It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the beast in revelation 13,1 actually have 8 heads and not 7?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I have been spending some time Reading revelation 13,1 and revelation 17. And i am wondering. Have we been overlooking something when it comes to the description of the beast in revelation 13,1?

The beast in revelation 13,1 is describes like this:

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Now read this verse from revelation 17,11

11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Read this verse from revelation 17,7

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

If i understand this correctly there is a eighth (8) head. And it is this beast that is observed and not the beast described in revelation 13,1.

Because. it is mentioned in verse 17,8 in revelation 17. By the angel?

Read this verse.

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

The reason the Author don't observe the eighth head is because of what the verse mentiones in the end of the last sentence:

the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Its like the head is not there but it is. Or am i wrong?

What are Your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Why are you reading gibberish?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
Why are you reading gibberish?

Because i think it is fasinating. I want to learn about it

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

My thought is: Revelation, is a work of fiction. Therefore, it doesn't matter.

The entire collection of those 66 books are a work of fiction. My opinion is that it was written to prevent humanity from ever joining together as one. Designed with severe austerity in mind, allowing the elite sell basic human rights as indulgences for profit.

It is a racket, and should be exposed as one.

Thankfully, the fraud of that religion is finally being exposed on the internet for what it is.

A religion, just like the other Abrahamic religious whom have committed numerous crimes against humanity.

edit on 3-7-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

My thought is: Revelation, is a work of fiction. Therefore, it doesn't matter.

The entire collection of those 66 books are a work of fiction. My opinion is that it was written to prevent humanity from ever joining together as one. Designed with severe austerity in mind, allowing the elite sell basic human rights as indulgences for profit.

It is a racket, and should be exposed as one.

Thankfully, the fraud of that religion is finally being exposed on the internet for what it is.

A religion, just like the other Abrahamic religious whom have committed numerous crimes against humanity.

Well revelation 17 have a verse that describes you and the majority of the People on Earth.

17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

You are playing Your role just as you are supposed to do, because you are probably not one of the elect.

If the majority of the People are selfish and the minority is elect, and you think of a Democracy. Who rules Democracy? You are right: the selfish.

So i bet you are right in what you say than.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
ONE HEAD
TWO HANGING...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

G8 becomes the G7 as leaders kick Russia out: It's not a big problem, says Putin's foreign minister

Russia was last night suspended from the elite G8 group of leading economies, who said they could not accept its breach of international law. David Cameron, Barack Obama and other world leaders said it was up to Vladimir Putin to 'change course' over Ukraine or his country will remain excluded indefinitely. Leaders of the remaining countries – Britain, the US, Germany, France, Italy, Canada and Japan, who are calling themselves the G7 – agreed to meet again without Russia until it was ready to engage in 'meaningful discussion'. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
In this first vid the author explains why some or most of Christianity got something wrong . He deals with the verse in Daniel that says seal up the vision until the end . The mistake that we have been making is that we have attributed to Rome what should have been to the Ottoman Empire . They are the head that is wounded and comes back to life . The second vid is also a bit different then our standard commentators have said and it makes for a better understanding imo

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

G8 becomes the G7 as leaders kick Russia out: It's not a big problem, says Putin's foreign minister

Russia was last night suspended from the elite G8 group of leading economies, who said they could not accept its breach of international law. David Cameron, Barack Obama and other world leaders said it was up to Vladimir Putin to 'change course' over Ukraine or his country will remain excluded indefinitely. Leaders of the remaining countries – Britain, the US, Germany, France, Italy, Canada and Japan, who are calling themselves the G7 – agreed to meet again without Russia until it was ready to engage in 'meaningful discussion'. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Yes, That fits in. G7/8 is eight Mountains. Who represents 8 heads.

Verse 17,9

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
eighth head is among them.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Why do you post on a thread that deals with gibberish if you think it is gibberish?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think the word "beast" in Revelation is ambguous, becuase the "beast from the sea" represents dominating political power, and the heads come in succession, so that each "head" is actually "the beast" for its own time.
So "the beast" can mean the whole body or the current manifestation of it, the current "head".

8 is a symbolic number like 7.
I did a thread on the relation between the seven kings and the eighth one;
Seven kings and an eighth

edit on 3-7-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
In this first vid the author explains why some or most of Christianity got something wrong . He deals with the verse in Daniel that says seal up the vision until the end . The mistake that we have been making is that we have attributed to Rome what should have been to the Ottoman Empire . They are the head that is wounded and comes back to life . The second vid is also a bit different then our standard commentators have said and it makes for a better understanding imo

The first video by Joel Richardson describes more what will take Place after the first Death. When satan is let loose after being bound for a 1000 years. Described in revelation 20,6,7 and 8.

