It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby wins Supreme Court case, limits the ACA contraception mandate

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

a condom is cheaper than plan B....a condom is cheaper than welfare.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

originally posted by: bbracken677
hmm..what's a nice way to put it?

-raises hand-

stupendously idiotic.

LOL

Thanks...I am getting a bit frustrated with people constantly reaching into my pocket and stealing my money that I actually worked for. I didn't fill out forms for it, I worked for it.

I do not mind helping people who need helping. I do mind helping those who think they are freaking entitled to it and demand it and are healthy enough to work themselves but refuse to make the effort. Frack them.

I do not enter their homes in the morning and hold them down in bed, preventing them from getting up and looking for a fracking job.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

a condom is cheaper than plan B....a condom is cheaper than welfare.

No you are wrong..according to Jrod..real women in the real world use PlanB..condoms arent an option.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

so then you'd be ok with everyone being able to get abortion drugs.....so they can terminate a pregnancy......

and i get called a genocidal nazi for suggesting that maybe we should execute foreign invaders that keep violating our border illegally....

jesus, this is friggin bizzaro world...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

$500 a month is the going rate for a studio where I live.

Birth control pills: $20 a month

Doctor visit for Rx: $150

20*12=240

150*2= 300

240+300= 540

$540 a year is how much a women has to pay in the US to be on the pill.

PS Way to misrepresent what I originally posted. One month of rent per year.

edit on 2-7-2014 by jrod because: nice try....some are hopeless

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Knocking off the bottom 10% of the population would also promote the General Welfare.

I have an idea...why dont you take your money and buy a bunch of contraceptives and then give em away for free? You ever do that before? If not then....

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

and i get called a genocidal nazi for suggesting that maybe we should execute foreign invaders that keep violating our border illegally....

actually genocidal nazi is a compliment for that comment.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

What don't I take some of your money and bomb a bunch of brown people so I can grow opium?

Uncle Sam

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

that is what is happening isn't it??
the law says that the insurance must be provided some way
and the court didn't give any indication that was a problem for them
instead suggested shifting the burden over to us taxapayers.

Thank you!!!
I appreciate the extra dependents!!!

considering that I ended up pregnant while using that method well I am sorry but I don't feel that it is that effective had been on birth control pills for a long time and they never failed me.

and quite lecturing me about responsibility!
you don't know me or how responsible I am or not

but try to look at it from my viewpoint
I know what it is like to not be able to get proper medical care because it was unaffordable
this was while I was being responsible! I worked most of the time over 40 hours a week and had health insurance.
I paid taxes every week and then more come taxtime!
I watched as my county continually raised taxes on just about everything imanginable and then create new ones for us to pay always pointing to the giant medicaid bill that they were responsible for as justification for it!
and in the end I ended up up to my neck in doctor's bills, no diagnosis, and sometimes just falling down suddenly! and had to quite the job because I couldn't do it!!
and now I am supposed to accept that that burden is placed onto the taxpayers should be increased just so hobby lobby's religious rights are protected???

you can't continually be decreasing the living standard of the workers while giving such a high standard for those they are footing the tab for! and when they complain start griping about their lack of responisbilty!

link   

*nods*

I did not consider the doctor visit, although here in Texas you can go to a very nice clinic (not the free kind) in a very nice area and get your appointment for 100 bucks...no joke. So the 240 seems rather high, but then I dont live where you do.

My apologies, in this you are correct, or close enough. Dunno where you live, but rent is similar...I didnt consider an efficiency, but healthcare seems cheaper in Texas then where you are.

link   

originally posted by: jrod

What don't I take some of your money and bomb a bunch of brown people so I can grow opium?

Uncle Sam

yes that is the general preference for tax dollar spend it appears.

(post by Daedalus removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

first: I was not lecturing you on responsibility, I do not know you or your situation. I was referring to people in general. Except and unless I specifically addressed you, that is.

second: I agree.... our govt is sucking the life out of us. My major push in my position here is not religious driven. It is anti-govt interference. It is the desire that people be left alone, that people not be taxed into poverty, that giving entitlements just creates more need, more desire and more entitlements. I believe that people DO need help occasionally and they deserve it. I do NOT, however, feel that help should be an ongoing thing that is open ended and subject to abuse by those who will always take a free ride. I believe that we should be taught to be responsible...this is something parents can! (believe it or not) teach their children. You cannot wait until they are 13 to try to teach them ... likely is too late by then and more the pity since it is not the child's fault.

Adults not being responsible or even bothering to accept the responsibility for their actions or inactions is a real peeve for me. Inexcusably lazy bs way to live.

As Dean Wormer (?) said in a certain movie: "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Seems we are not teaching our kids these days the above words of wisdom.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

i don't even HAVE a job right now, and s**t like this pisses me off.....

for he record, i'm also NOT collecting any kind of welfare, disability, medicaid, or any other government moneys or programs...

i'd LOVE to work..i really, really, REALLY want a job...because i need money to buy things i want and need...funny, that...

honestly, i'd give my left nut for job right now...i'm THAT serious...

i'll say again..there's a hobby lobby opening down the road from my house very soon...i'ma go apply there...
edit on 7-2-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

and where are you fetching your numbers from?

and are you forgetting(oh yes you are) that the pill is still covered by their plan?

(post by Daedalus removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

kinda like "wtf" is a compliment for your avatar?

what are you trying to say, man?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

You are making an assumption, a dangerous one where I am concerned. One that is most assuredly incorrect, but if that is all you have to fall back on now, then dish it out. I can take it.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

You missed the point.

A women without insurance has to pay about $500 a year for the pill in the USA. That is extremely expensive, a rip off.

Inexpensive and sometimes free birth control may help curb unwanted pregnancies. The morning after pills cost about $50 for one dose.

Again:

Birth Control is much less expensive than welfare.

edit on 2-7-2014 by jrod because: Brawndo!

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join