It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luxembourg passes gay marriage bill, 11th EU country to enact the change

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
Well because of where I live I can answer that question today but special laws are being past so that no one can say a word against the march of gay pride because it becomes classed as hate speech

May I ask where you live? And can you provide a source that backs up what you say?

I don't have the right to drag someone to court because they would not server me food because they don't like the way I am dressed

You absolutely DO have that right! You can take someone to court for any reason you want.

You have freedom of speech or you don't and I see gays using theres a lot more often than joe on the street.

So? What's wrong with exercising our rights?

I like eating becon but i don't feel the need to keep opening pro-pork threads about it and then turn angry when someone says it wrong and resorts to insults but thats whats guaranteed as soon as you dare mutter a word against gay pride because most of them seem to be vocal activists hunting in packs.

I think you seem more angry than anyone else here. And this has NOTHING to do with the rights gay people are asking for. You claim that they want rights above what others have and you haven't shown that to be true. What rights are they asking for that others don't have?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Much respect and yes I can see where you are coming from with the adult bit but if the parents agree because they are allowed to make decisions for children then does that make it OK if it is within the law and would you be silenced if you did not agree because that is the norm in many parts of the world.

What I don't concent to is gay pride being let into our schools and to teach kids that its normal and you might like to try it yourself under the pretence that stopping them in itself is being homophobic and therefore promoting hate towards gays.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

What I don't concent to is gay pride being let into our schools and to teach kids that its normal and you might like to try it yourself

Nope. No gay pride or gay awareness person has used the, "Try it, you'll like it" routine to any kids in school. You're completely making that up - you're lying.

...under the pretence that stopping them in itself is being homophobic and therefore promoting hate towards gays.

Yes, that's exactly what it is. You exactly defined what homophobic behaviour is. Well done.
edit on 24-6-2014 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm beginning to wonder if there's a difference between "homophobia" and "homohate". You don't necessarily need to fear to hate.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Why don't you have a conversation with a Gay person (Me) and not result to "Facts" you came up with.

it's easy to sit and type how we are "Forcing" you to respect another Human, and it's easy to sit and type that we "Hunt in packs" and we result to name calling etc. do you know anything about The GLBT herstory? (Slang) it's popular among some to demean Gays and Gay Rights, especially those who have not been through what many of us has, or what many had to fight before us.

i am young, and ignorant in a lot of topics, but i think i have proven on many of these topics that i can hold a conversation that doesn't result in name calling

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
May I ask where you live? And can you provide a source that backs up what you say?

Sorry but me is on de underground

You absolutely DO have that right! You can take someone to court for any reason you want.

Come now we both know the system is fixed and I would not get a free lawyer provided by the state unlike gays do.

So? What's wrong with exercising our rights?

I do but you did not address the issue with those rights being taken away.

I think you seem more angry than anyone else here

Yeah you think so then go back and count the times I used the "F" word or called someone stupid and lets see your sums.

You claim that they want rights above what others have

No I did not but thanks for putting words in my mouth but thats not to say that I think that a man in jail should have the same rights as everyone else and my argument is that gays now have more rights than the rest of us.

Tell me when was the last time a pair of gay muslims were allowed to get married in a mosque near you or is that this "political correctness" does not go quite that far.

No one from India goes into our schools to promote anyone getting married to a dog or at the age of eight so why is gay pride being allowed into our schools because it seems far from a level playing field to me.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
Why don't you have a conversation with a Gay person (Me) and not result to "Facts" you came up with.

Hi

Sorry but i did not come up with these facts like you say and they are what I have seen with my own eyes like you being a poster here but number one importance is that you advertize that you are a "Drag Queen" in your picture, mood and footer of the posts which is a bit too much in your face for me but apart from that I am happy to see you are being respectful.

Fire away

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Come now we both know the system is fixed and I would not get a free lawyer provided by the state unlike gays do.

If your civil liberties are at risk, you most certainly can get a lawyer provided. That's what the ACLU does.

I do but you did not address the issue with those rights being taken away.

What rights are being taken away? You are free to say anything you want about gay people. You have freedom of speech, which means the government cannot make a law to make you shut up. That's all it means. There will be consequences of what you say. People may not like what you say and express themselves accordingly, but you are free to speak your mind.

No I did not

What did you mean by this, then? Perhaps I misunderstood...

The equal rights they seek are far above the rights of normal people on the streets !

What rights are gay people seeking that are above the rights of others?

my argument is that gays now have more rights than the rest of us.

Like what? That was my original question. What rights do gays have that the rest of us don't?

Tell me when was the last time a pair of gay muslims were allowed to get married in a mosque near you or is that this "political correctness" does not go quite that far.

