It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming ? Not convinced.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm somthing of a skeptic when it comes to the golbal warming thing. I do see some changes in the wether patterns, but I see the explaination for it at the same time. Metal conducts electricity. basic Science. With that basis I constructed a simple graphic to explain my stance.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Greywolf13A

Good try, but I dont see any need for it because varying weather is quite normal.
People say "we're having strange weather" but had they never heard of global warming/ climate change, they'd be saying "The weathers nice this year" or "what a bad year this has been".

Thats how we used to talk about weather, but now it only has to rain a lot and people start squealing about "weird weather".

Its not weird, its normal.

....I can here the stampede of believers.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I have been reading and heard some discussions about all the volcanic activity underneath many of the ice sheets and glaciers that are melting.. Amazing what has been found under the ice to include some once majestic forest.. 26,000 and 41,000 years ago the areas were ice free according to latest investigations... It was called a natural cycle although no one seems to be able to put their finger on what causes the cycles.

We probably will not see the stories much on MSM.

One thing about it, you can only imagine how much they will want to tax everything and everyone even if it is a normal cycle.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think the Global Warming - Climate Change or whatever Craze they call it this week is completely manufactured by Global Agenda21 pirates and bandits.

There's not enough CO2 being "manufactured" to make any difference.

The whole thing is a scam to make money off the Carbon Credit trading Ponzi Scheme that is alive and well in Europe and some U.S. States.

It's a Global Banker-Con game.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well the chicken little's saying we have to stop climate change is a bit dumb .I mean do they even have a reference point at what the climate should be doing optimally ? Like what , no more thunder and lightning ...No tornadoes ..No cold ..no snow ..What should the climate be on earth to be able to say we have conquered climate change ? The AGW crowd have lost all arguments ,not having anything they said would happen actually happen . It was a scam to begin with .

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

A brave thread!

Get ready for the onslaught of weather-man-made-climate-global-doom believers!

I too, am not convinced of the man-made theory being used to raise taxes and capitalize on peoples fears.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What is happening is real, but what they are proposing is not the answer. We need to stop buying unneeded things and stop wasting money on flying all over. Spend the money locally and investigate things on the net. Here is what flying does to our planet. www.sciencedaily.com...

Even Contrails, everyone is arguing they are not chemtrails, yet they are causing a major problem anyway. Look at the number of Jets in the air at any one time over the USA. It is rediculous, and those images do not even include small planes or military planes.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

S&F'd for controversy value alone

i don't know how long man has been keeping "scientific" records on weather? (a few hundred years?)
but if we've got cycles that can span 26,000 years or more maybe we don't know what our weather cycles are really like?

as for unprecedented events, record temperatures, etc
can't deny they're happening (another recent warmest day on record down here in ozzy land)
but again, these could just be cycles we're unaware of
as inconvenient that might be

gah, as for this little ditty

Metal conducts electricity

i just think about those strange chemtrail/contrail things we see sprayed over our heads
in unconventional criss-crossy, non-flight-pathy ways
and those haarp systems around the world that beam out frequencies that supposedly do everything from manipulate weather to make us watch game of thrones i think tesla would be (not so) proud..

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Humans may be causing a bit of a funk in weather but I believe it's mostly determined by solar energy and the suns activity... Not the too much C02 trapping heat. We may be headed for a mini ice age.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

You would think with all the "weird weather" and global warming/global cooling/climate change that the good ol' fashioned Farmers Almanac would be run out of business. It appears though that the Farmers Almanac is actually MORE accurate than climate change scientist! Imagine that.

Farmers' Almanac More Reliable Than Warming Climate Models

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Agreed.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

Record keeping began in 1886, as I'm told. Not , as you say, long enough to give a decent base line.

And , it is possible tghe contrails do cause local temporary disruptions.
Seems you and I are on the same sheet of music.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Well the chicken little's saying we have to stop climate change is a bit dumb .I mean do they even have a reference point at what the climate should be doing optimally ? Like what , no more thunder and lightning ...No tornadoes ..No cold ..no snow ..What should the climate be on earth to be able to say we have conquered climate change ? The AGW crowd have lost all arguments ,not having anything they said would happen actually happen . It was a scam to begin with .

