It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the beast in revelation 13,1 actually have 8 heads and not 7?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

As I understand it, the seven hills/mountains are those upon which that great city, the Vatican City sits.

These hills also represent the seven kings, who are the only Popes to have been crowned as sovereigns of this smallest COUNTRY in the world, since this city and country were both created by the Lateran Treaty in 1929. In Revelation 13:2, it says that it is the Dragon / Satan / the devil who gives the Beast from the Sea 'his power, and his THRONE, and great authority'.

The Eighth Head isn't counted with the seven, because it was [alive], is not [alive], yet shall be [alive and] present... and is: Judas Iscariot resurrected (ascending out of the bottomless pit / abyss / hell) - and he is the Son of Perdition / Man of Sin / Beast from the Sea / Little Horn = the Antichrist!

This Eighth Head will also rule over the 10 secular nations that he will lead into battle against the Son of God as per Revelation 17:12-14; hence the 10 crowns. Rev_13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

If you've ever read the full set of titles belonging to the Pope, you will understand the phrase 'names of blasphemy'!

Satan rules over the seven heads, which is why he is showing as having seven crowns - upon the seven heads. Rev_12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon [Satan / the devil], having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

(Revelation 20:20 supports the identification of the Dragon as 'the Devil and Satan'.)

edit on 4/7/2014 by Maigret because: Clarification and proofing

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
Russia dont fit into this verse at all.

I wasn't trying to make Russia fit the verse.
I was using Russia as a very contemporary illustration of the way that a head can "suffer a mortal wound" and come back to life.
I could have used China, which fell apart in its own early twentieth century revolution and "came back to life" under Mao tse Tung.

The other part you mention about the 10 horns being submissive by the main beast can not be correct.

It is what the text says.
That is how the Beast dominates the world, through subordinate agents.
And don't forget the point about the ambiguity of the word "Beast".
In ch.13 the Beast from the sea is the political power, but the Beast from the land is the individual who leads it.
The word "Beast" can mean the collective power or the individual according to context.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
You might enjoy this vid on the mark . very convincing .
a reply to: Aedaeum

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
nevermind i go with the below explanation perhaps

edit on 4-7-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

The vatican sits on seven hill. But if the vatican is one of the ten horns on one of the 7 heads. The Pope/papal See is not the whore.

A couple things to consider .John is taken to a desert place .Rome is not a desert place . Mecca is in a desert place and is also known as having seven hills . Also note that when Babylon has fallen has fallen ,it's burning can be seen from the sea where all the merchants are passing by .Mecca is where the Kaaba is and the whore could indicate the Islamic religion ,Mystery Babylon . a reply to: spy66 ETA this short clip makes good sense

edit on 4-7-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The beast represents primordial chaos of the abyss.
The spirit of God had put it under his subjection al creation.
The spirit of the dragon gave it the ability to return with power.
Seven represents the nature of its incarnation. (Rome)
Eight represents its power of regeneration.
edit on 4-7-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

edit on 4/7/14 by Rycas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

edit on 4/7/14 by Rycas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thank you for those videos. Very much appreciated

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I'm not sure which part of my post you're disagreeing with.
I said that the Beast is political power, and you do at least agree that the Beast is political power.
If the "heads" are individual states, that explains how a "head" can suffer a mortal wound and come back to life. It's already happened to Russia, twice over in the last century, not to mention other states.

The unity of the "ten horns" is actually the submission of subordinate rulers to the main ruler. In the same way that Mussolini and Petain and Quisling "gave over their wills" to Hitler, in varying degrees.

One factor which you haven't noticed is the way that "being an eighth" is part of the Beast's imitation of Christ.
Christ is "eighth" through being raised from the dead on the eighth day of the week (the day following the seventh), and because his resurrection is symbolised by Noah, who was "the eighth man" on the Ark.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I'm not sure which part of my post you're disagreeing with.
I said that the Beast is political power, and you do at least agree that the Beast is political power.
If the "heads" are individual states, that explains how a "head" can suffer a mortal wound and come back to life. It's already happened to Russia, twice over in the last century, not to mention other states.

