It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby wins Supreme Court case, limits the ACA contraception mandate

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

The phone argument has no basis.

The real world. In Costa Rica mi chica can go to the pharmacia and buy a month of BC for less than $10 american.....less if they guy behind the counter likes her. Here it cost about $20 a month and she has to see a Dr to get a Rx, which with no insurance cost about $150 every 6 months.

DO not expect the dumb masses to be responsible in regards to their sexual activity. Primal urges will always prevail. Poverty brings out primal urges in all of us.

edit on 2-7-2014 by jrod because: haha

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Yeah...that list restricts my choices. I am being bereft of my rights to contraceptives!! If I get pregnant it will be societies fault.... not mine!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

condoms is the least effective type of birth control and women will be advised to use another form of birth control along with to provide additional safety.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Daedalus

pregnancy is not a medical condition...it's not a disease, or a tumor...it's a developmental stage of life...it is a creation of a new life, which, yes, can have some rather serious effects on the mother....it can CAUSE medical conditions, but it is not, itself, a medical condition....

Then why do most women have their babies delivered in a hospital by DOCTORS? That says medical condition to me!

Even midwifes are trained by medical personnel. Epic fail amigo!!!

Try not to let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!!!

Here is a definition: (perhaps it should be the definition of ignorant, but I will skip that for now)

medical condition A disease, illness or injury; any physiologic, mental or psychological condition or disorder (e.g., orthopaedic; visual, speech or hearing impairments; cerebral palsy; epilepsy; muscular dystrophy; multiple sclerosis; cancer; medical condition A disease, illness or injury; any physiologic, mental or psychological condition or disorder (e.g., orthopaedic; visual, speech or hearing impairments; cerebral palsy; epilepsy; muscular dystrophy; multiple sclerosis; cancer; coronary artery disease; diabetes; mental retardation; emotional or mental illness; specific learning disabilities; HIV disease; TB; drug addiction; alcoholism). A biological or psychological state which is within the range of normal human variation is not a medical condition.

I don't see pregnancy listed. Nor do I see stupid, moron nor ignorant fool listed as medical conditions.

Yet if I google "medical conditions" A-Z, Pregnancy is listed on multiple medical sites.
There is one here:
www.webmd.com...

It's not really cut and dried.
A euphemism from years ago was "in a delicate condition" to describe a pregnant woman.
So you can see why people still use the term.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Destinyone

This is where my conservative side takes center stage. As a business owner, I don't want government telling me how to run my business especially when it comes to social issues. And birth control is a social, cultural and religious issue.

Actually it is a medical issue. Would you consider insulin religious and political as well? Some women need birth control, not to prevent babies, but due to health issues.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Ah...and how much is the per capita income in Costa Rica? How does it compare to the per capita income in the US?

Make it oranges and oranges and then we will talk. You forget...I lived there, chica. You know the volcano outside San Jose? It was spewing out ash pretty well when I arrived there. There were "living fences" ... If you know what I mean. If you don't then you are full of it.

I lived and spent most of my time in the sw of Costa Rica...love them Ticos! Nice, gracious, polite, smart, and well educated people. Much more so than the rest of Central America. Much more so than most of the US, for that matter.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

oh jesus christ, thank you...you're my bestest friend right now...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Oh gee...I am sorry. Is 9% fail rate too high to justify using and hence will go without altogether because, omg, I cannot afford an IUD?

Or perhaps, that makes a good excuse to ignore responsibility for your own actions. Perhaps we should blame society and shift the cost and blame to society at large. Then no one will have their feelings hurt because they are ...oh...what? Too stupid to keep from getting pregnant?
Or too irresponsible to bother doing the right thing? If that is the case, then forget the contraceptives, they wont bother using them anyway.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Aaah I see this is where genius resides.....

So to become a OBGYN, anyone can as pregnancy is non medical? OK I'll get one of these bozos to deliver my baby. Not to mention non medical care for any conditions that may arise such as ectopic pregnancies, maybe we should just get a tattoo artist to remove it from the fallopian tube? Dunno what do you guys recommend? I appreciate your smarts....

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Birth control is free in Costa Rica for residents,,,,,gringos pago.

Nice try on the per capita angle.

1 month's rent* per year is how much birth control costs for an American women with a taxable income.

*Small apartment

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

originally posted by: Daedalus

pregnancy is not a medical condition...it's not a disease, or a tumor...it's a developmental stage of life...it is a creation of a new life, which, yes, can have some rather serious effects on the mother....it can CAUSE medical conditions, but it is not, itself, a medical condition....

Then why do most women have their babies delivered in a hospital by DOCTORS? That says medical condition to me!

Even midwifes are trained by medical personnel. Epic fail amigo!!!

Try not to let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!!!

