It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby wins Supreme Court case, limits the ACA contraception mandate

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Huh?
As a guy I literally can go into any convenience store, super market, gas station, take your pick of just about any other store and by a condom .

This is about female birth control. Women have to jump through hoops to get on the pill or something else especially if they do not have decent health insurance.

Condoms are expensive. If you are struggling to eat then condoms are not in the budget. Not being able to afford condoms will never stop people from having sex.

This is the real world people....

Birth control is much cheaper than welfare.
edit on 2-7-2014 by jrod because: add quote

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I think what he means is that there is no one standing around shoving rubbers and pills into your pocket as you walk past. There are no buckets out on the sidewalks filled with contraceptives free for the taking. I think he wants an Obamaphone.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Way to jump to conclusions. Cute way to try to discredit me.

Have you ever been outside the US?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Jrod...do you seriously believe that those in HUD housing projects are seeking contraceptives? Are you 14 years old?

They could care less about contraceptives. They do not touch them, they do not want them and they could care less what you or I think about it as long as the free ride continues. They have access to contraceptives...for free.

To think that the Hobby Lobby decision is going to affect welfare mom's desire to not procreate anymore is ... hmm..what's a nice way to put it?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Lived 5 years in Costa Rica. Been to Vietnam. Have been across the border to Mexico more times than you can count to.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

That's funny...I dont remember hoops involved when my wife and I wanted contraceptives. None...it was rather easy, as a matter of fact.

Do they not pass them out in High School for free? Can you not go to Planned Parenthood and pay nothing or pay on a sliding scale based on your income? If that is jumping through hoops then OMG do not look for a job. Ever!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Birth control needs to be easier to access. The US is backward in regards to the rest of the world in health care.

Now females who work for hobby lobby will have to pay out of pocket for birth control. Why should they be forced to pay an extra $200+ a year on working class wages?

Guess who reaps the benefits on that?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well. Yes. It DID happen...

Source - Justices Act In Other Health Law Mandate Cases

The Supreme Court on Tuesday confirmed that its decision a day earlier extending religious rights to closely held corporations applies broadly to the contraceptive coverage requirement in the new health care law, not just the handful of methods the justices considered in their ruling.

The justices did not comment in leaving in place lower court rulings in favor of businesses that object to covering all 20 methods of government-approved contraception.

Oklahoma-based Hobby Lobby Inc. and a Pennsylvania furniture maker won their court challenges Monday in which they refused to pay for two emergency contraceptive pills and two intrauterine devices.

Tuesday's orders apply to companies owned by Catholics who oppose all contraception. Cases involving Colorado-based Hercules Industries Inc., Illinois-based Korte & Luitjohan Contractors Inc. and Indiana-based Grote Industries Inc. were awaiting action pending resolution of the Hobby Lobby case.

So it IS being applied to ALL forms of birth control by some Catholic owned companies. I knew it was just a breath away when the ruling came down...

peace,
AB
edit on 2-7-2014 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

I don't know man...I think we should extend the "right" to abortion to 5 years after birth. That way if the parent decides they made a mistake they can still have the child aborted. OH...and the father has no say in the subject. He didn't carry the child to term, after all.

Seems reasonable to me? no?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Birth control needs to be easier to access. The US is backward in regards to the rest of the world in health care.

Now females who work for hobby lobby will have to pay out of pocket for birth control. Why should they be forced to pay an extra $200+ a year on working class wages?

This is a legit question and not meant in a snarky manner.
Of the other 16 types of birth control that Hobby Lobby offers are any of those usable by a woman?

AS for your if you are struggling to eat comment..
If you are struggling to eat then you should be mature enough to not risk bringing another mouth into the world that also is then struggling to eat.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

So stoked about the Hobby Lobby ruling today. Officially going to incorporate myself so I can get a religious exemption for my student loans debt they violate my deeply held religious conviction that all debts are supposed to be forgiven every seven years, as per the book of Deuteronomy.

recoveringhipster.net...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

To pretend that poor people will not have sex because they are struggling to put food on the table is living with wool of your eyes my friend.