The unity of the "ten horns" is actually the submission of subordinate rulers to the main ruler. In the same way that Mussolini and Petain and Quisling "gave over their wills" to Hitler, in varying degrees.

One factor which you haven't noticed is the way that "being an eighth" is part of the Beast's imitation of Christ.
Christ is "eighth" through being raised from the dead on the eighth day of the week (the day following the seventh), and because his resurrection is symbolised by Noah, who was "the eighth man" on the Ark.

After WW1 the League of Nations was formed. US/GB being the chief promoters. It was abandoned and WW2 started. After WW2 The United Nations was formed, once again US/GB as the chief promoters. The League of Nations (representative of the beast) got the death stroke, but came alive again as The United Nations. It is the 8th king mentioned at Revelation for it "belongs to the seven"

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Maigret

The 7 mountains can not be the Vatican City. Because It is not 7 hills but 7 mountains where the whore sits. Verse 17,15. And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

These 7 mountains are made up of a multitude of people, and nations, and tongues. The 7 mountains can not be the Vatican City. And the Vatican is no the great CIty.

The 7 mountains where the whore sits are:

1. Government.
2. Religion.
3. Media.
4. Education.
5. Capitalism/Buisness.
6. Arts and entertaiment
7. Family.

These 7 are the only foundatiuons that can unite and controll a multitude of natiosn and people and tongues. The 10 horns (including the vatican) sits on top of these things. So does the kings, and so does the whore, the whore sits on top of them all.

There is something else, The beast with 8 head is scalet coloured. As of today there is no scarlet coloured political mass of people and nations. The scarlet colours is probably a collour LOGO that represents the beasts political ideology.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Revelation chapter 18 describes and gives more details about what the whore is. And nothing there indicates that the whore is the Vatican or the Pope.

verse 18,2

2And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

If Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and you think that Babylon is the vatican (satans beast) why would it say that Babylon is become the habitations of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird, if the vatican already was a habitation of devils? Dosent make sense does it?

Verse 3.

3For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

How can the whore be The Vatican/Babylon? Have all the kings and merchants of the eath waxed rich through the aboundance of her delicacies? No.

verse 11.

11And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

These are the things we are not going to buy:

verse 12 and 13.

12The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

13And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

Who is the whore that could make this possible?

It must have something to do with our captialistic system/capitalism. If the worlds captialsim fails, that would bring a whole mountain down. And it would without doubt have an effect on the 7 other mountains. There will be a reason why all the 10 kings will hate the whore. And this would be it.

>We all know what a whore is, it is the oldest trade in the book known to man. That is also why the whore is called a woman. But how does the 10 horns and 10 crowns do buisness with the whore?
The whore must have something or can give something that these 10 horns and 10 crowns want. And the whore would want something in return from the 10 horns and 10 crowns for the faivor/trade. Whoring is a buisness proposition.

The 10 horns and 10 crowns want power over the beast (over the multitudes of people). And they turn to the whore to make a buisness proposition to make that possible. But what would be the whors demand? What do the 10 horns and 10 crowns trade with the whore?

You all know what it is.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

The vatican sits on seven hill. But if the vatican is one of the ten horns on one of the 7 heads. The Pope/papal See is not the whore.

A couple things to consider .John is taken to a desert place .Rome is not a desert place . Mecca is in a desert place and is also known as having seven hills . Also note that when Babylon has fallen has fallen ,it's burning can be seen from the sea where all the merchants are passing by .Mecca is where the Kaaba is and the whore could indicate the Islamic religion ,Mystery Babylon . a reply to: spy66 ETA this short clip makes good sense

It cant be Mecca either because the whore sits on 7 mountains not 7 hills.
Revelation 17,9.

