It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Ten Years of Global Warming Never happened

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
that is right according to the The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s most accurate, up-to-date temperature data confirm the United States has been cooling for at least the past decade.

Yuup, that's right and it's been cooler, not necessarily cooling for a long time, NASA did this story in 1999,
www.giss.nasa.gov...
The author, presumably sanctioned by NASA since it is on their site, wrote this article with possible reasons for why, and again I think that the presumption of 'global warming' or more likely AGW was real and had to have answers at least by now. I'm not sure I see those answers yet. NOAA placed much faith in their satellite technology to analyse what was going on Earth, I don't think it worked that well, and we now have a new satellite over the last few days designed specifically.. so we are told, to measure precisely how much Co2 there is in the upper atmosphere? No big deal? it sure was, two failed attempts and two successes, ( both the latter this year) to measure a heavier than air gas upstairs.
Funny enough I have felt the need to post that same link elsewhere here at ATS on other threads that cropped up recently.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Are you sure the prediction was about the Antarctic being Ice free or could that have been about the Arctic?

I am familiar with the one about the Arctic I am not sure about the range of dates given. I thought one went out to 2021.

Rush doesn't say anything about the arctic or antarctic either. Seems to be a claim about a global tipping point.
edit on 6-7-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

The point is NCDC has been cooking the books making the temps higher. they said that 2012 was the warmest year but they went back and made 1936 the warmest again.

(post by nixie_nox removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The human race needs to be prepared for anything on this earth...another reason why we should think about colonizing.

We also shouldn't try to control the temperature because it will likely cause more damage than help.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Your statement only enhances my "skeptics are stupid" mantra. There is no such thing as dolphin rape. It is an urban myth.

So you don't educate yourself on GW and believe it be a hoax, but you will believe any random person that tells you that dolphins "rape".

What is the matter with you?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The poster needs to change the sensationalist and bad propaganda title too, I read an article on temperatures in the US and thought it applied to the whole world, and I really have no clue how GW works.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nixie_nox

read the 14th post on the first page of this thread.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Let me start by saying that trying to trot out a movie maker of a decade old movie, is nothing but desperate and sad attempt to debunk, well nothing, because GW science isn't based on movies.

You may be right, but Gore did not come up with numbers out of his head. What predictions of global warming are based on is computer models. That sounds scientific enough, but the models have failed over 95% of the time in accurately predicting the temperature trends we have now.

It's easy, and mildly entertaining, to consider Gore's film and dismiss it. What is harder for some is coping with the near total inability of models to be accurate predictors.

(This is where Phage came in to say you can't expect to predict anything on as short a time span of 10 years.)

With respect,
Charles1952
edit on 6-7-2014 by charles1952 because: bracket problem

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: nixie_nox

Your statement only enhances my "skeptics are stupid" mantra. There is no such thing as dolphin rape. It is an urban myth.

So you don't educate yourself on GW and believe it be a hoax, but you will believe any random person that tells you that dolphins "rape".

What is the matter with you?

Tell that to the young girl in Palawan Philippines she will never go swimming with dolphins again. No link to the story because it was never reported but I was there working with the PNP as a chaplain and spoke with the girl after she was brought to shore and a police report was made.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Jesus, who pissed in your coffee?

For the record, I have seen a documentary and many articles which say otherwise - yes dolphins DO indeed rape. MAINLY other dolphins.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

You better get to work on finding a way to escape global warming instead of fussing here.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: nixie_nox

There is a difference in ice, land ice was once stored ocean water that once fell as precipitation. Sea ice in Antarctica is quite different as it is ice which forms in salt water primarily during the winter months. When land ice melts and flows into the oceans global sea levels rise on average; when sea ice melts sea levels do not change measurably.

5000 years my man to melt all the ice, plenty of time to get off the pot and wipe your bum.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Here's that graph again, just incase anyone doesn't believe in any climate before the last 20 years or thinks Earth climate was always constant until factories etc, it wasn't, Earth temperature fluctuates due to being a dynamic planet in a dynamic solar system (it moves around space and is subject to things, like the arms of Sagittarius), in a dynamic galaxy in a dynamic universe.

www.climate4you.com...

edit on 6-7-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I'm curious, may I ask for your opinion?

Do you think the debate has shifted and that it is now the man-made global warming group which is on the defensive? They seem to be the ones setting aside temperature data and going for less directly related evidence.

If AGW is failing, like the man-made global ice age in the 1970s, how long do you think it will be before we can put this behind us?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

booksandjournals.brillonline.com...

and

www.independent.ie...

Gang dolphin rape, common mating practice in dolphin world.

Dolphins will very much sexually assault humans as well.

www.jstor.org...

They also kill their own young. They are in general violent, intelligent, horny and social creatures. That combination is not a good one.

Edit:

Also you can "educate" yourself and look up the same information I posted above. I also recommend doing google or Youtube search for "dolphin assaults humans".

edit on 6-7-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'd say the fracking is causing the changing patterns of the tornados and weather patterns in the country. Tearing apart big mountains doesn't help either. All that has to happen is to change the path and a harmless tornado hitting an unused area now hits cities. All the fires don't help either.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

How would fracking cause a tornado? I'm not saying you're incorrect but don't understand how that would effect tornado frequency or location.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

however they are evidence of global weather 'change'

It doesn't matter whether it's still a serious problem. The droughts alone will probably cause food and water supply disruptions.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I tried researching the possibility of a loss of continuity of the earth caused by fracking. I strangly found little research ever done on it, sort of as if it is being avoided for some reason. I did find evidence of continuity flow existing in solid rock but nothing about effects of altering the rock. I guess it is not economically beneficial to research this subject.

I am not saying it creates tornadoes, I am saying it can change the path they travel. If it effects the development of clouds by shifting energy flow through the earth, it may cause either less rain or more rain in areas and a change in the way fronts hit. Any time you get a natural earthquake it could theoretically do this I suppose, but many of the areas they are fracking are not usual earthquake areas.

Now, this is my thoughts on this subject and I have no way of testing this stuff. I am sure geologists will not test this as it is against the money flow they receive. Geologists are needed for gas and oil exploration. They won't cut their own throats.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

I think the US has a more 'blanket' opinion thrust upon the population there by the media. Here in the UK, it hasn't been so 'in your face' though the taxes on Co2 footprints, the daily effect on our refuse collections etc has all gotten a bit nazi under the guise of ''it's for the planet'',

Effectively, it was sold to us as human made global warming, which is sort of denying the bigger picture all the graphs are showing.

The fact that there have been 'big freezes', flooding and more extreme weather events has caused the met guys to give more answers and now it's being called CLIMATE CHANGE here, which in my opinion is more apt.

Clearly there are fluctuations and this is a normal cycle, the effect of mankind on the environment obviously isn't the cause of all of the climatic variations on Earth as these variations have been happening for millions of years and we have the data for at least half a million years to show this.

Climate change is continuing to affect Earth and looking at the graphs, it might be set for more extremes. The governments of the world have to admit the bigger picture and I suspect the usual distraction method will come into play with revised data though they can't back pedal all the Co2 taxes so that one will be trickier for them, and will more than likely remain under a vaguely revised guise of ''it's still good for the planet'',''we have to do our bit'' etc.
edit on 6-7-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join