It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the beast in revelation 13,1 actually have 8 heads and not 7?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is one part of a larger series that has a good grip on Babylon and what a lot of scholars consider to be Mystery Babylon . I found that the whole series well worth watching
a reply to: spy66

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
I've read this a few times and until recently did not know what to think about it. But....now I believe it means that the 8th is made up of the 7 in other words if you think of the 7 as seven individual facets of the 8th and the 8th as the singular manifestation of all 7.
Just my opinion though

Harry

I think so to. Because there is a difference in how John describes the beast and how the angel describes it.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The whore that sits on 7 mountains is not a femail, the woman that sits on the seven mountains is not really a woman at all. The whore is not married and never have been. The whore in revelation 17 does not have any resembalance with the whore who became a queen in Babylon.

The whore described in revelation 17 is more like a cartel of svorn memebrs, a very powerful cartel of svorn members.
This cartel have been given the description of being a whore because of how it does buisness with the ten horns.

This whore say's that she is a Qeen and am not a widow. But in reality this is not what the catel of members say at all. A cartel can not be a queen or a widow. This is just how the whore is described in revelations. This is a part of the Mystery of the whore.

From the Urban dictionary:

whore

A woman that sleeps with everyone but YOU!!!!!

SEE: SLUT - A woman that sleeps with everyone.

The whore in revelation 17 is not a femail, it is not a woman, it is a cartel of very powerful memebers.

The mountains is not really something physical. Its a piramid or a hierocracy of wealth and power destribution within a society/nations.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
If you use the erban dictionary or even modern dictionaries for the meaning of things then you will have a problem with the Bride .We know from scripture that the Bride is the church .I am a male and not a woman so how is it possible for me to be a bride using your path of understanding ? The Bible uses symbolism and is usually quite consistent through out .When I first started studying the Bible I was forced to put down the Websters and get a Strong's to find the particular meaning of some of the words that were used .
I am presently reading a new book by Chris White that deals with the anti-Christ . Very interesting read and is clarifying up some of my own misunderstandings on the subject ....peace a reply to: spy66

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
If you use the erban dictionary or even modern dictionaries for the meaning of things then you will have a problem with the Bride .We know from scripture that the Bride is the church .I am a male and not a woman so how is it possible for me to be a bride using your path of understanding ? The Bible uses symbolism and is usually quite consistent through out .When I first started studying the Bible I was forced to put down the Websters and get a Strong's to find the particular meaning of some of the words that were used .
I am presently reading a new book by Chris White that deals with the anti-Christ . Very interesting read and is clarifying up some of my own misunderstandings on the subject ....peace a reply to: spy66

What is the bride? I will tell you what the bride is.Because it is not the church you think it is. The Church is one of the ten horns. The Lamb will destroy the church you think of.

Lets start with revelation 21,1 first.

1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

According to rev. 21,1 old earth is gone, and so are all the people. The verse tels us that there is no more sea. The sea represents people.

WHat is the Bride?

2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

9And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

The lamb is Jesus. He's bride are the people who are written in the book of life. It is the people who are written in the book of life who come down from God out of heaven.

The marrige between the Lamb and the bride is just the oposite of whoring. The lamb and God will be faithfull to its bride. Not like the whore in revelation 17... who is far from feithful and good towards the "beast" and the human foundation of the world.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I am not sure how I should respond to you . Where and how to even start .The Church started at Pentecost and all that believed were baptized with the Holy Sprite .(Acts) The New Testament paints a different picture as to what the Church is then what you have claimed .I am thinking that we are so far apart that even trying to discuss it would would be hard unless we had a basic starting point that we could both agree on .Who do you say Jesus is ? a reply to: spy66

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I am presently reading a new book by Chris White that deals with the anti-Christ .
I wouldn't accept any of that.
It looks like just more 'rebuild the temple' propaganda.
The "Babylon" of Revelation was Rome.
Babylon in its time was an empire that took over countries to loot them, just like what the Roman Empire did in their day.

edit on 13-7-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I'd be more concerned if it was more than a book, but it's not. It is only a book.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

"The Eight" can refer to a few things. In Music it is the do-re-mi scale, you see this in the instructions to Psalms. The eight is the octave which makes it the same as the first note. This may seem trivial to most, but back in the day, Music carried the highest secrets and was one of the prominent four cardinal sciences, called the Quadrivium.

The circle of fifth can be ordered like below:

[PS, this table shows the Norwegian way of naming keys. B is Bb (or Hb) and H is B] See en.wikipedia.org...

