It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby wins Supreme Court case, limits the ACA contraception mandate

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: bbracken677

And it's so much better when the Government requires Americans to follow the dictates of someone else's religion?

I really don't get this neocon worldview, admittedly.

No one is being required to follow the dictates of another's religion, they are only being disallowed from extorting funds from those religious people for use in paying for their own recreational activities. They have other options to avoid themselves having to pay for the consequences of their own actions.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

pregnancy is not a medical condition...it's not a disease, or a tumor...it's a developmental stage of life...it is a creation of a new life, which, yes, can have some rather serious effects on the mother....it can CAUSE medical conditions, but it is not, itself, a medical condition....

Then why do most women have their babies delivered in a hospital by DOCTORS? That says medical condition to me!

Even midwifes are trained by medical personnel. Epic fail amigo!!!

Try not to let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!!!

edit on 2-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
a reply to: Daedalus

I do like things to be simple!
Humans, with our big heads, and egos.
As well as our desire to have all of our offspring survive, have a need to treat the females of our species with TLC.
I would class pregnancy as a medical condition.

why? i see medical "conditions" as inherently detrimental, with no positives attached...."conditions" are undesirable...they're not good things...

i don't see pregnancy as a condition...i see it as a stage of human life, with the potential to generate medical conditions...that's like saying old age, all by itself, is a medical condition, just because it can precipitate actual conditions....

originally posted by: Bone75

pregnancy is not a medical condition...

Sorry but not even I am buying that one.

why not, i think i made a pretty strong case....

i'm not attacking women, or trying to minimize their roll in the creation of human life....i'm simply stating facts...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

a reply to: AboveBoard

read my earlier posts....i've acknowledged before that pregnancy can threaten the life of the mother....and no, i've never been pregnant, but what does that have to do with science?

pregnancy is not a medical condition...it's not a disease, or a tumor...it's a developmental stage of life...it is a creation of a new life, which, yes, can have some rather serious effects on the mother....it can CAUSE medical conditions, but it is not, itself, a medical condition....

I think we are having an issue here of simple semantics. Medical care and pregnancy need to go hand in hand for the benefit of the mother and the developing embryo/fetus. It is the word "condition" that you are equating to "disease." The mother is in the "condition" of pregnancy which requires medical care. See? Therefore it is classified as a medical condition, or a condition requiring medical care. I'm not classifying it as a disease or tumor.

peace,
AB
edit on 2-7-2014 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I wonder how they had them before doctors?
Just saying.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Just saying.

Well. They died a lot.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Just saying.

How many women and babies died in childbirth??

Just sayin....

I doubt if you are married but would you let your wife deliver a child without medical attention?

Just sayin....

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
There IS a problem with access right now.

really? it's funny, because i could swear that this stuff is still available for purchase....i'm pretty sure I could get any of the items in question, and i don't even have health insurance.....

HHS has to make an inroad to fix the problem that SCOTUS dropped in their lap on Monday. After all, this is the government we're talking about!

yes, this is the government that we're talking about.....they need to "fix" a non-existent problem...and how do they do that? they're gonna shift the cost to the taxpayer, instead of simply saying "if you want this thing, you should buy this thing"

can you really blame people for being upset with you? you're being deliberately dense...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Now we are concerned that babies are dying? Jeez make up your minds.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: drivers1492

is it possible the plan(and associated cost) may change, based on this? i think we ought to wait and see if this happens....if it does, it SHOULD stop the bitching, but we both know it won't, lol

i'm not paying for health insurance at all....because i don't have a job, or income....and haven't been able to procure employment for quite some time now...in fact, i mentioned in the other hobby lobby thread, that there's one opening down the street from my house soon....i'm gonna toss them an application..

once i am forced to buy one of these turd with turd filling policies (think "s**ttwinkie"), i'm not going to be able to use it AT ALL....but nobody's gonna give a damn when i complain about that.....Reid will call me a liar, and Obama will tell me to cancel my cable and cell service...
edit on 7-2-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

wow...privacy is not an inalienable right?

it's amazing how people can completely gloss over, and skip entire parts of the bill of rights, when they don't fit with their agenda or argument...

How is privacy an inalienable right? Is a muti-family house, where everyone shares a bathroom a violation of a civil right? NO? I thought not.

How does privacy fit into the phrase "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness"?

Is my "inalienable right to privacy" going to protect me from rape?

I thought not!

This very same court just upheld your right to privacy on your cell phone, no?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Then why do most women have their babies delivered in a hospital by DOCTORS? That says medical condition to me!

um....because it's a clean environment, full of professionals, in case anything goes wrong?

Even midwifes are trained by medical personnel. Epic fail amigo!!!

not so much....they're trained, so if anything goes wrong, they have at least a decent shot of compensating for it..

Try not to let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!!!

you'd do well to remember that, my friend..
edit on 7-2-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

i can meet you half way on that, and acknowledge that i completely understand your understanding of it...while i may not entirely agree, you make good points, and i MOSTLY agree...

good, yes?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Just saying.

Just sayin....

I doubt if you are married but would you let your wife deliver a child without medical attention?

Just sayin....

Nice try, 15 happy years and it would not be my decision it would be hers.

We made a personal choice to be responsible and not have kids.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

It's possible that it will change, it should in my opinion. You are correct it will not stop though. I do disagree with the ruling, but it's more based on seeing a corporation as a "person" that I take issue with. It is going to be interesting what does transpire from all of this.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

i'm not paying for health insurance at all....because i don't have a job, or income....and haven't been able to procure employment for quite some time now...in fact, i mentioned in the other hobby lobby thread, that there's one opening down the street from my house soon....i'm gonna toss them an application..

once i am forced to buy one of these turd with turd filling policies (think "s**ttwinkie"), i'm not going to be able to use it AT ALL....but nobody's gonna give a damn when i complain about that.....Reid will call me a liar, and Obama will tell me to cancel my cable and cell service...

Perhaps if you could sharpen up your rhetorical skills and not use the word "turd" your job chances might improve.

However I do understand how it's easier to place the blame on Reid and Obama than cowboy up and take some personal responsibility for your joblessness. Always the victim...eh?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Just saying.

Just sayin....

Just sayin....

Nice try, 15 happy years and it would not be my decision it would be hers.

We made a personal choice to be responsible and not have kids.

Apologies...my wife and I made the same decision!! 25+

It's still a medical condition whether you admit it or not.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Lots of posts to catch up on here..

Is this accurate, " The Green family has no moral objection to the use of 16 of 20 preventive contraceptives required in the mandate, and Hobby Lobby will continue its longstanding practice of covering these preventive contraceptives for its employees. However, the Green family cannot provide or pay for four potentially life-threatening drugs and devices. These drugs include Plan B and Ella, the so-called morning-after pill and the week-after pill. Covering these drugs and devices would violate their deeply held religious belief that life begins at the moment of conception, when an egg is fertilized.
Facts matter, but to the left, emotion on this issue wins.

edit on 2-7-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

and it is.

furthermore, if you don't want to get pregnant, either don't have sex, or use some form of protection...common sense, man..

Common sense tells us abstinence does not work. To believe this will work for the masses is living in lala land. That is not a real world solution.

Unwanted pregnancies are a real world problem. Contraception is cheap, far cheaper than millions of infants who are now dependent on welfare.

Common sense, please!

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join