It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To The Freemasons of ATS

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JokerThe1st
1. Every Grand Lodge has a Penal Code that deals with matters.

2. Nope.

3. My Grand Lodge has a clerk that works full-time that isn't a Mason and I know other bodies have such scenarios.

4. The Chamber of Reflection can be made quite easily, but most American Lodges don't use the Chamber of Reflection.

5. My Top 5 would be when I was Raised as a Master Mason, when I dubbed and created a Knight Templar, the first time I knighted someone, my Christmas Observance as Eminent Commander, and when I was installed as Worshipful Master of my Lodge.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
What about the time you.actually became better... ???
a reply to: KSigMason

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

1)We have very strict Masonic jurisprudence in New Jersey and you will be expelled for all felonies and most misdemeanors.

2)No, I have not.

3)We have several non-Masons on our board of directors for the Masonic retirement home and on the investment committee.

4)I am in two lodges, the Traditional Observance lodge I belong to has the Chamber of Reflection.

5)When I was elected and installed as Master.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio
That's a continuous process, not a single moment.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
We are non existent! We are here to hide the true elite. A facade is all you see!

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PrebelShotme
Who is 'we'? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JokerThe1st
Question time!
4.Do lodges still contain contain that tiny little dark room for contemplation ? (Chamber of Reflection)

Our lodge doesn't though having attended a couple of lodges that have the lodge room darkened and quiet before the meeting, it's something I could get behind. In my lodge, we're a gregarious lot and right up until the gavel comes down to start the evening's proceedings, there's much talking and activity. While the conviviality is enjoyable, sitting in a quiet dimly-lit lodge room does help centre the soul and remind you that important activities are about to take place.

HTH
Fitz

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I apologize if anybody has answered this so far about why not acknowledge the 33 degrees. For most masons they will never get a 33rd degree in the Scottish rite. It is incredibly expensive and is very political. You have to be chosen for it and have the money for the trip. My grandfather has been a master mason for over 40 years and a 32nd degree in SR for over 35. He will never be a 33rd degree and thus he really doesn't acknowledge it. It is a pseudo degree because it is just a politically awarded rank that costs a ton of money. It isn't about hiding its existence, it is so rare and negligible that it isn't even worth thinking/talking about.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I only have this to ask:

Why is Freemasonry still a male only group?

Letting women in could further diversify ideas and views and further promote unity which leads to even more developement. Is there a view that women mixed among the men would be a sort of hinderance instead?

I hope for an answer better than tradition or its a place for men to hide from their wives a while, but maybe its that simple.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Divin3F3nrus

Interesting, since here in New Jersey if you are voted in as a 33rd the Valley pays for your trip to wherever the annual convention happens to be held. The degree itself costs you nothing.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Aural

There are rites for women.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Freemasonry is a Fraternity. Not a sorority.
However, there are irregular groups that admit women. It's called co-masonry.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I know its a fraternity of sorts but ive always considered sororities and fraternities strange in general to some degree. I was just curious.

So co-masonry is like an extension of masonry outside the main group? Or more like a seporate affiliate group?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The rules of regular freemasonry are that you be a man, freeborn, of good report, and well recommended. So there will never be women in freemasonry. In Co-masonry, it's not recognized by the mainstream, but it does teach the same things. They allow women and in some cases, atheists.

In knowing what freemasonry is, our secrets aren't anything secret at all. We teach how to reflect on yourself and improve your actions in all aspects of your life. The same things could be done in many ways.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Maybe your lodge is bigger than mine. Mine only has a couple of members and definitely does not have the funds to send anybody to get their 33rd degree. I really only know what my grandfather has told me so that is all I can really go off of. I just know that my grandfather has held an officer position in his lodge for over 25 years and that if anybody there should be a 33rd it is him.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Heads up there chief, the 33rd degree has no relevance in the Lodge. The Scottish Rite is often referred to as a Valley and that is the body that deals with the 33rd.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I think you are confused about the Blue lodge and the Scottish Rite. Your grandfather is an officer in his blue lodge. If he has been one for 25 years, he is either the secretary, or the treasurer. All the other positions are yearly and members rotate out of them.

If your grandfather was active on the Scottish Rite, then he would have been invested with the KCCH which is still a 32nd degree, but with a red hat and is a pre=requisite to becoming a 33rd. The 33rd degree is an honor and usually only given to members who have done A LOT for their respective Valley. Just being a dues paying member doesn't mean you will get your KCCH and 33rd.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Divin3F3nrus
Maybe your lodge is bigger than mine. Mine only has a couple of members and definitely does not have the funds to send anybody to get their 33rd degree.

I am sure my lodge is bigger as it is the largest in the state however that is completely irrelevant as the Valley, and not the lodge, handles the 33rd degree and trips. Your lodge is not involved with either the Scottish Rite's determination to award the 33rd or pay for the trip which confers the degree.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Why is Freemasonry still a male only group?

Further info to that offered above: Masonic Orders for Women

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join