Here is a definition: (perhaps it should be the definition of ignorant, but I will skip that for now)

medical condition A disease, illness or injury; any physiologic, mental or psychological condition or disorder (e.g., orthopaedic; visual, speech or hearing impairments; cerebral palsy; epilepsy; muscular dystrophy; multiple sclerosis; cancer; medical condition A disease, illness or injury; any physiologic, mental or psychological condition or disorder (e.g., orthopaedic; visual, speech or hearing impairments; cerebral palsy; epilepsy; muscular dystrophy; multiple sclerosis; cancer; coronary artery disease; diabetes; mental retardation; emotional or mental illness; specific learning disabilities; HIV disease; TB; drug addiction; alcoholism). A biological or psychological state which is within the range of normal human variation is not a medical condition.

I don't see pregnancy listed. Nor do I see stupid, moron nor ignorant fool listed as medical conditions.

Yet if I google "medical conditions" A-Z, Pregnancy is listed on multiple medical sites.
There is one here:
www.webmd.com...

It's not really cut and dried.
A euphemism from years ago was "in a delicate condition" to describe a pregnant woman.
So you can see why people still use the term.

Thats odd...I followed your link. Went to the p's, hit the po to pt tab and failed to find pregnancy listed.

This is a very comprehensive list...so maybe I did it wrong, but normally I find pregnancy after po and before pt

Edit: I searched under medical conditions and did find a link for pregnancy. Once I clicked on the link I found a bunch of things that can go wrong with a pregnancy...was that what you were talking about?
edit on 2-7-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Your little high school style of trying to make a point might making for a good sound byte and can sway and ignorant audience but it fails to address the issue.

deficiencies in your mental faculties are not my fault, nor my problem.

Unwanted pregnancies are a problem, especially with the youth

yes...you've said that.....several times now...

Trying to suggest that everyone needs to be responsible and stop making babies they can not afford nor take care is not a realistic approach.

lol....this is the height of stupidity....

it's like "hey doc, it hurts when i poke myself in the eye" and the doc says to stop poking yourself in the eye, to which you'd reply "naw, i'ma keep doing it, i need you to make it not hurt"

how in the hell is it that you can honestly believe that it's not realistic for people to be responsible for their actions? how an you believe it's not realistic to NOT do something, that is completely optional, if you can't afford to do it.....it's not like peeing, or taking a dump....those are things you MUST do, or you will die...making a baby is an optional thing....you're not gonna die if you don't....

if you can't afford that new car you want...guess what, you don't get that new car...can't afford that new game you want? guess, what? you don't get it.....

can't afford to take care of a child? don't make a child....it's REALLY simple....

why in the hell is almost everyone in this thread going full retard?

Birth control is much cheaper than welfare!

you've also said this SEVERAL times...and it's true...so go out and buy it, if you want it...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Can you guess what the number one way to prevent unwanted pregnancy is? Give you a hint it's free.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

It's there on the right-hand column...'tween the po's and the Pt's
Takes you to a list of drugs commonly used to treat the "symptoms" of pregnancy.
I have to admit that I
LOL @ "symptoms".

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

This is about female birth control. Women have to jump through hoops to get on the pill or something else especially if they do not have decent health insurance.

actually, it's not.....

it's about people not wanting to hafta pay for stuff....

there's no hoops, what the hell are you talking about?

Condoms are expensive. If you are struggling to eat then condoms are not in the budget. Not being able to afford condoms will never stop people from having sex.

-shrug- blowjob night? um....backdoor night?..um....masturbation?

seriously man...we were given brains to think with, not just to pad the inside of our skull...what do you want me to say? there's options....

This is the real world people....

yes, and in the real world, if you want something, you pay for it...

Birth control is much cheaper than welfare.

you're like a broken record of a really stupid song....and the knob to turn the turntable off is broken as well....

or, for those of you who have never even SEEN a record...a skipping CD, and the eject, and power buttons don't work..
edit on 7-2-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Free birth control promotes the general welfare of this country.

What kind of medical background do you have to make these kinds of blanket claims.

I am repeating my self over and over again otherwise it will be lost to this thread sliding so fast. So many Brawndo debaters love these issues.

Unwanted pregnancies are a problem. Birth control is much cheaper than welfare care of an infant.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

hmm..what's a nice way to put it?

-raises hand-

stupendously idiotic.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Contraceptives for a woman with a taxable income living in a one bedroom apt is equivalent to one month's rent? Really?

Where do you live that rent is that low or are you talking about the most expensive forms of contraceptives available?

A decent one bedroom apt in a safe neighborhood here in Dallas will run 700 to 1k bucks a month. The way you tell it then average costs of contraceptives here in Dallas would be over 50 bucks and up to 75 a month. BS

If that is the case then I say BS. If one is low income you do not drive a new Porsche. Fact of life..

Oh...is that next on the freebie list?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Unwanted pregnancies are a problem. Birth control is much cheaper than welfare care of an infant.

Agreed and if you work at Hobby Lobby you have 16 possible choices for birth control.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Now females who work for hobby lobby will have to pay out of pocket for birth control. Why should they be forced to pay an extra $200+ a year on working class wages?

no they don't....do you have a reading comprehension problem?

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join