It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To The Freemasons of ATS

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PrebelShotme

Would be interested to hear a little more detail on your opinion. could you possibly elaborate ?

I have heard similar statements in the past and as much as the brethren may not like it there is rarely smoke without fire. that being said i do hope you are not just trolling.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

the Vally or upon the highest Mountain tops.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Brothers,

My eyes have finally opened. After all of this time, the fog is lifting. I want to first thank you for realizing what love actually is. At this time, I wish to further my understanding and to become an apprentice. There are things that must be done. If you wish to talk, feel free to PM me.

EF

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Master Mason in Blue Lodge, and Knight Templar. Here are the answers I will give to your questions:

1. If there is elitism in Masonry, it is because we have a specific character that we develop and use to interact with one another, that even though the world would be a better place if everyone interacted like that, most people do not have. We attempt to rise above our purely animal natures and use our MINDS, and in today's day and age, that makes us a minority. But on the same level as any kind of think tank.

Regarding hierarchy, it is a meritocracy in the officer's line and not a genuine hierarchy in the degrees. Think horizontal, not vertical.

2. I have no idea. The Scottish Rite contains 33 degrees. A Blue Lodge, called Craft Masonry, has 3 degrees. Nobody has to take any degrees unless they want to, some stay at 3 and some go past. Some don't even pursue 3. To each his own.

3. There are many interesting things about Masonry, some of which have been "cleaned up" in modern times. Albert Pike was and is still a fantastic resource on the meanings of the degrees. Further, there are many esoteric ideas contained or hinted at in the degrees, but these are NOT explained to members. You kind of already have to know what to look for, or to learn it along the way through research.

4. There are 3 degrees of Craft Masonry. Other bodies have different amount of degrees, but regular Freemasonry contains 3 degrees.

5. I have not encountered that idea anywhere in Masonry and am not familiar with it.

6. The common bond is a belief in a Supreme Being and an afterlife. Beyond that, particulars of politics and religion are not discussed. There is nothing monolithic about Masonry.

7. That constantly changes. I personally take the parts I like from various religions and groups, and discard what I don't find useful.

Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Aural

Women are absolutely a hindrance to the efficiency of a group of men. The fact that Masonry is a male-only space is one of my favorite things about it. Women, wives, girlfriends and daughters are welcome at plenty of events but are not allowed near the Lodge Room during meetings and degree conferrals.

(post by CcaptainObvious removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CcaptainObvious
It's not "playing dress up". Do you understand the reason for ritual?

What results are you speaking of?

How are we Masons acting like "underage girls" or "plain losers"?

Where are promoting such things?

Can you, instead of ad hominems, please post something of substance to this?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

you can scramble words around as much as as you want
(www.youtube.com...)

you know what it really is

what is results??? have you looked outside?

edit on 7-9-2015 by CcaptainObvious because: carlinnn

edit on 7-9-2015 by CcaptainObvious because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2015 by CcaptainObvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CcaptainObvious
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Post Removed By Staff

If you don't like it, don't join!

Why do you even care about what other men enjoy or don't enjoy doing anyway?
edit on 7/9/2015 by Sauron because: reomved quote

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
its a fun group, not sinister as one may think.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Post Removed By Staff

Since your post to me was removed maybe you can try asking, in a polite manner this time, what you wanted me to address.

(post by CcaptainObvious removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Post Removed By Staff

Manners are a plus.

What was your question?

(post by CcaptainObvious removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

In keeping it dignified, I will address your question on what the lodge brothers do outside of the ritual. My lodge currently has active committees on: Blood Donor/CPR assistance to the American Red Cross, Local D.A.R.E. chapter assisting the local area police departments with fund raisers and other community awareness programs, maintain and conduct Lodge of Instruction for new candidate education, social committee fund raisers for important charitable needs as they arise (i.e. Medical equipment refurbishment and distribution for low income disabled citizens), Masonic funeral support for fallen brothers and their families.

So, what help have you volunteered for in your local community to help raise the standard of living for the less fortunate around you?

edit on 9/7/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Not sure what your purpose here is. You have obviously been here before, and know the rules. Yet you want to speak like an inmate and show no respect to anyone. Your offensive posts will be removed and your account likely banned. What have you gained?

If you want to know answers to questions, please ask. NICELY. If you already know everything, and just want to antagonize, there are other sites that welcome your level of intellect. this isn't one of them.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Apologies for not being "dignified", I didn't know you men were so affectionate.

I came to ask questions which now have been deleted.

Is this a normal thing here? When the mods are offended they delete the post?

Not very mature, those "impolite" remarks were merely words, it is how you react to them which forms your world, surprising you are not taught that in your Lodges, unless you do not share the same point of view?

Please do not delete this post as I have been polite.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Thank you for helping others, not all are like you, but even you succeeded in helping how many lives? 1k? 50k?

Do you know how many people are still slaves these days? You all can help on a much larger scale.

(Previous post) You all know that 80% of the funds collected by charities almost always go into pockets if not more, rather than the actual cause?

They are practically useless, we can help on a GRAND scale, not pack up karma points and think we've done enough.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join