This system was seen as divine and orders the 12 tones of the chromatic scale in seven groups of seven major and minor keys, or eight when you include the two keys that are only played on the white keys of a keyboard. The esoteric appliances to mystery and science are elaborate. The same system was applied to astronomy and arithmetics and was and is used by architects and artists, an is at the core of 36/666 geometry, seen in calendars and zodiacs and wherever this system is used.
edit on 13-7-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Added pic, PS, PS link and last sentence

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

much discernment is needed to address your question....

the basic fact is that the 8th head being one-of-the-seven, means that a resurrected empire/kingdom is meant

but which one of the 7 world empires will rise again? (to become the 8th & final 'Beast' empire of the antichrist]

Here is the Key:

And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard,
and his feet were as the feet of a bear,
and his mouth as the mouth of a lion:
and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

the Rev 13, final Beast Empire...was like a Leopard

Leopard = Greek Empire of Alexander & notably the beast-man arises from the Seleucid kingdom, a prophecy says the man-of-perdition arises from Assyrian lands, both north & west of Jerusalem. the Seleucid kingdom came about directly after Alexander's Greek Empire broke into 4 pieces (Egypt/Syrian/Macedon/Greece)

the Rev 13, final Beast Empire...had the feet of Bear
Bear = the Mede-Persian Empire---seat of the Shia Republic nation of Iran, which is also the Shia led Caliphate

the Rev 13, final Beast Empire...the mouth of the Lion
Lion = refers to the Babylonian Empire, modern Iraq, in which now exists the Sunni declared Caliphate (this is still evolving)

since John was alive only during the 6th world empire, Roman Empire... the 7th world empire had not yet come into existence
I, along with mr. shoebat of youtube noterity, concur that the 7th empire was Islam...and Islam will reemerge in a resurrected Caliphate (8th head that is really one-of-the-7)...in the Area of Syria-Iran-Iraq as a Caliphate

parts of Turkey will make up the 10 toes of clay & iron of the final Caliphate (reborn) if only because it was in
Ephesus Turkey where the religion of Goddess Worship was fiercely practiced (fertility goddess & moon goddess worship) which was also accompanied by worshiping the 'Image" that fell from Jupiter (a black stone meteorite worship)

see: Acts 19:35 -> ...Ye men of Ephesus, what man is there that knoweth not how that the city of the Ephesians is a worshipper of the great goddess Diana, and of the image which fell down from Jupiter?...

So, do you see where the idolizing of a Crescent Moon symbol and a black meteor began...
way before the Muslims & Mecca there was Ephesus and the Temple of Diana=Artemis with the sacred Black Stone from the gods
...so even if Jihad Islam seems new.. it has its roots in the Turkish city of Ephesus,
which was a part of the 5th Head or Greek Empire > Seleucid Kingdom...

hence the unified Final Beast composed of Leopard/Bear/Lion appearance
that is actually reborn as the Islamic Caliphate...
(a Caliphate reborn soon after the 1st blood moon of 2014)

I hope it was clear enough, because the prophecy gets all convoluted with twists & turns so that the 'end times' might be sealed until it is ordained for the secrets, revelations, apocalypse to be revealed
and then when the veil is removed we will know that the Final 70th week is upon the world

edit on th31140526730713012014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You do know that there are plans to rebuild the temple don't you ? It's not propaganda but a fact! a reply to: jmdewey60

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

. . . there are plans to rebuild the temple . . .

Which would not have been possible without 200 years of propaganda.
They aren't going to stop the propaganda now.

edit on 13-7-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think it may have started with Daniel 300 bc and restated By Jesus in Matt 24 . a reply to: jmdewey60

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Revelation is not really about the beast that John describes in revelation 13,1. Revelation is about the judgement of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters. Revelations is about the judgment of the eighth head, the whore.

7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

If you think about how a social hierachy is built up. You will notise that it looks exactly like a Pyramid. Its a pyramid of power and statue. Within this pyramid is bouth the beast and the whore. But the whore is on top of the pyramid. The colour of the beast also implies this. The beast is scarelt coloured, and the whore is purple. The pyramid is scarlet cloured from the base of the pyramid and up close to the top, the top is purple.

Nothing about this have anything to do with the Old Babylon. Or the whore who became a queen of Babylon.

The churches described in the Bible are not a buildings of stone or wood. These things are not blessed by God, these buildings are only blessed by man, these synbols cant pray or worship God. These buildings/churches are nothing but symbolism.