I am not familiar with what birth control pill options they carry. Not everyone women can use some types.

Plan B is one I believe they oppose....very expensive for a tiny dose retail. Real women and the real world rely on this to prevent an unwanted pregnancy.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Yet these poor kids have no problems shelling out $300.00+ every year for a new iPhone.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
If you are struggling to eat then you should be mature enough to not risk bringing another mouth into the world that also is then struggling to eat.

All the more reason to have as many options on the table as possible, not less, right????

But that's the Right Wing Logic for ya. Complain about too many kids on welfare so let's restrict the Birth Control Options or make them more costly for those who might need them. That way when more unwanted children are born they can complain about that too and demand that people just need to stop having sex. Because we all know how well that works. Radical Right Wingers don't live in reality though so it's not surprising in the least.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Perhaps you should define "the rest of the world".

I dunno...why don't we just give everyone in the USA (except the rich, of course) a $20 an hour wage increase?

OMG someone may have to pay for contraceptives!! Holy Cow..I remember how..just...a ..few.. months ago.. oh nevermind.

Funny how when I was young...I was making working class wages and my wife was a stay at home mom and we still managed to, not only afford contraception, but also managed to put food on the table etc etc etc. Of course we didn't have the largest TV nor did we have the most modern telephone nor was our vehicle brand spanking new...but we did place our priorities where they were needed. We didn't spend 100 bucks on freaking Nikes either. We didn't go out to eat often, we very very seldom went out bar hopping.

We also didnt raise hoodlums. We didnt raise children with violent tendencies. We didnt raise our children to exhibit the most atrocious social skills possible. We didnt raise our kids to wind up in prison. We didnt raise our kids to be alcoholics, drug abusers or dealers either.

We worked for what we wanted, what we needed and we worked to improve our lot in life. Why? *gasp* because we took pride in our lives, in our kids and in our work. We did not suck off of the teat of society. We didnt sit around whining because we had to pay for something... we didnt whine because contraceptives were not FREE.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I am rather sure that they aren't passing out oral contraceptives in our high school and if they are inserting IUDs into into minor children in those schools that are ummm....
probably breaking a few laws

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

That comment is foul. Some people are foul.

There will always be someone, somewhere who finds a way to scam the system.

Unwanted pregnancies are a problem, contraception is much cheaper than welfare.

We are already paying for millions of babies and children with welfare and that number continue to grows.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
But that's the Right Wing Logic for ya. Complain about too many kids on welfare so let's restrict the Birth Control Options or make them more costly for those who might need them.

I'm not seeing how anyone's birth control is being restricted they are just saying "we will pay for these choices and if you want to use this choice have at it , you have to pay on your own."

These apparently are the 16 types they offer and their are more in there for women then men. So tell me again, how they are restricting BC?

Male condoms
Female condoms
Diaphragms with spermicide
Sponges with spermicide
Cervical caps with spermicide
Spermicide alone
Birth-control pills with estrogen and progestin (“Combined Pill)
Birth-control pills with progestin alone (“The Mini Pill)
Birth control pills (extended/continuous use)
Contraceptive patches
Contraceptive rings
Progestin injections
Implantable rods
Vasectomies
Female sterilization surgeries
Female sterilization implants

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Exactly right!! Why?

Because no one can take responsibility for their lives anymore. OMG rubbers are soooo inconvenient, or expensive or whatever.

BS reasons to procreate and then claim "it wasnt my fault!!" or perhaps "it's societies fault I am pregnant". No effing responsibility. No one knows how to take care of the important things in life anymore...or rather they think the latest smartphone or Nike is more important than stupid contraceptives. I mean hell...I will shell out 3 or 400 bucks for phone but cannot afford to keep myself from getting pregnant!! You do know what causes that, right?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Ok...that is about as stupid as I have heard. Are rubbers not contraception?

Do rubbers not work? Why do people require the most expensive forms of contraception? Is it because then if they get preggo they can blame it on society for not providing them with contraception? Or common sense for that matter?

What moron parent is going get an IUD shoved into an underage girl? Why would they?

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join