It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot Chief Suspect in Malaysia Flight Disappearance

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
These articles will keep emerging till all get weary and forget the whole episode as a bad joke
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
There is a more detailed article in the Telegraph.

Tele graph Article

MH370 captain plotted route to southern Indian Ocean on home simulator
Detectives investigating the disappearance of the Malaysian Airlines flight which disappeared in March have discovered new evidence which has increased suspicion of its pilot

The pilot of the missing Malaysian Airlines plane which disappeared in March with 239 people on board had plotted a flight path to a remote island far into the southern Indian Ocean where the search is now focused, investigators have discovered.

The route, which was deleted before MH370 disappeared on March 8, was made on a home flight simulator machine used for practice by its captain, Zaharie Shah. Its discovery has intensified suspicion that he deliberately hijacked his own plane and diverted it from its approved flight path to Beijing.

Your quote is deliberately misleading as you omitted the part about the simulated route was to an emergency landing site, which is consistent with a pilot who wished to save lives, not commit mass murder.

The story itself is a weird hybrid of prior hypothesis.

Up till now the official cover story has been that a fire caused the crew to be incapacitated and the A/C to continue automatically to a spot in the Southern Indian Ocean, but now we have supposed evidence that the plane was deliberately flown by a conscious pilot to spot SW of Perth, Australia.

This enables the phony search to resume in the same fictional spot but allows for the possibility that the pilot planned the whole thing.

In summation, more red-herring BS.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
>>
The pilot of the missing Malaysian Airlines plane which disappeared in March with 239 people on board had plotted a flight path to a remote island far into the southern Indian Ocean
>>

How often did the pilot fly this route? If it was a routine route, it would NOT be something extraordinary that he actually flew that route on the simulator, and also played/trained an emergency route if something would go awry. Because this is what a pilot would do if an emergency like a fire would break out with MANY HOURS of flight over nothing but water to the destination: You would immediately activate the A/P to initiate an emergency landing at WHATEVER AIRPORT IS NEAREST that can handle a 777!

This also in regards to the silly claims in the media months ago "someone deliberately programmed in the alternate course".....yes OF COURSE someone had to program the emergency course in, this is my understanding how an autopilot works. A course is programmed in either far in advance....or possibly even "on-the-fly" by the pilot once an emergency occurs. Continuing to fly towards Beijing was not an option, the pilot if he was halfway sane made the decision to land the plan wherever he could. Again, NOTHING there is an indication for evil intent, just the opposite in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This was discussed at length on the 400 page thread found here ATS MH370 1st Thread 400 pages

Granted its a lengthy read.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: civpop
This was discussed at length on the 400 page thread found here ATS MH370 1st Thread 400 pages

Granted its a lengthy read.

So cut to the chase.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Actually, my quote wasn't misleading, I just provided a link to the article and quoted the first part as I didn't want to post it all.

I didn't give any opinion of it.

However your idea is your idea and a conspiracy it isn't any official view at all.

The official theory as that it was deliberate and the pilot is a suspect, this article suggests that the pilot is now more of a suspect.

The fact that the Inmarsat area deemed where it most likely landed in the ocean has yet to be searched due to misleading pings in other areas that proved fruitless, might well prove that it did indeed land where Inmarsat said and it might also prove it was deliberate and that it was the pilot.

Seeing as you are an armchair 'missing plane detective' I suggest you leave it to the experts.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It seems very odd that there are so many angry people that are completely denying any possibility of the official theory that it was deliberate and believing their own unrealistic theories that the aviation experts have ruled out.

All based on the same media information.

Scenario:

Here's the facts so far:
a
b
c

The experts have investigated and have more knowledge about it than the media and armchair detectives and have decided that based on a=1 b=2 etc that the possibilites are a+b+c=abc

Whereas, based on the same abc given media facts though sans the other unreleased facts of the investigators, have decided some other nonsensical idea of a+b+c equalling z when it cannot.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Good luck trying to interrogate the suspect...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sharted I would like very much to see the data and i doubt we ever will. My guess is that along with the landing on short runway in the ocean there were manuvers on the simulator that will resemble the data that is known about the altitude adjustments during the actual flight.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Actually, my quote wasn't misleading, I just provided a link to the article and quoted the first part as I didn't want to post it all.

Seeing as you are an armchair 'missing plane detective' I suggest you leave it to the experts.

Yes, your quote was quite definitely misleading and I explained why.

The pilot did not practice flying to a spot away from land as you suggested by your quote, but exactly the opposite. He had co-ordinates to a place he was required to know to do his duty as a flying officer, that being to land safely.

This is not evidence that in any way reinforces the decision to search the southern Indian Ocean.

As you, yourself are obviously no expert, I suggest you take your own advice and stay out of the discussion.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I will discuss where, when and as I choose so back off.

The facts are that the new findings have added to the suspicions that it was the pilot, fact. If you cannot handle that then tough.

I suggest you write to all the newspapers to tell them that you disagree, as I couldn't care less for your opinion.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I will discuss where, when and as I choose so back off.

As will I, so why don't you back off.

You're the one who turned this into an ad Hominem attack by calling me an "armchair detective".

So stop being a HYPOCRITE!
edit on -05:0004146252014-06-22T14:25:04-05:00 by Psynic because: pu

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Wrong.

You accused me of being misleading for posting an article from the Telegraph, even though I never gave any opinion of it's content.

If you don't agree to the article go tell them, instead of throwing around accusations.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I suggest you write to all the newspapers to tell them that you disagree, as I couldn't care less for your opinion.

Tell you what, why don't you "write to all the newspapers" and then I wouldn't have to listen to you repeat them here.

This forum is for independent thought not second hand news.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The thread is about the content of the article.

It isn't ''second hand news'' it's breaking news from the PM edition of today's Telegraph and entirely the purpose of this thread.

If you don't like that fact then perhaps you shouldn't bother commenting on it.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Wrong.

You accused me of being misleading for posting an article from the Telegraph, even though I never gave any opinion of it's content.

If you don't agree to the article go tell them, instead of throwing around accusations.

Your quote was "MH370 captain plotted route to southern Indian Ocean (Island) on home simulator", except the word island was omitted.

Very disingenuous.

edit on -05:0032146522014-06-22T14:52:32-05:00 by Psynic because: The last words are your's . I'm done.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingIcarus
This might be a silly question - but there isn't actually a landing strip in the Indian Ocean, is there?

Diego Garcia.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus
Yes, It's called Diego Garcia NAS

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
As far as I can see the captain was always a suspect along with whatever else was popular. I don't see much that is new.

If you want to put together a landing flight plan on a simulator together with marital problems as is in the Express article, what sense does that make? What was he going to do in that scenario, take himself and a full aircraft off to an airstrip because he's fed up with the missus, then just sit there till someone comes a-calling.
If anything the authorities seem to need a scapegoat, maybe they are afraid the plane will never be found, but in that case it would still an open question as to what happened anyway. What about taking another look at the two Iranian false passport holders, after all it was the Malaysian authorities that cleared them up pretty quick, while at the same time publishing two dodgy airport pictures...and Oh Yeh! that was an another error.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Thanks for pointing out some of the absurdity.

Definitely worth a star.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join