The true church is within each and everyone of us. Only we are blessed by God, only we can make a true prair to God. A building can not do that. We dont even have to be in a "Church" to be heard by God or to be blessed. These idieas are only rituals of man.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
One thing I will point out, is there are two beasts with seven heads and ten horns in Revelation. The first beast is at Revelation 13:1,2 and is like a leopard with feet of a bear and mouth of a lion. The second is described as a scarlet colored beast which the whore sits on top at Revelation 17:3. The first is the beast (representative of the 7 world powers), the second is the image of the beast (or the 8th king) and representative of the 7th head trying to create a worldwide peace organization AKA the UN. There are only 7 kings, the eighth is an "image" of the beast (the 7) as it says in Revelation. It will never replace the seventh kingdom, but will coexist as the UN does.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

The whore is herself a symbol, not a being. She symbolizes adultery against God. How do you commit adultery against God? The bible itself answers that question.

‘But like a woman faithless to her lover, even so have you been faithless to me, O house of Israel,’ says the LORD” (Jeremiah 3:20; see also Isaiah 1:21; 57:8; Ezekiel 16:30).

The Bible tells us that people who choose to be friends with the world are an “adulterous people” having “enmity against God” (James 4:4–5). The “world” here is the system of evil under Satan’s control (John 12:31; Ephesians 2:2).

The world system is designed to lure us away from a pure relationship with God. Adultery, in this context then, is the forsaking of God and the embracing of the world’s values and desires (Romans 8:7–8; 2 Timothy 4:10; 1 John 2:15–17).

Jesus said, “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other” (Matthew 6:24). The Bible exhorts, “Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world” (1 John 2:15–16).

The adulterousness of the beast is symbolized with a whore riding it; any addiction is said to have a "monkey on your back", the beast of revelations has an addiction too - it's addiction is shown as unfaithfulness to God.

edit on 15-7-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The RC Church ruled over the kings of Europe, that's why the Papal Crown has three crowns on top of eachother. The lowest crown is the crown of the common king. The middle crown is the crown of the empire. And the third crown on the top is the crown of Christ who is the Pope acting like the Vicar of Christ in vacante, according to RCC doctrine.

en.wikipedia.org...

The divine right of kings, or divine-right theory of kingship, is a political and religious doctrine of royal and political legitimacy. It asserts that a monarch is subject to no earthly authority, deriving the right to rule directly from the will of God. The king is thus not subject to the will of his people, the aristocracy, or any other estate of the realm, including (in the view of some, especially in Protestant countries) the Church. According to this doctrine, only God can judge an unjust king. The doctrine implies that any attempt to depose the king or to restrict his powers runs contrary to the will of God and may constitute a sacrilegious act. It is often expressed in the phrase "by the Grace of God", attached to the titles of a reigning monarch.

Count the crowns. Seven European kings with seven crowns add the Pope as "The Eighth", and you have ten crowns, seven heads and the beast itself, the Pope, and they all hump the leg of the half drunken giggling Church. The eighth hill and kingdom is the Vatican height and the Vatican Nation inside a Nation, Vatican vs. Italy or the late Roman Empire. It's not much of a mystery really. It's quite straightforward.
edit on 15-7-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Being more precise

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Count the crowns. Seven European kings with seven crowns add the Pope as "The Eighth", and you have ten crowns, seven heads and the beast itself, the Pope, and they all hump the leg of the half drunken giggling Church. The eighth hill and kingdom is the Vatican height and the Vatican Nation inside a Nation, Vatican vs. Italy or the late Roman Empire. It's not much of a mystery really. It's quite straightforward.

First of. It is not 7 hills. It is seven Mountains. And it cant be the Vatican city because revelation is not talking about a physical mountain of rocks (where do yo get that from?). The Mountains represent a hieracracy within a society with a multitude of People.
There are ten horns all together, some of these hierocracies have more than one horn sinse there are only seven Mountains.

The Kings are not really kings but will recieve the Power of kings for one hour With the beast (So the kings you speak of are not it). These kings mentioned in revelations are politicall leaders and not real kings.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Depends if you see heads as CEO's or chairmen.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: jazz10
Depends if you see heads as CEO's or chairmen.

Non of them. This is politics. Politics will be used to controll the beast for one hour. We the People are groomed to fallow political policy, laws and demands. We (the beast) fallow government.

The whore on the other hand controll everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join