It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Threatening ‘Third Wounded Knee’ with Eminent Domain Land Grab on Sioux Indian Reservation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
a reply to: butcherguy

This appears to be more of a conflict of the native Americans with their own tribal government.

It does seem to be part of the issue.
If you end up with Native Americans losing their deeded property to the combined efforts of their own tribe and the US Government, it could tend to have some less than desirable results.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
When the Government and Banksters take the Savings Accounts of Americans, then we'll rise up. Money talks. Freedom, not so much.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: angelchemuel

Angel I'm going to go ahead and post it here, for others of like mind.

Click on this link, then copy the link from the new tab with the article. Go to your FB home pg. Paste the link into your *what's on your mind* space at the top of your FB home pg, hit post. You can also add a message to the post asking your friends to share.

Link to share on FB
21stcenturywire.com...

Let me know if you need further help...

And...good on you for caring and sharing...

Des

I've already shared this with a friend of mine who is half Lakota and has family living in this area. He isn't too happy about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Click on this link, then copy the link from the new tab with the article. Go to your FB home pg. Paste the link into your *what's on your mind* space at the top of your FB home pg, hit post. You can also add a message to the post asking your friends to share.

Link to share on FB
21stcenturywire.com...

Des

I've already shared this with a friend of mine who is half Lakota and has family living in this area. He isn't too happy about it.

Just make sure he knows who the real enemy is. It's his tribal council.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I just showed him the article. I'll let him make his own opinion. I don't like making up someone's mind for them...

Though he did reshare it with the aforementioned family members so maybe they'll explain the situation better to him (us). I'll post an update in the thread if they do and they provide some new info about the situation.
edit on 25-6-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

We have a history of displacing people to create bombing ranges, particularly in the WWII era (look at the Bikini Atoll). It's hard for me to argue the merit of the actions in the 1940's but whatever the case may be, at this point any necessity that may or may not have existed is long since passed and it seems like a no-brainer to me. The OST should be free to do with these 208 square miles whatever they see fit.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Firefly_
What is the point of a constitution when both the government, and the people, both completely fail to uphold it?

The government lets the corporations run rampant, trampling all over your constitutional rights in the process.

Yet, you completely fail to exercise your constitutional DUTY to rid yourselves of them. You have a unique position that most countries through the world do not. So, get your constitutional arms, and wage your constitutional war against your domestic enemies. Take your country back, then maybe the rest of the world will learn from your example and we can finally be rid of the cancer that has destroyed this world.

While I agree without reservation with your statement, it is not that easy.

Most live very well compared to other countries, and they dont even have to work hard for it.

They want to ride the status quo out as long as they can.

As long as their foodstamps and stocks futures keep paying out, they will do nothing.

Yes there are some, ATSers for example, that understand the way this is going, but most dont know, and dont want to know, even reacting violently when you try to tell them.

Second, WTF does America have to do it?

Is the entire rest of the world without enough balls to stand up if we dont? It is a fact we cannont take any country and control it that doesnt want it to happen.

We are like 1% of the worlds populace, why do we have to be the ones to make this happen?

You sissy assed 99% need to grow a pair and do somthing. Then maybe this 1% will see the light and make a difference as well.

I am on your side here, I want this to happen, and force a change for the better, but why should I outnumbered 100 to 1, do anything while you guys all sit on your asses.

You dont have to be disarmed, you can force your government to change the rules. You dont, because your waiting on us to do it for you, so you then can complain we didnt do it how you wanted.

Then you do it how you want it to be, just like we did.

We didnt ask the rest of the world to give us a nation, we took it, by force, from the most powerful nation on earth at the time.

Grab your sacks, get dirty, make a better future and maybe we will follow you guys for once.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Link to share on FB
21stcenturywire.com...

Des

Just make sure he knows who the real enemy is. It's his tribal council.

And you know this based on one article that keeps referencing Cliven Bundy? The OST has their own governance. This is exactly the type of reasoning employed by war mongers. Maybe we should declare the tribal council a rouge government and occupy the land to liberate the tribe?

It's for the OST to decide whether or not the tribal council is acting in their interest.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Every American must stand with the Native Americans.

AMEN Brother!

The federal move initially gained traction after a Tribal Ordinance passed by the Tribal Council in the spring of 2013. Many Tribal members have been frustrated with the tribal council, which has gone against the will of the people to back the park. All 9 districts on the reservation have passed unanimous resolutions against the park along with the Shannon County Commissioners and several South Dakota State legislators.

I love this line from the OP's source:

“The difference between this situation and the Bundy Ranch conflict? It will be the first time in the history of our Country that the Cowboys and Indians pose a united front against a federal government that is used to winning battles by first dividing and then conquering.”

21stcenturywire.com...

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: Hanslune
Thanks for sharing another view on the situation. I do like to be informed of all sides of the issue. Unfortunately, what begins with good intentions often gets corrupted by government bureaucracy! Being the tourism may not cover the costs, how long before government decides to find other ways to make money on this venture?

