It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Threatening ‘Third Wounded Knee’ with Eminent Domain Land Grab on Sioux Indian Reservation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

our Mni Wiconi Project, a rural water supply system in which the federal government has invested $450 million...

You mean that kind of meddling?

Oh, you mean the Keystone pipeline. The one that will not go through any Native American reservation.

Although the pipeline would not go directly through any Native American reservation

rapidcityjournal.com...

For the record, I too am against the pipeline, for environmental reasons. There are plenty of conservatives who disagree with me though. They just want the oil and the money from jobs that the keystone pipeline would bring.
edit on 25-6-2014 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

When it comes to corporate interest I'm sure that the Feds won't mind that 450 million right off.

Tribal councils are, in many instances, not really looking after the wishes of Tribal members.

Corruption is not entirely a white guy thing.

lakotavoice.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

These so and so's have still never even paid for former lands they took before. There are cases still winding through the courts that our oh so greedy government wants to have dismissed. and now they think they are going to take even more? The hell with them.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I made a post having to do with this topic here on ATS that was recently featured on their ATS Live Radio show. Here ya go:

The REAL reason why the feds are grabbing land for "national monuments" and "endangered species"

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

I read through your thread, it was well done and I am in full agreement with your conclusions.

I have zero doubts that the premise put forth concerning returning the land to nature is an utter lie, and that the corporations will be the only ones ever allowed access. Indigenous wildlife and botany won't stand a chance, much less any of us that are crammed into corporate controlled environments.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Thank you!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Red Cloud Agency I know of no other instance in history where a great nation has so shamefully violated its oath. Our country must forever bear the disgrace and suffer the retribution of its wrongdoing. Our children's children will tell the sad story in hushed tones, and wonder how their fathers dared so to trample on justice and trifle with God. —Henry Benjamin Whipple, chairman of Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), on the taking of the Black Hills; statements made in official BIA report

en.wikipedia.org... not the first time they stole this perticular groups land and with it being the historical area of wounded knee i dont see these guys going quietly nor should they

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Ah, I see that the American tradition of stealing land from the natives is still alive and well. This should end well.

Not the American people, but the current Administration and Party that is in control of everything right now.

Looks like land ownership is not safe, even on the Reservations. It won't pass the House, but Obama may pull out his "pen" again.

This sounds like something that will make it to the SCOTUS.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yeah, who has been better at keeping America a natural and beautiful place? Native American tribes or the immigrant Americans?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

No the American people have been doing this looooong before obama and you know that. But I guess just couldn't pass up the jab at Obama?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Haven't our ancestors stolen enough from Native Americans?
Obviously these elite rulers of society don't give a **** about anyone... just sayin.
*facepalm*

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

We didn't steal it, it was manifest destiny! When our government still believed God was controlling our future.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The American people who stole land from the Natives have long been dead.

Not all of us Americans or our families are the thieving, lying scum bags that our current and past politicians were/are. Neither were all Americans back then lying, stealing, scum bags. The US/British government has lied to the Natives numerous times, it was not the average everyday people who made deals with them throughout history just to break them again. Blaming a whole society of individuals for something they took no part in is getting rather old don't you think?

As to the op, frankly I hope the people all stand together over this and simply do not allow it. I hope the resistance is bigger than Bundys, it likely will be. I don't do social media other than ATS but I think people who have them should share this story and get the word out that another stand needs to be taken.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: roncoallstar

The U.S advanced civilization, and helped saved the world in WWII with equipments and beating the Japanese. Hitler wasn't going to give the Jews their land back, and would have killed everyone, if he wasn't beaten.

Anyway, I don't see why the U.S can't just join with Canada. Canada has only 30 million people, has the same political ideologies, same racial majority makeup. The U.S bought Louisiana from the French, bought Alaska from Russia, so I don't see why they can't join with Canada to form an even bigger country, then the Indians will have a lot more land to preserve the wildlife and repopulate.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Doubtful that there is any oil there. I live about 2 hours north of Pine Ridge there is mining in the region (Uranium) but the FG has always exploited it when needed. Pine Ridge is the poorest place in America virtually every person lives below the national poverty line there, there is no work and the schools struggle to keep teachers. The FG is simply flexing their muscles because the Ogalala Sioux refused to accept part of the billion dollar settlement with Native Americans. I would be happy to answer any questions anyone has about the area. Thanks to those who see what is being done is wrong and are willing to support this tribe and stand against land grabs by the FG.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

I didn't say that we were, just that this type of move is not just an obama admin thing. That this has been happening for centuries

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The paperwork finally exists for me to move my family to a reservation if I wanted to. Only something like this would make me do so.

Both sides of my heritage have been massacred and subjugated by invaders. I can't do much to help on my Pictish side as I am a bit late to that party but, by the gods, I actually live where my other side was victimized. I don't think I could help but "go native" if it started again.

I've always had it in my head that a Native Tribal revolution is inevitable here.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I don't mean to be a buzz kill but a Native Revolution is unlikely and would stand even worse chance now. Native Americans make up less than 1% of the population while many would stand with them in peace, I think few would in violence.

The only Revolution we need here is one of the mind. People need to be more self-reliant counting on themselves, family, community and least of all the Government.
edit on 25-6-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

How ironic. If the genocide of the Native Americans never happened you wouldn't be here right now.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
a reply to: Cuervo

I don't mean to be a buzz kill but a Native Revolution is unlikely and would stand even worse chance now. Native Americans make up less than 1% of the population while many would stand with them in peace, I think few would in violence.

The only Revolution we need here is one of the mind. People need to be more self-reliant counting on themselves, family, community and least of all the Government.

I think if a confederation of all the tribes simultaneously declared complete independence and autonomy and the government responded with violence, I'm pretty confident that the average American would see that as a worthy revolution cause.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join