I'm not sure what you mean. Legal marriage and religion are two wildly different subjects.

No one from India goes into our schools to promote anyone getting married to a dog or at the age of eight

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. Marrying a dog is not legal. Marrying a child in India is NOT legal. And neither is comparable to gays marrying. Dogs cannot consent. Children cannot consent. Being gay is not illegal. Why you keep bringing illegal matters into this is confusing to me.

so why is gay pride being allowed into our schools because it seems far from a level playing field to me.

I'm not sure what you mean by this either. Gay pride in school? Please be more specific.
edit on 6/24/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
That would have to be the ONLY country where opposing gay marriage might be acceptable...because they have so few people there as it is...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

Interestingly, their Prime Minister is openly gay.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Interestingly, their Prime Minister is openly gay.

It`s the first time I hear they have a Prime Minister...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

Me, too.

It's about half the size of Delaware and has about 500,000 people. From what I've read, it's a very strange little country.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I tried to anser your question but maybe this helps if you don't want to attack the source
www.rawstory.com...

Can you afford $1000 an hour to pay for a lawyer when you know that the judge has been given his orders or do you think our justice system is fair and free because if so then how come it was not fair and free for gays 30 years ago.

You cannot have it both ways and the system has an agendar that few judges will break.

Legal marriage and religion are two wildly different subjects.

No they are not and gays for all I care can have a legal document so long as they stay away from demanding that a church provides a service for them or else they will take the church to court whilst not being allowed to take a mosque to court over the same isue.

You do beleive in a level playing field don't you ?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I tried to anser your question but maybe this helps if you don't want to attack the source
www.rawstory.com...

I cannot speak to Canada's laws.

No they are not and gays for all I care can have a legal document so long as they stay away from demanding that a church provides a service for them or else they will take the church to court whilst not being allowed to take a mosque to court over the same isue.

Gay people cannot force a church or a mosque to marry them. So, if that's your only issue, that's resolved.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Nope. No gay pride or gay awareness person has used the, "Try it, you'll like it" routine to any kids in school. You're completely making that up - you're lying.

And how would you know that or is it you that are lying or don't know what you are taling about and its "Try it, you'll MIGHT like it" or have you turned into God now and become all seeing, all knowing to know what I have seen or been told.

Men do like females to sleep with them and by the same token gays like men to sleep with them but do feel free to argue and ................................................................................

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Gay people cannot force a church or a mosque to marry them. So, if that's your only issue, that's resolved.

Not quite so fast.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

Not only that but public finance is pulled if you don't play along with gay pride, lets call it an incentive like a gun to the head in most cases unless you happen to be a mosque.

I rest my case, good night

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Well, most of that didnt make sense. No I am not God - but i have logic and reason on my side.

But i do know that no gay pride or gay awareness individual went into a school and told kids to "try it [homosexuality]" out as that would be on every major news media outlet in the western world.

And just as a gay person saying to a heterosexual to try it out is meaningless, conversely, a straight person saying to a gay person to "try" straight sex is equally meaningless.

You're arguing against a biological setting - not a learned behaviour. Being "gay" is not a choice. It's how people are born. Bisexuality, I don't know how that works - I think every person has some degree of bisexuality in them, regardless of how much they clutch their religious tomes to "pray the gay away".

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Yeah, i am a Drag Queen, it's my profession.. i wont apologize for it being too "In your face" having text that states pride in my profession

why is that the number one importance?

so if i may ask, where have you seen these facts with your own eyes?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Yeah, i am a Drag Queen, it's my profession.. i wont apologize for it being too "In your face" having text that states pride in my profession

why is that the number one importance?

so if i may ask, where have you seen these facts with your own eyes?

Oh, how very 'in your face' you're being by writing a benign two words!

To some people, the very act of someone else exhaling breath is considered 'in your face' and gives them the vapors.

How dare you write two words on your own profile on an internet discussion website! It's so in their face!

Such people don't even like other people to enjoy their lives, so it's little wonder they don't like homosexuality.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Did you know... that if the Church hadn't been fighting to deny the rights of gay people all along, there would be no gay pride? There would be no fight between the church and the public on this issue. There would be no reason for gay people to feel they have to work so hard to be treated equally. So, really, the only reason that gay pride and the equal rights movement exists is because gay people's rights have been denied for so long. For many years, they've been treated as second class citizens not worthy of the rights the rest of us enjoy.

The Church of England was "sued", but were they forced to marry? No. And no one is immune to having a lawsuit against them. Why should the church have "special status" not to be sued? In any case, the Church of England does not have to marry gay couples. Source

Again, I can't really speak much to the laws of another country. I should have added "in the US" in my previous post.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join