It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luxembourg passes gay marriage bill, 11th EU country to enact the change

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
How does what anyone gets up to in the bedroom or elsewhere in their life affect you?

In some states people can marry dogs and in India they marry off eight year old girls !

I happen not to agree with this and I don't care what laws are past or how I am told to think because someone sleeps with something and wants my approval or respect for it.

Over the years I have come across a few gay people and apart from who they seep with most of them seem to me at least to be two sheets to the wind in any case and are not the type of people I would hang around with even if they were normal in the bed department.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

The thing is, we still have the reptile and low primate parts of our brains active and running. This makes you and me and my Aunt distrust anything "different". When we see "different" our brains read it out at "watch it, that lizard/ape/gymshoe guy might wander over and grab our stuff and women". So to you maybe homosexuals are seen as a threat, and for society to want to okay them getting married seems so far out that it's read-out in your body as an uneasy feeling. The key to this: know your chemicals and how they affect your brain. Then you can move past that stuff and walk in a gay's shoes for a minute (expensive shoes, no doubt). You, as GayMan, are in love with Roger, who've you've know for two years and feel so comfortable with that it drives you nuts. Can you marry Roger if you live in Andorra? No, you can't. Hahahahahaha, laugh all the homophobes, you and Roger can't get married. Bummer, you might say. Well, that's all it is. If marriage exists in a country, then gays should be able to partake of the feast.

Robert Anton Wilson said that the best way to expand your universe is to accept everyone elses. Try it for an hour or so, and see if you don't change your brain chemistry in a way which accepts people more, and once that is done, the sky is the limit in terms of knowledge, appreciation of the human conditions, and maybe, ah, surprise?, you may someday find out that you've known some gay men for a long time without even realizing that they are gay, which will also be a way of forcing your brain to accept your fellow human as just another person doing their thing.

edit on 24-6-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Luckily most religious people (CoE Christians and Catholics) I know don't hold with homophobia, preferring to treat people on their merits rather than who they choose to go to bed with. The marriage "problem" is semantics and not greatly problematic, although the Church leadership has felt it necessary to object (with fingers crossed) in most cases.

Let's keep from this thread the homophobic religions and denominations, but rest on the fact that Christians in Europe are more receptive to gay marriage, although I am sure there are some vocal opponents shouting themselves hoarse.

Regards

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Evoloution has made the brain as it is and that includes greed and mis-trust for good reason else we would still be living in caves and be stroking wild tigers before becomeing breakfast.

You ask for me to put myself in there shoes but that could be said for rapists or people that commit murder too !

If i lived in Africa then you have something like one if five males being guilty of rape but I would continue to fight for what I see as right even if it upset a lot of people in the area and men sleeping with men just does not seem right to me, sorry

People have rules for a reason even in small tribes and for the most part those rules thoughout history have looked down on men sleeping with men, its nature even if the odd tiger goes trying to have gay sex with another tiger it does not make it normal or nateral.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: VirusGuard
a reply to: Aleister

The equal rights they seek are far above the rights of normal people on the streets !

What rights do they want that no one else has?

Did you miss this?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

You are comparing rapists and murderers to what consenting adults do? Please.

There have been cultures who accepted homosexuality throughout history as well.

People like you will eventually die one day. The next generation after you will not think twice about two consenting adult gay people getting married. You'll excuse me if I say I look forward to that day.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

to hell with the rights of religious people to have a say.

Oh..religious people have a right to deny rights to others? Is this your "right"?

As for the US ...I think your constitution CLEARLY says that religion has to be kept out from politics. Insofar...yes...your religious OPINION that gays would not have this right to marry...would be against the constitution.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
There have been cultures who accepted homosexuality throughout history as well.

And some shrunk your head when you die and put them in the top of the tent but an exception does not make the rule but your insult does prove my point about having an adult debate on the subject.

In India it is legal to marry an eight year old girl but for most of the world its a big NO NO and the same still stands today for being Gays across the world so forgive me for being with the majority even if its not politicaly correct in the west these days.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

have looked down on men sleeping with men, its nature even if the odd tiger goes trying to have gay sex with another tiger it does not make it normal or nateral.

Are you judging ANY of your fellow people on what exactly they do in the bedroom? That's...astonishing...and weird.

You would be surprised that many people, incl. non-gays, MIGHT possibly be doing things you consider not "normal and natural".

This, however, is not a debate about what is "normal and natural" in the bedroom, but a debate whether gays have the same right to get into a marriage relationship with a partner.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

would be against the constitution.

I am all for the "constitution" and that includes freedom of the press and freedom of speech but when it comes to gays we don't get any of that.

People keep dogs as pets and should not be subjected to people killing dogs for meat and eating them and the same is true for religious people who hold that marriage is between a man and a woman but Gays are allowed to make a mockery out of the church because the NWO says so.

Kill dogs and eat them if you like but don't argue that people don't have a right to be offended by the actions of others even if eating dogs for meat has been quite nateral for millions of years the world over

This, however, is not a debate about what is "normal and natural" in the bedroom, but a debate whether gays have the same right to get into a marriage relationship with a partner.

But being Gay is all about what they do in the bedroom and has everything to do with being allowed to marry in a church or not where religious people meet more than once in a lifetime.