Tens of millions of bison used to range freely in North America before they were almost wiped out in the late 1800s. The American Bison Society disbanded in 1935 with the understanding it had saved the species by placing 20,000 animals in conservation herds; there are now an additional 400,000 or so being raised in the United States and Canada for meat production.

But those numbers are not enough for the buffaloes to reclaim their traditional role in the ecosystem; even those conservation herds amount to what buffalo herder Duane Lammers calls “islands,” in circumscribed areas. Free-roaming bison provide habitat for grassland birds and other animals by grazing intermittently, leaving the grass at different heights. Cattle ranching, by contrast, leaves the grass at a more uniform level.

www.washingtonpost.com... 094cc_story.html

It appears that the tribal park is what the Oglala Sioux tribal council wants not the people.

Many Tribal members have been frustrated with the tribal council, which has gone against the will of the people to back the park. All 9 districts on the reservation have passed unanimous resolutions against the park along with the Shannon County Commissioners and several South Dakota State legislators.

This little bit of land is not going to bring the Bison population back to where it was in the 1800's, it will only be another island, in a circumscribed area.

As for Agenda 21, We all need to attend our local town council meetings because that is where this is being implemented.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Exactly. This is between tribal members and their tribal council. This particular battle has nothing to do with the Federal Government. So all these goofballs drooling at the chance to "fight the gubermint" need to chill out - on this particular matter anyway.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

has nothing to do with the Federal Government.

nothing?

So all these goofballs drooling

Some people may take offense to that.

edit on bu302014-06-25T12:08:12-05:0012America/ChicagoWed, 25 Jun 2014 12:08:12 -050012u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The only reason the Feds are involved is because the tribal council wanted them to be involved. The Feds didn't just show up and say to the Oglala tribe, "we're takin' yer land away from ya". I think it's been clearly proven that the leaders of the tribe are the ones who are doing the land grabbing. So... your article has been debunked. Sorry.

And I use goofballs in the most endearing way possible.

edit on 25-6-2014 by kaylaluv because: grammar

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So my mother and her husband live in Pine Ridge on the reservation and her farther in law owns a rather large ranch out in that area.
Just called but no answer, I did just talk to her yesterday and there was no mention of this....
Try and update when I hear from her.
So the tribal heads are absolutely acting against the will of the people, this is a land grab just with the guise of the national park story.
This is also one of the poorest reservations in the nation, so I wonder if money is moving this along....
This all from the momma bear and she was at a branding so had plenty of other opinions about this around, not one good one.
It also sounds like they are going to overpopulate the land with the bison even, which kinda defeats the purpose IMO

edit on thWed, 25 Jun 2014 12:41:24 -0500America/Chicago620142480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I get sick every time I think about the Native Americans and especially when I read something like this.

It is my humble opinion that the Whites should NOT be here on this land, period. And what they did to the Natives and are STILL doing is about as evil as it gets. I am honestly not proud to be American. Everything this country is and stands for is built on lies, pure evil, greed, you name it, that's America.

I want someone to explain to me exactly what Americans have done should not be viewed on the same level of what Hitler did to the Jews. Here's the difference, Jews have their land back, Native Americans do not, and probably never will.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

And I use goofballs in the most endearing way possible.

It was the drooling part that had me all fired up.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is ridiculous!
In the course of Lakota history they have gone through this too many times. It needs to be stopped. And the fact that it is the tribal government means little to nothing. Every time one of these treaties were signed it took land from the people, and the tribal heads that signed these treaties were nearly always, as now, acting against the will of the people. The federal government is just as guilty as the tribal leaders, they have no place or right to continue to displace these people. These are my people. They were one of the last hold outs against the American federal government. I hope and pray they fight this again, internally and externally. I hope to God that this is not Wounded Knee 3, but they are proud strong people who deserve to live out their lives on the little corner of land left to them.

Oh, and Sioux, it means snake in the grass, a very derogatory term. Lakota is the proper name for this tribe.
edit on 25-6-2014 by woodsmom because: Typo

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

What ever may be the dispute between Tribal members and their council, we should always keep in mind the incessant meddling of the Feds into tribal rights.

www.oglalalakotanation.org...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Meanwhile there are folks up in arms over the name of a football team...

THIS!

Can't call them names they don't like.

But government gets to take their land once more. !

YES WE CAN !

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Very interesting. Thank you for posting this. Seems maybe the government will be glad to help them with their inner conflict. They may get something out of it.

Regardless of who the real fight is between, it should be clear to EVERY American. Asking the government for help/advice is a very stupid idea.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This is wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start.I think that the govt really stepped in it this time.
Maybe I shouldn't be surprised as Washington treats all its people like garbage why not the original owners of the land?Even if though they were almost genocided.
Field rodents have more highly protected rights then people have now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join