently I recieved a brochure in the mail and it was in Spanish. Where it wanted me to fill in my info I wrote, "If you want my business write in English, this is the United States and we speak English!" The following week I recieved another brochure from the company and this time it was in English.

It irks me to no end that businesses think if you live anywhere below Orlando that you're probably Spanish speaking.

Did Spain not control/own Florida until only about 200 years ago?
What do you think they spoke besides Seminole and pirate sea chanties?

Do you know the royalty of Great Britain spoke and wrote most of their business in French?

If it wasnt for Navajo language barely surviving, you might be eating rice or schnitzel right now.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Don't bring up that other cultures lived here before us owl, that is not important.

/sarcasm
edit on thSun, 06 Jul 2014 21:23:06 -0500America/Chicago720140680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join