Good Post!!...I wish more people thought like that.

Of course there will be Climate Change, and there is nothing we can do about it, it is natural.

As you have correctly stated....So What is Normal???

I dont think there has been a normal year, in all the years Ive been an Earthling.
There are always floods, fires, heat, cold. etc etc ....somewhere one this planet...all at the same time too.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Sooner or later you run out of room to run, and gotta make a stand..

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well stated thread op. I politely disagree with you on the basis that scientists are studying this and are taking into account all of the natural cycles going back as far as they can see. In some cases that is millions and billions of years or 100s of thousands of years, taking into account everything they can find since the earth was formed billions of years ago all they way up through the ice records and fossil records and sediment layers. All the sciences go into this from physics to astrophysics, to astronomy to geology...everything.

They then take this total view of everything and can see that man is having an effect outside of any of the natural cycles they have observed. They also take into account volcanic activity etc.

If there were only a handful of scientists, lets say a few hundred and only at certain universities, I may be more skeptical but it's thousands of reports, research articles and mountains of data and thousands of scientists and dozens if not hundreds of scientific organizations.

Global warming is happening. well we know that global temp records don't lie..they earth is warming, there is no debate on that.....man made global warming is happening. a theory like gravity but still pretty strong...almost as strong as the theory of gravity and you guys believe in that theory, yes? You can't cherry pick science, right?

Plenty of debate about what we can do, but we're, again pretty sure that we can have a big effect on mitigating some of this man made global warming and pollution. 2nd to that we have rising sea levels, drought and refugee situations that need to be addressed as well.

So still a big issue with lots of work left to do, what we can't do however is put our heads in the sand and pretend that there isn't a problem. We also can't let ourselves we brainwashed by propaganda.

Take a look at all of those reports..those thousands ...then read interviews with all of those climate scientists and really every scientist and see what they are really saying.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Agree with the number of flights, and even a local disruption in the air can have a major impact if there's enough of them...even without additives.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

...And determine how many of those reports were penned by "scientists" with a vested intrest in pushing this agenda to a view of promoting a "sponsor" companies products. Those that have direct links can be trach canned , narrowing the field cinsiderably.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

So by your own standards you would have to agree that any report in opposition to global warming/climate change with direct links to oposing interests would have to trash canned as well?

Would you consider that as fair or would they be the exception?
edit on 19-6-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Pretty much. Anybody with monitary intrests, one way or the other, is disqualified. I want the provable science to be seen. A mathamatical study of 100 years of records isn't even enough for a base line compairison when talking of billions of years...or are we using the "Creation standard " of 6,000 ? Even then the records are incomplete.

I know electrical storms are drawn to lightning rods. And a 100 story buildingf makes a pretty impressive lightning rod. Show me physical proof that's not JUST a computer model.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Ice core, tree ring, coral reef, samples and I am sure there are other methods I am not keen on are our best indicators of the past climates and oxygen/carbon contents. Computer models have a purpose and are our best indicators for what the future holds. Pretty soon computers will be able to model these things much better and at a faster rate because we are on the cusp of the next computer revolution. A jump in computer technology akin to when computers filled entire warehouses that all the power plus now fits in the palm of your hand. I understand that our planets weather spans billions of years however just 65 million years ago when dinos ruled the earth the oxygen content was multiples higher than it is now and science knows that but point is I don't believe we need to have detailed records of climate and co2 content from that far back to model what we face in the future. Hell if you go to far back and compare you will find antarctic as a lush forest however back then all the continents were one big one and the land mass was much closer to the equator.

I think you have an interesting idea in your OP but that isn't a new idea by any means I read something similar in an actual scientific study at least 6 years ago so the data for them has been calculated and that is where computers and their modeling comes in. Some of the science goes over my head that's why I am glad for peer review so I can get the cliff notes on most of it there is one thing any fool can see easily and that time lapse of the arctic. Youtube has a video from NASA of either 12 or 16 years there isn't anything to debate with that as long as you have eyes that can see.

There is a new one but this one works as well.

FYI I am not for taxing this but we better start planning for what is coming.
edit on 20-6-2014 by Grimpachi because: stupid vid

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join