9And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

The other part is that there is a verse that explains what the 7 mountains are.

15And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

The whore is a what a whore is. She trades a faivor for a faivor. Either the 10 horns whent to the whore or the whore whent to the 10 horns to strike a deal. We all know that the whore chased the horns to strike a deal.

The whore is a mystery. No one is more of a mystery to the world than the people who run the money system. The money system gives the horns political power and its nations the ability to build and evolve. In return the whore was given the power over the printing press. The other deal that the horns have made with the whore is to stay silent when it comes to the knowledge of the whore. Offisially no one know who the whore really is.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I think the whore represents religion .At one time it was believed that was the Roman Catholic Church in Rome where there are also 7 hills maybe 10 depending .Mystery Babylon goes back to Nimrod and Semiramis and can still be found in many religions of the world .Well that is the way I understand it . a reply to: spy66 ETA you have to understand it in a religious context from the Bible in that Israel played the Harlot with other gods and was not faithful to their God .

edit on 11-7-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)
ETA #2 this is a older bible study on the subject

ETA ..Chuck Messler does as good a job as many but there is something to consider . Daniels prophecy and vision was to be sealed to the end times .Johns Revelation was not to be sealed . One Empire not mentioned is the Ottoman Empire .Could it be that the wound that was healed is the re emergence of that Empire in the last days ? Daniels statue was of 4 world powers .The feet mixed with clay are not another Empire but part of the 4th .People like to make a deal out of the ten toes on the feet but dont do the same for the fingers on the two arms . If what Daniel was told in that he was to seal up his vision until the end ,how could biblical commentators unseal it prior to the end times ? Even Chuck Messier claims that the consensus among historic scholars say it is Rome .

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I've read this a few times and until recently did not know what to think about it. But....now I believe it means that the 8th is made up of the 7 in other words if you think of the 7 as seven individual facets of the 8th and the 8th as the singular manifestation of all 7.
Just my opinion though

Harry

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Daniels prophecy and vision was to be sealed to the end times .Johns Revelation was not to be sealed . One Empire not mentioned is the Ottoman Empire .Could it be that the wound that was healed is the re emergence of that Empire in the last days ? Daniels statue was of 4 world powers.
Revelation was written in the end times, so no need for sealing.
The final empire of Daniel was the current one for John.
The world changing event, which was the stone in Daniel, was the city from Heaven in Revelation.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The whore does not represent religion. The whore sits on top of religion. The whore does not care what faith and religion we fallow and worship as long as the whore can control the laws of religion which we must fallow. The whore does not care who create the money laws as long as the whore can controll the amount of money being issued/printed.

18,7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much tormens and sorrow give her: For she saith in her hart, I sit a QUEEN, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

The whore sits on 7 mountains. She is not one of the 7 mountains. She is not one of the ten horns or one of the ten crowns. Religion is one of the 7 mountains the whore sits on top of. The Vatican/Papal see is one of the horns that represents religion. The Papal see is in league with the whore "The Whore is not a Widow". The whore is in league with all the 10 horns and all the 10 kings. She saith in her hart, I SIT A QUEEN, AND AM NO WIDOW.

And this is why she is a Whore.

“Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men’s views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.” – Woodrow Wilson, 28th President of the United States, The New Freedom, 1913

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Wilson was probably referring to the Jesuits .In most orders there are the ones at the bottom and there are degrees to the top much like the Masons . The Jesuit order seem to fit the bill as to the powers behind the scenes .The Black pope would be the one calling the shots and only uses the RCC status as a entity that has consulates and diplomatic immunity plus the banking . . a reply to: spy66

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I find it hard to believe that the whore would be the Black Pope. The Black Pope is not a Mystery. The Black Pope also have a titel, that means someone above gave that title to him.

No one have given the whore a title. Becasue nothing is above her. She have proclaimed her self as a QUEEN. No one have given her that title.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join