It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Supreme Court removes buffer zones from abortion clinic protestors

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Like I said this ruling is going to make things worse on both sides now please answer my question.

Do you want it illegal and If so what do you do with people whom have an abortion.
edit on 28-6-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Do you want it illegal?.

Asked and answered in another thread. Murdering innocent babies should be illegal, yes.

it's clear the world is screwed when someone even has to ask such a question. Why not ask if all murder should be legal?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

What would you do with people whom have one then?.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

What would you do with people whom have one then?.

What would I "do with them"? I am not the police, or the court system. if the procedure was once again made illegal, then criminal penalties would be in order. I would not be the one carrying those out. For the record, I know people who have had abortions. One lady had three, and speaks of how horrible a thing that was, and how she wishes she had made different choices. She's very nice, and appreciated the things I said in our conversation. What she did was wrong, and she knows that. That doesn't mean I feel some need to "do" anything with her, or anyone else. What a ridiculous question.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

No it is not If made illegal a punishment must be placed on them correct?.
So what do you want to do with them?.
Don't you understand you will never stop women needing abortions.
Ok seeing you are dodging that question another.

A woman gets pregnant but does not want the child and wants an abortion how do you stop her going to a back alley abortionist or doing it herself?.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Its interesting how easy it is to get an abortion, how many abortion operations there are, enough anyway and that folks ask this question about women getting abortions one way or another at back ally clinics and the like. There seems to be a sort of fascination, a mission with this thing.

Now compare that to how hard it is for some folks to get decent medical treatment. Don't hear any threats about them going to cheep back ally doctors to have xyz done.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
IMHO this has more to do with civil unrest than free speech. The more sticks you throw on a fire the hotter it gets. Because how long will this go on before someone is shot, stabbed, or beat to death. Any anti or pro anything has a way of getting radicalized.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

What!?

Tell that to any woman living in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama or any other of these states.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
Well that title is going to be awarded to them whether they have it coming or not.

They have it coming. Either you believe in personal choice (reproductive, marriage or whatever) or you think the government should make those choices for you.

folks that espouse heterosexual marriage are being persecuted...

Again, I am in a heterosexual marriage and wouldn't have it any other way. I have NEVER been persecuted for it. But I'm not so closed-minded to think that just because I want a certain thing, those who want something different should be denied their choice. You really don't get the whole idea of freedom and personal choice, do you?

People aren't being persecuted because they "espouse" heterosexual marriage. They're being persecuted because they do everything possible to stick their noses into others' relationships and demand that everyone live by their beliefs. They're being persecuted because they do everything possible to DENY freedom to those with whom they differ. It has nothing to do with heterosexual marriage.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
And there are no hungry children in this country...

Child Hunger Facts

You are living in a dream world. And you want to bring more unwanted children into a world where 20% aren't being fed properly because of some righteous, indignant stance that you really have no basis for...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I see no one wants to answer my questions
If made illegal what do you do with women whom do not want a child and what do you do with women whom get an abortion illegally?
Not one anti abortion ist has thought thisfar ahead.
To busy spouting venom.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: beezzer

To over-simplify it like that may suit a political agenda but it's not realistic.

I bet most of the people supporting this reversal on abortion clinics will be the first ones seething when WBC gets that much closer to a soldier's funeral.

Cherry picking wedge issues is apparently more fun than exercising common sense.

It's not an over-simplification.

Apparently, pro-abortion people want free speech zones when it suits them.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Alright, for all those claiming that these protesters are "attacking", "assaulting", "spitting", "screaming", "berating", "name-calling", etc.; prove it. Show the videos. Every single such protest I have seen was quiet, peaceful, and respectful.

Violence at Abortion Clinics

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This seems to be a decent decision but the SC. It's a step in the right direction for free speech.

But I think we all know that this ruling will undoubtedly give some people the impression that they can "harass" folks going in to the clinic.

There is an abortion clinic down the street from my house and there are protesters camped-out every day. They scream and yell some nasty things at people. They call the women whores and murderers. But they fail to realize that 99% of the services performed at PP and similar clinics are non-abortion related.

So I'm pretty sure we will hear stories of people taking their free-speech a bit too far.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
So, I can prove pro-abortion protesters are violent.

If someone were threatening to take away your rights to make the choices about your personal medical issues, isn't it possible that you might get violent? If someone were trying to change the law to make it the government's choice on whether or not you have a tumor removed, for example, wouldn't you put up a fight?

This is not an anti-abortion/pro-abortion situation. NO ONE is pro-abortion. That's another cheap and low "code word" for someone who simply believes it's the woman's choice, not the government's. The pro-choice position is one where I can personally be against abortion (which I am), but I know it's such a personal decision, that I cannot make that choice for others. I would never assume to know what's best for another woman in that situation.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
But I think we all know that this ruling will undoubtedly give some people the impression that they can "harass" folks going in to the clinic.

Absolutely! They already DO harass them, even from 35 feet away. I don't believe in free speech zones, but when people are being killed, something has to be done to counteract this.

I have a feeling someone is going to get the idea to protest at churches and give them some of their own medicine.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

edit on 083030p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I have a feeling someone is going to get the idea to protest at churches and give them some of their own medicine.

That would be a "poetic justice" for sure, but I really hope people can stop worrying and protesting about what other people do in their lives........ and concentrate on their own problems.

It seems like we are more worried about what the neighbor has cooking on the stove, while our own pot is boiling over.

(sorry, bad analogy
)
edit on 6/28/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

That would be a "poetic justice" for sure, but I really hope people can stop worrying and protesting about what other people do in their lives........ and concentrate on their own problems.

Like OWS?

It seems like we are more worried about what the neighbor has cooking on the stove, while our own pot is boiling over.

(sorry, bad analogy
)

So protesting is now a bad thing?

Seems to me that people are now looking for a reason for free speech zones.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

No, protesting is not a bad thing. I think the saying "methinks thou doth protest much" applies here. We make a big stink over everything and concern ourselves with what others are doing.....and then there is someone protesting us and what we do.

If we took the time to take care of our own issues before we concerned ourselves with that of others, we may be better off.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join