It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KFC ad in spansih?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: motthoople
Why not make an ad in Spanish, they've been making them in Ebonics for a decade.

I have never seen an ad in Ebonics. Got a link?

and for your request for an ad in Spanish....here ya go.

Cuida que se desea, guagua!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 2manyholes
Dear 2mh, I can empathize with you misfortune, but please keep in mind that this is an example of the brilliance of the American system. KFC has determined (like countless other U.S. corporations) that a major outreach to minority communities is profitable. I can assure you that they have considered your concerns, but that you just don't have the numbers to move corporate behavior. I would hope that there is a point where you could look at it philosophically and accept that the world is changing. I would hope that someday you might enjoy a KFC chicken dinner, even though it is an abomination to your heath and well-being. (But that is another thread.)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2manyholes
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

I have no problem with what others speak. But if you want to communicate with English speaking people in a country whose language is English then it should be learned. When a business sends flyers and does advertiements in Spanish they are excluding people. In this case they exclude natural born citizens.

I know I rankle people with my thoughts on this. Maybe it's just I'm old school and remember when rarely did you hear anyone speak anything but English here and those that didn't were at least attempting to learn the language.

If you've ever been to Miami you'll understand what it's like to feel like you don't belong in your own country. I needed help once at the airport, I could not get anyone to speak English with me to help me and spent over 1 hour trying to find the place I needed to be. I also encountered rudeness from the people I sought out to get help becasue I did not speak Spanish. Relaxing would not have helped.

I'm with you. Our legal immigrants had to learn English to become citizens. I think it is because of all the years of illegal immigration and their being catered to above all else that has put us in such a predicament. I too know what it's like to feel like an outsider in my own Country. I worked for 8 years with people who spoke Spanish most of the day. Every day I felt like I was leaving my own Country. I didn't leave my Country, they left theirs.

Your experience at the airport sounds horrible. No American citizen should have to deal with that in their own Country.

I would never in my wildest dreams, go live in another Country and expect and demand that the entire Country change for me and others like me. I wouldn't want them having to press one on the phone just to hear their own language, or have them required to speak MY language to get a damned job in their own Country, or whatever. That would be rude and arrogant. I would have more respect than that.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I had a Chinese girlfriend for about 3 months. We could not communicate verbally very well, but we still had a blast hanging out together. I taught her a little English, she taught me a little Chinese. We seemed to be able to communicate adequately without using verbal grunts. Unfortunately her visa expired and she had to leave the country.
Wǒ ài nǐ Lì Lì. Wǒ xīwàng nǐmen dōu zuò dé hěn hǎo.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Dear Olaru, I do not feel threatened, more like being frustrated. It's great that you can speak 2 languages, not all can or wish too. But if I was to move to another country I would not expect that country to bend to my whims, I would respect the language and culture or I would live somewhere else.

I think of the story in the Bible about the tower of babble, what better way to cause confusion, division and weakness then to have the people unable to communicate effectively with one another. We do not need more weakness and division in this country.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Thank you Night Star, It's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels as such.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Diderot
LOL, I would hope I never have to eat a KFC dinner and it has nothing to do with their Spanish speaking ads.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I saw it and had absolutely zero problem. KFC bought time from a network, they can do whatever the hell they want with it (given it follows the law).

You are trying to race bait.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258
Must have gotten a bump for you to have even seen the thread unless you went looking for it.

If you read the thread you would know I thought it was funny and also had zero issues with it as well.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join