The second video is very interesting because the vatican does not fit in to be the Whore that rides the beast. Because the vatican is one of the horns on one of the 7 heads on the beast. But i could be wrong on this because i have only being studying this for a few days.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Your claims about my external security are very large. Could you please show me modern certification by competent scholars like Bart Erhman, that all text in that book is absolute truth, is unmodified, and demonstratable fact?

It is fiction. Treat it as such. Start here.

jesusneverexisted.com...

I lived a fundamental Christian life for over most of my life. I own an extensive collection of books, and DVDs of sermons I wasted money on.

I have much biblical knowledge, and know how it was literally applied to rival sects. I did it myself against Jehovah witnesses and Mormonism. With that said, did you want to discuss how John is a false prophet according to Deuteronomy 18? The mark of the breast can never happen. See, technology outgrew John's guess.

Why would there ever be a mark when you have facial recognition, retina scanning, biometrics, and other yet unknown ways to identify us?

Thus, we must toss out all of John's writings. He was wrong, or, he lied. Not only is he a false prophet, under Judaism alone, he would have been executed for speaking presumptively in the name of YHWH .

Again, the burden of proof for this giant yarn and farce is on your shoulders.

You have been robbed.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I think the word "beast" in Revelation is ambguous, becuase the "beast from the sea" represents dominating political power, and the heads come in succession, so that each "head" is actually "the beast" for its own time.
So "the beast" can mean the whole body or the current manifestation of it, the current "head".

8 is a symbolic number like 7.
I did a thread on the relation between the seven kings and the eighth one;
Seven kings and an eighth

I dont know if i can agree to this. because in verse 17,12 and 13 it says:

12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

The Whole beast is one. Its a unity of People With the same political mind. The horns will groome the People to strengthen its political believes.

In verse 17,17. God is also given the ten horns some help.

17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

If you have a majority of slefish People and a minority of elect, and think of a Democracy. Who rules the Democracy?
The selfish. The beast is a multitue of People described in verse 17,15.

The 8 heads are Mountains described in verse 17,9

The Whole beast is a modern political Hierocracy.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

You and the competent scholars like Bart Erhman is spot on.

What ever you say is spot on. I am not arguing against you. I am just saying you and the Component scholar are fulfilling Gods Word basically Down to the last detail.

I am not going to tell you to stop.

The mark of the beast is not what you think it is. There is a reason why you dont know what the mark is.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

My idea is that the focus is on the 7 kings, not the heads (which is a symbol). The 8th king is one of the 7 fallen kings that will rise again, hence the mortal wound that is healed. Therefore, 7 heads, one fallen and resurrected to be king again.

I think the 8th king is Nimrod. Since Mystery Babylon is really Nineveh (zeph 2:13-15), I feel that the 7 heads are all Assyrian kings:
(No specific order)

Nimrod
Pul
Sennicherib
Sargon II
Shalpileser
Furture unknown king (the one that IS for a short while)
Nimrod resurrected as Apollyon

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Bull. The religion itself causes a positive feedback loop among "believers" with tripe like this. I've heard this applied totally differently, with just as valid "interpretations" from "experts" in the field of eschatology.

Why does your God threaten me, just for existing? Is he really that blood thirsty? Does he have little lion man complex?

So, I want to make sure I understand. Being one, and promoting brotherhood among humanity, is the Beast? So much for being your brothers own keeper as Jesus instructed you to do. Did you think that only applied to your fellow special club members?

Hypocrite. Take the plank out of your own eye first.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Please prove John is not a false prophet, per Deuteronomy 18. You have to prove it was accurate to begin with, before you can come at me with any supposed details.

Else, this is fiction. And what you discuss is only from your imagination.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

Bull. The religion itself causes a positive feedback loop among "believers" with tripe like this. I've heard this applied totally differently, with just as valid "interpretations" from "experts" in the field of eschatology.

Why does your God threaten me, just for existing? Is he really that blood thirsty? Does he have little lion man complex?

So, I want to make sure I understand. Being one, and promoting brotherhood among humanity, is the Beast? So much for being your brothers own keeper as Jesus instructed you to do. Did you think that only applied to your fellow special club members?

Hypocrite. Take the plank out of your own eye first.

Why is god threating you?
Because you are selfish and you make selfish Choices. It is your fault because you do know the difference between right and wrong. But still you make selfish Choices. Not in you own opinion but in the opinion of the elect. You are not alone you have a lot of support from the majority. because the majority of us are selfish.

You are one of the People among the majority who make up the nature of the beast that will hunt the elect that speak against you.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
a reply to: signalfire

Why do you post on a thread that deals with gibberish if you think it is gibberish?

Because people who read stuff that has been translated from a translation from a translation from hundreds of years of Chinese-telephone style 'round the fire storytelling fascinate me.

The capacity for the human mind to waste time on the utterly inane is limitless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join