It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One cannot believe in something that does not exist.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSubversiveOne

When one says he believes in God, it is my belief that he doesn’t tell the truth.

I think your arguement has merit. Many people probably try to THINK that they believe in their own "Marnichuk," but doubt resides in their hearts.
For example I think of the "I.J. and the last crusade" clip where I.J. has to take a leap of faith and step out onto the invisible bridge that crosses the abyss. How many people would actually do that in real life I wonder?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
How many of you here believe in time?

Does it exist?

How do you quantify it?

How and when did it begin?

When does it end?

"I am the alpha and the omega"...... The beginning and the end.

If you believe in time, you must believe on God.

From the beggining of this universe until the end... Our perception of time and our measurement of it isn't perfect. Neither is our understanding of it, but we are not perfect by design...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

If one believes nothing(non existance) exists, then it must be part of exsistance or it would not exist.

For something to exsist it needs to be compared to something non existent to diferentiate it.

They can't exsist without each other.

Q. How can "something" NOT exists?

edit on 19-6-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

"I am the alpha and the omega"...... The beginning and the end.

The present is the beginning and end of all apparent things. God is timeless being.
Out of this presence, in presence, as presence appear words which make believe that there are things. Really it is a seamless whole - words just appear to cut it into bits.

Can anything appear outside of now?
edit on 19-6-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains

If one believes nothing(non existance) exists, then it must be part of exsistance or it would not exist.

For something to exsist it needs to be compared to something non existent to diferentiate it.

They can't exsist without each other.

Q. How can "something" NOT exists?

Imagination is wonderful like that. An idea need have only the most tenuous basis in reality, and that's all it needs to become reality. The device by which you are posting on this forum, or even viewing this post, is proof of that. Seriously, the Egyptians would worship us. That whole thing about sufficiently advanced technology and magic. The biggest mystery, of course, is why we limit ourselves to confrontation and aggression when we have the means to do so much more. Maybe it's some kind of competitive spirit, struggling to eliminate the weakest even as we strive to protect them. In the same fashion, we conceptualize nothingness even as we dig for any reason to believe it cannot touch us.
edit on 19-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

I don't believe the Roman Empire ever existed. All we have are books and texts from old people claiming it, no one has seen the Roman Empire.

The Roman Empire doesn't exist. Believing it once existed, on the other hand, is entirely up to your own reasoning in the face of the evidence.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Wrong.
Plenty of people believe in things that don't exist.
Just because they shouldn't believe in something doesn't mean that they can't.

Make an argument if you are able. Simply asserting doesn't work.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This doesn't really make any sense. Kids believe in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy don't they? Or are they lying?

They believe what their parents told them.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

The individual believes that it is an individual so it then believes that there are 'other things' beside itself. This is the first belief which starts the belief in 'things'. There is no individual - reality is one seamless whole

Based on what grounds?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSubversiveOne
Try looking and listening without words. Can you remove yourself from this present happening?

Can any 'thing' be separated out from this moment?

Words and thoughts (mind stuff - conditioning/beliefs held unknowingly) will speak all sorts of things but what is there really?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Time has a path, from the beginning to the end. A past, present, and future. Our perception of time may be focused on the "now" and relived through our memories of the past.... Without memories we would neither have the ability to learn, or to have any perception of the passage of time... Unfortunately we do not have the ability to see beyond our memories and the now.... At least not yet.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

This “present happening” is only a universal idea with no qualities nor properties without the things that make it up. It is you who has removed yourself and other things from it. But this has only occurred in your thoughts and words.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

I dunno, nothingness seems to be, er... Becoming?

I'm probably taking this first one out of context (you know me, lol).. But it still makes sense perfectly if we are/were (perception?) truly one...

edit on 19-6-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername
The only scene appearing is the present scene and there is nothing separate to it - you and now are one.
The scenery appears to move and change - it looks different all the 'time'. 'Time' is a word used to represent movement and change.
Because you are not moving or changing you see the movement.

The belief is that you move but if one experience reality directly one will find that one never goes anywhere - the scenery is moving and changing constantly.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Do you believe in the number nine? It doesn't exist.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Ah, but the electrochemical design of our brain includes a unique recording ability. Memory.

Without it, we would be as perceptive as a rock, probably just as intelligent as well.

Cumulative memories and learning led us to the ability to record events in writing, and later ways of recording in film....

Time is.... Perception is everything.

There will come a time when we will discover how to escape our current perception of time, and actually be able to see and even reach out to other "times"

Maybe we already have.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

― Albert Einstein

Now if you only imagine what can be seen, it puts limitations on the journey of man.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

Nothingness is as nothingness does. So would you notice nothing if you came across it?
edit on 19-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Ramen!

(endorsed by the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
a reply to: Wifibrains

Nothingness is as nothingness does. So would you notice nothing if you came across it?

Hmmm, If you could, it would be easy to keep it secret. It would hide itself from those who couldn't see it. Lol

If nothingness had awareness, it could only it be aware of other seperate nothingnesses.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join