They don't allow it in Mosques so why should we be force to allow it in our chruches in the name of political correctness that is being pushed down our throats.

edit on 24-6-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

... so forgive me for being with the majority even if its not politicaly correct in the west these days.

No, absolutely not. I do not forgive you, nor should anyone else on this forum for holding onto outdated, incorrect, stereotypes which cloud your limited view of what humanity is in the 21st century.

Denying gays the rights non-gays have is not "politically incorrect". It's f**king moronic and draconian, and people who still hold onto that belief need to fade away into the background. We don't need people like that in this modern world, much like the idiots who hold onto religious views that say the earth was created in 7 days and Adam and Eve were the first humans on earth.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The equal rights they seek are far above the rights of normal people on the streets !

Like what?

If you want to have an adult discussion, let's have it.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
"Love Is All You Need"

Love is Love, it is not designated to certain Genders... people who claim freedom yet don't want the freedom of others , and people wonder why the World can't come together, when you write this off as "Not Important" you are dividing people further

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Like what?

If you want to have an adult discussion, let's have it.

I've been trying to get an answer to that but it must be a tough question.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Denying gays the rights non-gays have is not "politically incorrect". It's f**king moronic and draconian

Then the same rules must apply to people that marry girls at the age of eight in India and boys doing Donkeys in north americia or people getting married to a goat in Texas I think is where it is legal.

The rights gays want is the right to try and force everyone to respect them but thats never going to come from half the citizens of the world no matter how often they look the other way. Respect cannot be brought or forced on people.

Again I see the anger and hate coming from the gay side who cannot hold an adult conversation and resort to name calling so I am out of here

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The rights gays want is the right to try and force everyone to respect them but thats never going to come from half the citizens of the world no matter how often they look the other way. Respect cannot be brought or forced on people.

Apparently neither can common sense. Still waiting on what gays want that others don't have. Your supposition.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

a reply to: noonebutme

Denying gays the rights non-gays have is not "politically incorrect". It's f**king moronic and draconian

Then the same rules must apply to people that marry girls at the age of eight in India and boys doing Donkeys in north americia or people getting married to a goat in Texas I think is where it is legal.

Again I see the anger and hate coming from the gay side who cannot hold an adult conversation and resort to name calling so I am out of here

What two CONSENTING ADULTS do is no of our business and a hell of a lot different than FORCING UNDERAGE girls to marry.

The key words here are:
Consenting
Adult

and
Forcing
Underage

Huge difference.

Im not gay. I don't want any part in gay culture and Im certainly not a fan of the minority of flamboyant gays who like to show off.

BUT

I see no reason what they do is any of my business. They have the right to do what they like as long as I have the right to do what I like. It does not hurt or harm me. The gay I have worked with or are friends with don't try and force me into there way of life. dont see why I should force them?

Live and let live.

edit on 24-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Like what?

Well because of where I live I can answer that question today but special laws are being past so that no one can say a word against the march of gay pride because it becomes classed as hate speech

I don't have the right to drag someone to court because they would not server me food because they don't like the way I am dressed but Gays not only can but do and the same goes for making weding cakes, jobs and much more.

You have freedom of speech or you don't and I see gays using theres a lot more often than joe on the street.

I like eating becon but i don't feel the need to keep opening pro-pork threads about it and then turn angry when someone says it wrong and resorts to insults but thats whats guaranteed as soon as you dare mutter a word against gay pride because most of them seem to be vocal activists hunting in packs.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Child marriage is illegal in India. People do break the law. But we're not talking about marrying children, we're talking about two consenting adults. One cannot legally marry a donkey or goat. Animals cannot consent.

The rights gays want is the right to try and force everyone to respect them
Respect cannot be brought or forced on people.

There is no legal right to have respect. Gay people are not trying to make it a protected right. And, as far as I know, they don't much care if you respect them or not, they just want the same LEGAL rights as everyone else.

And you're absolutely right. Respect cannot be forced. Gays are not trying to force it. They just want the same LEGAL rights as everyone else.

I am out of here

Anytime you want to have an adult discussion without name calling, I'm here.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

So you are essentially comparing homosexuality and the act there of, with that of bestiality and pedophilia? The act of two willing participants engaging in same sex relations, be it physical or emotional, is the same as someone *forcing* a child to do the same??

Or someone forcing themselves on an animal which does not have a human's understanding of the situation? Cross species sexual intercourse is the same as homosexuality??!

Get a grip. You have a really twisted and warped view of reality and you are a danger to yourself and anyone around you.

The rights gays want is the right to try and force everyone to respect them

No, it isn't. They don't want to "force" anyone to do anything. They want to be able to live their lives in peace and harmony without the stigma and emotional and psychological abuse people like you assault them with.

They just want to be happy and without prejudice or persecution How is that FORCING anything on anyone?

...but thats never going to come from half the citizens of the world no matter how often they look the other way. Respect cannot be brought or forced on people.

No, but it can certainly be taken away - your posts do exactly that.

The only anger and hate I've seen here is from homophobic imbeciles who are too scared to accept homosexuality as a normal state of human psychology because in admitting so, they are worried their unrequited homosexual tendencies will become visible.

edit on 24-6-2014 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join